IGNORED

Amy and the Pickle 5: Trekking to TLC

choralcrusader8613

24 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

US magazine is reporting that Amy wants to adopt all 13 Turpin children.

Have at it, Amy! Show that you're a true Duggar and take them to the TTH to hang out. No one will notice 13 more people in the chaos.

<Sarcasm off>

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

WHATTTtttTTT???? Please tell me you're joking.

Oh shit. You're not. 

Edited by SapphireSlytherin
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

US magazine is reporting that Amy wants to adopt all 13 Turpin children.

People have also put this on their front page. 

• Upvote 1

Guys! It's April fools!  Not last day of january fools...

... Found the article ... The tabloids are really running out of ideas for their articles, aren't they? 

Edited by Scrabblemaster
April fools spelling mistake
  • Upvote 2

It sounds like she's not offering herself as a serious candidate to be their caretaker, she's just expressing that she was touched by their story.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

10 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

It sounds like she's not offering herself as a serious candidate to be their caretaker, she's just expressing that she was touched by their story.

That is how I read it as well.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I'm hoping this is true. I'm much older than Amy, educated, in a stable marriage and our ONE adopted (previously neglected/abused) child is a lot to handle.

Social services would likely place the siblings all together and they are going to need to be with someone who is prepared and equipped to handle all their trauma and abuse. My heart goes out to that person/people who step up.
  • Upvote 3

Here’s the people article: http://people.com/crime/amy-duggar-supports-house-horrors-turpin-children-wishes-she-could-adopt-them/

ETA: I think this is another example of her attention seeking behavior. A normal response would be something along the lines of, “My thoughts and prayers to our to the Turpin children, who have endured unspeakable horror.” Not talking about adoption, which she knows would never happen. Plus she’s only two years older than the eldest.

Edited by HarryPotterFan
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I just saw well over 100 negative comments. People are seeing "Duggar" and assuming she is extremely conservative as well. I think Amy wants to help the Turpins because so far she has had NO luck converting any of her cousins all. We got 2 girls wearing pants...but that's about it.

• Upvote 2

Has anyone ever noticed on Instagram that the Duggar sisters barely "like" any of Amy's pictures? Amy doesn't seem to be caught up in liking all of their posts either?

I mention this because its clear all the sisters like each others pictures & comment. I can't help but read into a certain animosity there...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kachuu said:

Has anyone ever noticed on Instagram that the Duggar sisters barely "like" any of Amy's pictures? Amy doesn't seem to be caught up in liking all of their posts either?

I mention this because its clear all the sisters like each others pictures & comment. I can't help but read into a certain animosity there...

I didn't think most of the J'slaves even followed her last time I checked.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kachuu said:

I don't follow the majority of my instagramming cousins, nor do I like stuff they share, for the most part. 

My opinion:  just because they're "famous" cousins doesn't mean they need to follow different "liking" rules. lol

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I didn't think most of the J'slaves even followed her last time I checked.

You are right! I like to think there is animosity & tight lipped discussion with the Duggars mention Amy's name! LOL

• Upvote 1

I do suspect there's as much animosity as their intense "forgiveness" doctrine permits. I also suspect that this is mostly a result of Amy being a "source close to the Duggars."

To go deeper into idle speculation, I wouldn't be surprised if Amy's perhaps shown some of the J-kids an inappropriate movie or TV show, or taught them curse words or about other subject matter they'd otherwise be "protected" from. I'm not from a sheltered background, but I was the oldest of 6 or so kids that I grew up with in my neighborhood, and on more than one occasion I got in trouble for showing two of the kids (fairly conservative catholics) PG-13 movies and talking about words like "penis." I think that sort of thing is pretty common- perhaps moreso when you are as truly sheltered as the J-kids.

I've only been skimming the Turpin thread recently, but I believe the minor kids are going to a few separate homes, and that that's quite realistic given how much special attention they will need.

• Upvote 5

• 1 month later...

What's all this about Famy "accidentally" posting and deleting a nude selfie?

• Confused 1
  • WTF 2

2 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

What's all this about Famy "accidentally" posting and deleting a nude selfie?

whoa have not heard that one. her IG is private now which I just put down to her getting in trouble for the Gideon pictures since it happened right after that. but man that would be so much juicer. 

From her twitter:

I took a pic of me relaxing in the tub just knees down... but I forgot the faucet is reflective and omg..... now I'm horrified and deleted it so quickly but still!!!! #neveragain #nobubbles #ahhhhhh

AmyRking‏ @amyduggar 21h21 hours ago

Literally still freaking out.... please Lord don't let it end up in the tabloids.... I. WILL. JUST. DIE.

Sounds like a plea, Famy.  Feeling ignored these days?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

From her twitter:

I took a pic of me relaxing in the tub just knees down... but I forgot the faucet is reflective and omg..... now I'm horrified and deleted it so quickly but still!!!! #neveragain #nobubbles #ahhhhhh

Literally still freaking out.... please Lord don't let it end up in the tabloids.... I. WILL. JUST. DIE.

oh my well sucks to be her or maybe not maybe you're right and she is hoping someone screen grabbed that pic

• I Agree 1

Sounds like she panicked. And duh, Famy, the tabloids are still up in your social media. Do you think they call themselves by their magazine names? 

1 hour ago, JenniferJuniper said:

From her twitter:

Maybe feeling very ignored with her cousins getting married and having babies.

That said, I hope the tabloids don't publish the pic. 

• Upvote 5

• 3 months later...

Amy has a new job! Seems like she will be mentoring vulnerable young females (I have mixed feelings about this..), and that she made the decision to do so because of how she felt after hearing about the Turpin children. I’m not from the US so not sure what type of ‘facility’ it is that she may be working at.

Edited by Coconut Flan
Removed private account quotes.
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

I think if I had hired someone for a serious job and then saw a dopey filter on their social media page I'd be side-eyeing them like crazy afterwards. Yes I am feeling bitchy today, does it show? lol

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic