IGNORED

Jinjer: Shopping in Bookstores

Coconut Flan

i'm 9 months older than husband...i joke that he was conceived the day i was born :my_smile: in all three of my children's relationships, the woman is older, though by just a bit

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

i'm 9 months older than husband...i joke that he was conceived the day i was born in all three of my children's relationships, the woman is older, though by just a bit

I once saw an episode of A Wedding Story on TLC back in the late 90's. the bride was 9 months older then the groom. They grew up on the same street and apparently they did the math and he was conceived the day she came home from the hospital. 

On 6/8/2017 at 0:16 PM, nausicaa said:

As a woman who is just under 6' and dating, I can wholeheartedly attest to all of this. 

I understand short women have different struggles in terms of clothing, getting respect in the workplace, et cetera, but in dating in the United States, they most definitely have the upper hand and much more flexibility in who they can date, and who will date them. 

Unpopular opinion---but if I ever had a daughter and it looked like she would be very tall (my height or taller), I would seriously consider medical intervention before puberty to limit her adult height. I try not to dwell on it, but I do think my height has really limited my opportunities in life. 

While I completely understand where you're coming from, you really don't want to mess with kids' hormones and puberty unless you really have to. Past treatments for tall girls have led to cancer and even with treatments now there's evidence that it affects fertility. On the opposite end, puberty blockers, sometimes given to short kids, have been found to lead to health problems later on as well.

No!! I actually sort of liked Jeremy! He lets Jinger wear pants!! Why did he have to jump on the anti-Catholic wagon?? :(

3 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

While I completely understand where you're coming from, you really don't want to mess with kids' hormones and puberty unless you really have to. Past treatments for tall girls have led to cancer and even with treatments now there's evidence that it affects fertility. On the opposite end, puberty blockers, sometimes given to short kids, have been found to lead to health problems later on as well.

I know most of the treatments in the past were really detrimental to health--especially the ones in the 50s and 60s. I would be willing to explore other options though, especially if something developed in the next decade or so that did well in trials. The tricky part is that it's making a major medical choice for someone who is still a child and can't weigh the options on their own. 

If it were still a possibility for me, I would jump on any of those options though, tbh. It's only a 13 point difference in conception between the women who received estrogen treatments, and the women who didn't.  I think I'm only fully realizing how much my height has negatively affected my life in the last few months.

And I don't have kids and probably won't have any, so this is a choice that likely won't ever need to be made. 

8 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

i'm 9 months older than husband...i joke that he was conceived the day i was born :my_smile: in all three of my children's relationships, the woman is older, though by just a bit

Mr. Right is 9 months older than me too. My parents were getting frisky on the 4th of July.:pb_redface:

On 6/8/2017 at 4:02 PM, Kelsey said:

Those calculations said that I'd be 5'8". I am just a touch over 5'1" My other half is over 6'

They did the bone measurement calculation when I was born. I was supposed to be 5'10". I'm 5'4". Almost everyone on my dad's side of the family is tall and thin. I look like my mom's mom. Short and not thin.

I'm 5'8" and my husband is 6'6". I never dated anyone under, I'd guess, maybe 6'2". This wasn't something I did on purpose, just who asked me out/I asked out. Two of my great grandmothers were under 4'10" and the other two were 5'7". Everyone since has been taller so the family pictures look weird with the two short women amongst giants! And yes, pants are always either an inch too short or an inch too long! I love heels and a 4" shoe feels totally normal when with my husband but when out and about sometimes I find myself feeling like a bit of a giant around others. My best friend is 5'1" and married a guy that is 5'9". She picked out 3" heels for us to wear in her wedding while she stuck with flats. My hubby and I really stand out in their wedding pictures while she was the same height as one of our flower girls in our wedding pictures. 

My brother in law is only 6'3" but his wife is 5'11". Their oldest daughter broke her leg a few years ago and the doctors were convinced she would end up being 6'3"-4" at full height based on different measurements and her growth plates and such. Her mother was soooo upset knowing what she had always gone through and not wanting it to be even harder for her daughter. Everyone always assumed our niece was older just based on her height. When younger it was "Why is she still in a stroller" and "You know they say sippy cups at her age are bad for teeth." She was like 14 months when I saw this happen! She was over 5' by third grade and other parents would object to their kids having to play her soccer and basketball teams because our niece looked years older (although her coordination matched her age!).  Broke. My. Heart. Her growth slowed dramatically and they are now thinking she will be around 5'11".  They have two other daughters and a son. The son is already taller than his older sisters and will be at least as tall as my husband, one niece will be around 5'7" ish, and the other will be pushing 6'. 

My mom is a person who remembers dates... I was conceived on the anniversary of my parents first date and she reminds me of this every year. It also happens to be the day my husband was born. He jokingly calls me kiddo and I tease back calling him old man. 

4 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

They did the bone measurement calculation when I was born. I was supposed to be 5'10". I'm 5'4". Almost everyone on my dad's side of the family is tall and thin. I look like my mom's mom. Short and not thin.

I wonder what the accuracy rate for these predictions are. I was actually tested for growth hormone and found to be lacking/not making enough on my own. 

3 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I wonder what the accuracy rate for these predictions are. I was actually tested for growth hormone and found to be lacking/not making enough on my own. 

Good question. I'm a 70's kid so I assume they are better now. I have some endocrine issues so they always monitored things like my HGH. From the age of 8 on they estimated I'd be 5'8"...which I am. They also nailed it for my sister but had my brother being 2" taller than he ended up being.

1 hour ago, WhyNotJulie said:

No!! I actually sort of liked Jeremy! He lets Jinger wear pants!! Why did he have to jump on the anti-Catholic wagon?? :(

Yuck, where?

I am 5'10 and my husband 6'3.

Our girls are 5'8 and 5'9.

One Dr said children's heights follow the mothers family.

If this was the case my brothers and I should have all been under 6'.

All my mothers siblings being under 6'.

All my fathers siblings are between 6'5 and 6'8.

My brothers are between 6'5 and 6'7.

I think it is the luck of the DNA and prediction of height is not an exact science.

1 hour ago, WhyNotJulie said:

I guess that's why he gets along so well with Bin.

25 years ago I had a  hormonal treatment to stop my growth . I am so blessed my parents made the decision , otherwise I would have been VERY beyond what is considered normal "length" aka  a giant . I became pregnant 1 week after using hormonal birth control for more then 15 years. My son however is also very tall , but for a boy this is not that much of a problem . I still feel very blessed that I am still considered " normal " although quite tall . 

I think being short sucks! My 12 1/2 yr old pats me on the head cause she's already a couple of inches taller than me. Lots of people have patted me on the head over the years & it is so patronizing.

I'm waiting to see how tall my kid will be because she has big feet - size 11! It is not easy to find shoes that size. She needs bigger socks too, also not easy to find. If her feet grow any bigger, we'll be shopping online only or at specialty stores. I wear size 6 or so.

i'm good at hemming pants, lots of practice. What annoys me is trying to reach things or see over people.

My husband always sits on the aisle or the very back row at shows because he is self conscious that people won't be able to see over him.

2 minutes ago, ItsMeY'all said:

My husband always sits on the aisle or the very back row at shows because he is self conscious that people won't be able to see over him.

As a short person I appreciate this.

5 minutes ago, ItsMeY'all said:

As a short person (4'10") I cam hardly see when someone 5'4" sits in front of me LOL

After seeing the anti-catholic news stuff about Jeremy I decided had nothing better to do than play the videos while doing chores around the house, and God is Jeremey's theology ignorant, depressing, and honestly boring as hell. He spent 2 hours talking about how their church needs to evangelize (proselytize) the poor people of Laredo because of all the ebil, pagan catholics in Laredo are going to hell and leading others astray with their catholic-ness. Like, seriously, if you are going to spend an hour just vomiting bad theology and self-loathing at me at least have a power point.

At one point Jeremy tells a story where he tried covering his catholic elderly neighbor. His wife had dementia and the couple was going through a rough time. Jeremy asked if the man was religious. The man said “we both worship the same God”; Jeremy being a dick said “No the bible has a lot to say about that”. Then Jeremy laments “as I was trying to share the gospel with this man, the man’s ex-catholic priest showed up as I was about to quote John 3:16, do you think this is a coincidence? The powers of darkness are trying to keep this man's heart closed to the Lord.”

Like what a miserable way to think and live.  That you need to scare people into conversion. That you only see evil in everything rather than goodness and beauty in the world. 

For those who doesn't want to don't want snark of Jeremy's dull and long-winded sermons. Here is a pic I found that sums it up pretty nicely. 

meme.png

I'm 5'7" and never had a problem with it, it's not really that tall. I hated being fat growing up though, had a big problem with that.

Mr. SB is the first really tall guy I have been with, at 6'3". Wouldn't matter if he was 5'3" though, because we are so compatible and he is so wonderful. I can't say I don't like looking up into his beautiful brown eyes though.

Ex husband was about 5'9, didn't bother me at all.

All my relationships have been with men in my peer group, for me it made relating much easier and thats what I prefer. Wasn't looking for a daddy or a son, but hey, to each their own. 

Maybe I missed something but where is the Jeremy Catholic hate rant? Guess I'm pretty disappointed. 

Religion. What to say sometimes. 

27 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Maybe I missed something but where is the Jeremy Catholic hate rant? Guess I'm pretty disappointed. 

Religion. What to say sometimes. 

GCC Laredo post it to their facebook, and their youtube channel. Trust me, as someone who sat through an 2 hours of it; I can give you snarky highlights buts its not worth sitting through it all. Like believe me there is abhorrent content, but maybe its because I find the calvinistic flavor of christianity unpalatable. It was mostly white noise in the background as I did other stuff. I was live snarky texting my uber-catholic friend highlights. 

My personal highlights (mostly paraphrased quotes)

1. “we can’t wait for people to join this church, we have to go to them. go to the freeways, door to door. Expect people to slam the door in your faces; thats how you know you are doing God's work" 

2. ““The USA spends so much money on cancer and aids research and those aren’t even the main problems. You know what's bigger disease than aids. Sin”.

3. “The symptoms of cancer are fever, weight loss, and being tired. You know what the symptoms are of the sin disease: murder, rape, pillaging, jealousy, malice, sexual perversion, idolatry, lying, adultery, gossiping, war, poverty”

4. “According to jesus most of the people who die of cardiovascular disease are going to hell, because they were never saved”

Like the worst part is that it wasn't so gibberish and incoherent (like the way Ben preaches). You can tell Jeremey is educated and well-read, just terribly ignorant and has a really really sad and self-loathing way he looks at the world. Like it doesn't matter how many books you read if you only read other crazy, backwards-thinking literature. He doesn't read to challenge his world-view, only to enforce it. 

@immodest_countenance Me reading that summary: :shock: 

What a self-righteous bigoted ignorant asshole.

Lord forbid we spend money on cancer and AIDS. I guess he's anti-NIH? Also when the fuck did Jesus say anything about cardiovascular disease? I hope the tabloids that read here for material pick up on this and expose him for the vile creature he is. 

I wonder what Derick and Cathy think of Jeremy bashing cancer research.

16 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I wonder what Derick and Cathy think of Jeremy bashing cancer research.

God cured Cathy remember? It had nothing to do with all those modern treatments and doctors. *sarcasm* 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived