IGNORED

Jinjer: Shopping in Bookstores

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, BeckaBoots said:

What the heck is a fanny pack????   

It's a bum bag. 

ETA: In the US "fanny" is a polite and somewhat childish word for your rear end. It goes rear end/fanny/gluteus maximus > butt > ass. 

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

This is already being discussed in the Jinger thread or the Dillards thread (I'm sorry, I can't recall which now - I think the Dillards).

I looked in both threads before posting, and I couldn't find anything about it. Sometimes our conversations take very interesting, but off topic turns. 

7 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Pickles likely got that sermon from here, as we've been talking about it on the JinJer thread since Friday night.

Would you post the link or point me to the thread? I'd like to read your comments. His seeming criticism blew me away and gave me hope that there are more cracks in the cult that might eventually make it crumble to free the younger kids.

Yes, it's a classic distinction between American English and British English (I think Aussie, too). American fanny = butt, British fanny = vagina. So "fanny pack" sounds hilarious to our friends across the ocean. When I stripped in England, my American self got a kick out of saying "yeah, I'll drop my pants and show you my fanny." In the US, that would mean "I'll drop my trousers and show you my butt." Brits seemed to think it was cute to hear me using their terms with my American accent.

I'm all for Derrick and Jill getting called out on their mission trips, but I have this thought that keeps popping up. So Jeremy's dad apparently comes to Lancaster, Pa, to preach to the Amish. So how is it any different that the Dillards are trying to convert Catholics and Jeremy's dad is trying to convert Amish? Yes, i know the Dillards need money for their trips, but that doesn't seem to be his beef with what they do. Anyone have thoughts on this?

That bugs me. What possible beef could he have with the AMISH? They work for themselves, family orientated, and believe in the literal word of the Bible

40 minutes ago, FeministShrew said:

@Four is Enough alliteration seems to be a thing in some preaching circles. It's supposed to be an easy starting point for writing a sermon, and it's also supposed to make it memorable. Not sure if it's actually taught in seminaries, but in denominations/churches that only require training under an ordained minister (in my experience Free Will Baptists, lots of nondenominationals, some IFBs), it's part of the training. 

I was part of the evangelical church for many years with pastors who had undergrad degrees from Biola and Master's and Doctorates from grad schools such as Fuller Theological Seminary. The practice of using alliteration in bullet points was very much alive. My husband was so repulsed by it.

7 hours ago, The limit does not exist said:

1. Jeremy has been on a mission-cation with the Duggars before so he was okay with their type of mission trips at some point.

I don't think he went on this because he was solely interested in missions  .......it was a mission to know Jinger. His dad outed him on his wedding day during his wedding sermon. 

That bugs me. What possible beef could he have with the AMISH? They work for themselves, family orientated, and believe in the literal word of the Bible

There is a lot to dislike the amish for. But I don't think he's worried about the domestic violence and puppy mills.

Derrick's recent bible tweets are verses about self-control and keeping your mouth shut. I wonder who those could possibly be aimed at...

:pow:

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Pickles needs FJ. We're her "secret source. "

I must be hungry. Completely misread that as 'secret sauce' and did a double take. Ooops!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived