IGNORED

Jinjer: Shopping in Bookstores

Coconut Flan

From what I can gather, Magnolia Market is what would happen if Pinterest formed a corporate fiefdom. It's like Mecca for fundamentalist white girls.

Jo and Chip Gaines are the current "power couple" amount evangelicals. One of the courting fundies I know instagrammed #RelationshipGoals with their photo just a little bit ago. And the same girl and her two sisters and mom are planning a pilgrimage to the Magnolia Market (owned by Chip and Jo) this summer.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Honestly I think this is the most we can hope from for all of the older kids. The kids from Jed & Jer down we really don't know much abut, since the twins were what 14/15 when the show went off the air and weren't included much in the Counting on show since they were under 18. And Counting on was really just about selling off the unmarrieds now that they've gotten Jinger Joy & Joe taken are of they need to get Jana & JD, especially, taken care of than the only eligible kids to married right now are Si, Jed & Jer, Jason will be 18 in 10 months but Johanna won't be 18 for 6 & 1/2 years. No way the boys courting & marrying can carry this for 6 1/2 and that is on the assumption Johanna will start courting at 18.  Honestly once Jana marries and has her 1st kids the fans are totally bored.  If the Duggar's weren't so lazy they could Vlog and make damn good money, if they could get up the subscribers. But that is a LOT OF WORK and they are too lazy. 

I have always wondered why the Duggars don't try seriously at YouTube, instead of just sporadically posting those "congrats" vids.  With that many IG followers, Jessa & Jill could get a ton of subscribers if they created mommy channels. But yeah like you said, filming and editing blogs is probably more work than they're willing to do. Btw, is it possible they could be limited by their TLC contracts to not put out much youTube content? 

4 hours ago, LKUK said:

Interesting that the caption says 'two' of the siblings exploring career options, would Joy be allowed to pursue that? Do you think that this is possibly one line of work that could be accepted?

Are you kidding? Joy has already reached VP of the fundie world, she is a wife! When she's a mother, she reaches president of the fundie world. No, Joy would never be allowed to go into politics. 

A quick look at Grace Community Church says that they believe that women are not to be leaders in ministry, they denounce faith by good works, and only permit divorce for "sexual sin" or "desertion by a nonbeliever" (whatever that means...). It sounds a lot more conservative than Christians I know, so I'm not sure how right-wing it is.

Michael Mahoney is apparently the Pastor of Administration. It looks like all of the pastors there have about five kids or less, so there's that.

40 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

Pastor Mahoney reminds me of Anthony Rapp in the movie version of RENT.

Dear sweet FSM.  That just ruined Rent for me!  :content:

6 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Jinger's missing a button on her coat. Oops! 

A mustard-colored coat to replace the cardigan?

Well, she needed a coat. Given the climate in Laredo, maybe she didn't bring one from the TTH? At any rate, it rained all winter out here in Cali. Too bad it looks like she shopped at the last minute and this was the only thing that fit. 

Not the best way to impress Jeremy's superiors. First impressions and all that...

Aside from the missing button, I think the coat is a nice shape on her (the colour could be better). I really hope she has the lower buttons unbuttoned for comfort, and not to hide a bump.

Schrodinger's Uterus strikes again.

8 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

That's horrible. How can a teacher not encourage reading? 

Our teacher was very young, we were her first class ever. She was very passionate about her job and clearly loved it, so she probably meant well. I don't know maybe she was into some sort of weird teaching theory or something. Maybe she though I would feel superior to others if she let me read during class (admittedly, I would). 

16 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

New photo from Jeremy:

Anyone know who Pastor Mahoney is?

Lord, they cannot dress lol. Btw interesting Jinger is wearing a skirt…I hope it's not because she feels pressured to do so in religious situations like meeting with this pastor guy. 

And for our next discussion at the FJ junior high lunch table: how weird and pathetic Jinger is for not buttoning the bottom buttons on her coat! And, like, omg you guys, that coat is sooooo lame. It's, like, sad. I'm just worried about her, okay? How is she going to impress anyone with THAT coat? Ugh. So glad I always button all of the buttons on my coat! It's okay, Jinger. Not everyone can be perfect.

14 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

And for our next discussion at the FJ junior high lunch table: how weird and pathetic Jinger is for not buttoning the bottom buttons on her coat! And, like, omg you guys, that coat is sooooo lame. It's, like, sad. I'm just worried about her, okay? How is she going to impress anyone with THAT coat? Ugh. So glad I always button all of the buttons on my coat! It's okay, Jinger. Not everyone can be perfect.

... and to think, I just wanted to know who this Pastor guy is... :pb_lol::roll:

But yeah. She only buttoned one button. That's obviously the important thing to focus on. 

(Shout out to @Coconut Flan @Taylurker @Shadoewolfand @delphinium65for helping me out/talking about Rent. :pb_lol:)

I'd hate to see what some of the posters here would say about how I'm dressed right now... I think the coat looks fine. It is too bad about the button but honestly, she might not have noticed (I didn't until someone mentioned it here) and even if she did not all of us have multiple coat options just laying around ready to serve at our beck and call. I myself only have three total (shock and horror!)- two for spring/fall, one for winter in neutral colors so they go with whatever- though it was four before I lost my dressier one at airport security. Now granted, if one was in bad shape I would buy another one, but one can't always do that instantly. If I was leaving the house today right now and needed a coat, I'd be putting on the one I have, even if I noticed it was missing a button, and I'd be putting it on tomorrow and Friday too until I was able to go shopping over the weekend.

I went to work with my cardigan buttoned the wrong way today. I will file Jinger's missing buttons under shit happens. 

Dude, I've been at work for an hour now and I just realized I had my skirt on inside out soooooo Jinger is doing great in my books. But hey let's rag on her for wearing a mustard coat (BECAUSE OMG SHE CAN'T LET GO OF HER LIFE AT THE TTH AND JUST HAD TO BUY A MUSTARD ITEM OF CLOTHING) and she can't figure out how to button her coat. For petes sakes let's stop this conversation

2 minutes ago, SuhrEnity said:

Dude, I've been at work for an hour now and I just realized I had my skirt on inside out soooooo Jinger is doing great in my books. But hey let's rag on her for wearing a mustard coat (BECAUSE OMG SHE CAN'T LET GO OF HER LIFE AT THE TTH AND JUST HAD TO BUY A MUSTARD ITEM OF CLOTHING) and she can't figure out how to button her coat. For petes sakes let's stop this conversation

I was infamous at my last job for wearing my shirts inside out.  I blamed living in a dark basement apartment.

I went on a first date with my t-shirt inside out. Only realised it halfway through coffee and excused myself to go put it on the right way out. Jinger gets a pass. 

I'm sorry that some of you had bad experiences with reading instruction in primary grades. BUT it has changed. Trust me. I go into these classrooms and do the teaching on a regular basis. 

First grade reading in both districts I work in goes something like this: 

There are 3 or 4 reading groups based on levels. In the first grade classroom I was in most frequently this year, there were four ranging from kids struggling with basic 3 and 4 letter words to kids who were reading fluently at about level 2.5 or higher (2.5 = second semester second grade). 

Each reading group would come to the table to the teacher for 20-25 minutes to read, discuss vocabulary in the week's story, do comprehension activities, or do writing activities. Most days, it was a combination of any of those. No student was stuck listening to kids far below them reading aloud as they only did read aloud with the group at their own reading level. 

While each group was at the table with the teacher, other groups had assigned tasks. These tasks were: 

Word Work: Each student had assigned word activities based on his or her reading level. Word activities included things like using letter magnets to build words using prefixes and suffixes (higher levels) or creating rhyming words starting with an assigned word (i.e the worksheet has a picture of a cat and the word "cat" and the child has to write out 3-5 words that rhyme with it). Typically each child had to complete two word work activities each day. 

Read to Self: Kids get their own book bag compiled by the teacher with books at their reading level and read alone in any space they choose. 

Read with Someone: Kids choose any partner they want and any book they want and read out loud together. This would be the only time they might be reading with someone at a different reading level, but I noticed they tended to pair up according to reading groups. 

Writing Journals: Pages with topics and space for a picture that were keyed to their reading story and vocabulary for the week.  

Each group would do three of these activities each day in the time they were not at the table with the teacher for their reading group. Notice that all the activities except read with someone are keyed to their exact level.

This is how the classrooms in K-3 that I have subbed in do reading now, though the activities they do when not with the teacher vary according to age level. In kindergarten rooms, there is a supervised group activity with a teacher's aid done with their leveled reading group as well so there is not so much independent work time for that age group. In grades 4-6, kids switch rooms for reading so each teacher has one large group that may be varied in reading levels, but the variation in each room is not extreme. 

I wonder if Jeremy has had a "Frankly, JB, that's none of your business" conversation with his father-n-law yet? I can't imagine JB hasn't tried to poke his nose into their sex life, or Jinger's clothing choices.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived