Jump to content
IGNORED

Race to the Altar: Unmarried Fundies 3


Bethella
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, fundiefan said:

Holy shit. I didn't know this. I try to ignore the 'bit' fundies as much as I can. 

This - - well, it just makes my gut turn and my throat chuckle. 

Yeah, the Duggars and Bateses are clearly in a race to get their kids married off. 

Marriages: tied at 4 each

Engaged: Duggars win with 1 (Joy & Austin), Bateses 0

Confirmed Courtships: tied at 1 each (Joseph & Kendra Caldwell and Tori & Bobby Smith)

Speculated Courtships: Bateses win with 2 (Trace & Campbell and Carlin & Evan Stewart)

Overall the Bateses are winning with 7 kids in relationships vs. the Duggars' 6

  • Upvote 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Overall the Bateses are winning with 7 kids in relationships vs. the Duggars' 6

That just means that a Duggar relationship will soon surface. There will soon be pictures of Jana, John David, Josiah, or the twins with someone. 

  • Upvote 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Linzeys should be in here as well - Elisabeth's wedding last November was discussed in the previous thread, and the family is friends with the Burnetts, Neelys and possibly the Bontragers? Adult unmarried siblings are Anna, Josiah and Laura.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lauren Berkompas' brother  (?Joseph) just got engaged to a woman named Joy. I have no further details I saw it on her mom's Instagram

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for updating the list, @Bethella! Just one thing, you've missed Carson Bontrager and Carolina Bowers's engagement off it. They're getting married in September.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cecily Bradrick is either courting or dating someone per her FB,  She is in her late thirties i believe so happy for her I guess?? They look very happy on her page.

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Triplet3 said:

Thanks for updating the list, @Bethella! Just one thing, you've missed Carson Bontrager and Carolina Bowers's engagement off it. They're getting married in September.

I accidentally cropped them off the bottom of the image.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

Cecily Bradrick is either courting or dating someone per her FB,  She is in her late thirties i believe so happy for her I guess?? They look very happy on her page.

His name is Brett Barnes

Edited by Mrs. Bean
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, teachergirl said:

Cecily Bradrick is either courting or dating someone per her FB,  She is in her late thirties i believe so happy for her I guess?? They look very happy on her page.

I guess that's the best way to do it if you come from a quiverfull background. Get married in your late thirties so you have only a few kids. 

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a grade school teacher that married in her mid to late 30s and then popped out 6 kids in 6-8 yrs. Super fertility I guess. She took maternity leave basically part of every school yr. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JMO said:

I had a grade school teacher that married in her mid to late 30s and then popped out 6 kids in 6-8 yrs. Super fertility I guess. She took maternity leave basically part of every school yr. 

That is a little bit what I hope for myself. I always wanted a large family and now as the Big 3-0 is getting closer and closer and I'm still single AF I often wonder wether my dream of having a lot of kids will ever get true.

I might change my mind after giving birth for the first time though ;-)

  • Upvote 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

That is a little bit what I hope for myself. I always wanted a large family and now as the Big 3-0 is getting closer and closer and I'm still single AF I often wonder wether my dream of having a lot of kids will ever get true.

I might change my mind after giving birth for the first time though ;-)

It's not the birth that changes anyone's mind in my experience. It's the sleepless nights, the constant whining, crying, and fussing, the fighting with siblings from sun up to sun down, and the sheer exhaustion that comes from having multiple kids. Birth was downright easy compared to parenting!

Sorry. I was up all night with my kids and I'm not a ray of sunshine today :-/

  • Upvote 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It's not the birth that changes anyone's mind in my experience. It's the sleepless nights, the constant whining, crying, and fussing, the fighting with siblings from sun up to sun down, and the sheer exhaustion that comes from having multiple kids. Birth was downright easy compared to parenting!

When I was in the hospital after the birth of my first, I met another woman who had given birth the same day.  Back then you couldn't keep the baby in the room with you while you slept, so mothers either had to go to the nursery when they wanted the baby, or wait until someone brought the baby to you.  Anyway, I was at the nursery to get my kid, and had to wait because the other mother got there first.  She seemed to know the nurses, probably worked at the hospital or something.  So I had to stand there, ignored, while the other new mother told them that her long labor and having to push for four hours was so disappointing to her and her husband, they'd already changed their plans from two or three kids to only having the one.  She said her husband had already made an appointment to get snipped.

After she left, the nurses were shaking their heads.  They said that they've seen this before, and usually when the baby is about six months old, sleeping through the night or getting close to it, and really getting to be a lot of fun, the parents will regret it and then they'll be looking into getting the vasectomy reversed.  Their advice was to wait until the baby is at least a year old and then think about a permanent form of birth control. 

  • Upvote 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I think Sarah Reith may be getting married on 12/2/17. She has that date in her bio on Instagram.

that's a *really* long engagement; i'm pretty sure they announced it last July or August.  a year and a half is long by anyone's standards.  but good for them for doing things their way.

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Flossie said:

Their advice was to wait until the baby is at least a year old and then think about a permanent form of birth control. 

I also think that making a decision right after birth is not a good idea. I had two crazy awful births but they are still nothing in comparison to the constant drudgery that can be raising young children. It probably also depends on the children. I've been told I have a "spirited" child. That's code for difficult...

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@JermajestyDuggar I also have a spirited child. When he was about 3 if you had asked me I would have told you that no one should have children, that anyone who had more than 1 was certifiable and that I didn't understand why daycare wasn't open nights and weekends.  

  • Upvote 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JMO said:

@JermajestyDuggar I also have a spirited child. When he was about 3 if you had asked me I would have told you that no one should have children, that anyone who had more than 1 was certifiable and that I didn't understand why daycare wasn't open nights and weekends.  

Mine is 4.

And I've often wondered why they don't have boarding school for preschoolers....

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@JermajestyDuggar mine is now 5. He has progressively improved over the past 2 years. He's still spirited but he's also more rational at times. And calms more quickly. I saw my cousin' s son, who is an "easy" child, throw a pitiful temper tantrum and scoffed. That's it?! That's all you got?!! Please.  The whole thing was done in minutes and he caved almost immediately. I just hope to mold my son's spirit for good and not evil. Now I worry that my daughter won't be spirited. Lol. I want her to be a fighter too. 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

You can move Joy Duggar Forsyth to the newlywed list. She and Austin were married a few hours. Tis is per the Joy and Austin thread where there's a People Exclusive picture.

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And Joseph Duggar and Kendra Caldwell are now engaged. As of tonight, at Joy's wedding. Sigh.

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Bethella locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share




×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.