IGNORED

Race to the Altar: Unmarried Fundies 3

Bethella

11 minutes ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

News from the Bontragers: Josh Bontrager (20 y old)  is now engaged with Cassidy Bowers...

http://bontragersingers.blogspot.fr/2017/06/god-is-adding-another-daughter-to-our.html

How old is Cassidy? 20??

It said there's a double wedding in the works. Are they serious? And with what other couple? 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carolina Bowers and Carson Bontrager are engaged since march or april.. so ... Double Singing Wedding!!

13 minutes ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

Carolina Bowers and Carson Bontrager are engaged since march or april.. so ... Double Singing Wedding!!

Oh dear god we predicted this! We said there would be more than one Bowers/Bontrager wedding! 

I bet they will have a fundie double wedding! This is crazy.

They are officially the Boners. 

ETA: it looks like Carson and Carolina are getting married in September so if there is a double wedding, it will be September. I guess it would make things much easier just to have a double wedding.

Saw their website since the girls are sisters a double wedding would probably be good because if they have out of town relatives. But is a double wedding what the girls want. 

Side note: does anyone know how many kids are in the girls family besides them.  

44 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Saw their website since the girls are sisters a double wedding would probably be good because if they have out if town relatives it should be good. 

I think I counted 9 Bowers kids and 10 Bontrager kids. 

The Bontragers and Bowers saw Joe Duggar's wedding reception proposal and said "yo, we can top that"

This will be the fundy wedding of the year!  Bridesmaids for miles!  Wagonloads of ring bearers!

And reception food that will run rings around any Duggar/Bates affair.

Both of these Bontrager men dropped out of their family band in the last year or two to stay home--and pursue godly maidens, apparently.

Double wedding! This should be interesting. I've never heard of a non-fundie having a double wedding.

Can't say I'm surprised about this - when Carson and Carolina got engaged I predicted there'd be another Bontrager-Bowers marriage. In fact, I predict there'll be even more in the future! It seems reasonably common for large fundie families to have more than one marriage between them.

i wonder whether the Maxwells will be invited to this double wedding? I won't be surprised if the Wissmanns, Burnetts and Linzeys go.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Both of these Bontrager men dropped out of their family band in the last year or two to stay home--and pursue godly maidens, apparently.

I won't be surprised if Mitchell is the next to get engaged. Apparently he's not doing the travelling-singing thing with the family this summer.

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

So are the Bow-tragers the new S'Mortons?

Yes. The Boners are the new Smortons.

And don't the Duggars know the Bontragers? So there could be the Bontragers, Bowers, Maxwells, Wissmans, Staddons, and Duggars at the wedding? 

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

So are the Bow-tragers the new S'Mortons?

I think they are still an intermarriage or 2 behind. The SMortons have 4 including the grandparents. Not to mention the 30 grandkids. 

I think Cassidy's ring is BEAUTIFUL. I wonder how long they've been dating - maybe just long enough to buy the ring!

10 hours ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

How old is Cassidy? 20??

I don't have an exact age, but probably about 20. Carolina will be 22 this summer and Cassidy is the next oldest.

9 hours ago, Jana814 said:

10 Bontragers: Chelsy (b. 1991), Mitchell (b. 1992), Allison (b. 1994), Carson (b. 1995), Joshua (b. 1997), Denver (b. 1999), Lincoln (b. 2002), Elizabeth (b. 2003), Hudson (b. 2005) and Rebecca (b. 2007)

9 Bowers: Carolina (b. 1995), Cassidy, Charlie, Carver, Crockett, Christian, Chapman, Campbell, Crosby (plus two miscarriages Columbus and Courage) *I'm not sure I have the kids in birth order, I made some guesses

10 hours ago, Bethella said:

9 Bowers: Carolina (b. 1995), Cassidy, Charlie, Carver, Crockett, Christian, Chapman, Campbell, Crosby (plus two miscarriages Columbus and Courage) *I'm not sure I have the kids in birth order, I made some guesses

"Columbus and Courage"? Dear sweet Rufus. I guess its better that Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria.

Anyway, poor Chelsy. She blogged about how she wanted to be married at 19, like her mom, and she's kinda desperate to have marry and have kids like her bazillion Mennonite cousins already have. Now she's had to watch 2 younger brothers court.

The Bontragers host a big labor day event called "Turning Hearts." Past speakers/performers have been the Duggars, Wissmans, and Ted's Cruz's preacher father, Rafael.

I wonder if they are going to do the labor day event separate from the double wedding. Maybe they will merge it all together into a gigantic Fundypalooza!  Fuel up the RV, Rodriguii! There will be potential husbands galore!

19 hours ago, Triplet3 said:

i wonder whether the Maxwells will be invited to this double wedding? I won't be surprised if the Wissmanns, Burnetts and Linzeys go.

I won't be surprised if Mitchell is the next to get engaged. Apparently he's not doing the travelling-singing thing with the family this summer.

Rufus be praised!  You are correct!!!! Mitchell just got engaged.  WE COULD HAVE A TRIPLE FUNDY WEDDING Y"ALL!!!

http://bontragersingers.blogspot.com/

Three Bontrager sons engaged and neither of the two elder daughters in courtships? Hmmm.... Looks like someone is following the Steve Maxwell path to keeping their daughters' hearts.

I had hoped that the few indications we have of what some might call friendship between the Bontragers and the Maxwells would lead to a courtship for Anna or Mary (Sarah being to old for them) but I guess not. Perhaps John or Jesse will go for Chelsy or Allison. 

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Three Bontrager sons engaged and neither of the two elder daughters in courtships? Hmmm.... Looks like someone is following the Steve Maxwell path to keeping their daughters' hearts.

I had hoped that the few indications we have of what some might call friendship between the Bontragers and the Maxwells would lead to a courtship for Anna or Mary (Sarah being to old for them) but I guess not. Perhaps John or Jesse will go for Chelsy or Allison. 

I'm very surprised that Chelsy and Allison haven't snagged a man. They are both attractive and present themselves as bubbly, fashion conscious and hardworking. They would be totally stifled in the Maxwell household.

Chelsy praises Anna Maxwell's tech skills on her new website: http://www.chelsyrenee.com/

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Rufus be praised!  You are correct!!!! Mitchell just got engaged.  WE COULD HAVE A TRIPLE FUNDY WEDDING Y"ALL!!!

http://bontragersingers.blogspot.com/

Slow down there, lol.  At the bottom of the post it states that it will not be a triple wedding, date and details forthcoming.  Since they had spent some time with the Maxwells I thought perhaps John was interested in one of the older sisters.  

Anyone know what the older sons do to support themselves?

38 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I'm very surprised that Chelsy and Allison haven't snagged a man. They are both attractive and present themselves as bubbly, fashion conscious and hardworking. They would be totally stifled in the Maxwell household.

Chelsy praises Anna Maxwell's tech skills on her new website: http://www.chelsyrenee.com/

Elisa Maxwell seems to be doing okay, and she seems pretty fashion conscious and hardworking (can't tell with bubbly, though, but she doesn't strike me as reserved like, say, Anna Marie Maxwell). I guess it would depend on the guy. John, I think, will likely allow his wife to keep her personality. 

Samuel Turley married this woman on May 27, but I don’t know who she is or if she’s even fundie.

JTits and Injustice were his groomsmen.

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I had hoped that the few indications we have of what some might call friendship between the Bontragers and the Maxwells would lead to a courtship for Anna or Mary (Sarah being to old for them) but I guess not. Perhaps John or Jesse will go for Chelsy or Allison

I hope not. Hardcore fundie as the Bontragers are, they still seem a bit freer than the Maxwells. I wouldn't want Chelsy or Allison to be sucked that far into MaxHell, regardless of the fact that I find them both judgmental, holier-than-thou and ignorant at times. They both seem to have a spark that the Maxwells lack. 

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Slow down there, lol.  At the bottom of the post it states that it will not be a triple wedding, date and details forthcoming.  Since they had spent some time with the Maxwells I thought perhaps John was interested in one of the older sisters.  

Anyone know what the older sons do to support themselves?

I still hold out hopes that bride-2-be #3 decides that planning a separate wedding is too much work and she throws her proverbial bouquet into the communal wedding pot. A triple fundy wedding will be off the chain!!  They'd need to hire a panorama camera crew to fit the wedding party into the frame!!

The Bontrager boys seem to do lots of farm mechanic work, and their dairy & crop farm seems to be big enough that they on occasion have to hire outside help. the Bontragers seem to be pretty financial responsible & I can't see them letting them get hitched before they really can at least partway support themselves.   Plus, mutiple Bontragers have won serious cash prizes (up to $10,000) in the Bible Bees over the years. Some of these guys may honestly have a nest egg of over $20,000 in prize money put aside that can be a down payment.

My big question is how these 3 couples are going to land affordable housing in just a few months. It sounds incredibly hectic. The pickings for the Kalona Iowa area are pretty slim online, and not that cheap.

Maybe all 3 couples could go into together and put a down payment on this place: https://www.trulia.com/property/3254594113-1869-Highway-22-Kalona-IA-52247

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Chelsy describes herself on her blog as 'extremely stubborn and outspoken' and liking to be in charge. I expect fundie men find that off-putting.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived