IGNORED

Whitney and Zach Bates - Part 3

samurai_sarah

Would she be ziplining if pregnant? If she is not breastfeeding and pregnant now I think it is safe to assume they are spacing their children somehow.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, crazysnark said:

Would she be ziplining if pregnant? If she is not breastfeeding and pregnant now I think it is safe to assume they are spacing their children somehow.

Um, no. Kaci Lynn isn't even a year old yet. Most people don't have the superfertility of Michelle/JB and Kelly Jo/Gil. That's why they're famous even among all the other quiverfull families who definitely are purposefully spacing their children. Not being pregnant again when your child turns one definitely isn't a sign of preventing. Heck, Anna Duggar has never been pregnant at the one-year mark except with Mikey, and it's pretty obvious they aren't spacing their kids.

In sum: We can never be sure that a couple is purposefully spacing their kids unless they flat out tell us, but we absolutely can't be sure after only a year.

What's the point of wearing a skirt while ziplining if the harness just exaggerates the v even further

4 minutes ago, WhoompThereItIs said:

What's the point of wearing a skirt while ziplining if the harness just exaggerates the v even further

It's modest of course! If you are modest, you can do everything in a skirt. That's just the way it is. *Sarcasm* 

I have no idea. It makes no sense to me. 

9 hours ago, JillyO said:

Um, no. Kaci Lynn isn't even a year old yet. Most people don't have the superfertility of Michelle/JB and Kelly Jo/Gil. That's why they're famous even among all the other quiverfull families who definitely are purposefully spacing their children. Not being pregnant again when your child turns one definitely isn't a sign of preventing. Heck, Anna Duggar has never been pregnant at the one-year mark except with Mikey, and it's pretty obvious they aren't spacing their kids.

In sum: We can never be sure that a couple is purposefully spacing their kids unless they flat out tell us, but we absolutely can't be sure after only a year.

The only reason Anna, Priscilla, Zsu, and Esther can make it to the one year mark without being pregnant is because they breastfeed. Whitney has stated many times that she only breastfed for a month with both. I don't think that having unprotected sex for 6 months plus and getting pregnant is "super fertility" but just what is going to happen unless medical problems are there. I am not saying that they are for sure preventing that is just my educated guess haha. 

Many reasons exist as to why someone would only breastfeed for a month. For example, my cousin was actually losing weight when he was breastfed. When formula was introduced, he ended up growing and meeting weight milestones. At least, they are getting the colostrum as it provides a great concentration of antibodies. 

I believe breastfeeding didn't work out due to some challenges with supply maybe?  I think it's common for cycles to return fairly soon after breastfeeding would stop, so to go a year with no pregnancy is surprising to me.

3 hours ago, infooverload said:

I'm curious did she state why she only breast fed for a month?

Maybe she just didn't care for it.My son is friends with a married couple.When she had each child,starting with the first,she told the pediatrician she did not want to breastfeed,at all.The pediatrician said could she at least try for a month,that it would be better for the baby.

7 hours ago, crazysnark said:

The only reason Anna, Priscilla, Zsu, and Esther can make it to the one year mark without being pregnant is because they breastfeed. Whitney has stated many times that she only breastfed for a month with both. I don't think that having unprotected sex for 6 months plus and getting pregnant is "super fertility" but just what is going to happen unless medical problems are there. I am not saying that they are for sure preventing that is just my educated guess haha. 

Whitney not getting pregnant for 6 months really doesn't mean anything. It can take a normal healthy couple up to a year to get pregnant. That's why many, if not most, reproductive endocrinologists will not see a couple until they have been trying to get pregnant for a year with no success unless there is reason to believe there are problems (like if there is history of fertility issues in the family or if the couple is older). I think Michael also said around the time they hit their one year anniversary that they could now consider going to a doctor.

I believe the average woman having unprotected sex has a 20% chance of getting pregnant each month. This may be higher for woman who are actually properly charting their cycles (not just keeping track of their periods) but I personally doubt they're doing all that.

On that note, has anyone ever watched The Great Sperm Race? It might still be on YouTube, that's where I watched it. It's a very informative film and really highlights how NOT easy it is for most people to get pregnant.

I am more concerned about the kids being raised in an evil cult than if they were breast or bottle fed.

I asked more as a curiosity, not to be critical. After all from my understanding the quiverfull movement pushes for everything to be done the "old fashioned" way. Home births, home schooling, and I would think pressure to breast feed would be included in the movement. I am glad though she wasn't shamed or pressured by the family when breastfeeding didn't work out.

did anybody see Whitney's instagram stories from today? She has Kaci in a normal one-piece swimsuit, not modestywear. Not trying to open the whole clothes can of worms again, but I thought it was interesting because I can't recall if the other 2nd-gens have put their kids in normal swimwear or not.

I'll say it. It has a both a skirt and a big flower.  Surely that's fundie enough.  :special-snowflake1:

You're right it's a cute, normal toddler suit. 

6 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I'll say it. It has a both a skirt and a big flower.  Surely that's fundie enough.  :special-snowflake1:

If you look closely, it doesn't look like Whitney's wearing wholesome wear either TBH. Good for her, that stuff is hideous anyway and if they're at a private pool, who the hell cares anyway?!

I was wondering the same thing about Whitney's bathing suit in the Instagram post. I wouldn't be surprised if she wears a regular, one piece swimsuit.  I assume that they were swimming at her parents' pool, so there would be no need to cover up.

In that picture, you can see Whitneys naked legs reflected in the water. She's def not wearing modest wear. Good for her.

34 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Where is this picture of the pool? The last one I see is ziplining?

It was an instagram story. Don't think it's up anymore.

14 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

It was an instagram story. Don't think it's up anymore.

I saw it too. She is absolutely not in modest wear.  She is in a real life bathing suit with her legs--gasp--on view. 

On 11/6/2017 at 6:12 AM, Beyganengvall said:

did anybody see Whitney's instagram stories from today? She has Kaci in a normal one-piece swimsuit, not modestywear. Not trying to open the whole clothes can of worms again, but I thought it was interesting because I can't recall if the other 2nd-gens have put their kids in normal swimwear or not.

Allie Jane was pictured in a regular swimsuit when she was a baby. Alyssa is wearing swimsuits too.

Most of second generation fundies are dressing their kids in ordinary clothes, allowing sports and swimming and dancing. But the sad truth is that they aren't less radical in their beliefs. I think most of them were ashamed of wearing frumpers and hated the fact thet every funny experience was banned, so they are making changes with their own kids. I'm sure Michael kids will be modest dressed, because Michael was confortable in frumpers, but it is obvious that others weren't at all.

On 16/05/2017 at 3:25 AM, nausicaa said:

J(I know that Forrest actually reformed a lot on his opinions on race in his later years, but I'm willing to bet every dollar to my name that Gil and Kelly don't know that and were not putting up his portrait to memorialize his evolution. NBF = the Confederacy and the KKK in the minds of nearly everyone.)

I could actually see them using that as like a "See how good God is, he changed this man's racist heart to make him a God-fearing Southern patriot" type thing. And thus still managing to justify having his portrait in their home.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived