IGNORED

O'Reilly out at FOX!

47of74

5 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

OMG, I remember that! :pb_eek:

Just in case you wanted to watch it again.  *ducks and runs away*

I somehow missed the original broadcast, which is really bizarre, as I was that kid who had a meltdown in the toy aisle when mom refused to buy me a lightsaber after Star Wars came out. 

Anyhoo, I finally watched the holiday special few years back. Hell's bells, they had some big name guest stars on that piece of crap! Was everyone being blackmailed or something? 

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Just in case you wanted to watch it again.  *ducks and runs away*

I somehow missed the original broadcast, which is really bizarre, as I was that kid who had a meltdown in the toy aisle when mom refused to buy me a lightsaber after Star Wars came out. 

Anyhoo, I finally watched the holiday special few years back. Hell's bells, they had some big name guest stars on that piece of crap! Was everyone being blackmailed or something? 

Ah, yes. The olden days. Well, there is truly no excuse for that but back then Star Wars was the biggest thing since sliced bread. We couldn't get enough of it, but remember, we also couldn't get it again. Once it left the theater, it was nowhere. No tape of it, Netflix, HBO, online, nope, nada. None of those things existed in 1977. Well, maybe HBO but not many people had access to that. So this crap was the only way to get your Star Wars fix. SAD. BIGLY.

2 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

Ah, yes. The olden days. Well, there is truly no excuse for that but back then Star Wars was the biggest thing since sliced bread. We couldn't get enough of it, but remember, we also couldn't get it again. Once it left the theater, it was nowhere. No tape of it, Netflix, HBO, online, nope, nada. None of those things existed in 1977. Well, maybe HBO but not many people had access to that. So this crap was the only way to get your Star Wars fix. SAD. BIGLY.

It was definitely an interesting time to be alive! :pb_lol:

6 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

It was definitely an interesting time to be alive! :pb_lol:

Jimmy Carter was president. I think I'm going to cry.

"Bill O’Reilly May Wind Up at Sinclair Broadcasting"

Spoiler

Bill O'Reilly, the former Fox News anchor, has been negotiating for a position with the Sinclair Broadcast Group, the nation's largest television-station owner, according to two sources familiar with the talks.

Sinclair, known for its conservative commentary, is continuing with the talks despite the sexual harassment cases that cost O'Reilly his job at Fox this year, the sources said. Last week, The New York Times reported that O’Reilly had settled a $32 million sexual harassment claim against him by a former legal analyst, Lis Wiehl. The sources said the news does not appear to have sidelined the talks.

"They took a pause but it didn't really change anything for them," one of the sources said.

O’Reilly has said the Times article was designed to hurt him in the marketplace. He told The Times that the report was “politically and financially motivated.”

One of the sources said Dave Smith, the executive chairman of Sinclair, was introduced to O’Reilly after O'Reilly left Fox in April. A month later, Sinclair denied reports that it was pursuing O’Reilly.

The company did not initially return calls from NBC News about the latest round of talks, but after this article was first published, a spokeswoman denied that Sinclair was in discussions with O'Reilly.

Nonetheless, one of the sources, who is close to O’Reilly, said on Tuesday that the two sides were "about midway" through negotiations. A second source explained that Sinclair is considering putting O’Reilly on its local stations.

Sinclair currently owns or operates 173 U.S. television stations. In May, the company reached a deal to pay $3.9 billion for Tribune Media, and if the deal is approved by regulators, the company would control more than 220 stations.

Many of Tribune's stations are Fox affiliates. It is unclear how Fox would feel about O'Reilly appearing on its affiliated stations.

“What you are going to see is a syndicated show, not a news channel,” said a source familiar with talks, “I know they’ve been talking about doing something in syndication and something that could air on WGN,” Tribune's flagship station.

The source said Sinclair is considering a two-hour block for O'Reilly, possibly beginning at 6 or 7 p.m.

"They want to do something anti-CNN, anti-MSNBC," the source said, referring to Sinclair's conservative political bent. Sinclair has faced criticism for telling local news managers that they must run segments featuring the Republican political analyst Boris Epshteyn, a former staff member in the Trump White House.

It's sad that any media company is considering putting this creep back on the air. I can't stand Sinclair, they are worse than Faux.

This is an interesting analysis. It's far too long to post everything, and there is color-coding. It's worth a read. No network has interviewed Trump more than Fox. Here’s what they’ve asked him." The article begins:

CBS’s Mark Knoller crunched the numbers. After President Trump’s interview with Lou Dobbs on the Fox Business Network on Wednesday, Trump has now participated in interviews with Fox News Channel or affiliated networks 18 times — out of 26 television interviews in total. Combined, Trump has granted five interviews to NBC, MSNBC, ABC and CBS, in total. He has given three to the Christian Broadcasting Network and Trinity Broadcasting Network. And he has given zero to CNN.

... < chart >

Why? Perhaps the interview with Dobbs can offer some insight. Here, in order, was what Dobbs said to Trump over one stretch of the interview, according to a Fox News transcript.

• You’re also one of the most loved and respected — in history.  And how does that feel?  How — where is Donald Trump today, as you are just now beginning your presidency?
  • Without question —
  • Right.
  • Right.
  • Right.
  • Yes. And —
  • Yes.
  • Well — I — you — you are a, if I may say, everything as advertised as you ran for president. And appreciate everything you’re doing. Thanks so much.

Over the course of the interview, during which Dobbs was quoted by Fox 68 times, Dobbs said “right” in response to the president 16 times. A quarter of his responses. Not the hardest-hitting stuff.

Interviewers from Fox News, Christian Broadcasting Network and more went easy on the president with statements like this: "Mr. President, I am so glad to see you. I'm so proud of everything you're doing." (Meg Kelly/The Washington Post)

To be fair, there have been interviews in which Fox hosts have held Trump’s feet to the fire. (See Tucker Carlson’s interview from March.) More often, though, Trump is not playing softball so much as teeball — see the two interviews he has done with Sean Hannity.

As in: See them below. We’ve taken official Fox transcripts and stripped out Trump’s replies. Skim through to get a sense of the exchanges Trump has had with interviews from the Fox News family. To make that skimming easier, we’ve color-coded the replies. Yellow responses are those we think were critical or challenging to Trump; baby-blue ones are those that agreed with or praised him. We didn’t even color-code the teeball questions. We trust you’ll recognize those without a prompt.

These are in chronological order, so it ends with that Dobbs interview this week. It ends, in other words, with “Mr. President, thank you.”

Oh dear.  I started typing an 'f' in my browser to come to FJ and not paying attention I went to FoxSpews.  Now I am the one who feels like spewing. Big mistake. You see apparently Muller is under pressure to resign because  you know Hillary. Hillary started the whole Russia 'hoax' at least so says Newt. Every once in a blue moon I'll go to that site to see what the other side is doing.  Every time I do I remember why I can't read there. It messes with my tachycardia.  Happy place. Happy place. Ommmmm Ommmmm.

Are there really ligt calls for Muller to step down or is it just right wing BS? 

What a Freudian slip! 

It seems even at Faux, they wish that Hillary had won.  
It's either that, or they are wishing they live in the past, when Bill was in the WH.   :my_biggrin:

On 10/27/2017 at 2:28 AM, fraurosena said:

:evil-laugh:

But wait!  The mainstream media has been lying to America all day long!  Only Hannity will tell you this!

Mueller is pathetic, and there is no evidence of collusion.  Manafort and the other guy will never get a jury of their peers, since the District of Columbia voted overwhelmingly for Clinton.  Democrats aren't the peers of Manafort!  Hannity never heard of Papadopoulos until today, and Hannity knows everyone connected to Trump, so P must not matter.

Only six minutes into the hour, and Hannity has brought up the uranium thing again.

Mueller is distracting America from the "real" Russia collusion --> Hillary and Putin

Lots of chatter about Tony Podesta, who was at Hillary's birthday party this past weekend. 

Gregg Jarrett (Fox News guy) came up with a huuuuuuge list of offenses that Hillary should be charged with.  And the FBI knew all of this, and at the time the head of the FBI was (...wait for it...) Mueller!  "It's beyond incestuous!"

Jay Sekulow (head of the ACLJ/Trump's lawyer) stopped by.  Surprisingly, Sekulow also doesn't know who Papadopoulos is!

Newt Gingrich thinks that Papadopoulos clearly lied, but he only gave the FBI the wrong date -- that's it, the wrong date.  Blah blah blah about Obama, Putin, Hillary, and "loony toon liberals."  Mueller has to start going after all the stuff that was covered up when he was the head of the FBI.

Sebastian Gorka also stops by, but he has to share his segment with Gregg Jarrett.  Neither has anything substantial to offer.

One-point-nine million was made over the weekend in 74 movie theaters and a 90% rating on Rotten Tomatoes for that sappy Christian movie that Hannity executive produced (though IMDB says the movie only earned 1.7 million, and as of 10PM EST, Rotten Tomatoes gave the movie an 86%, but hey, he was close to the truth, right?).

20 minutes ago, JMarie said:

But wait!  The mainstream media has been lying to America all day long!  Only Hannity will tell you this!

What, no Kellywise? Oh, that's right, tomorrow is Halloween. She's probably scoping out sewers.

Thanks, as always, @JMarie, for taking one for the team.

Gotta love how the smoke is starting to fill the room and Faux is essentially going there isn't any smoke at all. If they do acknowledge smoke they say it is coming from a group of smokers outside. Those same outside smokers are the ones to blame for the smoke filling the room. Not the grease fire in the kitchen.

'I want to quit': Fox News employees say their network's Russia coverage was 'an embarrassment'

Some employees at Fox News were left embarrassed and humiliated by their network's coverage of the latest revelations in special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian election meddling, according to conversations CNN had with several individuals placed throughout the network.

"I'm watching now and screaming," one Fox News personality said in a text message to CNN as the person watched their network's coverage. "I want to quit."

"It is another blow to journalists at Fox who come in every day wanting to cover the news in a fair and objective way," one senior Fox News employee told CNN of their outlet's coverage, adding that there were "many eye rolls" in the newsroom over how the news was covered.

The person said, "Fox feels like an extension of the Trump White House."

The employees spoke to CNN on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter. A Fox News spokesperson told CNN the network covered the breaking news accurately and fairly across both news and opinion programming.

On Monday, it was revealed that President Trump's former campaign manager Paul Manafort and another associate Rick Gates had been indicted by a grand jury on 12 counts, including conspiracy against the United States. Unsealed court records also revealed that another Trump associate, George Papadopoulos, had pleaded guilty to making a false statement to the FBI weeks ago.

The revelations jolted through the news media, and Fox News -- the highest rated network in the country -- did cover it as its top story. But in contrast with CNN and MSNBC, which aired non-stop rolling coverage throughout the day, Fox News found plenty of time to cover other topics, like the NFL protests, North Korea, and tax reform.

Additionally, Fox News aired segments that questioned Mueller's credibility and many were framed around how Trump and his allies were responding to the news. On Fox News' homepage, the lead story at one point was focused on Trump slamming the indictment. Another lead story cited Manafort's lawyer, and asked, "Mueller's 'ridiculous' claims?"

"This kind of coverage does the viewer a huge disservice and further divides the country," one Fox News personality told CNN.

Fox News journalists took significant issue with their network's opinion hosts, who deflected from the news and, in Sean Hannity's case, characterized Mueller's investigation as a "witch hunt," a term Trump used on Sunday in a angry tweet to describe the probe.

"That segment on Outnumbered [questioning Mueller's integrity] was absurd and deserves all the scorn it can get," a Fox News employee told CNN, referring to the network's noontime talk show.

The person added that it was "laughable seeing Hannity and [Laura] Ingraham," two Fox News opinion hosts who are openly supportive of Trump, "tripping over themselves saying [Mueller's team has] found nothing thus far."

"It's an embarrassment," another Fox News employee echoed to CNN. "Frankly, there are shows on our network that are backing the President at all costs, and it's that short term strategy that undermines the good work being done by others."

Yeah... well, you should quit then. I dare you.

The NYT has an excellent analysis of the differences in coverage of the Russia investigation between CNN, MSNBC, and Fox. I can't quote, because the graphics are too integral, but it's an interesting read. "Trump Loves ‘Fox & Friends.’ Here’s Why"

@AmazonGrace -- interesting. Of course, I think O'Reilly is too liberal for Sinclair. I can't stand them, but it seems that they are smart enough to stay away from ole Billy boy.

8 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The NYT has an excellent analysis of the differences in coverage of the Russia investigation between CNN, MSNBC, and Fox. I can't quote, because the graphics are too integral, but it's an interesting read. "Trump Loves ‘Fox & Friends.’ Here’s Why"

Are you trying to tell me Manafort is more important than an emoji cheeseburger crisis?

Hold on, I found out what this emoji crisis is all about.  Seems as though the cheeseburger emoji available on Google has the cheese underneath the burger (but lettuce on top), while Apple's version has the cheese on top of the burger (but lettuce underneath).  Everyone knows that all the toppings belong on top of the burger, or else they'd be called underneathings.  Wow!  I'm surprised Fox News devoted so little airtime to this very important crisis!

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/30/technology/google-cheeseburger-emoji/index.html

http://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-accused-censoring-criticism-trump-after-pulling-ad-calling-presidents-701998

Fox News has pulled an ad by San Francisco billionaire Tom Steyer calling for President Donald Trump to be impeached, prompting questions about the motivation for Fox's decision.

The ads having been running across the U.S. for two weeks, and Steyer bought a second week of advertising in a prime time Fox News slot on October 27 as part of the $11 million ad buy.

In a statement Friday, Steyer said Fox News had stopped running the advert, which accuses Trump of obstructing justice and bringing the world to the brink of nuclear conflict. 

The decision to pull the advert followed President Trump, a regular Fox News viewer, criticizing Steyer on Twitter on Oct. 27, describing him as “wacky & unhinged."

Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump

Wacky & totally unhinged Tom Steyer, who has been fighting me and my Make America Great Again agenda from beginning, never wins elections!

5:58 AM - Oct 27, 2017

Fox News confirmed it had pulled the ad. “Due to the strong negative reaction to their ad by our viewers, we could not in good conscience take their money,” the channel’s co-president Jack Abernethy said.

Steyer, a Democrat donor and environmentalist, accused Fox of buckling to pressure from the president.

“If Fox News is siding with Trump and trying to silence us, they must be afraid of what we have to say,” Steyer said in a statement. “It shows no respect for democracy.”

Steyer’s lawyers also accused Fox of breaching contract and failing to notify them of the decision to pull the ad, which was taken off air on the Fox News channel Tuesday but is still running on other Fox network channels.

“The only plausible explanation seems to be that Fox News capitulated to political pressure from the Trump administration itself,” his lawyers write. “President Trump has threatened retaliation against broadcasters who provide him with negative coverage, and Fox News appears to have answered these threats with servility.”

The advert urges supporters to sign a petition calling for Trump's impeachment. At the time of publishing, 1.4 million people have signed it. 

And this is the "offensive" commercial

"By the way, those results in Virginia, New Jersey, New York, by the way, not states that Donald Trump won."

^^^Hannity's opening sentence tonight.  Not his monologue, that'll come later after he talks to Sebastian Gorka then switch over to coverage of Trump in Asia.  So it's not worth wasting energy to talk about Democrats who voted for Democrats.

Good job being fair and balanced.

@JMarie -- why does that not surprise me? I bet Hannity is sad that the TT's little trip to the DMZ had to be cancelled, so he couldn't show video of the TT staring across into North Korea.

16 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

@JMarie -- why does that not surprise me? I bet Hannity is sad that the TT's little trip to the DMZ had to be cancelled, so he couldn't show video of the TT staring across into North Korea.

I first read this as "show the video of the TT starting across into NK".  I thought cool, they can keep him.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived