IGNORED

O'Reilly out at FOX!

47of74

15 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Fox News has a new hire:

@JMarie, aren't you excited about Gorka getting hired? :kitty-wink:

Well, he seems to pop up on Hannity's show regularly, so I guess it was a natural progression.  I assume many Former Employees of Trump will be getting (at least short-term) jobs at Fox News.  They'll fit in nicely there.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw an promo on Twitter for Hannity's show tonight. Looks like it's another hour devoted to Hillary Clinton's evil shenanigans. I swear when she dies, they'll steal her corpse and keep it in a storage closet at Fox. :dead-horse:

33 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I saw an promo on Twitter for Hannity's show tonight. Looks like it's another hour devoted to Hillary Clinton's evil shenanigans. I swear when she dies, they'll steal her corpse and keep it in a storage closet at Fox. :dead-horse:

She should move to a foreign country, so we can watch the idiot Repugs try to extradite her, after which the government of that country will yell "FOR WHAT?"

Hannity thinks it's disgusting that the media is jumping all over Roy Moore.  He rambled on about Richard Jewell, who was a suspect in the Atlanta Olympics bombing, and the Duke lacrosse players falsely accused of rape.  He claims the mainstream media treats victims shamefully (even Monica Lewinsky's treatment "was beyond shameful" -- really?  he's sticking up for Monica??).  Look at how many scandals have been in the news recently:  Ben Affleck, Dustin Hoffman, Kevin Spacey, Roman Polanski, Harvey Weinstein, Louis C. K. (Hannity hates Louis C. K.!).  Oh, and Hannity already spent today's two hour radio program talking about Moore.

Of course, no mention of Trump's accusers.

A bunch of people stopped by, but nobody had anything interesting or unique to say.  Gregg Jarrett (Fox News guy), Geraldo Rivera, some legal expert wearing a dress that shows off her countenance, and Sebastian Gorka.

A plain-looking Jessica Tarlov (a Democrat! Fox News contributor) has to share time with glammed-up Tomi Lahren, arguing about Donna Brazile.  Tomi hasn't been at Fox News very long, but she's perfected her "I'm trying to look interested by slightly tilting my head, like Megyn Kelly used to do" look.  Hannity crushed Tarlov, who's probably wondering why she accepted the contributor gig.

He showed some footage from last year's election night (he called it a "modern miracle").  Stuff isn't getting done because Congress isn't doing their job.  "Spineless" Republicans who don't agree with Trump should leave and let better Republicans have their jobs.

No mention of uranium!

His movie is "taking the country by storm" is going to be added to even more theaters.  

I hate that autocorrect wants to change Hannity to Humanity.  On the other hand, maybe autocorrect is on to something....

23 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Hannity thinks it's disgusting that the media is jumping all over Roy Moore.  He rambled on about Richard Jewell, who was a suspect in the Atlanta Olympics bombing, and the Duke lacrosse players falsely accused of rape.  He claims the mainstream media treats victims shamefully (even Monica Lewinsky's treatment "was beyond shameful" -- really?  he's sticking up for Monica??).  Look at how many scandals have been in the news recently:  Ben Affleck, Dustin Hoffman, Kevin Spacey, Roman Polanski, Harvey Weinstein, Louis C. K. (Hannity hates Louis C. K.!).  Oh, and Hannity already spent today's two hour radio program talking about Moore.

How can he stand up for victims and shame them all at the same time? How can he claim the ebil media treats victims shamefully when that is exactly what he is doing? Sooo Monica was a victim but the woman at the center of Moore abuse is not. Bill Clinton was the perp and Moore is a victim?

I get it.  When a liberal/Hollywood/elite is accused the story is true. When one of his fellow Rethugs is involved he is pure as the driven snow.

:dontgetit:

27 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

How can he stand up for victims and shame them all at the same time? How can he claim the ebil media treats victims shamefully when that is exactly what he is doing? Sooo Monica was a victim but the woman at the center of Moore abuse is not. Bill Clinton was the perp and Moore is a victim?

I get it.  When a liberal/Hollywood/elite is accused the story is true. When one of his fellow Rethugs is involved he is pure as the driven snow.

:dontgetit:

That magic carpet they're all flying around on is getting pretty threadbare. If there's a big fall it's going to be butcher knives and chainsaws with all of these fluffers. The female backstabbing and ball-racking will make Retchin' look like a grateful former employee. And the men...they'll be dragging people out of closets, throwing anybody near the curb under the bus and literally riping toupees off of heads. Now that I would watch!

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Sadly, I think after Hillary passes, Hannity will go after Obama, at least until someone dumps a bucket of water on Hannity and he melts, just like the Wicked Witch of the West.

News flash:  Hannity said something sensible!

:huh:

He thinks the December election should be postponed until all the facts about Moore are known ("for the fairness of the people of Alabama").  Several minutes were devoted to playing Hannity's interview with Moore from today's radio show.

He also thinks that everyone is rushing to judgment, like they always do.  Gregg Jarrett (Fox News guy) thinks Moore is unqualified to be a senator based on his judicial career.  The female trial attorney kept stressing how four women, who didn't know each other, have come forward and how could they make up the same story?  Hannity quickly cut to a commercial break.

It wasn't an especially exciting hour, so I stuck around for Laura Ingraham's show.

During her radio show today (do they ALL have radio shows??), she asked Alabama listeners if they were still voting for Moore.  Here's what some of them said.

• I'm definitely still voting for Roy Moore... it's a hit piece
  • Roy Moore will win by an even larger margin now
  • Being attacked by the Washington post is the equivalent of being endorsed by Donald Trump
  • We would rather vote for a man that has allegations against him that certainly come from a dubious source
  • We're not stupid, we see what's going on.  They did the same thing to Donald Trump 30 days before the election

Ingraham said she didn't get a single caller who said they wouldn't vote for Moore.  She also thinks the timing of the allegations, and that the Washington Post is the news source responsible for the information, is a bit suspect.  Plus, Democrats also do lots of bad stuff, and nothing ever happens to them.

A former Alabama Supreme Court judge says Alabamans are suspicious of anything from Washington, and will probably still vote for Moore.  The co-founder of some right wing group doesn't think that Washington should be involved, since it's the residents of Alabama who will be voting.  The Alabama Secretary of State is also suspicious of the timing of the allegations.  The AL SoS said that if Moore disqualifies himself, or if the state party rescinds their nomination and endorsement of him, the election would be null and void, and Luther Strange would continue to serve as senator until another election could be held.  Maybe Strange could be elected, which would make Trump happy but Bannon mad!

Late night talk show hosts aren't going after Louis C. K. the same way they're attacking conservatives.  So unfair!  Some rambling about Trump's Asia trip follows.

Ingraham is less paranoid but as equally boring as Hannity, and neither mentioned allegations made against Trump.  I don't know how anyone could stomach the whole Fox News prime time lineup (Tucker Carlson, Hannity, and Ingraham).  I know I sure couldn't!

On 11/9/2017 at 11:46 PM, GrumpyGran said:

.... Now that I would watch!

Me too! I'm ready!  :popcorn::margarita: ( WiseGirl whispers to herself Let it be soon, let it be soon....as she clicks her ruby slippers together....)

Ha-ha! 

Advertisers distance themselves from Hannity after Moore coverage

Two companies have said they will no longer advertise during Fox News’s “Hannity” after critics called for the companies to pull their ads over Sean Hannity’s coverage of the sexual misconduct allegations against Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore (R).

Realtor.com and Keurig both said they are stopping their ads from airing during the show after being questioned about the advertisements on Twitter. Neither company specifically said their decision was over Moore coverage, but only made the announcement in response to critics.

“Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are adjusting our media buy to no longer include this show placement. –MS,” Realtor.com wrote to a Twitter user on Friday who tweeted a clip of Hannity’s Fox News show at the company.

Keurig said in a tweet to the president of liberal group Media Matters for America that the company is stopping its ad during Hannity’s show.

“Angelo, thank you for your concern and for bringing this to our attention,” the Keurig account wrote to Angelo Carusone. “We worked with our media partner and FOX news to stop our ad from airing during the Sean Hannity Show.” 

Another company, Eloquii, said Hannity is blocked from its advertising list, but did not specify on what medium.

Media Matters has for months tried to put pressure on Hannity’s advertisers. In May the group published a list of the Fox News host's advertisers on its website. 

The latest push comes after Hannity during his Thursday night show urged viewers not to rush to judgment regarding the allegations against Moore.

“Every single person in this country deserves the presumption of innocence,” Hannity said. “With the allegations against Judge Moore, none of us know the truth of what happened 38 years ago. The only people that would know are the people involved in this incident.”

Hannity also said Moore should drop out of the race if the allegations against him are true.

“If it’s true he should step aside and leave the Senate race,” Hannity said.

Hannity then interviewed Moore on Friday during his radio show, which is nationally syndicated.

Moore in the interview denied accusations leveled against him by a woman who said he initiated sexual contact with her when she was 14 and he was 32. The Washington Post reported the allegation and also included accounts from three other women who said Moore attempted to court them around the same time period, when they were between 16 and 18 years old.

So voicing your concerns to advertisers really does pay off! Keep it up, and you'll be defunding Faux News bit by bit, by bit, until there's nothing left. They'll either change their way of reporting or go bust. Either way, the Repugliklans will lose their biggest propaganda machine.

13 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Ha-ha! 

Advertisers distance themselves from Hannity after Moore coverage

So voicing your concerns to advertisers really does pay off! Keep it up, and you'll be defunding Faux News bit by bit, by bit, until there's nothing left. They'll either change their way of reporting or go bust. Either way, the Repugliklans will lose their biggest propaganda machine.

Yeah, I was just coming here to remark on how this idiot and southbound end of a northbound horse has become radioactive to some advertisers.  I have a bone to pick with Keurig though for advertising on Faux News in the first place. 

I'm afraid to say her name because just like Rumpelstiltskin she will appear, but what has Anne you know who been up to?   

"Sean Hannity’s fans call for Keurig boycott after coffeemaker company pulls ads from his show"

Spoiler

Five companies, including the coffeemaker company Keurig, said they will not be advertising on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show following a wave of criticism over the conservative host’s coverage of sexual misconduct allegations against Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore of Alabama.

In protest, Hannity fans are calling for a boycott of Keurig products and  the smashing of Keurig coffee pod machines. The hashtags #BoycottKeurig and #IStandWithHannity quickly emerged on Twitter.

In addition to Keurig, four other advertisers confirmed on Twitter over the weekend that they will not be running TV ads on the “Hannity” show: Realtor.com, a real estate listings website; Eloquii, a plus size women’s clothing company; 23 and Me, a DNA genetic testing company; and Nature’s Bounty, a vitamin manufacturer.

Although sponsors did not explain the reasoning behind the decision to stop advertising on the show, they tweeted the announcements after critics bashed Hannity for appearing to defend Moore and question the authenticity of accusations made against him.

Keurig confirmed the move Sunday in response to a tweet from Angelo Carusone, president of left-leaning media watchdog Media Matters. He had asked the company to reconsider its sponsorship of Hannity’s show.

“He defends child molester Roy Moore and attacks women who speak out against sexual harassment,” Carusone tweeted.

In response, Keurig thanked Carusone for raising the issue and said: “We worked with our media partner and FOX news to stop our ad from airing during the Sean Hannity Show.”

Realtor.com tweeted Saturday: “While we continually strategize on where we advertise on and offline, we are not currently, and will not be running TV ads on Hannity.” But the tweet was removed by early Monday morning.

... < tweets from advertisers who are abandoning Hannity >

Moore was elected chief justice of Alabama’s Supreme Court in 2000 and again in 2012. Both times he was dismissed or suspended for ignoring court orders. In one case, he refused to remove a 5,280 pound granite Ten Commandments monument he had installed in the judicial building. In the other case, he instructed probate judges to not to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, despite a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that legalized same-sex marriage.

On Thursday, The Washington Post published a story about Leigh Corfman, who said Moore initiated sexual contact with her when she was 14 and he was a 32-year-old assistant district attorney in Alabama. She told The Post that Moore took her to his house and touched her sexually. Three other women interviewed by The Post said Moore pursued them when they were between the ages of 16 and 18 and he was in his early 30s.

Following the report, Hannity came under fire for appearing to agree with a producer on his show who suggested the encounters were “consensual.”

Speaking on his radio show Thursday to executive producer Lynda McLaughlin, Hannity asked how one could “possibly tell, know the truth.”

“He was apparently, like, 32, and he dated — one girl was 18, one girl was 17. They never said he did — there was no sexual — there was kissing involved, and then they’re saying this one encounter with a 14-year-old …”

“And it was consensual,” McLaughlin interjected.

“And consensual, that’s true,” Hannity responded. “And there’s — I just — I don’t know how you find out the truth.”

Critics said Hannity had implied that a 14-year-old could give consent to sexual contact. But Hannity later apologized on Twitter, saying he “misspoke” and was “not totally clear” in the exchange. He said in his Thursday night broadcast that if the accusations are true, Moore should step down from the Senate race. He said the allegations, if proven true, are “beyond disgusting, beyond shameful.”

But he went on to say that “every single person in this country deserves the presumption of innocence.”

“With the allegations against Judge Moore, none of us knows the truth of what happened 38 years ago,” he said. “The only people that would know that are the people involved in this incident.”

Speaking on Hannity’s radio show Friday, Moore declined to rule out that he may have dated girls in their late teens when he was in his 30s, though he said he did not remember any such encounters and described such behavior as inappropriate.

“If I did, I’m not going to dispute these things, but I don’t remember anything like that,” Moore said, when asked whether he had dated 17- or 18-year-old girls at the time.

In the same interview, Moore denied the allegation that he had initiated sexual encounters with Corfman when she was 14. “I don’t know Ms. Corfman from anybody,” he said. “The allegations of sexual misconduct with her are completely false.”

Over the weekend, Hannity fans posted videos destroying their Keurig coffee machines and encouraging others to do the same. One smashed a Keurig coffeemaker with a golf club, another pounded one with a hammer, and another dropped a Keurig from a second-story balcony, watching it shatter on the cement below while saying, “Hope you’re happy, Keurig.”

Hannity shared the videos and commended his “deplorable friends.”

“Thank you and Game on!” he tweeted on Sunday.

One coffee company, Black Rifle Coffee, appeared to reap the benefits of the boycott, as Hannity and his fans directed followers to purchase its coffee instead of Keurig’s K-cups.

Others supported the move by Keurig, and some mocked Hannity supporters for throwing out costly machines they had already purchased.

... < more tweets >

This is not the first time Media Matters has pressed companies to pull advertising from Hannity’s Fox News show. In May, the liberal media site published a list of Hannity’s sponsors, a move many interpreted as a call to cut ties with the show, after he came under fire for promoting a conspiratorial account of the killing of former Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich.

Hannity had propagated a widely discredited theory that Rich was shot and killed because he had supplied DNC emails to WikiLeaks. District police say Rich died in a botched robbery near his home in Northwest Washington last year. The automotive classified site Cars.com and several other companies subsequently pulled advertising from Hannity’s show.

Previous boycotts of Fox News shows have proved devastating to hosts: Dozens of companies pulled their ads from Bill O’Reilly’s show on Fox News after the New York Times revealed in April that Fox and O’Reilly had agreed to a series of secret settlements over harassment allegations.

The ads were rescheduled to other Fox broadcasts. But the sponsors seemed unlikely to return to “The O’Reilly Factor,” the family of Ruper Murdoch, which controls Fox and 21st Century Fox, concluded. The Murdochs decided that if new accusations emerged, the ongoing publicity would make O’Reilly “untenable in advertisers’ eyes,” The Post’s Paul Farhi reported. Fox News swiftly ended its association with O’Reilly three weeks after the sexual harassment against him were revealed.

“In the end, even though O’Reilly’s audience remained loyal, there was no assurance that sponsors would be,” The Post’s Paul Farhi wrote.

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"Sean Hannity’s fans call for Keurig boycott after coffeemaker company pulls ads from his show"

Reveal hidden contents

Five companies, including the coffeemaker company Keurig, said they will not be advertising on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show following a wave of criticism over the conservative host’s coverage of sexual misconduct allegations against Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore of Alabama.

In protest, Hannity fans are calling for a boycott of Keurig products and  the smashing of Keurig coffee pod machines. The hashtags #BoycottKeurig and #IStandWithHannity quickly emerged on Twitter.

In addition to Keurig, four other advertisers confirmed on Twitter over the weekend that they will not be running TV ads on the “Hannity” show: Realtor.com, a real estate listings website; Eloquii, a plus size women’s clothing company; 23 and Me, a DNA genetic testing company; and Nature’s Bounty, a vitamin manufacturer.

Although sponsors did not explain the reasoning behind the decision to stop advertising on the show, they tweeted the announcements after critics bashed Hannity for appearing to defend Moore and question the authenticity of accusations made against him.

Keurig confirmed the move Sunday in response to a tweet from Angelo Carusone, president of left-leaning media watchdog Media Matters. He had asked the company to reconsider its sponsorship of Hannity’s show.

“He defends child molester Roy Moore and attacks women who speak out against sexual harassment,” Carusone tweeted.

In response, Keurig thanked Carusone for raising the issue and said: “We worked with our media partner and FOX news to stop our ad from airing during the Sean Hannity Show.”

Realtor.com tweeted Saturday: “While we continually strategize on where we advertise on and offline, we are not currently, and will not be running TV ads on Hannity.” But the tweet was removed by early Monday morning.

... < tweets from advertisers who are abandoning Hannity >

Moore was elected chief justice of Alabama’s Supreme Court in 2000 and again in 2012. Both times he was dismissed or suspended for ignoring court orders. In one case, he refused to remove a 5,280 pound granite Ten Commandments monument he had installed in the judicial building. In the other case, he instructed probate judges to not to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, despite a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that legalized same-sex marriage.

On Thursday, The Washington Post published a story about Leigh Corfman, who said Moore initiated sexual contact with her when she was 14 and he was a 32-year-old assistant district attorney in Alabama. She told The Post that Moore took her to his house and touched her sexually. Three other women interviewed by The Post said Moore pursued them when they were between the ages of 16 and 18 and he was in his early 30s.

Following the report, Hannity came under fire for appearing to agree with a producer on his show who suggested the encounters were “consensual.”

Speaking on his radio show Thursday to executive producer Lynda McLaughlin, Hannity asked how one could “possibly tell, know the truth.”

“He was apparently, like, 32, and he dated — one girl was 18, one girl was 17. They never said he did — there was no sexual — there was kissing involved, and then they’re saying this one encounter with a 14-year-old …”

“And it was consensual,” McLaughlin interjected.

“And consensual, that’s true,” Hannity responded. “And there’s — I just — I don’t know how you find out the truth.”

Critics said Hannity had implied that a 14-year-old could give consent to sexual contact. But Hannity later apologized on Twitter, saying he “misspoke” and was “not totally clear” in the exchange. He said in his Thursday night broadcast that if the accusations are true, Moore should step down from the Senate race. He said the allegations, if proven true, are “beyond disgusting, beyond shameful.”

But he went on to say that “every single person in this country deserves the presumption of innocence.”

“With the allegations against Judge Moore, none of us knows the truth of what happened 38 years ago,” he said. “The only people that would know that are the people involved in this incident.”

Speaking on Hannity’s radio show Friday, Moore declined to rule out that he may have dated girls in their late teens when he was in his 30s, though he said he did not remember any such encounters and described such behavior as inappropriate.

“If I did, I’m not going to dispute these things, but I don’t remember anything like that,” Moore said, when asked whether he had dated 17- or 18-year-old girls at the time.

In the same interview, Moore denied the allegation that he had initiated sexual encounters with Corfman when she was 14. “I don’t know Ms. Corfman from anybody,” he said. “The allegations of sexual misconduct with her are completely false.”

Over the weekend, Hannity fans posted videos destroying their Keurig coffee machines and encouraging others to do the same. One smashed a Keurig coffeemaker with a golf club, another pounded one with a hammer, and another dropped a Keurig from a second-story balcony, watching it shatter on the cement below while saying, “Hope you’re happy, Keurig.”

Hannity shared the videos and commended his “deplorable friends.”

“Thank you and Game on!” he tweeted on Sunday.

One coffee company, Black Rifle Coffee, appeared to reap the benefits of the boycott, as Hannity and his fans directed followers to purchase its coffee instead of Keurig’s K-cups.

Others supported the move by Keurig, and some mocked Hannity supporters for throwing out costly machines they had already purchased.

... < more tweets >

This is not the first time Media Matters has pressed companies to pull advertising from Hannity’s Fox News show. In May, the liberal media site published a list of Hannity’s sponsors, a move many interpreted as a call to cut ties with the show, after he came under fire for promoting a conspiratorial account of the killing of former Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich.

Hannity had propagated a widely discredited theory that Rich was shot and killed because he had supplied DNC emails to WikiLeaks. District police say Rich died in a botched robbery near his home in Northwest Washington last year. The automotive classified site Cars.com and several other companies subsequently pulled advertising from Hannity’s show.

Previous boycotts of Fox News shows have proved devastating to hosts: Dozens of companies pulled their ads from Bill O’Reilly’s show on Fox News after the New York Times revealed in April that Fox and O’Reilly had agreed to a series of secret settlements over harassment allegations.

The ads were rescheduled to other Fox broadcasts. But the sponsors seemed unlikely to return to “The O’Reilly Factor,” the family of Ruper Murdoch, which controls Fox and 21st Century Fox, concluded. The Murdochs decided that if new accusations emerged, the ongoing publicity would make O’Reilly “untenable in advertisers’ eyes,” The Post’s Paul Farhi reported. Fox News swiftly ended its association with O’Reilly three weeks after the sexual harassment against him were revealed.

“In the end, even though O’Reilly’s audience remained loyal, there was no assurance that sponsors would be,” The Post’s Paul Farhi wrote.

Yeah, I'm sure Keurig is really worried about all 30 of you destroying your machines. That you've already paid for. Will you be getting another one for Christmas? Because, let's face it, you don't know how to make coffee any other way. Still boycotting the NFL? I bet not, especially if your team is winning.

Jesus Fornicating Christ, what fornicating snowflakes.  You smash your keurig because someone spoke out against that idiot Hannity and don't look at me to make your coffee for you.  Don't even think of touching my keurig either to make coffee.  

Another day, another Hannity (with commercials!)

Media Matters is the #1 anti-free speech, #1 pro-censorship group, and they're trying to shut Hannity down.  He's pumped up over the support he's received over the weekend, but begs his audience to "please stop smashing your Keurig coffee machines."  The liberal media "purposely twist, lie, distort, propgandize, and weaponize whatever is said" in order to shut up the conservatives.  Keurig is a victim, because they were attacked by Media Matters, and an inexperienced Keurig employee was involved in the snafu.  Hannity feels bad for the Keurig company, and states he owns five of the machines!  Later this week, he'll be giving away 500 coffee machines (brand to be determined).  Media Matters is awful, because out of more than two hour interview, there was just one split second of slight ambiguity that immediately cleared up, and they pounced on that split second.  Lots or explaining how he is anti-grown-man-dating-teenage-girls.  He actually cares about the truth, he claims, unlike the liberal media.  

The first commercial break doesn't come until 9:21.  Servpro, Jaguar, Beaches.com, My Pillow, Home Instead, local Bentley car dealership, Xfinity

Uranium, uranium, uranium

Judge Jeanine thinks the woman who spoke today offered compelling evidence ("it's all there!").  But that won't do on Hannity's show.  He brings up the Duke lacrosse players again, and thinks JJ is rushing to judgment.  Geraldo Rivera thinks Hannity's interview allows people to see just how creepy Moore really is ("gives you the heebie jeebies").  Jj points out that Moore was a sexual predator grooming his victim.  The trial lawyer who was on last Friday said she didn't believe Moore's statements on Friday, but with today's news, she's certain he's guilty.

Commercial break:  Taltz, WeatherTech, ZeroWater, RectiCare, PCMatic, Jitterbug

Uranium, uranium, uranium

Commercial break:  Experian, Words With Friends 2, Southern New Hampshire University, Non24, hockey game on NBCSN, Bob's Discount Furniture, Ford, Genesis

Colin Kaepernick is GQ's Citizen of the Year, to Hannity's disgust.  The civil rights attorney thinks Kaepernick did a good job making people aware of police brutality.  Cranky ex-sheriff David Clarke thinks it's just a publicity stunt by the "failing" GQ magazine.

Commercial break:  Cologuard, The Man Who Invented Christmas, Sandals, Visiting Angels, My Pillow (again), SCOTTeVEST

Donald Jr was supposed to stop by, but Hannity ran out of time (maybe shouldn't have rambled on for 21 minutes at the beginning)

I'm not sure who Hannity's audience is, but I know I'm not in the market for a Jaguar or Bentley, or taking a vacation at a Sandals resort or through Beaches.com.

38 minutes ago, JMarie said:

I'm not sure who Hannity's audience is, but I know I'm not in the market for a Jaguar or Bentley, or taking a vacation at a Sandals resort or through Beaches.com.

Apparently, he is audience includes older folks who don't want to move into a nursing home (Home Instead in-home senior care), have hemorrhoids (RectiCare), and are worried about having undetected colon cancer (Cologuard at home cancer screening test). That fits with my image of an average viewer.

2 hours ago, JMarie said:

Hannity feels bad for the Keurig company, and states he owns five of the machines!  

Okay, I freely admit I'm a weirdo who pretty much only makes coffee when I have guests, but why would anybody have five Keurig machines? I can understand having one at home and one at work, but what about the other three? 

@JMarie, thank you once again for watching Hannity and recapping it for us. :pb_smile:

Also, when Judge Jeanine is a voice of reason, you know things are batshit crazy! :pb_eek:

"How Rupert Murdoch destroyed the Republican Party"

Spoiler

Back in 1983, then-Rep. Pat Schroeder (D-Colo.) was fixing eggs for her kids when she looked down and got an idea about President Ronald Reagan. She called him “Teflon-coated” because nothing bad stuck to him. The same could be said about Rupert Murdoch. He’s the Teflon mogul.

This year, Fox News, which Murdoch controls, signed Bill O’Reilly to a $25 million-a-year contract even though the company knew that O’Reilly had recently settled a sexual harassment claim for $32 million. That tidy sum was just the latest of O’Reilly’s sexual harassment settlements, the grand total being about $45 million, which, until he revives his career, has to remain some kind of record.

Not only was 21st Century Fox aware of the settlements, it even helped O’Reilly come up with some of the money and included, in the new contract, that he would be fired if new allegations arose. Not too long before, Fox News forced out its president, Roger Ailes, who also, it turned out, was a serial harasser. In sum, Murdoch presided over a smarmy frat house where sexual harassment was rampant, and, for the longest time and through herculean effort, the network managed to look away.

Somewhat in the same vein, Murdoch did not know that reporters at one of his British newspapers, the News of the World, were hacking into the phones of various newsworthy people. Murdoch, a newspaperman to his bones, apparently never wondered where the scoops were coming from. One of the hacked phones belonged to a murdered school girl. This was too much even for Fleet Street, but Murdoch, three monkeys in one, apparently never saw, heard or said anything.

Murdoch’s lifelong passion has been newspapers, but his real power base is Fox News. The network is to Republicans what the Daily Worker was to American communists — the only trusted news source. With the possible exception of the way the once isolationist Chicago Tribune dominated the Midwest, there has never been anything like it. In the most recent presidential campaign, fully 40 percent of Trump voters said their main source of news was Fox News. Just 8 percent of them relied primarily on CNN — enough, nevertheless, to send Donald Trump baying at the moon about fake news.

These figures are not only bad news for Fox News’s competitor, but they are also bad news for the Republican Party. Fox News has been a force in converting the party of Lincoln into the party of Trump. The network’s allegiance to Trump approaches mindless adoration. It once had the occasional nighttime skeptic, notably Megyn Kelly, but she is gone. In her stead has come Laura Ingraham, who spoke for Trump at the convention, and an even-more abrasive Tucker Carlson. As for the dominant Sean Hannity, he apparently so fears Breitbart News that he went soft on Republican Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore, who is accused of sexual misconduct with a 14-year-old girl when he was 32. (Even Trump withheld judgment.)

Moore has become the GOP’s litmus test. The refusal or hesitancy to denounce him is a consequence of where Murdoch’s Fox News has led the party. The GOP has gone so far to the right that it is about to veer off a cliff. The Fox News audience is old, white and in a cane-stomping rage at the way America is going. It believes in the media mendacity that Trump proclaims, and Fox News incessantly echoes. Aside from Fox News, it will trust only similar sources.

But look. Look, in fact, at Virginia. In last Tuesday’s election, the repudiation of Trump was beyond argument. Non-whites went Democratic in a big way. So did the more affluent suburbs, young people and women. What’s left for the GOP is rural, less educated, less affluent and, to be charitable, less young. On the back of any envelope, it’s a bad business plan.

Rupert Murdoch and Donald Trump have long been friends. Murdoch has occasional access to the Oval Office, where he advises Trump — the amoral leading the immoral. Trump is 71; Murdoch is 86, and the median age of a prime-time Fox News viewer is 68. Anyone can see where this is going. The grim reaper has become a Democratic poll watcher.

Murdoch came to the United States from Australia to fulfill his gargantuan ambitions. He bought New York magazine by deceiving his friend Clay Felker. He buckled to China and booted the BBC from his Asian TV network. He has undoubtedly realized his ambitions but will be remembered not for what he built, but for what he destroyed — American political comity and a sensible Republican Party. No amount of Teflon can change that.

He didn't just destroy the Repug party, he hasn't done much to help any part of our democracy.

12 hours ago, JMarie said:

Donald Jr was supposed to stop by, but Hannity ran out of time (maybe shouldn't have rambled on for 21 minutes at the beginning)

Is this just a lie? Does he ask Don Jr. to come on the show, having him standing by and then just blow him off? Do people put up with that?

And more than one person on the show who has given up on Moore! I agree that if you've got JJ flaming you, you are probably in trouble.

As for the number of Kuerigs, I'm guessing one at the main house, maybe two, one at the office, one at the Naples condo and he might own a place in Texas, not sure. Could also have one at the mistress's condo. :pb_lol:

Thanks as always, @JMarie.

18 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Apparently, he is audience includes older folks who don't want to move into a nursing home (Home Instead in-home senior care), have hemorrhoids (RectiCare), and are worried about having undetected colon cancer (Cologuard at home cancer screening test). That fits with my image of an average viewer.

Creepy that it might be, I'm must be part of this target demographic.

• Cologuard -  Check: I'm over 50 and have a history of cancer
  • Home Instead - Check: My mother is 93 and is getting in home care
  • RectiCare - Errrr don't ask.

Okay now I'm skived out.

@onekidanddone, I was thinking a bit ago that those 3 ads are also more up my alley than the Jaguar, Bentley, Sandals resort, and Beaches.com ads. Or even Keurig! I can comfort myself that I've never wanted to watch Fox News. :my_biggrin:

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

@onekidanddone, I was thinking a bit ago that those 3 ads are also more up my alley than the Jaguar, Bentley, Sandals resort, and Beaches.com ads. Or even Keurig! I can comfort myself that I've never wanted to watch Fox News. :my_biggrin:

Jaguar, Bentley, Sandals OH MY!  So Sean once trashed Obama because he liked 'fancy' mustard on his burger. Called him a snob. Huh, funny thing about that Sean, don't you have your own limo and private plane? Your FoxSpews fans don't have an issue with Trump's glutton wealth or yours, but Obama was a snob for a dab of mustard. Hypocrisy name is TD.

2 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I can comfort myself that I've never wanted to watch Fox News. :my_biggrin:

Nobody really WANTS to watch Fox News....

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived