IGNORED

Joy and Austin: He's got the Joy Joy in his heart!

Destiny

3 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

It would make complete (Duggar) sense that in passing on Joy's headship, Fort Rock would generate A LOT of PR. Becoming the Fundie Wedding Destination of North America!

Like a dowry, but I am sure there's something in it for JB. 

So this is the first spark of potential I've seen for a Duggar spin off. TLC could probably pull off a series about Joy and Austin running the camp. It would be a pull together a lot of their common themes - big/weird family, weddings and special events, and wacky customer service situations.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/16/2017 at 9:58 AM, HereticHick said:

I like to think that Joy and Austin chased down and caught that deer with their bare paws, sinking their teeth into its neck, like a pair of cheetahs on the Serengeti. Proof that Duggar girls really can do anything in skirts and flip flops.

Maybe they're vegetarian vampires!

Sorry y'all, I'm really showing my age. 

What are the odds that Jill, Anna and Jessa are all pregnant at Joy's wedding?  

Man, Sierra is going to be sad to miss out on that mass baby bump photo action.

2 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Jessa probably not but Jinger very well may be! :P 

3 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Fear not!

By the time poor ol' Jana gets married, every single one of her sisters from Joy through Jill will be preggo, plus Anna, Sierra and a few Bateses thrown in for good measure. The wedding photos will be EPIC.

I'm bettin' on it. 

I know I'm being devils advocate and this is major thread drift but how can you tell it's for sure fake?  It's some major commitment going on for years and commenters pretendeding to know the person. It's definitely insane but then fundyism borders on insanity. 

Out of curiosity to see if I could find anything else she has a Twitter. i got sucked into reading her history of tweets. i feel like this alone deserve its own thread!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ashleighzedicy?lang=en

9 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

Fear not!

By the time poor ol' Jana gets married, every single one of her sisters from Joy through Jill will be preggo, plus Anna, Sierra and a few Bateses thrown in for good measure. The wedding photos will be EPIC.

I'm bettin' on it. 

I don't know. Maybe they'll all somehow sync up their pregnancies and all be too pregnant for the wedding (I mean as if the Duggars would plan a wedding when another child is due to spawn, but a girl can dream!) Or Jana's future husband is some sort of sane person and says "no 40000^75n bridesmaids, pick one"

Michael(a) Bates Keilen gets to be the sole bridesmaid instead. (Unless she actually is pregnant by this stage with her one and only child. I will accept her as the only pregnant bridesmaid.

Jana could also just use her 55 nieces and nephews by this stage instead.

5 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I know I'm being devils advocate and this is major thread drift but how can you tell it's for sure fake?  It's some major commitment going on for years and commenters pretendeding to know the person. It's definitely insane but then fundyism borders on insanity. 

Out of curiosity to see if I could find anything else she has a Twitter. i got sucked into reading her history of tweets. i feel like this alone deserve its own thread!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ashleighzedicy?lang=en

When I'm on a computer I'll find the post where she said she liked skirts so she could just pee in her yard. If you want to continue thinking she's real with her -Leigh names and betrothing 2 year olds, then by all means. 

ETA: http://zedicy542.blogspot.com/2014/06/my-daughter-and-park.html?m=1

ill try to find the betrothing small children one 

This is why she needs her own thread, just for the comedy.

OMG one of her kids is called Kymberleigh and another one called Baileigh. I was dying when I saw that.

Definitely fake. 

The further I go down the rabbit hole of her blog the more unsure I become. I mean, how much of Jill Rodriguez seems preposterous at first? How much does any fundie naming scheme seem too ridiculous to be true? It's definitely a goldmine whatever it is and has me hooked for its entertainment value! 

What strikes me as odd is that if she was a troll she would have kept the Jessa wedding rumor up on her blog, right? Did she take this down? Why would a parody blog or a troll be motivated to take down by far their most popular post? 

1 hour ago, jerkit said:

Found it. If you think this is still real, I cannot help you. http://zedicy542.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/ashleighs-intended.html?m=1

This blogger is a very interesting creature. Her last post is about Jinger's wedding, and based on everything that was said here. She claimed that she and her husband went to the wedding and left her 10-year-old daughter with the rest of the kids, including a 6-month old baby and 1 1/2 month old twins. And says "we moved out of state after we married" and she grew up in Arkansas with them.

Now that she's being talked about again, I wonder if she'll come up with a new update. Or if someone will report her blog and try to track her down for child neglect. Some hilarious post wayback about leaving the kids home to go grocery shopping and comes home to find them playing with other kids and freaks out. :pb_biggrin:

1 minute ago, BullyJBG said:

This blogger is a very interesting creature. Her last post is about Jinger's wedding, and based on everything that was said here. She claimed that she and her husband went to the wedding and left her 10-year-old daughter with the rest of the kids, including a 6-month old baby and 1 1/2 month old twins. And says "we moved out of state after we married" and she grew up in Arkansas with them.

Now that she's being talked about again, I wonder if she'll come up with a new update. Or if someone will report her blog and try to track her down for child neglect. Some hilarious post wayback about leaving the kids home to go grocery shopping and comes home to find them playing with other kids and freaks out. :pb_biggrin:

I vaguely remember a crazy post about her lesbian sister and her throwing a pair of pants at the sister. 

18 hours ago, mpheels said:

So this is the first spark of potential I've seen for a Duggar spin off. TLC could probably pull off a series about Joy and Austin running the camp. It would be a pull together a lot of their common themes - big/weird family, weddings and special events, and wacky customer service situations.

Not a bad idea. It couldn't be as boring as Counting On. 

I'm a little delayed on responding to the honeymoon topic. Just now catching up on this thread. I'm playing Four Weddings with Anna, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger, and making my predictions for Joy and Kendra.

Dress Winner: Jinger

Bridesmaid Dresses: Anna

Venue: Jinger

Honeymoon: Jill (bonus points for keeping it low key)

Dates: 
Anna: Edit: September 26
Jill: June 21
Jessa: November 1
Jinger: November 5

Joy: June

Kendra: November

Dress Style:
Anna: A-Line
Jill: Fit and flare
Jessa: Ball gown
Jinger: A-Line

Joy: A-Line

Kendra: Ball gown 

Bridesmaids:
Anna: Dark grey
Jill: Aqua
Jessa: Coral
Jinger: 10 colors: pink, red x2, wine, burgundy, beige, brown, tan, powder blue, bright lilac 

Joy: grey or periwinkle 

Kendra: pink

Venue:
Anna: Buford Grove Baptist, Hillard, Florida
Jill: Cross Church, Springdale 
Jessa: First Baptist, Bentonville
Jinger: Cathedral of the Ozarks, Siloam Springs

Joy: no clue

Kendra: her dads church

Honeymoon:
Anna: Myrtle Beach, SC
Jill: Outer Banks, NC
Jessa: Paris
Jinger: Sydney 

Joy: Whistler, Costa Rica or Peru (although the Ozark Mountains are just as lovely)

Kendra: a Christian cruise to Alaska, or some place you can wear layers

3 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Dates: 
Anna: June 23

Josh and Anna got married in September. I think June 23rd is Anna's birthday.

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Josh and Anna got married in September. I think June 23rd is Anna's birthday.

Oh dang! Good catch. I need more coffee. 

3 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Oh dang! Good catch. I need more coffee. 

I may or may not (but I definitely do) keep a spreadsheet with their dates of birth, marriage and so on, so I may or may not be just a little bit insane. And I know what you mean about the coffee. Just starting my second gigantic mug of tea.

2 hours ago, jerkit said:

Found it. If you think this is still real, I cannot help you. http://zedicy542.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/ashleighs-intended.html?m=1

I'm not saying this is real or not, but y'all are SERIOUSLY underestimating the absolute bat shit crazy that lives in this world and has access to the internet.  Have you ever watched my strange obsession? People fucking cars, inflatables, the woman who eats toilet paper, or the one who drinks gasoline? These people who make the Duggar's and the Bates' look NORMAL.  Wearing a skirt to pee in the yard is damn logical by some of these people. 

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

I may or may not (but I definitely do) keep a spreadsheet with their dates of birth, marriage and so on, so I may or may not be just a little bit insane. And I know what you mean about the coffee. Just starting my second gigantic mug of tea.

I just whipped this up this morning with hasty Google searches. A spreadsheet is a good idea. I can't find trivial information that used to be posted that I would like to reference, e.g. the future professions they had chosen when they were children. The info does get replaced and lost after awhile.

I find it fascinating that the sisters chose different dress styles and venues. The dress styles is just a way to carve out identity. Too bad Joy can't choose a sheath dress and keep up the mix. Everyone in my family gets baptized and married in the same church, and we are nowhere near as religious as the Duggars, so I find it odd that they don't have any church venue loyalty. Jinger's venue was by far the prettiest. 

31 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I just whipped this up this morning with hasty Google searches. A spreadsheet is a good idea. I can't find trivial information that used to be posted that I would like to reference, e.g. the future professions they had chosen when they were children. The info does get replaced and lost after awhile.

I find it fascinating that the sisters chose different dress styles and venues. The dress styles is just a way to carve out identity. Too bad Joy can't choose a sheath dress and keep up the mix. Everyone in my family gets baptized and married in the same church, and we are nowhere near as religious as the Duggars, so I find it odd that they don't have any church venue loyalty. Jinger's venue was by far the prettiest. 

They don't have venue loyalty because they don't see physical church buildings as strictly holy/religious spaces. They see the churches as pretty spaces available for rent. They believe holiness comes from the presence of people worshiping together, and doesn't necessarily require a formal space. I know there are other advantages to hosting home churches, but I do think they honestly believe that you don't need a specific building to have a church.

46 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

As to professions -

The only two I remember were Jill wanting to be a Nurse and Josh mentioning something at some point about law. And one of the younger daughters - maybe Hannie or Jennifer - wanting to be a Veterinarian.

All of which require a college education, which was (or will be) denied to all of them because their parents are assholes like that.

(Side note: You don't need college to be successful in life. My FIL has done extremely well without one due to a lot of hard work and some lucky breaks. So I hope no one takes the above the wrong way. It's just that for the jobs listed above, you do need a college education.)

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived