IGNORED

Joy and Austin: He's got the Joy Joy in his heart!

Destiny

Previously, these two got engaged and we talked about it then had pages of WTF. 

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was curious so I went back and read the "pages of WTF" ... wow, I want what they were having.

The first thought I had when I saw this new thread was getting that song in my head; "I've got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart......."

10 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

The first thought I had when I saw this new thread was getting that song in my head; "I've got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart......."

Where? Down in my heart to staaay!

10 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Where? Down in my heart to staaay!

And if the devil doesn't like it he can sit on a tack! 

My favorite was "sun tanning for a peaceful easy feeling." Okie doke.

6 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

And now I've got the song in my head thanks. ;) 

14 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Completely intentional I'm afraid. @choralcrusader8613 did it to me, so I spread the pain. :)

13 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Completely intentional I'm afraid. @choralcrusader8613 did it to me, so I spread the pain. :)

And I've got the Bates' video clip running through my head (in addition to the earworm). Sometimes, @Destiny, sharing is NOT caring.  ;) 

Damn it people! I now have that song stuck in my head! 

14 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

My favorite was "sun tanning for a peaceful easy feeling." Okie doke.

My favorites are:

ever heard of the Jews,

and

I love Jewish people tho

No, we have absolutely never, ever heard of the Jews. :laughing-jumpingpurple: Good to know she loves them, even though she didn't seem to actually view them as people. 

Young!Trynn may or may not have tweaked this line a little..... And then sang it in front of the pastor just to horrify him....

Or not because Young!Trynn was a good little girl who never did anything wrong....

Whenever I hear of a fundy girl getting engaged, my heart hurts, especially when they're this young.  Even by non-fundy standards, Joy's veery young with a lot of growing up to do.  She's been robbed of a chance to be an individual, and is now going to be sold off to a TV special to be a broodmare.  At least she and Austin have known each other for a long time.  I'm still creeped out by how Ben saw Jessa on TV, and tracked her down on person.  Jim Bob not running away from the stalker shows his inability or unwillingness to protect his kids when money's on the table.  We can't expect him to tell Joy to slow down.  He might get a two-fer for weddings this next Not-19-Kids-and-Counting-but-Totally-Is season.

You know, I'd suspect that poster was a bot using predictive text....but I'm actually super into said bots, so I know they usually make more sense than this.  Much more sense.

Not sure about their feelings on Jews tho.

This troll was very tamed compared to others we've had.

Sigh, I was hoping for more Eagles lyrics morphed with random faux history lessons.  It was fairly awesome.

On 3/10/2017 at 7:40 PM, Carm_88 said:

I'm having Summer Bible School flashbacks right now.  I might need to get up from my desk and act out "This Little Light of Mine"

On 3/10/2017 at 7:40 PM, Carm_88 said:

Rod and Todd Flanders are delightful. 

The question is, do people picture the Bateseseseses' singing their screeching version of the song or the KidFarm! parody? I don't know who is mocking whom as the Bateseses are their own best parody, but both are hilarious. 

I haven't seen the Bates rendition, so all I can think of is the Kid Farm version with that awkward kid shouting "WHERE?!" And it's stuck in my head now. Thanks guys :P

Take it with a grain of salt but I've seen a few tumblrs say the wedding date is October 28th, her birthday.  That is according to a registry found on The Knot.  That seems kind of long for an engagement but we'll see

1 minute ago, Nashville92 said:

Take it with a grain of salt but I've seen a few tumblrs say the wedding date is October 28th, her birthday.  That us according to a registry found on The Knot.  That seems kind of long for an engagement but we'll see

She's a Duggar, let me doubt :pb_lol:

The Knot registry

The very long for Duggar standards engagement got my attention.  I'll wait for further confirmation it's really theirs.  So far the items look very bland or power tools.

I think that may be a fake date, they'll change it, i'm sure. There's just no way those two bunnies are waiting 7 months to do the frick frack

I have to say, I LIKE her registry.  Grey is one of the few neutrals that I think actually tends to read very classy and intentional in decor, as opposed to most neutrals which read as bland, boring, and indecisive.  It also doesn't show dirt!  I use and advocate for grey A LOT.  And that dark grey is super chic.  My only concern is that in many homes, it will be overwhelmingly dark if not adequately balanced, but that can be as simple/cheap as sticking to light wall colors.  

No one is good at decorating their first time.  But Joy seems to be AWARE that her tastes may change as she grows.  Unlike the Bates girls and their loads of ruffles and pink, Joy is asking for simple, classic, neutral items that will work with her decor scheme for YEARS to come no matter WHAT it morphs into.  

Judging from a few of the items, she does like some pops of primary as well, but accent pieces are really hit or miss, so I can see her wanting to select those herself.  And by keeping her accents to minor items that can be swapped and replaced as her tastes/fashion/needs change and keeping all of her essentials the same neutral, she's creating a really flexible and cost effective design scheme.  

10/10.  Great work, Joy.  I don't know a single person who didn't outgrow their first design scheme in a few years.  But these are mostly things that will grow WITH you.     

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived