IGNORED

Joy and Austin: He's got the Joy Joy in his heart!

Destiny

28 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

It's surprising that Jinger got married on a college campus, because all (albeit Catholic) universities I know with churches require that at least one of the people getting married be an alumni, student, employee, etc at that school.

Nah, not all universities are like that. my alma mater is assoc'd with the southern baptist convention, and we have libraries/chapels/auditoriums that are booked literally years in advance by alum or non-alum (its usually just the alumni or legacy families who know about it/want it that much haha)

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I broke down and looked. Ashleigh, Troy, and their (imaginary?) offspring, Nataleigh, Kaileigh, Baileigh, Kimberleigh,  Matthew, Nathan, and Kadijah. As far as trolls go, she gets creativity points, but is kind of lazy at content creation. 

I think it's kaijah, like Elijah with a k. The fact that there is so much bland content in between controversial posts is suprising for a parody or troll. It could be fake with some other scam or purpose, but she's committed. She's commenting on the seewalds family blog and Pennington point blog.

She also apparently predicted Ben/Jessa's engagement before it was officially announced?

jessabenhonduras2014.JPG

30 minutes ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I think it's kaijah, like Elijah with a k. The fact that there is so much bland content in between controversial posts is suprising for a parody or troll. It could be fake with some other scam or purpose, but she's committed. She's commenting on the seewalds family blog and Pennington point blog.

She also apparently predicted Ben/Jessa's engagement before it was officially announced?

jessabenhonduras2014.JPG

Except I don't think they were engaged until maybe a week after her post. 

And Ben really does have a bad case of cankles. 

32 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Except I don't think they were engaged until maybe a week after her post. 

And Ben really does have a bad case of cankles. 

Oh Lordy, those are some cankles!! Wowzers!!! 

I checked the blog. Baby Kalijah James with an "L," not a D, as I posted. My mistake. My kids had a schoolmate, Kadijah, and I didn't take the time to read correctly. I'm a stickler at getting names correct, so I've offended myself. 

Last post on the random parody blog which after my hours of reading I do believe to be fake! Sorry! It's crazy and does need its own thread please. Hats off to whatever Fj person is running it, you have the commitment and trolling that had me completely convinced. And for all the ridiculousness and occasional inconsistency that I was willing to go with, there was one blatantly obvious giveaway - the people you follow and follow you in Twitter. She'd never follow Ellen. And the other people she follows are way to educated/liberal/heathen and not Jesus-loving. This was done at a masterful level. Well done.

@Snarkle Motion, yes that is an obvious parody blog.  I doubt that it is written by an FJ member, or that a member would admit to authorship on FJ.  It is rather mean spirited and I doubt whoever writes it would get much praise from others here.

If you want a thread to discuss it (and other parody blogs out there) then go ahead and start one yourself.  Preferably on Wide World of Snark instead of cluttering up the Duggar subforum.  Thanks.

13 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

It's surprising that Jinger got married on a college campus, because all (albeit Catholic) universities I know with churches require that at least one of the people getting married be an alumni, student, employee, etc at that school.

My college had a beautiful chapel that anybody could get married in. Students and faculty did get a discount, but the general public could use it if they were willing to pay a little more.

duggarfamilyblog.com just posted about Joy preparing her wedding, with throwback pics of Renee Miller, the woman who designed Jinger's dress.

The dress was gorgeous (although very classical, so I am not sure we should credit Renee) but Renee's voice is worse than Michelle's. I literally skipped through the parts where she talked when I watched the dressing fitting episode.

I also think now that the wedding might be sooner than we guessed. I think Jinger had her preparation trip about one month before her wedding day. So who knows, maybe the day is end of April. 

I did a quick look back through this thread and didn't see this photo. This was taken at JinJer's rehearsal (I believe... She's in the same outfit from the footage) if Joy & Austin weren't already engaged how could they be touching like they are in the photo?  I found this on Keeping Up With The Fundies

image.jpeg

On 13.3.2017 at 8:43 PM, Georgiana said:

I have to say, I LIKE her registry.  Grey is one of the few neutrals that I think actually tends to read very classy and intentional in decor, as opposed to most neutrals which read as bland, boring, and indecisive.  It also doesn't show dirt!  I use and advocate for grey A LOT.  And that dark grey is super chic.  My only concern is that in many homes, it will be overwhelmingly dark if not adequately balanced, but that can be as simple/cheap as sticking to light wall colors.  

No one is good at decorating their first time.  But Joy seems to be AWARE that her tastes may change as she grows.  Unlike the Bates girls and their loads of ruffles and pink, Joy is asking for simple, classic, neutral items that will work with her decor scheme for YEARS to come no matter WHAT it morphs into.  

Judging from a few of the items, she does like some pops of primary as well, but accent pieces are really hit or miss, so I can see her wanting to select those herself.  And by keeping her accents to minor items that can be swapped and replaced as her tastes/fashion/needs change and keeping all of her essentials the same neutral, she's creating a really flexible and cost effective design scheme.  

10/10.  Great work, Joy.  I don't know a single person who didn't outgrow their first design scheme in a few years.  But these are mostly things that will grow WITH you.     

Did Jinger had a public wedding register?

On 14.3.2017 at 2:23 AM, closetcagebaby said:

Before the...interesting...posts on the last thread, I really enjoyed the engagement ring talk! I think we will be purchasing one this year and it's nice to hear some reasonable talk. The women around me mostly all have just giant diamonds and bigger budgets than I have. So thanks, ladies!

Can you give me a link to that threath?

12 minutes ago, divadivine said:

I did a quick look back through this thread and didn't see this photo. This was taken at JinJer's rehearsal (I believe... She's in the same outfit from the footage) if Joy & Austin weren't already engaged how could they be touching like they are in the photo?  I found this on Keeping Up With The Fundies

She's wearing her engagement ring in this picture, so I doubt it was from November unless they are REALLY lying about the timelines (possible, but that far back is a stretch). My guess? Joy is a self-proclaimed tomboy who doesn't like wearing girly dresses that much, so she only has a few "nice" outfits that she rotates. Coincidence. I wonder where the picture is from, though. The tumblr didn't say where they got it.

If you don't believe me about the ring, it's easier to see if you zoom in on the original image. http://keepingupwithfundies.tumblr.com/image/158465958149

I'm forgetting though I know she said they were going to wait until engagement to hold hands, but did they include hugs too? my mind is like really fuzzy about this for some reason.

On 16.3.2017 at 6:15 PM, Casserole said:

If their honeymoon is camping, I could see the sleeping bags and hiking boots on their registry as cute. Plenty of people have those honeymoon funds and sites where guests can "purchase" a dinner on your honeymoon or an activity. I see no difference here and it is something they'll use in real life. There are already things purchased off the registry, so either some young humper girl is making out here or it is absolutely real. 

Also, if the honeymoon is camping, I hope they follow in the sisters' footsteps of a little mini-moon weekend getaway before the trip for all the sex... It could absolutely be a fun trip (I'd love it if it were someplace cool) but I would not want to be a virgin, fundie, bride in a tent. On hard ground. With no shower. 

Who had a little mini-moon weekend getaway? And where? :)

1 hour ago, divadivine said:

image.jpeg

Has she borogh this dress from Jessa?

Looks alot like the dress she (Jessa) wore around the time she got engaet..

55 minutes ago, Irene said:

Who had a little mini-moon weekend getaway? And where?

Ben and Jessa. Took a mini-moon somewhere in Arkansas before heading to Europe. I think J Squared did the same.

4 minutes ago, Irene said:

Has she borogh this dress from Jessa?

Looks alot like the dress she (Jessa) wore around the time she got engaet..

The older daughters all shared clothes. Each time one gets married she goes through and picks some of the clothes to take with her - the rest are left at their parents' house for the unmarried sisters to share. So that could be Jessa's actual engagement dress or one very similar to it.

22 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

Can we devote a separate thread to it?

This has been around awhile: 

On 3/21/2017 at 9:52 AM, Million Children For Jesus said:

Bridesmaids:
Anna: Dark grey
Jill: Aqua
Jessa: Coral
Jinger: 10 colors: pink, red x2, wine, burgundy, beige, brown, tan, powder blue, bright lilac 

Am I the only one that thinks Anne's dresses were a deep purple? 

The bright lilac (Jill's BM dress in Jinger's wedding) was the worst imo. It didn't even go with the "fall" colo palette, in addition to be hideous. 

I thought Joy would do a blue - royal or maybe sky blue?

Personally, I'd like to see the "thriftiness" of them bleaching a set of dresses already used and hand dying them a new color.

51 minutes ago, Berty K said:

Am I the only one that thinks Anna's dresses were a deep purple? 

The bright lilac (Jill's BM dress in Jinger's wedding) was the worst imo. It didn't even go with the "fall" colo palette, in addition to be hideous. 

I thought Joy would do a blue - royal or maybe sky blue?

Personally, I'd like to see the "thriftiness" of them bleaching a set of dresses already used and hand dying them a new color. 

I couldn't figure out if Anna's dresses were deep purple or dark grey. Another poster called them dark grey, so I assumed she knew more than me.

I completely agree that the lilac dress at Jinger's wedding clashed. It was a clear, warm, spring color. An autumn palette is muted and warm. She had clear colors, muted colors, warm colors, cool colors. I like the idea of what she was going for, but it went off target. 

ETA: Dying and modifying dresses is a great idea. How many bridesmaid dresses must these girls have by now? Home schooling didn't hurt their social calendars. They receive plenty of invites.

3 hours ago, divadivine said:

image.jpeg

I feel like her hand on his stomach like that is way more defrauding than a quick hug or holding hands. Heck even a kiss on the cheek- my dad kisses me on the cheek- I wouldn't put my hand on my dads stomach like that. Ewww 

5 minutes ago, send*the*ferrets said:

I feel like her hand on his stomach like that is way more defrauding than a quick hug or holding hands. Heck even a kiss on the cheek- my dad kisses me on the cheek- I wouldn't put my hand on my dads stomach like that. Ewww 

It's a pretty common couple pose I feel

Just now, eleanora3 said:

It's a pretty common couple pose I feel

I see it a lot with my friends, but 99% of us lived in sin and drink a little so I don't know if we are the best judge ;)

1 hour ago, eleanora3 said:

It's a pretty common couple pose I feel.

Depending on the photographer, I've sometimes ended up posed for pictures in ways I would never stand or put my arms or hands in regular life. The senior picture where the photographer had me hold my necklace with 2 fingers and my thumb and slightly twist it was particularly stupid looking.

On 3/21/2017 at 3:20 PM, send*the*ferrets said:

We live down the block from a mega church. It has a huge main building, and then two still large buildings- one for Sunday school and one for the overflow of people who can't get in the main building and they watch the service on CC tv. My husband refers to it as "the compound". We don't leave the house Sunday Mornings, because the parishioners they have directing traffic are not the best. 

I know of a large church that has cops with blockades and who  direct traffic...

1 minute ago, RainbowSky said:

I know of a large church that has cops with blockades and who  direct traffic...

The cops usually come out on holidays and my husband gripes about how our tax dollars shouldn't pay for the church traffic :my_rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I couldn't figure out if Anna's dresses were deep purple or dark grey. Another poster called them dark grey, so I assumed she knew more than me.

I completely agree that the lilac dress at Jinger's wedding clashed. It was a clear, warm, spring color. An autumn palette is muted and warm. She had clear colors, muted colors, warm colors, cool colors. I like the idea of what she was going for, but it went off target. 

ETA: Dying and modifying dresses is a great idea. How many bridesmaid dresses must these girls have by now? Home schooling didn't hurt their social calendars. They receive plenty of invites.

I thought Anna's dresses were navy blue.

59 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I thought Anna's dresses were navy blue.

The fabric of those dresses made them look different colors depending on the angle and lighting. Looking at these pictures, I can kind of see why there's confusion as to whether they're deep purple, dark grey, or navy blue.

storymaker-josh-and-anna-wedding-picture

2ef641fedc4b6cc0f37f75b9bd6913c8.jpg

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived