IGNORED

Joy and Austin: He's got the Joy Joy in his heart!

Destiny

23 hours ago, JMO said:

Since they've replayed that wedding to death, I've watched it a few times.  There is a scene where Jill is heading to church to have morning prayers with D and then get ready.  JB specifically asks her who she is taking as a chaperone and she immediately responded Joy.  They don't show Joy during the scene so I'm assuming she was off to the side.  They showed the end of the prayers when J and D were in a big hall on two chairs and called his Mom to see if she was up to coming to the wedding.  This scene was discussed a bit because of the gross ridiculousness.  They are getting married in a couple of hours, there is a camera crew filming them, and they need a babysitter while they pray and check in with his mother who is very ill with cancer.  

If you're so horny that without your teenage sister/future SIL to babysit you, you might start ripping your clothes off and schtupping in a church while calling your cancer-stricken mother, you have a serious problem.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, singsingsing said:

What are you talking about? Her face was totally horrified when? I don't recall ever seeing a scene where Jinger returns from searching for Ben and Jessa during their private kiss. This rumour was started by shitty tabloids only after they learned that the first kiss was private. There's literally not a shred of evidence that anything like it ever occurred. Tabloids are really not a reliable source to base your assumptions on, and frankly this one is just about as gross and ridiculous as the more recent tabloid story that Joy is pregnant out of wedlock.

You really think they thought they'd have enough time to 'go at it' with their 1000+ guests out there? In their full wedding regalia? Two virgins who had never even kissed? And were right in the middle of being filmed for the TV show which seems to be their livelihood? And that the Duggars suspected something so they sent one of their unmarried, sheltered, virginal daughters to see if they were 'going at it'? What??

Edit: this came out ruder than I intended,  but tabloid gossip taken as truth is a huge pet peeve of mine. It drives me nuts. My annoyance is mainly directed at the tabloids which publish this utter garbage just to get clicks.

I get your outrage. And I know I push the line and am basing this on intuition. But this is also how people can sometimes get info out on the Internet or how PR can manage a rumor after the fact. Josh rumors existed forever and people dismissed them and attacked people for bringing them up.

I'm not saying this is true for sure.  I do not think they had sex or took off clothes but that they were making out hard core and feeling each other up makes sense to me. I have no evidence other than the couple was left alone for the first time. What do you think happened? One little kiss and let's get back out there? Or maybe we have a couple minutes to be alone and touch for the first time in our relationship ever!!! Of course they are going to be all over one another.

That they were allowed to have a private time to kiss? This was reported as fact, right? For how long? What would you do if you were given an opportunity to kiss and touch your spouse for the first time in private? Just a quick kiss? I'm sure clothes stayed on but there was definite groping. Jessa is so spunky it feels like a big FU to Jim Bob as well without actually compromising her religious values. And I can see Michelle getting impatient and asking Jinger to go get them to come back to the ceremony. 

1 hour ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I get your outrage. And I know I push the line and am basing this on intuition. But this is also how people can sometimes get info out on the Internet or how PR can manage a rumor after the fact. Josh rumors existed forever and people dismissed them and attacked people for bringing them up.

I'm not saying this is true for sure.  I do not think they had sex or took off clothes but that they were making out hard core and feeling each other up makes sense to me. I have no evidence other than the couple was left alone for the first time. What do you think happened? One little kiss and let's get back out there? Or maybe we have a couple minutes to be alone and touch for the first time in our relationship ever!!! Of course they are going to be all over one another.

That they were allowed to have a private time to kiss? This was reported as fact, right? For how long? What would you do if you were given an opportunity to kiss and touch your spouse for the first time in private? Just a quick kiss? I'm sure clothes stayed on but there was definite groping. Jessa is so spunky it feels like a big FU to Jim Bob as well without actually compromising her religious values. And I can see Michelle getting impatient and asking Jinger to go get them to come back to the ceremony. 

1. No one other than the Pastor seemed to know they were planning a private kiss. So no one really "allowed" anything.

2. Is it possible they were groping? Sure. Do you know for a fact? No because you weren't there. I would avoid making definitive statements like that when you're attempting to share your opinion because it can get confusing and lead to misunderstandings. 

3. The ceremony was over when they left to kiss - it's not like an unmarried Duggar ran off to make out with their fiancé before everything was official. So there's no reason for anyone to be bringing them back to finish the ceremony. Maybe to start taking photos. But usually the photographer waits for the audience to clear out before taking furball photos in the ceremony location (at least in ky experience.) That could have taken awhile considering how many guests attended.

To be honest, I really don't see why there is fascination over what may or may not have happened. Nor do I understand why it would be any of our business in the unlikely event that something more than kissing did happen (even if it was just groping.) This isn't a situation where someone is trying to inform people of an alleged crime or something - it's a young couple not wanting to share their very first kiss with everyone they know and the general public. 

14 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I know there was a  "rumor" about Jinger catching ben and Jessa all hot and bothered after their first time alone in the church that was debunked. But I sort of believe it to be true. They were alone for the first time to kiss right after the ceremony. Seriously are we to believe they aren't going to get handsy? They have been waiting forever and are finally alone! Ben is a horny teen who has been waiting a year and you expect him and Jessa not  to finally enjoy one another? I'm sure they were all over each other.  But at some point someone in the family is freaking out and decides that enough time has passed and sends someone to get them? And who do they send? Jinger is the logical option which is consistent with the rumor. This is why I totally believe that she caught them going at it. Her face was supposedly horrified. It makes complete sense to me but I don't blame them it's just the natural outcome of not touching your girlfriend/boyfriend for a year.

This rumor has been 100% debunked. The story was written on a parody blog that posts satirical untrue stories, sort of like the Onion.

29 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

1. No one other than the Pastor seemed to know they were planning a private kiss. So no one really "allowed" anything.

It's been confirmed that they told their parents ahead of time, but you're right about everything else. The rumor is ridiculous and it makes no sense to start spinning elaborate, far-fetched tales explaining how it COULD have happened.  

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

schtupping

I love this word.  Yiddish is so expressive.

57 minutes ago, Snarkle Motion said:

And I know I push the line and am basing this on intuition. <snip>

I'm not saying this is true for sure.  I do not think they had sex or took off clothes but that they were making out hard core and feeling each other up makes sense to me. I have no evidence other than the couple was left alone for the first time.

Intuition or very lurid imagination?  It is beginning to look as if you push the line on stupid speculation just to be annoying.

Occam's Razor. They were alone together and kissed for the first time.  Then they went back to their wedding guests. Sheesh!

It's just so ridiculous. I think it's incredibly unlikely that they were going at it, making out, or anything close, but even if they were, they were married for God's sake. They weren't even breaking any of their own rules! And again, this rumour was started on a parody blog, and frankly I think the reason I find it so gross is that it's supposed to be lurid and titillating, and it's needlessly humiliating to them. I'm totally down with snarking on them and criticizing them for the multitude of terrible things they do, say, and support, but I'm really not down with spinning elaborate stories specifically designed to shame them, especially to shame them in a sexual nature, because it's doubly bad - it's nasty and petty and it's sex negative.

What about the couples who drove off alone after their wedding ceremonies? I think they all did, right? And yet I'm not hearing rumours that Jill and Derick, or Jinger and Jeremy, pulled off to the side of the road to have sex in their car as soon as they were out of sight of the church because they just couldn't contain themselves. 

This really hearkens back to all the slut shaming that was directed at Jessa on FJ back in the day. Yes, slut shaming. Jessa. I know it's bizarre, but there were certain posters who were absolutely disgusted with Jessa for being too sexy, and for (supposedly) desiring sex too much. This was before she had kids. As soon as she had that first baby, it seemed to stop. How mysterious.

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

And yet I'm not hearing rumours that Jill and Derick, or Jinger and Jeremy, pulled off to the side of the road to have sex in their car as soon as they were out of sight of the church because they just couldn't contain themselves. 

To be fair, you probably will now...  you know, "fan sites report" pieces in tabloid websites, and such... :fubar:

Jessa has stated that once Ben and her got engaged, Michelle and JB got taken down from the group chat and she was able to text Ben one-to-one. 

She also said that once their courtship was official (or once they got engaged, can't remember), they had an unchaperoned hour long phone call every night.

6 hours ago, elvirajane said:

Jessa has stated that once Ben and her got engaged, Michelle and JB got taken down from the group chat and she was able to text Ben one-to-one. 

She also said that once their courtship was official (or once they got engaged, can't remember), they had an unchaperoned hour long phone call every night.

Yep I remember those rules for engagement. That would personally drive me insane, but that's what was allowed.

17 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

basing this on intuition.

You need to get your intuition checked since it seems to be depending on Onion like webpages. 

Well based on intuition, I think that Jessa and Ben...wait I don't care what they did. That's totally on them, whatever they did do. 

Pure speculation about possible wedding dates: on the Fort Rock website, there's a private family conference booked for an April weekend and a private family camp event booked for a few days midweek in early June. However, who knows if they'd get married there at all.

I actually think the October date is plausible because it seems to be the off season for his family's business and because we know it corresponds roughly to the time frame that TLC filmed the family in 2016.

And maybe Joy's parents don't like the idea of teenage weddings for their kids, despite what they did, having been through this a few times now and having long experience in the public eye. (Or Joy may even follow Anna's lead and want to wait, for herself.) The October date would put Joy at age 20 (I think). It will be interesting to see how the timing compares to Jessa/Ben and Joe/Kendra.

I can't imagine a Duggar stretching out the time between the engagement and the actual wedding that long. Maybe one day one of them will want to wait longer, but I think Joy is going to be pushed to hurry up her wedding.

@bellina there's a message from Joy and Austin on the registry that they haven't released the actual date yet. Apparently it comes up if you click on an item to buy.  No way do I see them waiting more than 3 or 4 months.

For Joy and Austin I wish them all the deer they can catch.  

"Catching" a deer is WAY better for them than "Catching" a baby those first few months.  Save those catches for a little later.

On 3/17/2017 at 8:50 AM, Audrey2 said:

While I agree that wedding gifts aren't mandatory, I know that many still give/receive them instead of checks. It does make sense to me to at least have some suggestions.

A registry is simply a suggestion of what a couple would like. It is not a demand. If the parents, (both sets) should maybe consider the bigger tools as it would be a help for the couple to make money on their own. I personally see nothing wrong with it. I had a family member that set up a kind of "Go Fund Me" for a trip to Alaska, seriously. Asking people to help pay for a destination that you can't afford on your own, I think not.  FYI, they were lacking sorely on items to set up a household but I just wrote it off to youth and a bit of stupidity. Very few people donated to the trip.

I find it interesting that quite a few of the Duggar kids married into smaller families. I would have guessed they would all marry kids from quiverful families like the Caldwells to make sure they have been raised the same way and want to live that lifestyle. But I guess in JB's pre-courtship interview he makes the potential partners sign a waver that they are on board with procreating uncontrollably. 

11 minutes ago, faraway said:

But I guess in JB's pre-courtship interview he makes the potential partners sign a waver that they are on board with procreating uncontrollably. 

We don't know this for sure, right? I mean, talk about awkward. Could you imagine? I wouldn't be okay with my FIL ruling my reproductive activities. 

21 hours ago, bellina said:

Pure speculation about possible wedding dates: on the Fort Rock website, there's a private family conference booked for an April weekend and a private family camp event booked for a few days midweek in early June. However, who knows if they'd get married there at all.

I actually think the October date is plausible because it seems to be the off season for his family's business and because we know it corresponds roughly to the time frame that TLC filmed the family in 2016.

And maybe Joy's parents don't like the idea of teenage weddings for their kids, despite what they did, having been through this a few times now and having long experience in the public eye. (Or Joy may even follow Anna's lead and want to wait, for herself.) The October date would put Joy at age 20 (I think). It will be interesting to see how the timing compares to Jessa/Ben and Joe/Kendra.

It would make complete (Duggar) sense that in passing on Joy's headship, Fort Rock would generate A LOT of PR. Becoming the Fundie Wedding Destination of North America!

Like a dowry, but I am sure there's something in it for JB. 

On March 19, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Carm_88 said:

Well based on intuition, I think that Jessa and Ben...wait I don't care what they did. That's totally on them, whatever they did do. 

If they did I'm happy for them! I actually think it's empowering after being denied so long. I'm suprised that people think I'm slut shaming or have given me so many down votes. To me it just seems natural that the first time alone together there is a lot of pent up emotion and that they would want enjoy that time together. But whatever I didn't think it was such a big deal, just something that I tended to believe!

1 minute ago, Snarkle Motion said:

If they did I'm happy for them! I actually think it's empowering after being denied so long. I'm suprised that people think I'm slut shaming or have given me so many down votes. To me it just seems natural that the first time alone together there is a lot of pent up emotion and that they would want enjoy that time together. But whatever I didn't think it was such a big deal, just something that I tended to believe!

You're believing something from a parody blog that has no basis in truth, that would be the reason that people are disagreeing with you. 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

You're believing something from a parody blog that has no basis in truth, that would be the reason that people are disagreeing with you. 

Okay now I'm interested about this parody blog. What is the link to it and how it came to be cited? Do they still do parodies?

20 minutes ago, Snarkle Motion said:

Okay now I'm interested about this parody blog. What is the link to it and how it came to be cited? Do they still do parodies?

It started with a Z - like zelda plus some numbers or something. It's not zelda, but it's something like that. 

ETA: THIS IS A PARODY. NOTHING ON THIS BLOG REFLECTS FACTS, EVEN ALTERNATIVE ONES. IT. IS. FAKE.

I found it! zedicy542: http://zedicy542.blogspot.com/

20 minutes ago, Snarkle Motion said:

If you search the forum by plugging in some of the keywords and looking for late 2014 results you might be able to find it.

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

If you search the forum by plugging in some of the keywords and looking for late 2014 results you might be able to find it.

See my ETA. I found it. All of her "family members'" names end in -leigh lol.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived