IGNORED

Another Duggar Courtship: Joseph and Kendra

front hugs > duggs

I honestly think the younger courtships are just a coincidence. Josh and Anna were both 19/20 when they courted/married. Jill, Jessa, and Jinger were only a couple years older. Josiah was 18 or 19. Joy is 19. Kendra is 18. So really, not much difference. When/if John David or Jana court, they'll be in their late 20s at least.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm... CinderJD just doesn't really have the same ring to it.

15 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Do we have a thread on the Caldwells? 

I was wondering that my self. The only info I know is from other topics where people talked about them. And where speculating if they where a couple or not.

28 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

So that would be five to six months of courting. Can someone with a better memory/more spreadsheets than me remind how long the others courted? Five to six months seems longer than the others. Though, I hope for that 18 year old's sake that they takes things as slowly as Fundie possible.

Jessa and Ben courted 11 months, Jill and Derick 4-5 months. It's unclear for Jinger and Jeremy, since the Duggars/TLC seem to have messed with the timeline, but their courtship was announced end of June and their engagement was announced end of July, but they were probably courting longer than that. Joy and Austin's courtship was announced in early November and their engagement was announced in early March, so if we trust the timeline, then that's about 4 months.

Well if any of the Duggar boys were good-looking in my book, it was Joe. I totally figured he was next. Too many boys around the house and not enough wimmens to take care of all of them, gotta kick some out! Let them be someone else's headship!

1 minute ago, jillymuffin said:

Jessa and Ben courted 11 months, Jill and Derick 4-5 months. It's unclear for Jinger and Jeremy, since the Duggars/TLC seem to have messed with the timeline, but their courtship was announced end of June and their engagement was announced end of July, but they were probably courting longer than that. Joy and Austin's courtship was announced in early November and their engagement was announced in early March, so if we trust the timeline, then that's about 4 months.

Someone needs to make a Google Document with a chart for all this crazy stuff! I can't keep up!

Okay, important things first.

Baby name theme

Joe and Kendra

Lazarus

Messiah

Nebuchadnezzar

Obadiah

Twins: Pentecost and Palestina 

Quartus

Triplets: Roma, Raphael and Rachel

Samson

Theophilus

Uriah

Vaniah

West

Xaviera

Yahweh

Zebadiah

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

So at least we know which one he's courting now, lol. It's probably going to take me another three months to be able to tell her apart from her sister.

Edit: Hey, where's that poster who was spittin' mad at us for thinking Joe was probably courting this girl? Haha.

*waves white flag and apologizes* I'm sorry y'all  were right and I was wrong, totally wrong. I apologize wholeheartedly. I'm truly sorry! I was so way off!! I reread what I wrote and that was just horrible of me! Please forgive me! 

So does the Caldwell family live close to the Duggars? Interesting to me is that Ben and Derrick came to and stayed in the Duggar location. Why wouldn't a Duggar boy go live close to his wife's family? Or is it mandated that no matter who marries, whether it be boy or girl, they have to come live close to the Duggars? Except of course Jeremy and Jinger. He is his own man and has a life and career.

So what all do we know about the Caldwell family? Her father is a pastor in a nearby town, right?

1 hour ago, Dubiousclaire said:

What in fundie hell is that girl's father thinking?  He doesn't have a house or a job. ..does he even have his own car,  or just use one from the dugger car pool at the house? 

Did Jim  boob promise her family a house ( as someone suggested, they get jessa's, she gets the bigger one)?

Normally I wouldn't suggest a father could decide on who his daughter dates (courts), but this is fundieland. And the girls can't work and buy their own cars and houses. 

I wouldn't presume to tell my adult daughter who she could date or marry.  But she would have enough sense not to pick someone who didn't have a job,  car, or house, education or prospects to get any of the above.  

Maybe this is why Jill and D-wreck had to leave. Jessa is finally taking over "their" McMansion so joe can move into grandma's starter home?

I saw a Duggar courtship/engagement/wedding timeline on tumblr last week. I'll try to find it. Joy getting married in June or July would fit.

4 minutes ago, LouisvilleGirl said:

So what all do we know about the Caldwell family? Her father is a pastor in a nearby town, right?

Her father is the Duggar's pastor.

Derrick already lived locally so only Anna and Ben had to move.

Well I'm excited for the back to back weddings drinking games that I played with my friends with Jill/Jessa's weddings a few years ago.

Who was the aggressive noob poster attacker people speculating about a Caldwell courtship? Ug too lazy to dig through my phone. Somebody protested a little too hard I remember though. 

Oh -- and will a Duggar boy wedding get the People cover? I can't even remember if Smuggar got so much as a blurb for his. 

16 minutes ago, jillymuffin said:

That chalkboard at Jinger's shower stated that they started courting in mid-late May. 

Back to the Caldwells, what is the name of his church? I thought it was Friendly Baptist in Springdale, but another pastor is listed. 

17 minutes ago, jillymuffin said:

Jinger and Jeremy courted for 2 months, they had a chalk board with the day they started courting on the bridal shower, and it the 20 something of may

1 minute ago, marmalade said:

Back to the Caldwells, what is the name of his church? I thought it was Friendly Baptist in Springdale, but another pastor is listed. 

It's Lighthouse Baptist Church in Fayetteville.

Joy-Anna announced on the special episode of Counting On: Jinger’s Wedding in November that she had entered into a courtship with her friend of 15 years, whom she first met when his family moved to Arkansas and started attending the Duggars’ church.

YOU"VE ONLY BEEN ALIVE FOR 19 TEEN YEARS that friend of 15 years don't mean boo.

1 minute ago, marmalade said:

That chalkboard at Jinger's shower stated that they started courting in mid-late May. 

He's the pastor at Lighthouse Baptist Church in Fayetteville, AR. Here's some information on him/the church:

http://www.visitlighthousebaptistchurch.com/our-pastor/

Another one bites the dust. The only positive thing I can say is they both do look genuinely happy for now. 

2 hours ago, Stokstaartje said:

"The 22-year-old is the second Duggar boy to start the courting journey in the hopes of marrying."

So I guess the whole Marjorie thing didn't happen?

Alternative courtship 

7 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

@Dogalog I love Pentecost and Palestina. Way to go. This could be a career for you naming FundieBabies. Ha ha

I'm rather partial to Nebuchadnezzar Duggar, myself lol

I take one work day off!! One!!  Maybe if I take a whole month off Jana'll be next...

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived