IGNORED

Another Duggar Courtship: Joseph and Kendra

front hugs > duggs

Just watched the announcement video. They both seemed nervous (all the Duggar announcements are SO awkward), but happy! Some genuine smiles and affection there. I hope things work out well for them. And that Joe has the skills to financially/emotionally support their soon-to-be-giant family. It's sad he doesn't have a decent older male sibling to give him relationship advice. :pb_rollseyes:

Also: I can't fault the Duggars for ignoring Josiah's courtship...out here in the secular world, plenty of people choose to pretend certain exes never happened. :pb_lol:

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long term courtships just don't happen with the Duggars. They have a get to know you stage, that seems to have been a decent length, seeing she's been spotted for a bit. Then they court and then 2-3 months later, engagement. Jessa was the only one who courted for a while. 

18 seems very young, I know that she is steeped in the Kool Aid but seriously 18? *Sigh* Guess I should count my lucky stars tht they waited until she was 18 to announce. 

Prediction: Depending on Kendra's birthday, this will be one of the longer courtship/engagements. At least long enough to get her comfortably close to 20 as possible before she has their first child. I think the whole "teenage parent" thing is the reason why Ben and Jessa's courtship went as long as it did. Even in Duggartown, 18/19 and pregnant is not a good public relations move. 

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I knew it! Isn't she only 18? 

I know it doesn't matter much since she's not going to college or work but damn. She's young.

Thought I was the only one who had an issue with her being just 18. I guess with him being around the Bates for 2 years...he probably got to "know" them better and decided there was no spark there. The Bates girls are loud. Maybe loud just isn't his type. With that said...I'm no more happier for them  at the moment. Sigh...then again, no mainstream Christian chick would be ok with the Duggar lifestyle. The J-boys might not have a choice but to marry a young , naive, girl who just doesn't know any better but to live the same life that she has been surrounded by her ENTIRE life.

33 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Don't worry. I doubt #7 is their last. 

Then Kendra can be pregnant at the same time as her mommy! Because that happens often in fundie land.

How old is her mother?

54 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

Well Josh probably started his courting journey mostly because others hoped it would stop him from f***ing up. And so that he could have holy sex. Not so much in the hope of actually getting married. 

Wait didn't Josh get engaged at the beginning of 17 Kids and Counting? Maybe that's why Joseph is the second after Josiah. Because the show just showed their engagement and wedding.

3 hours ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

Welllll, we did see it coming! I was pretty sure it was coming after Jinge's wedding episode.

I can't get over Kendra saying "I'm looking forward to the side hugs", like lol, but good for her to be excited hahaha :D

I guess I can't quasi-fangirl Joseph anymore now he's taken :(

Bolded above needs to be a post count. 

5 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Thought I was the only one who had an issue with her being just 18. I guess with him being around the Bates for 2 years...he probably got to "know" them better and decided there was no spark there. The Bates girls are loud. Maybe loud just isn't his type. With that said...I'm no more happier for them  at the moment. Sigh...then again, no mainstream Christian chick would be ok with the Duggar lifestyle. The J-boys might not have a choice but to marry a young , naive, girl who just doesn't know any better but to live the same life that she has been surrounded by her ENTIRE life.

I totally forgot he was with the bates for awhile, and there were all those rumors swirling about him and tori or carlin! tori has another boy, but if it was carlin and she was also interested, i wonder how she feels. ( i meannnn she was posting all that stuff around 'i love you day' about gifts from her brothers....could have been to cheer her up, right?) also how crazy would it be if both the joe/carlin and jinger/lawson rumors were true, and two bates have now been scorned by duggars?!

don't mind me, just enjoying a quick ride on the speculation train :56247958af296_32(20):

3 hours ago, jacduggar said:

Can a Duggar boy courting save the tanking ratings? Doubt it. Courtships are boring, weddings are boring, pumping out dozens of babies is boring.

Maybe a little ratings boost, depending on how much personality J'Kendra does or doesn't have. The Duggar girls are stale and boring. I can't tell if they're hiding things or if they're sincerely as dull as they appear. Maybe a new girl will freshen things up a bit. I think Joe is likable so far, but he has been given such limited air time, it's too early to tell. 

3 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

He doesn't cook, clean, do laundry, or anything else. I doubt anyone can get more useless than a fundie man

I seem to recall that he can cook bacon strips?

From way back when Josie was tiny.

So, Joe gave Kendra a promise ring. I thought it was the fathers who give their daughter rings until marriage. 

58 minutes ago, hasunah said:

How old is her mother?

YOUNG. I would guess she hasn't hit 40 yet. And her youngest is a toddler. They locked down their fb recently but before it was locked, there were family pictures with the youngest still little.

I don't think Joe and Kendra will have a long courtship. I predict they'll be engaged by late summer or fall and married in the winter. We thought Joy would have a long courtship. I wonder if the reason Ben and Jessa had a long courtship is because it was outed too soon.

3 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

Maybe this is why Jill and D-wreck had to leave. Jessa is finally taking over "their" McMansion so joe can move into grandma's starter home?

Recently, weren't  JB and crew fixing up another large home?

WTF. ANOTHER courtship? I'm shocked another boy finally landed one. I'm thinking it'll be another three years before Jana courts.

Her family sounds disgustingly homophobic. Color me surprised. Kendra is pretty young, so I'm not sure how long they will court before marriage.

Is it bad that as soon as I saw that Joe was a'court'n I came to check out Free Jinger? They look nice together as a couple. Shame about their belief system. 

Are the Caldwells Fundie royalty as well? She looks like Joy 

keep it coming 

4 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Oh -- and will a Duggar boy wedding get the People cover? I can't even remember if Smuggar got so much as a blurb for his. 

Only if Jessa is pregnant again - then she might get the cover with Joe on a sidebar. 

but I doubt we will see Joe on the cover of People.  he isn't Jessa.  

4 hours ago, marmalade said:

That chalkboard at Jinger's shower stated that they started courting in mid-late May. 

Back to the Caldwells, what is the name of his church? I thought it was Friendly Baptist in Springdale, but another pastor is listed. 

which I don't believe because when Jessa was in SCA - Jinger somewhat led on what was happening

1. I predict the Seewalds will buy a fixer upper. Joe and Kendra will get grandma's house, but I wouldn't be surprised if they buy a house. I think I read that a couple of the other boys have bought houses?

2. I also read a rumor that Jed or Jeremiah is courting Kendra's sister?

3. A couple of seasons ago TLC was teasing a courtship for JD. It was at the same time they were hinting at Jinger and Joy courting. They even released bonus footage of the girls discussing JD's "love life" .

Please remember Jinger and Jeremy have their own thread.  My fingers are getting tired.  Thank you! 

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

I totally forgot he was with the bates for awhile, and there were all those rumors swirling about him and tori or carlin! tori has another boy, but if it was carlin and she was also interested, i wonder how she feels. ( i meannnn she was posting all that stuff around 'i love you day' about gifts from her brothers....could have been to cheer her up, right?) also how crazy would it be if both the joe/carlin and jinger/lawson rumors were true, and two bates have now been scorned by duggars?!

don't mind me, just enjoying a quick ride on the speculation train :56247958af296_32(20):

I thought it was Carlin too! Remember that bates special and they asked who is most likely to Marry a duggar and they all said Carlin. I still believe she was into him, he went to crown to check her out and probably wasn't feeling it. My speculation.

Who was the poster that mocked the speculation train of one of the duggar boys courting a Caldwell girl and snarled that anytime they are seen with anyone we all jump to conclusions. Someone pointed out we were right about Jill, here we did it again ha!

5 minutes ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Who was the poster that mocked the speculation train of one of the duggar boys courting a Caldwell girl and snarled that anytime they are seen with anyone we all jump to conclusions. Someone pointed out we were right about Jill, here we did it again ha!

That poster already posted on this thread admitting they were wrong and apologizing for their behavior.

2 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Mr. and Mrs. Caldwell look young. :pb_eek:

1545986_767634719930681_1163830472_n.jpg

I think they married young and Kendra is the oldest. So they are late 30s.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived