IGNORED

Another Duggar Courtship: Joseph and Kendra

front hugs > duggs

The announcements are going to be fast & furious now, folks.

I'm personally predicting a pregnancy announcement from Jinger this month or next, Joseph's engagement in late May, Joy's wedding in early June, Jill will give birth in July, Joseph and Kendra will marry in August, Anna will suddenly show up with a new baby in September though the pregnancy was never announced (seriously, I'm torn between expecting them to announce a pregnancy and frame it as a redemption narrative, or to just announce the baby once it's born), Jinger will give birth in October (maybe a girl), Joy pregnancy announcement in November, Jessa and Kendra will both announce pregnancies in December. Maybe throw another courtship in there somewhere for good measure. Woohoo!

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with others. I want to see what a Duggar Boy gets from TLC. So basically there's going to be 2 weddings this year.

What in fundie hell is that girl's father thinking?  He doesn't have a house or a job. ..does he even have his own car,  or just use one from the dugger car pool at the house? 

Did Jim  boob promise her family a house ( as someone suggested, they get jessa's, she gets the bigger one)?

Normally I wouldn't suggest a father could decide on who his daughter dates (courts), but this is fundieland. And the girls can't work and buy their own cars and houses. 

I wouldn't presume to tell my adult daughter who she could date or marry.  But she would have enough sense not to pick someone who didn't have a job,  car, or house, education or prospects to get any of the above.  

Oh, great. At least, they look cute together in the photo. Joy looked scared to me in her engagement photo but Kendra looks happy here.

Counting on: where a big family pushes their children to get married to bring in money.  

I would rather see the show go away and then in like ten years,we get a special or something. 

OK @singsingsing.  As I was reading your post with all the predictions, I started reading faster and faster until my head started to spin.

These Duggars need to slow down.

After this announcement and Joy's engagement, all of a sudden it's like Jinger and Jeremy who?

Will Joseph become as useless/unable to help out as his sisters were while courting?  I seem to recall the girls pretty much focused on their phones and little else.

• choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Gosh, she looks just like his sisters!

Are flannel shirts mandatory for engagement/courtship photos? Or was there a sale at salvation army?

12 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Will Joseph become as useless/unable to help out as his sisters were while courting?  I seem to recall the girls pretty much focused on their phones and little else.

He doesn't cook, clean, do laundry, or anything else. I doubt anyone can get more useless than a fundie man

Anyone else think she looked like a deer in headlights? Possibly she's just not used to the cameras?

Jumping on SingSingSing's idea: my predictions are Joy wedding end of May,  Jill's baby born in July, August/September engagement for Joseph and Kendra, December J&K wedding. I do think Anna's probably pregnant right now; I'm sure they'll announce like a week before due date or something. 

Welllll, we did see it coming! I was pretty sure it was coming after Jinge's wedding episode.

I can't get over Kendra saying "I'm looking forward to the side hugs", like lol, but good for her to be excited hahaha :D

I guess I can't quasi-fangirl Joseph anymore now he's taken :(

I thought Joe had learned to do towing and operate the machinery and was part of the car flipping/car business side of things like Josh was when he married Anna?

JD and James (?) have been reported to own houses so does Joseph perhaps have his name on some deeds?

If Benessa got an upgrade for Joe to get Grandma's house where would they put the Dullards in between missioncations? It's too much to hope that Ben could get a real job up in St Louis or nearby and they move away and they see more of Flame and that group and Ben gets some help/training if he really wants to get into youth work....

Can a Duggar boy courting save the tanking ratings? Doubt it. Courtships are boring, weddings are boring, pumping out dozens of babies is boring.

The best bet for the Duggar kidults is to use their fan base to build businesses. But none of them have the knowledge or experience to do that.

This further solidifies my assumption that JD has one foot out of the cult and JB is keeping Jana forever alone.

4 minutes ago, RhythmicSkater said:

Jumping on SingSingSing's idea: my predictions are Joy wedding end of May,  Jill's baby born in July, August/September engagement for Joseph and Kendra...

So that would be five to six months of courting. Can someone with a better memory/more spreadsheets than me remind how long the others courted? Five to six months seems longer than the others. Though, I hope for that 18 year old's sake that they takes things as slowly as Fundie possible.  

It is also interesting how the brides keep getting younger and younger. There goes our theory that they avoided teen marriages because they didn't want the bad press. 

1 minute ago, jacduggar said:

Can a Duggar boy courting save the tanking ratings? Doubt it. Courtships are boring, weddings are boring, pumping out dozens of babies is boring.

The best bet for the Duggar kidults is to use their fan base to build businesses. But none of them have the knowledge or experience to do that.

This further solidifies my assumption that JD has one foot out of the cult and JB is keeping Jana forever alone.

It is a change an maybe it will be enough to get them another season after this one....it is a different angle.... we will just have to wait and see what happens. We can only guess

Kendra sounded really immature to me in that announcement video. "I'm looking forward to side hugs and phone calls and texting, and everyone knowing that we're courting." It's like what an 11 year old who doesn't understand what a relationship actually is would look forward to. 

Holy crap. How many pregnancy announcements will we see in the next year?

Jessa seems pretty fertile, so no doubt she'll be expecting again soon. 

Anna is due for another baby this summer.

Jinger will probably be expecting soon, considering the typical order of things.

Joy will probably announce this year, or maybe early next year.

And now Joe.

So probably at least 4 more babies this year, wow! They need to slow down!

2 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

It is also interesting how the brides keep getting younger and younger. There goes our theory that they avoided teen marriages because they didn't want the bad press. 

Jill was the oldest to start courting/marry so far, and she seems to have lost her spark. Maybe the thought is, if the female is younger to court/marry, she won't have quite as long to grow and realize she may be unhappy.

Man, like a year ago I thought the Batesess we're going to outnumber the Duggars in grandbaby count soon for sure.  They really seemed have ground to a halt in Bate's wedding/courtship land after Nathan's failed courtship. Now they've only got 4 married children, one of whom is having fertility troubles, and one courting who seems to be taking her time (thankfully). Meanwhile the Duggars are marring their kids off one after another. We've got 4 married children, one engaged, and one courting. The Batesesss really need to get their butts in gear! (this is snark. I don't actually want this)

42 minutes ago, IronicallyMaeve said:

Holy crap. How many pregnancy announcements will we see in the next year?

Jessa seems pretty fertile, so no doubt she'll be expecting again soon. 

Anna is due for another baby this summer.

Jinger will probably be expecting soon, considering the typical order of things.

Joy will probably announce this year, or maybe early next year.

And now Joe.

So probably at least 4 more babies this year, wow! They need to slow down!

It's not abnormal for siblings to be getting engaged/married/having babies all around the same time. What makes it seem so breathtaking in this case is simply how many siblings there are in the Duggar family, and the fact that they are all so attached to/dependent on their family of origin. 

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

Very curious to see what a Duggar boy wedding will get/grift from TLC ....

Yeah, I wonder that too. I don't the Josh/Anna wedding is a good gauge, considering how much has changed since then. I think they'll have to do something as nice as the girls got, simply because it would stick out with all these televised Duggar weddings within a few seasons of each other. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived