IGNORED

Lori Alexander 16: Protecting Men's Jobs from the Assaults of Women

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

It just blows my mind that Lori doesn't get this. :pb_eek:

Perhaps it will be even more shocking that people like me manage to know these sort of "homemaking secrets" while working outside the home! ;)

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, jerkit said:

Microfiber cloths are cheap too! I got packs of 12 for $8 on amazon!

They can't possibly work as well as the ones you could buy from that 'godly' woman Lori knows, though! :naughty:

Thanks! i spent so much time lurcking and read so many times someone spit out their drink. Why did I not get it that the rule "you shall not drink while reading FJ" applies to me too? *face palm* and *off to search for the one clothes that magically can be used for ever surface without needing rinse or washing*

This evening I made chicken for dinner.  Some "chicken juice" dripped on the counter.  I put a paper towel over it to absorb while I finished putting the chicken in the  frying pan,  Then I wiped up the chicken juice.  Got out the bleach cleaner and more paper towels, cleaned the counter area twice, Then threw the paper away and washed my hands thoroughly with very warm water and soap before resuming cooking.

I did not use a nasty Norwex cloth, nor a kitchen sponge, both of which would absorb the "chicken juice" and spread it around:.

Ken, I know you read here so please, please listen.  There is no such thing as "chicken juice" -- it is chicken blood.  Your wife is smearing chicken blood all over your kitchen with that nasty Norwex.

For the sake of your and your family's health, make her stop. Insist on it. Command her if you have to.  If she is as submissive as she says she'll do it because you asked.  If you think you have to, explain what "chicken juice" really is.  But whatever you do -- Make. Her. Stop. Using. The. Norwex.

So what exactly do we know about Dave? Does he have much online presence that we know about, or did he pop up out of the blue? It was mentioned he was grooming her. 

Does anyone else think she is being catfished? Lori seems pretty into him.

I've said it before but i want to  reiterate. I LOVE my Norwex cloths for drying and polishing surfaces. But I use them ONCE to wipe down porcelain/granite AFTER disinfecting, then they get laundered in HOT water. 

They never come close to being in contact with chicken juice/blood. Eeeewwwww.....

From her latest post:

Women today have become so foolish. 

Women today are anything but discreet. Some definitions of being discreet: “careful not to cause embarrassment or attract a lot of attention.”

Another definition of being discreet: “careful and circumspect in one’s speech or actions.” Many women today are the opposite of this. 

I hate to break it to you, Lori, but..... you like to cause embarrassment and you sure love attention! All that arguing against people who disagree is anything but being "careful and circumspect", and allowing the Daves and the Treys to post on your blog is not exactly being careful with your blog. Just saying....

This is from a poem she quotes. My comments are in bold.

I like the “Old Paths”, when Moms were at home.
Dads were at work.   Nice dig at women who go out to work. Some do it because they need to. 

Moms could cook; Dads would work;   Cook, not just make salads, Lori
Husbands were loving; Wives were supportive;  Loving, like Dave? Like Trey? 

Sex was a personal word.   Ah... and there I thought you liked talking about sex....

What.A.Hypocrite!

Does Lori really use her Norwex cloth repeatedly, even after wiping up raw chicken juice, without washing it? Even on their website it says it needs to boiled for 10 minutes!! How can everybody who eats at her house not be constantly sick with salmonella poisoning?

Hey bich! Practice what you preach. You are the epitome of a hypocrite.

With all the cleaning talk, I need to get something off my chest:

I have nowhere near the standards of cleanliness professed by other FJers in this thread. Nowhere. Near. I would describe our house as "cleanish." The tumbleweeds of cat hair are part of the decor. I will eat unwashed apples out of the supermarket bag.

That said, even to me the chicken juice cloth is a horror!!

I have nowhere near the standards of cleanliness professed by other FJers in this thread. Nowhere. Near. I would describe our house as "cleanish." The tumbleweeds of cat hair are part of the decor. I will eat unwashed apples out of the supermarket bag.

I'm right there with you. I have no patience for housework and don't fret too much about sanitizing things. But the whole chicken blood cloth thing gives me the heebie jeebies.

The only place where I'm super neat freaky is in the kitchen, honestly. I think it's because the potential for illness is so great there. Tumbleweeds of cat hair never made anyone barf, at least they haven't in my house. :) 

3 hours ago, Petronella said:

You're not alone. My house tends towards "cluttered" because, well, I don't care. But bathrooms and kitchen are always kept clean -- not "tidy" but actually CLEAN because I have a thing about bacteria. I use disinfectants generously. The idea of reusing a single cloth without any kind of cleaner just gives me the heebie-jeebies. I also have kids with skin conditions, and apart from the stomach issues risk (which Lori should know all about with her and her "parasites"), there's the risk of staph, MRSA, etc. No thanks.

4 hours ago, Petronella said:

Same here. I don't like to clean. I'd much rather cook, garden or do almost anything else.  Right now I'm doing a newspaper round at 4:30 am because I'd rather drag myself out of bed at some un-human hour than go somewhere and clean up after other people. And yes, another good reason for the 4:30 am job is that I want to be there for my kids. I need to work and I need to take care of my family. I'm learning how to juggle both! Does that make me a Harlot of Babylon?  Would I be less of a harlot if I sold overpriced microfibre cloths to other stay-at-home moms?  

Going completely OT here, but I tried to start a home business once. My kids were young and we were strapped for cash.  Let me tell you, It was anything but a walk in the park.  I was constantly stressed out, thinking about sewing and selling, I wasn't getting enough sleep and my kids didn't let me do much. I lasted a little over a year, until just the sound of the sewing machine made me feel sick. I was pregnant and I needed my sleep. 

Ten years later, I've been tutoring kids for a few years and now I'm looking for a good way to make that extra bit of money that will pay for things like haircuts (no, I can't cut hair!), hobbies, class trips (we live in this ungodly European country where homeschooling is against the law), and other little luxuries, like going to visit my family in my home country.  We've gone without for years. I honestly cannot see how me working some hours providing a needed service -tutuoring- and doing a small job in off ours is somehow less "godly" than Lori sitting behind her computer dishing out condemnation and bad "advice".  

5 hours ago, Petronella said:

My DD has eczema, and she's very sensitive to bleach and bleach alternatives. So, I don't have bleach or any sprays with bleach in my home. But I manage to disinfect my home with all-natural products. I also have microfiber cloths, but I still use paper towels to clean up meat juices. I wash my microfiber cloths in hot water and soap often.  I would NEVER EVER do what she did in that video, using a microfiber cloth and not washing it until it fails a smell test.  Just because something looks clean does not mean that it is clean. 

And why are her fridge and pantry so packed when there are only two of them???  I'm not buying the excuse of grandkids coming over.  Is she going to force those very young grandkids to eat bananas by the pound?? 

I also laughed when I saw the salad spinner in the fridge. Lori really loves her salads.  

This may sound weird, but that video made me feel almost sorry for Ken. He gave up whatever dreams he had when he was younger for the Norwex nightmare.  He must have regrets.

*fellow mediocre cleaner here*

To make it worse, I clean most things with paper towels making me much less "green" than I should be. I am very careful about any raw meat touching any surface and keep my counter tops well sanitized during and after cooking. The same goes for eggs. I thoroughly clean anything that might have been touched by raw egg yolk.  

I get a fresh dish towel (or more) out every day and always have a load to wash. When my husband gave me the side eye about this I told him it was because I once saw him wipe something off the floor WITH MY DISH TOWEL and then neatly fold the towel and drape it over the sink. So now, since I can't always trace the chain of evidence as to where that towel has been, I replace it constantly. If a towel is damp and I don't recall drying something with it, it gets thrown into the laundry basket.  

My cleaning  standards were much higher when my kids were home because I set aside a day to clean the house from one end to another. Now, I guess I feel like I can get to it any time and "any time" does not come like it should. I have not quite found a cleaning day groove since we are empty nesters. Having said that, our house is clean enough that I don't panic when someone drops by. 

10 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

our house is clean enough that I don't panic when someone drops by. 

I'm working on keeping my house consistently clean enough for that very reason.  It's a work in progress.

3 minutes ago, onemama said:

I'm working on keeping my house consistently clean enough for that very reason.  It's a work in progress.

I mainly try to make sure the "public rooms" are clean and uncluttered. Now if people walked upstairs and looked into the bedrooms...that could prove embarrassing. Like you, it is a work in progress. We tend to use our empty bedrooms as catch-alls now that the kids are gone. Bad habit. 

I like Clorox and Lysol wipes. Easy and quick way to clean and disinfect after raw meat.  But unlike Lori, I just clean a small area with each wipe - don't want to spread anything.

Parts of my house are a bit cluttered.  My grandmother used to say "God didn't put me on this earth just to clean a house."  Too bad that Lori didn't learn anything from this older, godly woman.

Arrrrgh! from today's post:

A male commenter posted this reply to an earlier blog post

To be the weaker vessel doesn’t mean you are nothing and should be walked on. Being the weaker vessel gives you the opportunity to be strong through your obedience and submission.

Wives are not instructed to be "the weaker vessel". Husbands are told to give honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel.  Peter didn't say "tell your wife she's the weaker vessel" or "demand submission from her because she's the weaker vessel".  Weaker vessel is used as an analogy and should inspire honor, not domination. 

Your husband DOES have the RIGHT to enforce the rules in the home. That is all part of the verse in Genesis 3:16, “and he shall rule over you.”

The husband was never told to rule over his wife. Not in one single passage. Never. 

He does have the right to tell her she can’t do something. He DOES have the RIGHT to take away things from her and the right to use some sort of light punishment if her behavior is disrespectful and disobedient. And even cutting up her credit cards if her spending is getting out of hand. She is not honoring and submitting. She is being disrespectful. She is showing that she wants to be free from his GOD GIVEN authority. They show they do not trust God or their Husband to lead. They show that they don’t like God’s role for them as the weaker vessel. And to me, it shows that they do not understand what being the weaker vessel really means.

Please, provide a chapter and verse to support this perceived "god-given right".  I'll save you your time. It's not in there. You won't find it. 

Your last sentences tell me you don't understand what it means for YOU to GIVE HONOR to your wife AS TO THE WEAKER VESSEL.  

These people make me so mad. They are so wrong! This is sickening. Horrible. The worst abuse of Scripture. 

I love you. Thank you.

Our house is lived in. And nothing is disinfected but the cutting board after meat or poultry has been on it.

I am totally on board with the theories that we are disinfecting our way to increases in allergies and creating superbugs. We need to calm down.

In the comments of the Beauty and the Beast post, one of Lori's readers tattled to her about another blogger:

Thank you for writing about this, Lori. I am alarmed by two female Christian bloggers I had been following, who have written favorably about this movie. I attempted to comment on the indoctrination aspect and was called a hypocrite. Here are the articles, if you decide you want to follow up:

***I edited out the links...I hate to link another blogger to the train wreck that is Lori.  If you want to see them, you can go look in the comment section.***

Lori immediately hands down the following indictment:

The last blog post doesn’t understand Jesus at all. Yes, He is loving and kind but He also hates sin and commands that we “sin no more.” She fails to understand Romans 1 and her perception of Christianity is simply to love and do good works but fails to teach the repentance and obedience part of it. I very much disagree with this statement: “And if you are one of my gay friends, and you read this and heard me hating you or disrespecting you or looking down on you, hear me now: I love you. I love you more than you think I do. I pray for you–not to not be gay. I pray you have a good day, that your kids are protected and grow up kind and strong. I pray you are happy and loved. I pray you’ll know Jesus in an intimate and amazing way. I pray you’ll know His love for you. And mine.”

I have six gay men that I know personally and I love and pray for them frequently that they will come to repentance and obey the Lord Jesus. I care a lot more about their eternal souls than I do just “loving” them. We are commanded to speak the TRUTH in love. She has failed to speak truth.

Yeah, "loving" people is so overrated.  It's not like it's the second greatest commandment or anything.

Oh, yeah...

Matthew 22:36-40

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment.  And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Is she really saying she strongly disagrees with a woman for praying for gay people? 

Lori knows six gay men?

I thought caring for eternal souls is loving. Wow, just wow. 

12 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Is she really saying she strongly disagrees with a woman for praying for gay people? 

Lori knows six gay men?

I thought caring for eternal souls is loving. Wow, just wow. 

I read it over and over again, and while I STRONGLY disagree with the "I pray for you not to be gay" bit, I can't for the life of me figure out what Lori is objecting to.

Except that (while WAYYYYYY off base), the woman doesn't come across as a complete shrew. She expressed love, and Lori immediately put love in quotes, like it's some modern, secular notion that she wants no part of.  

I am honestly not convinced that Lori is capable of feeling love.

I read it over and over again, and while I STRONGLY disagree with the "I pray for you not to be gay" bit, I can't for the life of me figure out what Lori is objecting to.
Except that (while WAYYYYYY off base), the woman doesn't come across as a complete shrew. She expressed love, and Lori immediately put love in quotes, like it's some modern, secular notion that she wants no part of.  

I am honestly not convinced that Lori is capable of feeling love.

Love is just one of those feelings that makes women weak. We need to be cultivating our crass judgmentalism instead.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived