IGNORED

Lori Alexander 16: Protecting Men's Jobs from the Assaults of Women

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt Walsh may not be a complete dick to his wife, but he is his own special brand of despicable. He is obnoxiously and hatefully anti-feminist, anti-LGTBQ, anti-liberal, anti-Persons of Colour, and anti-any higher education. He praised Ted Cruz ad neauseum during the elections and would love nothing better than to see America turn into a theocracy. He would actually agree with Lori regarding a "woman's place". He is a better writer, and has a sense of humour, which makes him more appealing to a larger audience, but he espouses some appalling opinions. If you want to weep over the current state of humanity, just visit the comment section on his Facebook. 

10 hours ago, treehugger said:

Matt Walsh may not be a complete dick to his wife, but he is his own special brand of despicable. He is obnoxiously and hatefully anti-feminist, anti-LGTBQ, anti-liberal, anti-Persons of Colour, and anti-any higher education. He praised Ted Cruz ad neauseum during the elections and would love nothing better than to see America turn into a theocracy. He would actually agree with Lori regarding a "woman's place". He is a better writer, and has a sense of humour, which makes him more appealing to a larger audience, but he espouses some appalling opinions. If you want to weep over the current state of humanity, just visit the comment section on his Facebook. 

Well, there go all my plans for a productive day today. I'm only a few posts down and I can't stop reading. :pb_eek:  It's easy to see why Lori loves this guy. He's exactly the man she can only wish Ken could be.

Lori's post today sure is interesting.  Here's why.  Yesterday, on her post I remember another person talking about her experience watching This Is Us (Hint: There was lots of pearl clutching).  Anyway, I didn't think much more about it, but I am almost positive that it was not Lori.

Today, her post reflects that reader's experience almost perfectly, expect Lori is telling it as if it happened to her.  

I thought that perhaps I misread and it really was Lori's story, but when I went back to look at the comments from yesterday, that woman's were gone.

One of two things happened.  Either Lori made that comment under a different name (which I don't think happened), or Lori is passing off a reader's story as her own.  OR, I am totally losing it.  Who knows...

Anyway, here's the Take Home Message:

Lori has been in a dither about media since it was announced that Beauty and the Beast would have a gay character.  

She's spending her morning busily arguing with readers, and in the process, someone said something interesting.

Reader:

I gave up Downton Abbey for the same reasons.

Gave up Downton Abbey, she says?  Surely, it couldn't have had a gay scene (never watched it), because Lori has carried on for DAYS about no "true" Christian being willing to watch such a thing.  And yet....

Lori Alexander:

Downton Abbey is one of my all time favorites.

It is on PBS and set in a fictional Yorkshire Country Estate and the series begins when the Titanic sunk.  The clothing is so beautiful and modest.  I don't think you ever even see cleavage!  Every episode is very decent except for one short scene where a man tries to kiss another man.  

But...but...Lori would never watch a gay scene, even a short one!  Except, she totally would, and then she'd mock and criticize her readers for doing the same thing.

Anyway, yet again, Lori provides ample opportunity to point out her glaring hypocrisy.  It kind of makes this exchange even more pathetic:

Reader:

I do plan to see the film with my 16 year old daughter but I know many dont feel right seeing it and that is fine. We are very careful with movies that glamorize premarital sex, etc and our kids. But in this case, i dont think it is that big of a deal for us.

Lori:

We need to follow the clear commands of His Word, Lisa, and He makes it clear how we are to live.

Reader:

I agree. And I DO deny it. And I teach my children to deny it. Seeing a movie with sin in it isn't ACCEPTING the sin. I dare say there isn't a movie made that doesn't have sin in it.

And btw, if I had heard that the homosexual scene was more overt, I personally would not care to see that. But being that it is singing / declaring his affection for same sex, I don't feel the need to hide that from my daughter

Lori:

Satan is very subtle and we are commanded to flee sexual immorality for a very good reason. I would never want to support with my money a deadly activity that was a reason for the destruction of two entire cities.

(except when it's Downton Abbey...then it's okay, right Lori?)

Reader:

I agree with what you say. it is very serious.  I just don't see this particular scene serious.

Lori (who knows all) says:

Then you don't believe homosexuality is a serious sin since this is the intent by the director of the movie.

Reader:

With all due respect, you most certainly do not know what I "believe". Please don't judge me. That is the problem I have with many Christians. So quick to judge and point out the overt sins and don't even realize the mental attitude sins can be MORE devastating. Yes we are to judge righteously what is right and wrong but we must realize that God works on different people differently. The strong and weak believer in Romans 14. If doing something is sin TO THEM, then for THEM it is sin. If you don't think it's right to go to a certain movie, then by all means, do not! And I completely get it. But please be careful not to judge others who might look at it differently.

Lori:

We are commanded to exhort one another daily because of the deceitfulness of sin so this is what I must do. "But exhort one another daily, while it is called today; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin" (Heb. 3:13). When the director plainly states his agenda is to normalize homosexuality Christians should flee.

Again, what a hypocrite.  

And something else too...the last time a reader tried to "exhort" Queen Lori, Lori promptly informed her that she didn't need correction from her, because she has chosen people in her real life to hold her accountable.  Funny how when Lori is "exhorting" others, it "must be done", but when they "exhort" her, she firmly slaps them down.

Lori (after being "exhorted" by one of her readers):

Thank you for explaining, Amy, but you don’t need to hold me accountable. I have plenty of godly people, especially my husband, holding me accountable. Blessings!

@Koala , I haven't read the rest of your comment yet, but I just wanted to let you know that it was indeed Lori who watched This Is Us and then wrote about it in her chat room, deciding to share her thoughts also with the rest of us on her regular FB page (Lori: "Since my post today was about being careful what we watch, I'm going to share with you what I shared with the women in the chat room earlier."). 

Apparently several people had told her how great the show was so she decided to give it a try. Despite male nudity and a man in bed with two women in the very first couple of scenes of the very first show, she persevered through at least FOUR EPISODES before deciding it was too sinful to watch. :my_dodgy: 

I'm sure she just wanted to be absolutely positive that that first glimpse of a man's naked butt wasn't the only one. :dance:

22 minutes ago, Loveday said:

@Koala , I haven't read the rest of your comment yet, but I just wanted to let you know that it was indeed Lori who watched This Is Us and then wrote about it in her chat room, deciding to share her thoughts also with the rest of us on her regular FB page (Lori: "Since my post today was about being careful what we watch, I'm going to share with you what I shared with the women in the chat room earlier."). 

Apparently several people had told her how great the show was so she decided to give it a try. Despite male nudity and a man in bed with two women in the very first couple of scenes of the very first show, she persevered through at least FOUR EPISODES before deciding it was too sinful to watch. :my_dodgy: 

I'm sure she just wanted to be absolutely positive that that first glimpse of a man's naked butt wasn't the only one. :dance:

I read that part.  But I also remember another woman making those exact same comments yesterday (even the part about the threesome), and today those comments are gone.  So weird.

1 minute ago, Koala said:

I read that part.  But I also remember another woman making those exact same comments yesterday (even the part about the threesome), and today those comments are gone.  So weird.

That IS weird. I must have missed all that (which surprises me, I stalk Lori's FB page relentlessly, I'm ashamed to say :pb_redface: ).

7 minutes ago, Loveday said:

That IS weird.

Yeah, I remember it, because the woman went on and on detailing just how appalling it was. 

Lori is notoriously bad about "borrowing" other people's material, so I kept expecting to see (in teeny, tiny print) that it was a comment from one of her readers, but nope...she seems to be implying that this happened to her.

It's so weird, but then Lori gets up to some weird things. 

Or like I said, maybe I am just losing it...pretty sure I'm not, but who knows :pb_lol:  The fact that the FB comments from yesterday are gone, tells me they were deleted for a reason.

@Koala You're not losing it. I have no doubt that Lori would delete those comments and then pass the story off as her own. She's done similar things so many times that we all know she's completely  capable of it. 

She's also completely capable of watching those four episodes and totally enjoying them--but never in a million years admitting it! :laughing-rolling:

The gay scene in Downtown is mild, but these godly women live in such a bubble that they are just shocked by the slightest appearance of what goes on in the real world. There is another scene where the eldest daughter, Mary, has out of wedlock sex with a house visitor. Scandalous for the times and still is for Lori. They don't show any nudity, its just implied. Another scene she would hate is when Lord Grantham kisses one of the housemaids, but quickly regrets its and their could be affair was stopped. Oh and the other naughty part is when Lady Edith gets pregnant out of wedlock. All very real things that happens in the real world, even in the days "of old".

Funny how Lori doesn't want to spend her money on such movies with such depravity, but you know she doesn't wants to spend her money on widows either. She only spends money when it truly benefits her. 

Lori is more in touch with pop culture than I am. I learned first from her about Brad and Angelina, about this new Beauty and the Beast movie, and now about this "this is us" show. Never heard of! Yet she claims she avoids all this worldy, celebrity crap. 

Koala, I am curious how long ago did she say Downton was her favorite? I think if in the past year that give more context to the nuttiness of her saying she doesn't like it now. Even better if she said it last month and now this month changed her mind, LOL, that is like her though.

Also to add to throw out a whole series of shows like Downton because of a few questionable scenes is to throw out the baby with the bath water. There are a lot of good lesson in that show. 

Today's notebook doodle:

Oh, please.  Lori tries to make reading a book while nursing sound bad, but this is what SHE did while her babies nursed:

Lori Alexander:

When a baby bit me when nursing, I flicked their cheek once.  They never bit me again.  It worked!  Pain is a great teacher.

Many people believe pain and suffering are bad things.  They are not.

Boy, did I get it  from some of you for flicking my babies' cheeks when they were nursing and bit me.  I only had to do it once to each of them and they stopped.  I did it hard enough that they cried.  I didn't want my breast bitten into.  I meant business.  I wasn't going to fool around with them in this area.  They were not going to get away with it.

And the bit about mothers leaving their babies for someone else to look after?  Yeah, Lori just didn't want to work.  She still left her babies to be cared for by others.  It can't be said enough:

Lori Alexander:

Lucy was a Nanny sent from heaven who never wanted to let Cassi cry, so she held her hours a day.

Its funny to compare humans to animals. Isn't that suggesting humans are just lowly animals then? They don't like comparing humans to animals when it comes to sexual matters. We are higher beings than just some animals humping in a field and should wait till marriage. 

This is probably one of her most offensive doodles on this theme. It sure implies you don't love God unless you stay home. Nevermind the women who are submitting to their husband by working or because they have to. 

26 minutes ago, Koala said:

Today's notebook doodle:

Oh, please.  Lori tries to make reading a book while nursing sound bad, but this is what SHE did while her babies nursed:

Lori Alexander:

And the bit about mothers leaving their babies for someone else to look after?  Yeah, Lori just didn't want to work.  She still left her babies to be cared for by others.  It can't be said enough:

Lori Alexander:

I don't understand what part is a Nancy Campbell quotation, and what part is Lori. All I see is one quote mark followed by the attribution in parentheses. I assume that's the end quote, but where did it begin? Is the other quote mark there and I'm just missing it on my ipad screen! (Very possible!)

animals instinctivly ....

vs 

God's ways are not instinctivly

should i behave like an animal or listen to an old woman?

if the former, can i choose which animal? like bonobos (have sex for fun and relieving stress ?) or choose a different fittest male every time i am fertile (let's see who will be "husband of the month": please open your wallets) or those where femals lead the group/herd/pack?

if the latter, i will listen to those women who have experiense with troubles i (might) face? F.i. working to make money and juggle household chores, proper child care, patience with teenagers and eldery parents with recling physical health/dementia). Lori's rants do not help at all or are simply unexeptable. 

Bottle-feeding being ungodly: Here we have very strict regulations concerning commercials for formulas. You need to state clearly that breastfeeding is preferred, Bottle-feeding is always only second best. So what i read on the link provided above, "for those who want", is considered illegal here.
However even here women are very, very strongly discouraged from breastfeeding if they require constant medication which will pass to the child. I know a toddler who would have had serious health problems if his mother would have "done as God intended". I think God enjoys the laughter of this happy, energetic cutie way more than this hypocrite.
But i am only a young, easily deceived woman who would have starved at infancy; so what do i know?

1 hour ago, Petronella said:

All I see is one quote mark followed by the attribution in parentheses

So do i. I am using an android mobile. I can see clearly. It is missing. 

But at least she didn't just copy+paste someone's work and claim to be hers. We are getting there, soon, Lori. 

Lori's kids would have been better off if she had bottle-fed.  She could have passed them off to the nanny for feeding, and had one less reason to hit them.  

Oh, who am I kidding, Lori found all kinds of reasons to hit her kids.  Move during a diaper change?  Lori hits.  Crawl?  Lori hits.  Spill raisins? Lori hits.  

5 hours ago, Koala said:

The clothing is so beautiful and modest.  I don't think you ever even see cleavage! 

Keep in mind this comment is coming from a woman who wore a dress cut nearly down to her waist.

My partner's friend had a child a month early and wanted to breastfeed. We went to visit a couple of days after and she was in tears because her daughter couldn't get the hang of it, had lost weight and there was poor milk supply. She made the decision to use formula and never looked back. Kid's almost 3 and has more energy and personality than everyone combined. If her mum had stuck with the breastfeeding it could have been disastrous. But then this is from someone who doesn't believe in flicking babies' cheeks either. [emoji14]

I breastfed #1 for 6 weeks. It was hell as my milk never really came in. she would nurse for over an hour until she fell asleep, exhausted for her efforts, only to wake up an hour later starving. At her 6 week check, after she still hadn't gained her birth weight and I was a walking zombie, all the advice I got from my health visitor was, 'well if you really wanted to do it, it would just happen'. After that check up, I bought some formula, went home, cried for days and resigned myself to the terrible parent I must have been.

After #2 was born prematurely and very poorly, I was offered the use of an electric breast pump at the hospital. After a week of pumping regularly, my best attempt was 1oz in 45 mins. I gave up, and spent the time cuddling my baby instead, contented that my decision was correct for her. 

Yes Breast feeding is beautiful and natural, and I wish to goodness I could have done it, but what's most important is happy momma for happy baby. 

As far as I'm concerned, Lori was privileged to be able to nurse her babies. A privilege she abused by flicking their cheeks to cause pain and suffering, whilst putting herself on a pedestal for being a wonderful mother..... 

12 hours ago, Red Jumper said:

Bottle-feeding being ungodly: Here we have very strict regulations concerning commercials for formulas. You need to state clearly that breastfeeding is preferred, Bottle-feeding is always only second best. So what i read on the link provided above, "for those who want", is considered illegal here.
However even here women are very, very strongly discouraged from breastfeeding if they require constant medication which will pass to the child. I know a toddler who would have had serious health problems if his mother would have "done as God intended". I think God enjoys the laughter of this happy, energetic cutie way more than this hypocrite.
But i am only a young, easily deceived woman who would have starved at infancy; so what do i know?

I hate the overwhelming "breast is best" extreme. I was not able to successfully breastfeed for reasons that are absolutely no-one's business. Having to justify it over and over again was exhausting and demoralizing. My kids are doing great. I loathe the breast police.

46 minutes ago, Petronella said:

I hate the overwhelming "breast is best" extreme. I was not able to successfully breastfeed for reasons that are absolutely no-one's business. Having to justify it over and over again was exhausting and demoralizing. My kids are doing great. I loathe the breast police.

By the time I was having my babies in 2003, the view was that a healthy baby was more important than whether a mother breastfed or bottle fed.  The arguments and comparisons were still on, of course.   

I believe most mothers want to do what's best for their babies. That's more important than anything else. 

14 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I had never hear of Matt Walsh until i read about hi here.  This is Matt Walsh?  http://gawker.com/jesus-would-hate-this-christian-blogger-just-as-much-as-1707080093

What a vile disgusting excuse for a human being.  Why is a devout zealous Catholic being a cheerleader for fundies? 

Matt Walsh is Catholic? Roman Catholic?  Wow.... I guess that explains some of his wording and the absence of some typical "Evangelicalese" terms in his writings. 

I'm not a fan of the man.  I followed some of the links from that article to find that I don't think he knows what he's about at all.  But then he's way too young and doesn't have enough experience to weigh in on some of the subjects he's taking on.  For example, I remember a while back he said his wife would homeschool. The latest I read (from my digging the other day), the kids go to preschool and she runs a "little business".  Perhaps I should foward that information to Lori? ;) 

The more Lori prattles on about men being strong, women are the weaker vessel shit, the more I'm convinced she (and Ken) are closet fetishists.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived