IGNORED

Seewalds 17 - My Name is No

choralcrusader8613

Jumping on the fur baby train!  I have a not so bright terrier mix--he really is stupid, but loves me to death :)  A itty bitty kitty,  5 pounds tops, very very shy with too many toes...and lastly big ole' fat grumpy cat.  While she pretends to hate everyone, her favorite spot to be is on the back of my chair grooming my hair :D  If she isn't grooming me, she at least has one paw on my head.  Yup, all strange little creatures, but I love them all <3    

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My sweet blue point Luna died last month very unexpectedly.  I met a cat today at an adoption event and I put in an application for him. I hope that they will approve me!

IMG_0837.JPG

@Alisamer That was me asking about Bojangles! Glad to know they are still around, I'll have to seek one out next time I'm down south. We have Popeyes up here too, but I agree--no contest, Bojangles all the way!

44 minutes ago, Lurker said:

My sweet blue point Luna died last month very unexpectedly.  I met a cat today at an adoption event and I put in an application for him. I hope that they will approve me!

IMG_0837.JPG

Awww, beautiful girl. Hope you get approved for the new kitteh.

2 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Have you heard of Tom Cox? He's an English author with multiple cats, most of them quite old, and his oldest cat, who was a bit internet famous (twitter @mysadcat) passed recently aged 21.

OMG. I follow @mysadcat on Twitter but have only been able to sporadically check Twitter in the past few months. I had no idea that Sad Cat died! 

Also: just wanted to send condolences to everyone who lost a pet recently. I'm sorry all. I know how painful it is. 

4 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I feel a teensy bit bad for her that she really does have so little control in her life.

I don't feel bad for her at all. She's 24-years-old. At this point, if she has this little control over her life, it's because she traded control of her life for a spot on a reality show and a free house. She could give back the free house, remove herself from the show, and she and Ben could go out and get jobs, support themselves and have as much control over their lives as they want.

The ones I feel bad for are the under-18's who really are trapped in that hellish, no-control life their crappy parents created for them. 

Here's Lily. She came into my life as my husband's cat 5 years ago. We're bff's now, mostly because I'm at home in the daytime. She's 18 and very arthritic. She still has her bossy, fiesty, sweet personality. She hates to be held and rarely sits in your lap. But she loves to cuddle in bed and demands to be between your arm and body. These days she spends her time sleeping in close proximity to us and otherwise demanding pets and attention. She's pretty spoiled. It's hard to say no to an old lady who limps around.

IMG_20150224_121848.jpg

6 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

More top contenders:

Chrysostom

Mather

Ravenhill

Zacharias

and my personal favorite, Wigglesworth.

Why, yes, I am googling preachers on a Saturday night. :pb_lol:

You'll get really weird ads now. :giggle:

17 hours ago, MargaretElliott said:

@PecanThief are you aware that you have a baby Luckdragon living in your home? The Neverending Story was a favorite of mine growing up, and I immediately thought of Falkor when I saw your pup!

Haha yes I've never seen that movie but I get told she looks like Falkor all the time!

8 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

I don't feel bad for her at all. She's 24-years-old. At this point, if she has this little control over her life, it's because she traded control of her life for a spot on a reality show and a free house. She could give back the free house, remove herself from the show, and she and Ben could go out and get jobs, support themselves and have as much control over their lives as they want.

The ones I feel bad for are the under-18's who really are trapped in that hellish, no-control life their crappy parents created for them. 

I do feel for her to an extent - she was raised in a cult that taught her that her one and only value as a human being was to have children.  She grew up under the uber control of her father, was not able to make any independent decisions and was home schooled so she had little exposure to a world outside of the fundy life.  She also spent a majority of her her life in a situation (the TV show), that her PARENTS chose for her, which to her is probably a pretty normal way to live now.  

She's never had control over her own life, so maybe she thinks what she's doing now, actually is. 

You guys ever wonder what Spurgeon would have been named if he was a girl? Would they have saddled a girl with a unique name? Are there any Christian "heroes of the faith" in their book?

17 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

We've done different litters, different boxes, separate boxes (we currently have 7 boxes for the 3 cats, including one that only he uses), keeping the cats separate, anti-stress/urinary prescription food, Feliway plug-ins, calming collars and an anti-stress jacket... The other cats are now more relaxed about him since we've mostly kept them separate, but his issues have not gone away.

It's complicated because the cat will use the tray in his own room, but when he's not in that room he seems to forget it's there - he doesn't ever go back to that  room to use the box if he's not in there. So I'm not even that sure it is a stress issue, although clearly he is intimidated by the other cats and will avoid going near them unless there's food on offer.

And we actually can't keep him in that room 24/7 because it is my stepson's room/guest room so when someone is in that room he has to stay outside, which as a FIV cat he's not supposed to do.

Also, what's the point of having a cat if you can never have him in the room where you are but have to visit him in his "toilet cell"? Though I guess there is a point if the alternative is the cat being dead.

I had a cat, Bob, who peed on canvas-y type bags, or any plastic bags left out. Occasionally, just clothing left on the floor. It got my son to put away his things, and wh her we had overnight guests, they had to be told about it, too.

BTW, an  FIV+ cat doesn't need to be kept isolated from other cats- not unless there is seriously down-and-dirty fighting expected, where DEEP bite wounds are likely.

2 hours ago, Mela99 said:

You guys ever wonder what Spurgeon would have been named if he was a girl? Would they have saddled a girl with a unique name? Are there any Christian "heroes of the faith" in their book?

The Seewalds must have only boys. Not only do we want to avoid sister moms, but everyone knows heroes of the faith are only men (at least in their way if thinking, not in ours).

Other than maybe Mary or other biblical names I can't think of any female "defenders of the faith" or whatever they called it ... that and they wouldn't want a "unique" name to distract from her countenance and not be able to marry her off

27 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Other than maybe Mary or other biblical names I can't think of any female "defenders of the faith" or whatever they called it ... that and they wouldn't want a "unique" name to distract from her countenance and not be able to marry her off

There are a lot of female defenders of the faith... But they're saints to evil Catholics! 

31 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Not so sure they wouldn't go "unique"...Sauntina LaVerle?  Oops, taken.

There's always a "yes, but" to any pity I feel for the Bateses or Duggars. Yes, Alyssa was raised in a cult that didn't respect her bodily autonomy...But she'll now do the same to her children. Yes, Jessa was taught that molestation is your own fault...But now she'll do the same if, God forbid, that happens to anyone she knows. 

At some point, while trauma may always affect you, you have adult choices you could make. 

I know that we will get the baby's name tomorrow but it really feels like for now that he's "He who shall not be named." Come on guys! I know watch Counting On and find out what abomination of a name we gave to this innocent! 

This is our dog. He's 10 1/2 years old, loves cuddling stuffed animals and enjoys some quiet time when our son is at day care. He was supposed to be a watch dog but is literally scared of everything, including falling shower racks (which actually happened to us...), rain, wind, balloons and babies :-)

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I looked up women of the temperence movement. I think fundamentalists who go for Calvinism and fire and brimstone preachers, might draw girls names from that moment.

Some are cute. I really like Nellie, especially.

https://www.alcoholproblemsandsolutions.org/women-leaders-of-temperance/

Since Bin & Blessa love their Nazi/Holocaust references so much I'm guessing there will be a Dietrich or Bonhoeffer somewhere in #2's name. Poor little fella.

Edited to say Bonhoeffer was an exceptional man who truly understood what it meant to be a Christian who defends and loves those who are suffering/oppressed.

My nephew's sister in law had her baby on Monday - same day as Jessa - and she just announced his birth and his name today to people outside of the family.

He is not named Tozer, however.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived