IGNORED

Seewalds 17 - My Name is No

choralcrusader8613

33 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

According to Guinn's FB, Ben and Jessa decided on a name for the new baby on Thursday.

Yeah, Monday is definitely the reveal date. Wonder what the precious baby's name will be? :P 

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

According to Guinn's FB, Ben and Jessa decided on a name for the new baby on Thursday.

Holy Thursday Seewald?

1 hour ago, Lizzybet said:

I was diagnosed with RA almost eleven years ago. I was prescribed, in order, hydroxychloroquine, methotrexate, then Enbrel w/ methotrexate. The hydroxychloroquinine didn't seem to help, at all. When I went into a full medication induced remission, my rheumatologist stopped methotrexate (at my request) but kept me on Enbrel.

Almost six years ago, I went from being vegetarian to vegan, and after a few fairly lengthy medication breaks in order to complete dental surgery, and two other surgeries due to RA joint damage, yet continuing to have no discomfort or clinical signs (verified by lab testing) of any disease activity, I went on a medication vacation- no RA meds of any kind. I stayed in remission for over two years, but flared abruptly and significantly, and was put back on Enbrel last May.

All that time, and still now, I eat lots and lots of legumes. I think being vegan and not eating beans just sounds too sad. That being said, if there were some definitive study, I'd scrap beans. 

I'm currently testing as 'no disease activity' again, but I would dearly love to get off Enbrel, and not require any heavy duty RA meds, though I am very grateful to live in a time where we have such drugs.

Would somebody please direct me to where I can get more information on the connection between the consumption of  legumes and inflammation? I could Google it, but my tablet's about to run down, and will be reading on my phone. Such a pain!

Thank you.

I have a book which I just checked "The Autoimmune Solution" which sites legumes as causing inflammation. By Dr. Amy Myers. 

Check Amazon for rheumatoid arthritis in books and the read the comments. You can also go to Barnes and Noble and check out their offerings. That is where I picked this up. 

Best of luck. Also she and others talk about vitamin deficiencies and such. She is an M.D. Which gives confidence I would think, to readers of her book.

@PecanThief are you aware that you have a baby Luckdragon living in your home? The Neverending Story was a favorite of mine growing up, and I immediately thought of Falkor when I saw your pup!

No pics, but my dog-godson (dogson?) is a Northern Inuit, the same breed of dog they used for direwolves in Game of Thrones. With his coloring, he looks just like a wolf. I feel quite safe when I'm dogsitting him. Nobody will mess with a girl who's got a wolf!

I look forward to seeing what ridiculousness Ben and Jessa have chosen. I don't know what would make me laugh harder, something completely out there, or something completely normal. 

30 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I have a book which I just checked "The Autoimmune Solution" which sites legumes as causing inflammation. By Dr. Amy Myers. 

Check Amazon for rheumatoid arthritis in books and the read the comments. You can also go to Barnes and Noble and check out their offerings. That is where I picked this up. 

Best of luck. Also she and others talk about vitamin deficiencies and such. She is an M.D. Which gives confidence I would think, to readers of her book.

I have a hard time believing legumes cause inflammation but I'm no doctor and you have to do the diet that works for you. I'm more of the belief that no real food (non artificial) causes inflammation per se but those that tend to spike blood sugar faster are often associated with inflammation as they are associated with poorer insulin control. But maybe there is something else I'm unaware of?

22 minutes ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I have a hard time believing legumes cause inflammation but I'm no doctor and you have to do the diet that works for you. I'm more of the belief that no real food (non artificial) causes inflammation per se but those that tend to spike blood sugar faster are often associated with inflammation as they are associated with poorer insulin control. But maybe there is something else I'm unaware of?

You don't have to believe it!!! I was trying to offer helpful information as requested!! The only way to truly know if it is a problem for you is an elimination diet. Been there with my son and it was all true. It is a lot of work. 

I always step up and offer any info I know if I can. Once at work a woman from Ghana was talking about her 13 yr old daughter and the awful stomach problems and lack of weight gain. I suggested celiac. Bingo!!! Her husband just asked where I had been their whole lives and their daughter jumped on the bandwagon and worked with the diet and her health completely turned around. Thanks to my suggestion. Yeah!! 

@DaniLouisiana lil girl is right at 10lbs. Big stupid is 16lbs. When I got them, lil girl was bigger than big stupid. He was the less cuddly one when they were babies...now it's switched...they're loads of fun, funny, sassy, occasionally destructive and cover my house in cat hair. 

everytime i read the thread title, i always think they've named the kid noah.

and then i realise it's not and the megan trainor song gets stuck in my head.

Here are my parakeets.  They're having flight time today.

Talvi (my husband;s) found the booze and Lumi (my daughter's) went back home.

IMG_0060-1.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG

@Captain Obvious Zayne may just not like the type of litter you are using, or he may not feel entitled to use the same boxes as the other cats.

I would suggest getting a new box for him, and trying out different types of litters. You can also buy litter additives at petsmart (Dr. _____'s cat attract litter additives) to add to the litter - there is also a brand of litter called cat attract by the same company. Both worked very well to lure two of my rescues into the litter box habit.

Another friend has a rescue who cannot comprehend litter boxes, but does fine on puppy pads.  Cats are weird. Don't give up. I'm sure there are lots of other ideas on line that can help.

As well, sometimes litter box problems are worsened by stress, so zylkene and/or feliway air diffusers can help relax the tension and get them away from that habit. There are even collars that contain pheromones that help cats relax. One of my guys comes from an abuse situation and will sometimes regress and need the collar and or zylkene for a while. Getting the dental work done will probably also help quite a bit.

I'm enjoying seeing everyone's pets while waiting on Benessa to tell us the name. My avatar is my youngest cat Bebop.  She is silently judging Derrick for the sled incident, hehe.  

Wednesday night I had to put my 20 year old tabby Skooter to sleep and 2 weeks before that my kitty Zuki passed.  I can't even describe how sad I am.   But seeing everyone elses pets in the thread has been helping.  

Reading all of your wonderfully snarky posts has made me smile too, so thanks for that.

2 minutes ago, CatsRevenge said:

Wednesday night I had to put my 20 year old tabby Skooter to sleep and 2 weeks before that my kitty Zuki passed.  I can't even describe how sad I am.   But seeing everyone elses pets in the thread has been helping.  

Oh...I am so sorry...sending you much love and hugs. 

3 minutes ago, CatsRevenge said:

I'm enjoying seeing everyone's pets while waiting on Benessa to tell us the name. My avatar is my youngest cat Bebop.  She is silently judging Derrick for the sled incident, hehe.  

Reading all of your wonderfully snarky posts has made me smile too, so thanks for that.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had to put down my cat of 14 years down a few weeks ago due to cancer spreading to the lungs. I didn't realize how much losing a pet could truly break your heart.

13 minutes ago, CatsRevenge said:

I'm so sorry. It's probably the hardest, but one of the most loving thing we can do for a pet.

I'm glad you have Bebop to keep you company through your grief.

Hugs

Thank you all so very much :my_heart:  Bebop is doing her best to help.  She is also a rescue and really makes me laugh at just how wonderfully weird she acts sometimes.  I have a lovely scratch across my chin where she got too excited during a cuddlefest last night :)  

I appreciate this site and everyone here so much.  You have all gotten me through the last couple of weeks!

2 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I am too, because based on only my own experience, my full remission occurred when I was probably eating more beans than I had at any other time in my life.

I would really like to read an impartial study, with peer reviews or whatever else is usually included with such research and conclusions.

I do appreciate your response @2manyKidzzz, and will check for the title at the library. Hoping it's available for Kindle!

@CatsRevenge & @OldFadedStar I'm so sorry for your losses. I'm watching my own babies play and though they are 7 and 2, I am dreading the day that they are not with me. Losing them is the hardest part, they don't live nearly long enough. :group-hug:

At everyone who recently has lost there cat, sorry for your losses, up till know I only lost cast due to ripe old age of 22. I posted about my parents cat earlier. He is still with us, but we don't know for how long. He has just been diagnosed with dry FIP.

5 hours ago, Lizzybet said:

I was diagnosed with RA almost eleven years ago. I was prescribed, in order, hydroxychloroquine, methotrexate, then Enbrel w/ methotrexate. The hydroxychloroquinine didn't seem to help, at all. When I went into a full medication induced remission, my rheumatologist stopped methotrexate (at my request) but kept me on Enbrel.

Almost six years ago, I went from being vegetarian to vegan, and after a few fairly lengthy medication breaks in order to complete dental surgery, and two other surgeries due to RA joint damage, yet continuing to have no discomfort or clinical signs (verified by lab testing) of any disease activity, I went on a medication vacation- no RA meds of any kind. I stayed in remission for over two years, but flared abruptly and significantly, and was put back on Enbrel last May.

All that time, and still now, I eat lots and lots of legumes. I think being vegan and not eating beans just sounds too sad. That being said, if there were some definitive study, I'd scrap beans. 

I'm currently testing as 'no disease activity' again, but I would dearly love to get off Enbrel, and not require any heavy duty RA meds, though I am very grateful to live in a time where we have such drugs.

Would somebody please direct me to where I can get more information on the connection between the consumption of  legumes and inflammation? I could Google it, but my tablet's about to run down, and will be reading on my phone. Such a pain!

Thank you.

@LizzybetCan I ask how your doctor measures your disease activity? RA is still fairly new to me (diagnosed in August 2015.) I have mild pain basically 24/7 in various joints. I'm only on methotrexate and folic acid. No joint damage on my x-rays at this point. But I had a super high anti-ccp when diagnosed which means I could have a more aggressive form of RA. :(

I would totally eliminate things from my diet if there was some real information out there and not just anecdotal stuff.

On 2/10/2017 at 10:14 AM, MargaretElliott said:

Aww, this thread is making me sad and hungry. I've always wanted a cat, but I'm really allergic :crying-yellow: I can still fulfill my dream of having two corgis named Maisie and Templeton, though. One day.

And I honestly don't blame Ben and Jessa for holding off on the name for this long. They might have decided this long ago in case the baby was 5 or more days late (though I would be shocked at that amount of foresight). And it's the one area in their life that they can control. A good chunk of their lives is controlled by TLC or their helmet-haired overlord JimBob. Not to mention they're both from large families, so having the attention on you for once... I don't blame them. I just want to see if they pick something as ridiculous as Spurgeon.

I also love cats and am allergic. But I DO have two corgis! 

@CatsRevenge I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing fur babies is so hard, but I'm sure you gave them a wonderful life with tons of happiness. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived