IGNORED

Seewalds 17 - My Name is No

choralcrusader8613

2 hours ago, JMO said:

This is the perfect thread for my favorite meme.

Screenshot_2016-09-19-21-16-47.png

Yup! Cats were thought to be gods in ancient Egypt and they've never forgotten!! Lil girl kitty is roaming around the house and big stupid is laying on a chair in the dining room (the chairs are tucked under the table so big dummy thinks he's hiding)

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, WhoompThereItIs said:

lol, I remember the last pet picture derailment was when Jessa was pregnant with Elliot (I think it's hilarious how some of us refuse to call him by his first name).

My little guy has since passed away :my_sad:. This is one of my favorite pics of him.

CIMG2290.JPG

aww...sweet bunny :( I'm loving all the pet pics...

the kid looks and acts more like an Elliot imo...when I think of Spurgeon, I think of a child who resembles Winston Churchill and wears sturdy shoes

@rachel337", is that a Russian Tortoise? Girl or boy? I have a girl named Trixie Faith (any John Ringo, To Sail a Darkling Sea fans?)

@NewOrleansLady, yeah, I know...Dennie's looking for groomer in Alexandria for when I get fed up and bail. Her wager in the family pool is middle of next month.

@feministxtian, I'll trade you a picture of my "big stupid" for picture of mine....mine's name is Gabriel Leo and he is 12 yrs old. He is a bed hog and a Mama's boy who complains that my lap too small for all 18 lbs of him.

20161121_225529.jpg

Awwwww! Cuties! He is big!! How much does he weigh? Gabe's been on a diet and is down from 22 lbs. At one point, he weighed 33 lbs!! He had a broken foot a few years ago (Bigfoot stepped on him accidently) and has arthritis now so he need to lose some weight.

Oh yay I finally get to participate in a pet thread drift! We just got a puppy! She's 14 weeks, a rescue and was the "runt" so we have no clue how much bigger she will get. 

Last night we took her to something called a "puppy social" it's basically 50 puppies in a room going ape shit. It was the cutest thing ever. 

She's making her sad face in this pic because she prefers doing her business in my closet rather than outside in the cold. 

0BF3B699-DA37-4B8C-96D3-69518EBCA902.JPG

No pics, but talking about cats, my neighbors' cat has learned, how to open our apartment door. 

He opens a door just a little bit and meows very loudly till my dog goes crazy. Then he runs. Apparently, he thinks it's very entertaining. 

This is my baby. He is called Sputnik and he is the best selfish jerk in the world!

The other night while I was reading in bed I had a feeling being watched. I turned around and saw what was in the 2nd picture. Like I said....he's a jerk.

20170209_230638.jpg

20170209_000406.jpg

Here are the cats I get to see almost every day. I wish I could bring them home with me but I can't have cats where I'm living right now. (I've now realized I need to get some updated pics of these cats as the "kittens" are now almost 5 years old!)

Spoiler

Babycakes.JPGPicture is blurry but this is Babycakes. She's about 15 years old now and full of sass.

Spoiler

GhostKitty.jpgGhost Kitty, back when she was a trim new mama. Now she needs to go on a diet.

Spoiler

Phantom.jpgPhantom as a kitten. The lone boy in the group. Very shy.

Spoiler

Shadowcat.jpgThis is Shadowcat as a kitten. She is Phantom's sister and is so fluffy now but also in need of a diet.

Please ignore the ugly old carpet. It's been there since the 70's.

Ben & Jessa need to read this thread. Weird names like Spurgeon are for pets. Get a cat. Call it Tozer after your writer hero. Then call your kid Sam. Or Max. Or Jack. Something human.

Mischa and Dezik pictured for those who love dogs. Zero, The Mighty Jaguar is my profile pic and doesn't need further fame or it might go to his head.

IMG_0029.PNG

IMG_0853.PNG

2 hours ago, Bushes of Love said:

This is my baby. He is called Sputnik and he is the best selfish jerk in the world!

The other night while I was reading in bed I had a feeling being watched. I turned around and saw what was in the 2nd picture. Like I said....he's a jerk.

20170209_230638.jpg

20170209_000406.jpg

What a characterful cat! He is wonderful!

I have no pets, but this is my cousin's dog. She is my absolut favourite cousin, and is 12, I think. If you call her name she will look at you with the best face of "What the fuck is wrong with you human, just let me sleep, you disgust me"

20161225_172735.jpg

I turned her like that and the bitch just lied there for 10 minutes without even blinking. She is lazy. :pb_lol:

How special do they think they are? Nobody is going to give a $h!+ about their kid's name a week after it's been born. And to hell with the 'we don't have settled on a name yet'. Of course they have a name, they just want to bathe in the fame as long as it lasts. I hope that in May 2018, when Jessa has Baby Seewald#3 and still blabs on and on about adoption, nobody will give a **** anymore. 

Seriously. This needs to end. Btw. I prefer dogs to cats any day. Can't stand cats. Don't know why. 

7 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

How special do they think they are? Nobody is going to give a $h!+ about their kid's name a week after it's been born. And to hell with the 'we don't have settled on a name yet'. Of course they have a name, they just want to bathe in the fame as long as it lasts. I hope that in May 2018, when Jessa has Baby Seewald#3 and still blabs on and on about adoption, nobody will give a **** anymore. 

Seriously. This needs to end. Btw. I prefer dogs to cats any day. Can't stand cats. Don't know why. 

No, people will still give a shit. They proved that last time.

Ah, I just love looking at all your pet photos, it gives me the warm fuzzies. It's way more interesting than Baby No. 

I am adding my girl into the cute FJ pet collection. This is Holly, she is just gone 11. She is a half Staffy, half who-knows-what. She is just a  complete sweetheart , with a touch of bonkers. She is very funny and always making me laugh and smile (and my life has little to smile about). I think she has a great happy smile herself too, so I had to add a pic of her smiling. She loves her teddies and toys and carries them around with her. She hates her bath, which she gets often to keep her allergy and skin condition under control. She will go into a mighty sulk for the rest of the day after a wash, giving us the stink eye and ignoring us. Holly is my saving grace really through the last 5 years of being sick and going through awful treatments etc. Sorry for the long Holly biography, don't get me started on dogs, especially my dogs cos I will never shut up.

When I was younger I had two hamsters. I also love rabbits, and always pop into pet shops just to look at them. Unfortunately, Holly doesn't share my love of rabbits so owning one myself is off the agenda completely. But I love looking at your bunny photos being posted here. I kinda have a goat obsession too. If I ever move out of the city to the country and have some land, I will get some goats. Yeah, I know it's a bit odd dream.

IMG_0016.JPG

Hollysmiley.jpg

On 2/10/2017 at 0:30 AM, BadMammaJana said:

I think you either like In N Out or you like 5 Guys. I was super excited to try 5 Guys and it was... meh. Everyone else that I've met is also either an In N Out fan, or they're a 5 Guys fan. 

Your only option for a cheeseburger is American cheese. Yuk.  That's why I don't like 5 guys.

This is my parent's cat Brigid, which is also a name I want to use for a future daughter!! We used to call her the aloof calico, she is not so aloof in her old age. 

Also shake shack is the best!!! Their fries are wicked good. Mhmm

20161217_095255.jpg

On 2/9/2017 at 5:48 PM, ClaraOswin said:

I don't like the idea of a "diet" that excludes insane amounts of things. I just can't get behind that. I think limiting certain things is always good. But completely avoiding them (unless you have an ACTUAL allergy or sensitivity or whatever)...no thank you. I just couldn't do it at this point. Maybe if my RA got worse or if my rheumatologist recommended it. But he has not.

I was diagnosed with RA almost eleven years ago. I was prescribed, in order, hydroxychloroquine, methotrexate, then Enbrel w/ methotrexate. The hydroxychloroquinine didn't seem to help, at all. When I went into a full medication induced remission, my rheumatologist stopped methotrexate (at my request) but kept me on Enbrel.

Almost six years ago, I went from being vegetarian to vegan, and after a few fairly lengthy medication breaks in order to complete dental surgery, and two other surgeries due to RA joint damage, yet continuing to have no discomfort or clinical signs (verified by lab testing) of any disease activity, I went on a medication vacation- no RA meds of any kind. I stayed in remission for over two years, but flared abruptly and significantly, and was put back on Enbrel last May.

All that time, and still now, I eat lots and lots of legumes. I think being vegan and not eating beans just sounds too sad. That being said, if there were some definitive study, I'd scrap beans. 

I'm currently testing as 'no disease activity' again, but I would dearly love to get off Enbrel, and not require any heavy duty RA meds, though I am very grateful to live in a time where we have such drugs.

Would somebody please direct me to where I can get more information on the connection between the consumption of  legumes and inflammation? I could Google it, but my tablet's about to run down, and will be reading on my phone. Such a pain!

Thank you.

15 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Adding to the pet pic drift with a Betsey photo montage. She's going on 7, and the apple of my eye.

15135962_10153824277691256_8029728151620618730_n.jpg

12143127_10152987324941256_7108621259710185835_n.jpg

12299183_10153067937811256_3751736342852516252_n.jpg

1934495_10153258869541256_8165411845071904102_n.jpg

12107911_10152982182396256_2583650784950090458_n.jpg

Your pug in the neon sweater and looking so dapper in the top hat made my day!!!!

This is my Blue dog (short for Labatts Blue our last dog was Molson). Blue passed away right before Christmas he was 10.

IMG_20161031_212626.jpg

20161030_181736.jpg

IMG_20161209_220435.jpg

IMG_20161031_213128.jpg

49 minutes ago, merg429 said:

This is my parent's cat Brigid, which is also a name I want to use for a future daughter!! We used to call her the aloof calico, she is not so aloof in her old age. 

That's my stepdaughter's name - it's unusual to see it with that spelling though. Even her high school (run by nuns originally from Ireland) gets it wrong. Eejits.

I wasn't going to post pet photos, thinking there was bound to be a snarkworthy name any minute now... but nothing.

So without further ado...

Leopold aka Lounge. 50% Burmese, 100% resembles a sofa from the 1970s (hence the nickname). Talkative, grumpy and somewhat of an alpha male. Gives arm-filing cuddles the way only a giant fur-covered brick can.

IMG_1814.JPG

IMG_1707.JPG

India - affectionate, bossy, somewhat neurotic. Not overly intelligent unless it involves getting food from sources she's not supposed to get into (like eating bread through the plastic bag). Bullies all other animals except Lounge, who is too old to put up with her shit. Really doesn't like Zayn, to the extent of territorially spraying on and wrecking an $800 amplifier kind of not liking him. Aaarrggghh. 

IMG_2932.JPG

Zayn aka Sad Cat - not really our cat, or so we tell ourselves. Turned up at our house and refused to leave. This is him in my car after taking him to the vet to check for a microchip. Clearly not going anywhere.

IMG_2629.JPGWe wanted to take him to a shelter or rescue group but he was diagnosed with FIV so no shelter would take him. A year later he's still with us, and I'm about to spend $1500 to have all his painfully rotting teeth removed, partially in the hope that it will stop him from doing his business everywhere but the litter tray because JFC, we've tried everything else. 

Husband wants me to get Zayn put down if his toileting issues don't improve after the surgery. I just don't know if I can do it. He's otherwise a lovely, gentle cat, and has obviously had a sad life as a stray. And those eyes... 

IMG_2653.JPG

16 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

According to Guinn's FB, Ben and Jessa decided on a name for the new baby on Thursday.

Knowing this, I call Monday as the reveal date.

7 hours ago, AlwaysExcited said:

No pics, but talking about cats, my neighbors' cat has learned, how to open our apartment door. 

He opens a door just a little bit and meows very loudly till my dog goes crazy. Then he runs. Apparently, he thinks it's very entertaining. 

My dad's neighbors cat had taken up residence in their basement bedroom for a week or more! then would sneak upstairs to eat the dog's food! (there is usually a doggie door in the slider in the basement (daylight basement) and they don't get in the bedroom much, guest room). It was pretty hilarious when they told me the story!)

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived