IGNORED

Seewalds 17 - My Name is No

choralcrusader8613

1 minute ago, ClaraOswin said:

@LizzybetCan I ask how your doctor measures your disease activity? RA is still fairly new to me (diagnosed in August 2015.) I have mild pain basically 24/7 in various joints. 

I would totally eliminate things from my diet if there was some real information out there and not just anecdotal stuff.

If you search the web for RA and the Paleo or Whole30, there are a lot of results, but as you say, mostly anecdotal. The Whole30 book "It Starts with Food" says that the co-author, Dallas Hartwig, got the idea from a research paper by Dr. Loren Cordain, but the book doesn't seem to have a full citation.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Further arsehole behaviour from Sputnik the cat. He has been asleep like this for 2 hours and my shoulder is killing me. I move him and he jumps back on 

20170211_211833.jpg

6 hours ago, zee_four said:

Your pug in the neon sweater and looking so dapper in the top hat made my day!!!!

This is my Blue dog (short for Labatts Blue our last dog was Molson). Blue passed away right before Christmas he was 10.

IMG_20161031_212626.jpg

20161030_181736.jpg

IMG_20161209_220435.jpg

IMG_20161031_213128.jpg

zee_four sorry for your loss. Blue looks like a real sweetie, and I love the glittery masquerade mask and tiara.

Betsey's neon sweater is hand knit. She loves it when I knit her sweaters and is a real fashionista, however, even fashionistas draw the line with some outfits... Here is Betsey in a too small dino costume and dog socks. She is counting the seconds to being given a pepperoni stick and relieved of the ridiculous getup. If she were a human child, this would be the type of embarrassing picture I would show her future spouse.

10451692_10152085069071256_8313749331992080822_n.jpg

@Bushes of Love - yeah, cats are assholes. Fortunately big stupid is feeling a little anti-social and is sacked out on the end of the couch (on top of course). Lil girl is laying on top of the couch next to me...concussion causing head butt in 3 2 1...

My son gave me a new Chromebook so I don't have many pictures on it yet, but this is one of my favorite of Bebop.  She weighs at least 10 pounds now but still prefers to sleep on my shoulder.  That's how I got the chin scratch last night, haha.  I was trying to adjust her so she would fit without crushing me :)

Thanks to everyone for the sweet condolences over the recent loss of my Skooter and Zuki cats.  I miss them.

20170116_082639 (1).png

43 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

@LizzybetCan I ask how your doctor measures your disease activity? RA is still fairly new to me (diagnosed in August 2015.) I have mild pain basically 24/7 in various joints. I'm only on methotrexate and folic acid. No joint damage on my x-rays at this point. But I had a super high anti-ccp when diagnosed which means I could have a more aggressive form of RA. :(

I would totally eliminate things from my diet if there was some real information out there and not just anecdotal stuff.

I went from not having RA to presenting within days or weeks as full blown. The pain was excruciating, and the swelling very obvious.

Because I'm taking Enbrel I'm required to get blood work done every eight weeks. My rheumatologist pores over the results and discusses them with me line by line. Right now it all looks fine, but that's with weekly Enbrel. 

RA is horrible, but with all the options for treatment, prognosis is good. I run, walk, and am very active in general, though right now am getting over a broken ankle, which has healed well, but requires a little PT.

Good luck! I hope things work out well for you.

2 hours ago, Lizzybet said:

I am too, because based on only my own experience, my full remission occurred when I was probably eating more beans than I had at any other time in my life.

I would really like to read an impartial study, with peer reviews or whatever else is usually included with such research and conclusions.

I do appreciate your response @2manyKidzzz, and will check for the title at the library. Hoping it's available for Kindle!

I didn't realize you had already made up your mind. I searched for the book, checked others on amazon and such. Boo. 

@CatsRevenge that is an adorable picture of Bebop! My duo used to sleep on my chest as babies. The minute I'd sit down, there they were. Lil girl still occasionally tries to curl up and fit in my hand like she used to...but...she doesn't quite fit now. They're currently acting like cats...curled up all cat-like on the back of the couch. I can't believe big stupid is curled up, he usually lays on his back and stretches out. 

There's nothing like kitty cuddles...nothing!

@feministxtian ugh i miss kitty cuddles soon badly! my oldest used to sleep on my chest all the time and my youngest was only three weeks when we got him and would sleep anywhere. now they are independent cats who don't nee their mom's snuggles anymore! 

IMG_3718.JPG

IMG_3722.JPG

IMG_4936.JPG

awww....it sucks when they decide to become super independant. I had a feline that DID NOT like to snuggle, except first thing in the morning. The rest of the time, nope, not having it, get away from me. These two are probably the most snuggly kitties I've ever had...and definitely have the most personality. They're more dog-like in the affection department...they prefer to be around people (well except lil girl when people she doesn't know are around...she hides), they both are talkers, and demand snuggles, cuddles, attention...like dogs. I get they're weirdos...

Our snuggels time is usually on the couch when i watch the tv with curcuma on me and Romeo at my foot. Minnie dosent like the snuggel bit even as a kitty so we are just the tree of us. 

Oh and Romeo sleep with me on night He is still a baby and needs his mom

1486854172494-167461869.jpg

20 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Watched this after the akita passed and there was NOT enough Kleenex.  Great movie, but incredibly sad, especially for me, as the dog in the movie acted and looked just like my baby.  

But seriously, go see the movie.

It's the saddest movie in the world! I'm so sorry you lost your gorgeous Akita, cannot imagine how you got through that movie. It was on tv recently and yet again I cried the whole way through.

Marbles has the most soulful eyes! 

4 hours ago, Kittikatz said:

@Captain Obvious Zayne may just not like the type of litter you are using, or he may not feel entitled to use the same boxes as the other cats.

I would suggest getting a new box for him, and trying out different types of litters. You can also buy litter additives at petsmart (Dr. _____'s cat attract litter additives) to add to the litter - there is also a brand of litter called cat attract by the same company. Both worked very well to lure two of my rescues into the litter box habit.

Another friend has a rescue who cannot comprehend litter boxes, but does fine on puppy pads.  Cats are weird. Don't give up. I'm sure there are lots of other ideas on line that can help.

As well, sometimes litter box problems are worsened by stress, so zylkene and/or feliway air diffusers can help relax the tension and get them away from that habit. There are even collars that contain pheromones that help cats relax. One of my guys comes from an abuse situation and will sometimes regress and need the collar and or zylkene for a while. Getting the dental work done will probably also help quite a bit.

We've done different litters, different boxes, separate boxes (we currently have 7 boxes for the 3 cats, including one that only he uses), keeping the cats separate, anti-stress/urinary prescription food, Feliway plug-ins, calming collars and an anti-stress jacket... The other cats are now more relaxed about him since we've mostly kept them separate, but his issues have not gone away.

It's complicated because the cat will use the tray in his own room, but when he's not in that room he seems to forget it's there - he doesn't ever go back to that  room to use the box if he's not in there. So I'm not even that sure it is a stress issue, although clearly he is intimidated by the other cats and will avoid going near them unless there's food on offer.

And we actually can't keep him in that room 24/7 because it is my stepson's room/guest room so when someone is in that room he has to stay outside, which as a FIV cat he's not supposed to do.

Also, what's the point of having a cat if you can never have him in the room where you are but have to visit him in his "toilet cell"? Though I guess there is a point if the alternative is the cat being dead.

8 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Knowing this, I call Monday as the reveal date.

Plenty of time to get the TLC crew there to tape the name reveal like they did last time, announcing it during a commercial break. 

So the name reveal thing must be the only thing Jessa has control over in life. Sheesh. Kind of like her and Bin having their first kiss in secret instead of their guests. She is mentally in Junior high, lol.

16 minutes ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

So the name reveal thing must be the only thing Jessa has control over in life. Sheesh. Kind of like her and Bin having their first kiss in secret instead of their guests. She is mentally in Junior high, lol.

I feel a teensy bit bad for her that she really does have so little control in her life. She's totally fame-whoring with the waiting to reveal the name, but I have a hard time blaming her for controlling what little she can, I'm sure Jim-Bob at least was livid if they really did refuse to tell the gender to the family, both times.

I don't blame her at all for the kiss thing. It was her first kiss EVER (or was supposed to be, LOL!). Who wants to do that in front of a church packed full of people with their vaguely creepy control-freak father, certified creepy former child-molesting brother, a television crew/cameras, and the rest of their family including small siblings staring at them? I almost wonder if part of why Jana hasn't courted that we know of is that she doesn't want the whole planet to be privy to her business like that.

I'm enjoying the cute pet pictures! My kitty died a couple years ago so the closest thing I have to a pet is my Marimo balls at work, and I don't have any photos of those.

Whoever was asking about Bojangles a while back - yes they still exist and they are amazing. We just got Popeyes in our area and I tried them... once. Bojangles all the way for me.

On 2/10/2017 at 1:30 AM, BadMammaJana said:

I think you either like In N Out or you like 5 Guys. I was super excited to try 5 Guys and it was... meh. Everyone else that I've met is also either an In N Out fan, or they're a 5 Guys fan. 

I've never had In-N-Out. I don't enjoy hamburgers all that much, but I like Smashburger best of this type of place, or a local chain here called Flipdaddy's. I went to Five Guys once and was surprised at how dull it was.

5 hours ago, CatsRevenge said:

I'm enjoying seeing everyone's pets while waiting on Benessa to tell us the name. My avatar is my youngest cat Bebop.  She is silently judging Derrick for the sled incident, hehe.  

Wednesday night I had to put my 20 year old tabby Skooter to sleep and 2 weeks before that my kitty Zuki passed.  I can't even describe how sad I am.   But seeing everyone elses pets in the thread has been helping.  

Reading all of your wonderfully snarky posts has made me smile too, so thanks for that.

Hugs to you... I've never had to put a cat to sleep; my first one just passed naturally... must be heartbreaking. 

Have you heard of Tom Cox? He's an English author with multiple cats, most of them quite old, and his oldest cat, who was a bit internet famous (twitter @mysadcat) passed recently aged 21.

Tom wrote an article about his cat after his death, and while it'll make you cry, it helped me feel better about my first cat passing, knowing that he had a good life.

http://www.tom-cox.com/2016/12/goodbye-kind-friend-rip-bear-1995-2016.html

1 hour ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

If you think about how so little of her life has been truly private, it kind of makes sense. Never had a room to herself (still doesn't), was told that being alone was sinful and she had to have an "accountability partner" with her to do just about anything but take a dump, started being whored out to reality TV and having her every move filmed when she was 12, never got actual counseling for the sexual abuse she suffered and instead had to give parents-approved soundbites about it on national television, and now the only thing she can truly keep secret is her kid's name.

We can harp all we want about what a famewhore she is, but when you consider that having your life on display and having nothing that's truly just yours is all she's ever known since age TWELVE, a lot of the shit she pulls makes so much more sense.

5 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Hugs to you... I've never had to put a cat to sleep; my first one just passed naturally... must be heartbreaking. 

Have you heard of Tom Cox? He's an English author with multiple cats, most of them quite old, and his oldest cat, who was a bit internet famous (twitter @mysadcat) passed recently aged 21.

Tom wrote an article about his cat after his death, and while it'll make you cry, it helped me feel better about my first cat passing, knowing that he had a good life.

http://www.tom-cox.com/2016/12/goodbye-kind-friend-rip-bear-1995-2016.html

Thanks for sharing that article.

I hope you never have to put a cat to sleep. I really didn't think my heart could break like it did having to make that decision. I spoke with my vet about "when will I know it's time?" and she said that you would just know. Seeing her decline was heartbreaking as well. But there was something comforting about holding her as she passed. Whenever I found out she had cancer, I started making sure she was having a good life. Extra cuddles, extra treats, extra love, etc.

It's funny that Tom mentioned a "jolt" in the middle of the night. I had that same thing the last night my cat was alive. I got up to find her and she was breathing heavy. I stayed up all night with her waiting for my husband to get home from the night shift. I knew it was time... I was expecting another 5 months with her.

My house did feel really lonely following. Painfully lonely. WE went and adopted a 4 month old kitten a week later. 

Since I only guessed a girl's name, I'd like to proffer a boy's name.  Honestly, I think FJ has screwed them over with guessing all of the obvs names (Tozer, Calvin, etc.)

I proffer Schaeffer Graham Owen.

16 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Since I only guessed a girl's name, I'd like to proffer a boy's name.  Honestly, I think FJ has screwed them over with guessing all of the obvs names (Tozer, Calvin, etc.)

I proffer Schaeffer Graham Owen.

I didn't pick a boy's name either, so my choice is Smyth Benjamin. 

More top contenders:

Chrysostom

Mather

Ravenhill

Zacharias

and my personal favorite, Wigglesworth.

Why, yes, I am googling preachers on a Saturday night. :pb_lol:

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived