IGNORED

Dillards 25 - It's A Boy!

choralcrusader8613

8 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I believe Zika just causes malformations during the first trimester, the later in the pregnancy, the ''safer'' it is. But i'm no doctor and i haven't done any kind of research, take my words with a grain of salt

The effects of Zika are "less bad" the later in pregnancy its contracted.  I had a trip planned to an endemic country in December, which would have been my 7th month.  My DR told me "no,"  its not safe. She cited stuff like blindness, deafness, cognitive issues etc.

So, who is this "we" that goes into the villages once a week?  Surely it isnt Jilly muffin and the sainted white child! Which J'child will accompany them back to the "field" to care for Izzy as Jill gets bigger?  Surely it wont be Jinger and Jeremy because Jinger is a fertile vessel for teh lurd.

Will Benessa get the "guest" house now?  Surely they wont leave them in their current accommodations and leave the newly renovated (and camera ready) pad vacant.  There HAS to be a new j'child lined up to occupy the starter house... 

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if Jill isn't allowed to fly back because she's too pregnant? Aren't you not supposed to fly in the third trimester? 

Also, didn't donors call them out last time for not using the money how they said it would be used? Why would anyone donate again? 

Jeeze, if they're ADMITTING that they're coming back for Jill's birth, then what trips back are they not admitting to? Joy's wedding has to be coming up, I'm sure. Izzy's birthday. A chocolate sundae craving.

Hey Jill and Derek: stay in the USA until i2.0 is born! Maybe get some *gasp* ACTUAL TRAINING FOR MISSIONARY WORK in the meantime! Or do *double gasp* actual fundraising work! And once you are there, for the love of God (literally), plan on doing more than 8 hours a week of actual work!

That letter is infuriating.... but well-written. That college education is going to waste,

6 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

What if Jill isn't allowed to fly back because she's too pregnant? Aren't you not supposed to fly in the third trimester? 

Also, didn't donators (that word looks weird lol) call them out last time for not using the money how they said it would be used? Why would anyone donate again? 

Did we ever find out how the money was being used? I thought the whole thing was that they weren't telling anyone. And that they failed to mention that they were also being paid by SOS ministries.

Just now, TuringMachine said:

Did we ever find out how the money was being used? I thought the whole thing was that they weren't telling anyone. And that they failed to mention that they were also being paid by SOS ministries.

From what I recall, people started getting suspicious after they took multiple trips back home for weddings and stuff, and they started to wise up and wonder if all their money was paying for was airfare. As far as I know, they have yet to explain in detail what the donated money is used for.

18 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Also, didn't donators (that word looks weird lol) call them out last time for not using the money how they said it would be used? Why would anyone donate again? 

That's 'cause the word you're looking for is donors.:kitty-wink:

34 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Have they said when exactly they're leaving to go back? There's no way they're going to be gone for more than 2-3 months, assuming she's not going to wait till the last possible second to return to the States. I know she went late with Izzy, but that means nothing. What if she goes into labour a month early? Or has some other kind of complication? What is she doing for prenatal care down there? Are people's donations going toward that as well? Or is she using her elite midwifery skills to look after herself? God help them (and that's not sarcasm)!

I'm sure her prenatal care there is the same as here.....NONE. They don't really do anything as far as prenatal care.

29 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

True, but if they are being flown on an airplane that the family owns I'm sure anything goes. Are they able to fly their plane internationally? If so I'm sure they can just be picked up whenever they are ready, no matter how pregnant she is. I doubt many airlines would let her fly too close to her due date without a doctors note, but she certainly won't have a doctor in CA.

Didn't Sarah Palin fly from somewhere in the southern U.S. back to Alaska while she was actually in labour with her last child? The Dillards seem to have a similar level of intelligence and common sense, so maybe they'll emulate her in that regard.

If they really wanted to help in some meaning capacity, the could give the $24,000 to the local community instead of spending it on tomato sauce plastic containers that ruin the environment.

Ugh, I'm seething. The nerve of these people!

Also, why would you go when there's Zika? So irresponsible! I resent their white saviour voluntourist asses! How dare Derick say he genuinely cares about these people when he voted for an cinnamon racist egomaniac. Educate yourself!

Phrases Dillards need to understand: hegemony, white supremacy, institutional violence, systematic oppression, sexism, neocolonialsim, the sub-altern, cultural imperialism.

Somebody get them into a sociology class ASAP!

56 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Will Benessa get the "guest" house now?  Surely they wont leave them in their current accommodations and leave the newly renovated (and camera ready) pad vacant.  There HAS to be a new j'child lined up to occupy the starter house... 

Joy is the only announced courtship and one would assume she would be joining the team at the ranch.

JD reportedly owns a house, does Joseph? 

No way would Jeremy sacrifice freedom from JB for that house so (let's dream here) Jana has met 'the one' and can escape the slave house?

Asking for donations to work on legitimate missionary things is one thing, but asking for handouts to live??? If you can't afford to feed you and your family---GET A JOB! Derick was/is? subbing but obviously they still need others' money to live in the scary brown people land. Poor Jill seems fragile and being pregnant and dealing with a toddler won't help. It's become more clear Derick is a selfish asshole. "God is calling us" my ass. You could be more useful if you stayed home and helped your community, while at the same time making your growing family safe (mentally, physically, and medically). Sure, Jill might be all for going back, but the "ShowerGate" paints another picture. Derick is too in love with his pre-Duggar life where he was a missionary with little care in the world. 

lol what a load of shit. TLC (presumably) pays you more than that for a year. Use your own money to live, Duhlards!

These idiots are only a hair under Joshley and Jim Boob in the disgusting department. 

So they posted a link to the begging blog on their Facebook page. The first response is from someone who wants to donate and they thanked her.  A little bit farther down, a woman says she doesn't send money via the internet but would like to send a money order. It says that the "page owner responded privately."  Of course they did. Can't pass up money from someone else's grandma. Ugh.

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

If history tells us anything: Free mansion, Danger America, even bigger free mansion, Danger America......

When the Dillards return they will be moving into a free castle with a moat.

Jessa has been dropping hints left and right that she wants a bigger house. If she gets passed over for the big house in favor of another j'child, especially after how involved she made herself in redecorating the guest house, boy will her face be red!

11 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

If history tells us anything: Free mansion, Danger America, even bigger free mansion, Danger America......

When the Dillards return they will be moving into a free castle with a moat.

Jessa has been dropping hints left and right that she wants a bigger house. If she gets passed over for the big house in favor of another j'child, especially after how involved she made herself in redecorating the guest house, boy will her face be red!

She gets passed over to many times, Jessa will be on the phone to people selling her father out faster than you can free Jessa.

4 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

So the Dullies are there forever, it would seem. They got specific about what godly things they do, probably read here. Well, Derick, that's one way to avoid a real job. 

Because BW, we can't see into the Heartz of all of the peoples they help in SCA. What do their hearts say? We could guess. 

The whole thing is disgusting. How many people do this pretend missionary work does anyone know. 

If you head over to Quiver full of snark you will see a few. 

John Schrader is my favorite. John is married to Esther Anna Duggar's sister. He is in Africa he grifted a plane that he lost the keys to so does not fly it, three vehicles, a fridge with an ice maker because poor John likes his ice. In his video he speaks with a fake African accent to the locals.

The thing that really irks me is that they actually haven't provided any additional specifics as to what they're doing when they're down there. It's all well and good to say, "Providing meals, leading Bible studies, life skills classes and kids' activities." But what does that actually entail? People like to know where their money is going.

-What church, ministry or organization are they associated with? This is not at all clear to me. Surely they're not just freelancing? I'd imagine this organization is footing at least some of the bill. If so, how much? Do they have an established presence in the area already, or are Jill and Derick setting everything up from scratch? That makes a big difference in terms of what kind of funding is needed.

-What kind of expenses do Derick and Jill incur traveling to their location, and what are they paying in rent, utilities, grocery bills, personal healthcare, security, etc.? How much of these expenses are they paying out of their own pocket, and how much is coming from their organization or their donors?

-How far do they live from town? How do they get there? Walk, bike, drive? Are there costs associated with their transportation? Do they need bicycles, or car repairs, gas money?

-What kind of meals are being provided? How often? Once a week? Once a month? And to whom? Children, families? Are these people not getting enough to eat at home, and if so, why, and are the Dillards doing anything to help rectify that situation? What kind of food is provided at these meals, where does it come from, how much does it cost, and how many people use this service? Is it growing in popularity, are costs increasing?

-What's involved in the Bible studies? How often are they held? Are they in somebody's home, or at a rented facility? How many people attend? How many Catholics vs. 'real' Christians, and are people generally receptive or hostile to your preaching? Were the Bible studies successful last time around? Are they seeing a growth of interest in the gospel? Has anyone been saved, and without having to get into personal details, can you provide any testimonies to that effect? (This is important stuff for evangelical Christians) Are there any promising leaders in the community who are setting up their own church and/or ministering to their own neighbours now? 

-What is covered in the life skills classes? How often are they held? Where? What supplies are involved? Are you teaching health, hygiene, STD prevention and family planning (lol), mental health, support for addiction or abuse? Are you teaching people some sort of skill(s) they can use to provide food or an income for their families, and to help grow their local economy? Self-defence? Fitness? Basic literacy? What? How successful have these classes been? Give examples.

-What activities are you doing with the kids? Are you teaching them about Jesus while they do their crafts? Is that the main focus? Are you giving them something to do besides getting into trouble, and is that a real problem where you're living? Why is it so dangerous, and why are you so needed there? Are there gangs? A high rate of alcoholism, spousal abuse, human trafficking, drugs? How are your activities helping the local kids specifically? Are you reaching a broader audience now? Are they bringing their siblings and friends? Are they going home and sharing the gospel with their parents? Give  examples.

-Finally, what specifically are you in need of? Do you need to buy Bibles for the Bible study? Are you giving out free Bibles in the local language? Are you trying to stock the clinic with medical supplies? Are you raising money so that the pregnant women can have midwifery services for free? Do you need colouring books and crayons for the kids? Diapers? Formula? Are there a specific few families who have specific needs that you're hoping to address? What are they? Are you trying to set up a local evangelical congregation? Does it need chairs? Lightbulbs? 

Anything? Bueller?

oh smart math people. the trip with SOS costs this much.  

Honduras Trip

July 19, 2017 - July 27, 2017

Cost is $700 for this 8 day trip.

Application deadline: May 24, 2017

Early Application Date (For Best Airfare): April 19, 2017

I don't know how far along Jill is or how long they are staying but just off the top of my head are they not asking donors to fund their whole mission? So the part about feeding poor people is a ruse?

I read what Pickles posted and I was not shocked yet not.  These people can't survive in the real world and now it is abundantly clear.  Derick has lost his compass and Jill is following along like a nut.  I can't even imagine going pregnant to a third world country.  

Mother's this can't be safe, hell any nurses on FJ - this is is wrong yes? 

What would her doctor say - but then I remember she doesn't have a doctor. They deserve more shower racks falling.  This is insane and they are insane. 

5 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

The thing that really irks me is that they actually haven't provided any additional specifics as to what they're doing when they're down there. It's all well and good to say, "Providing meals, leading Bible studies, life skills classes and kids' activities." But what does that actually entail? People like to know where their money is going.

-What church, ministry or organization are they associated with? This is not at all clear to me. Surely they're not just freelancing? I'd imagine this organization is footing at least some of the bill. If so, how much? Do they have an established presence in the area already, or are Jill and Derick setting everything up from scratch? That makes a big difference in terms of what kind of funding is needed.

-What kind of expenses do Derick and Jill incur traveling to their location, and what are they paying in rent, utilities, grocery bills, personal healthcare, security, etc.? How much of these expenses are they paying out of their own pocket, and how much is coming from their organization or their donors?

-How far do they live from town? How do they get there? Walk, bike, drive? Are there costs associated with their transportation? Do they need bicycles, or car repairs, gas money?

-What kind of meals are being provided? How often? Once a week? Once a month? And to whom? Children, families? Are these people not getting enough to eat at home, and if so, why, and are the Dillards doing anything to help rectify that situation? What kind of food is provided at these meals, where does it come from, how much does it cost, and how many people use this service? Is it growing in popularity, are costs increasing?

-What's involved in the Bible studies? How often are they held? Are they in somebody's home, or at a rented facility? How many people attend? How many Catholics vs. 'real' Christians, and are people generally receptive or hostile to your preaching? Were the Bible studies successful last time around? Are they seeing a growth of interest in the gospel? Has anyone been saved, and without having to get into personal details, can you provide any testimonies to that effect? (This is important stuff for evangelical Christians) Are there any promising leaders in the community who are setting up their own church and/or ministering to their own neighbours now? 

-What is covered in the life skills classes? How often are they held? Where? What supplies are involved? Are you teaching health, hygiene, STD prevention and family planning (lol), mental health, support for addiction or abuse? Are you teaching people some sort of skill(s) they can use to provide food or an income for their families, and to help grow their local economy? Self-defence? Fitness? Basic literacy? What? How successful have these classes been? Give examples.

-What activities are you doing with the kids? Are you teaching them about Jesus while they do their crafts? Is that the main focus? Are you giving them something to do besides getting into trouble, and is that a real problem where you're living? Why is it so dangerous, and why are you so needed there? Are there gangs? A high rate of alcoholism, spousal abuse, human trafficking, drugs? How are your activities helping the local kids specifically? Are you reaching a broader audience now? Are they bringing their siblings and friends? Are they going home and sharing the gospel with their parents? Give  examples.

-Finally, what specifically are you in need of? Do you need to buy Bibles for the Bible study? Are you giving out free Bibles in the local language? Are you trying to stock the clinic with medical supplies? Are you raising money so that the pregnant women can have midwifery services for free? Do you need colouring books and crayons for the kids? Diapers? Formula? Are there a specific few families who have specific needs that you're hoping to address? What are they? Are you trying to set up a local evangelical congregation? Does it need chairs? Lightbulbs? 

Anything? Bueller?

While I am not that familiar with this organization. I believe they go with SOS. It requires people to pay their own way, and provides meals and such. Any extra spending money you bring. I know a long time ago i read some fundie blog about going down.....I actually think it was Ben's sister. It was VERY expensive. What I personally guess is happening is that they go short term to help with the incoming group that has applied for a certain stint. Much like the christmas ones the Duggars go on. Or they are going to join in each successive group. I think they just help with the incoming groups though. AS with most short term missionary......things the person pays for everything. 

5 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Seriously how do they have the audacity to ask for money for this when TLC pays their bills ?

that is the huge question ! - they must be squirreling it away. 

It's disgusting how obvious and flagrant they are. 

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Have they said when exactly they're leaving to go back? There's no way they're going to be gone for more than 2-3 months, assuming she's not going to wait till the last possible second to return to the States. I know she went late with Izzy, but that means nothing. What if she goes into labour a month early? Or has some other kind of complication? What is she doing for prenatal care down there? Are people's donations going toward that as well? Or is she using her elite midwifery skills to look after herself? God help them (and that's not sarcasm)!

I have not been pregnant for 22 yrs...how late can you travel being pregnant on a plane?

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Didn't Sarah Palin fly from somewhere in the southern U.S. back to Alaska while she was actually in labour with her last child? The Dillards seem to have a similar level of intelligence and common sense, so maybe they'll emulate her in that regard.

IIRC, Sarah was at a Republican Governor's conference in Texas when she went into premature labor with Trigg.  He was not only a premie, but he has Down syndrome. This flying while in preterm labor and the fact that she was incommunicado for a week after Trigg's birth at a community hospital in Alaska have fueled the speculation that Sarah is not Trigg's mom and that Bristol is.  

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

The effects of Zika are "less bad" the later in pregnancy its contracted.  I had a trip planned to an endemic country in December, which would have been my 7th month.  My DR told me "no,"  its not safe. She cited stuff like blindness, deafness, cognitive issues etc.

So, who is this "we" that goes into the villages once a week?  Surely it isnt Jilly muffin and the sainted white child! Which J'child will accompany them back to the "field" to care for Izzy as Jill gets bigger?  Surely it wont be Jinger and Jeremy because Jinger is a fertile vessel for teh lurd.

that's because you actually went to a doctor.  Jill doesn't go to a doctor. I bet as long as she can hear the baby's heartbeat she feels she is fine.  

She is insane. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

lol what a load of shit. TLC (presumably) pays you more than that for a year. Use your own money to live, Duhlards!

These idiots are only a hair under Joshley and Jim Boob in the disgusting department. 

I love this so much- I can't even tell you.  They are a strand a freaking strand under Josh. 

Jb has moved to several hairs.  These two are a strand 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived