IGNORED

Dillards 25 - It's A Boy!

choralcrusader8613

26 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

The thing that really irks me is that they actually haven't provided any additional specifics as to what they're doing when they're down there. It's all well and good to say, "Providing meals, leading Bible studies, life skills classes and kids' activities." But what does that actually entail? People like to know where their money is going.

-What church, ministry or organization are they associated with? This is not at all clear to me. Surely they're not just freelancing? I'd imagine this organization is footing at least some of the bill. If so, how much? Do they have an established presence in the area already, or are Jill and Derick setting everything up from scratch? That makes a big difference in terms of what kind of funding is needed.

-What kind of expenses do Derick and Jill incur traveling to their location, and what are they paying in rent, utilities, grocery bills, personal healthcare, security, etc.? How much of these expenses are they paying out of their own pocket, and how much is coming from their organization or their donors?

-How far do they live from town? How do they get there? Walk, bike, drive? Are there costs associated with their transportation? Do they need bicycles, or car repairs, gas money?

-What kind of meals are being provided? How often? Once a week? Once a month? And to whom? Children, families? Are these people not getting enough to eat at home, and if so, why, and are the Dillards doing anything to help rectify that situation? What kind of food is provided at these meals, where does it come from, how much does it cost, and how many people use this service? Is it growing in popularity, are costs increasing?

-What's involved in the Bible studies? How often are they held? Are they in somebody's home, or at a rented facility? How many people attend? How many Catholics vs. 'real' Christians, and are people generally receptive or hostile to your preaching? Were the Bible studies successful last time around? Are they seeing a growth of interest in the gospel? Has anyone been saved, and without having to get into personal details, can you provide any testimonies to that effect? (This is important stuff for evangelical Christians) Are there any promising leaders in the community who are setting up their own church and/or ministering to their own neighbours now? 

-What is covered in the life skills classes? How often are they held? Where? What supplies are involved? Are you teaching health, hygiene, STD prevention and family planning (lol), mental health, support for addiction or abuse? Are you teaching people some sort of skill(s) they can use to provide food or an income for their families, and to help grow their local economy? Self-defence? Fitness? Basic literacy? What? How successful have these classes been? Give examples.

-What activities are you doing with the kids? Are you teaching them about Jesus while they do their crafts? Is that the main focus? Are you giving them something to do besides getting into trouble, and is that a real problem where you're living? Why is it so dangerous, and why are you so needed there? Are there gangs? A high rate of alcoholism, spousal abuse, human trafficking, drugs? How are your activities helping the local kids specifically? Are you reaching a broader audience now? Are they bringing their siblings and friends? Are they going home and sharing the gospel with their parents? Give  examples.

-Finally, what specifically are you in need of? Do you need to buy Bibles for the Bible study? Are you giving out free Bibles in the local language? Are you trying to stock the clinic with medical supplies? Are you raising money so that the pregnant women can have midwifery services for free? Do you need colouring books and crayons for the kids? Diapers? Formula? Are there a specific few families who have specific needs that you're hoping to address? What are they? Are you trying to set up a local evangelical congregation? Does it need chairs? Lightbulbs? 

Anything? Bueller?

A big part of me wants someone to email them/SOS and get some real answers to these questions.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This latest announcement just baffles/disgusts/disappoints me.

If my husband "had" to work in a location where I couldn't stand it, didn't feel safe, and for Pete's sake I was pregnant to boot, I would gracefully await his return from his "mission."  Waiting safely in a place I wanted to be.

But, I guess Jill doesn't have that option, since he is her headshop headship.  She must obey and go along, I guess....

There is plenty of "mission" type work that needs to be done right here in the US.  They wouldn't need massive donations and Jill could be "safe" (unless, of course, they install a faulty shower rack).

Whatevs, DugDills.  Just another wonky moment in your lives.... ick.

17 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

I have not been pregnant for 22 yrs...how late can you travel being pregnant on a plane?

It's been a couple of years for me, but it is at the discretion of the airlines I believe. You can have a doctor write a note and stating that you are having a healthy pregnancy, free of complications but I think that in the end the airline can choose to not let you fly since it's their liability. Anyone know? Any airline workers or flight attendants? 

I was 6 months pregnant and we had to go to Boise ID for a wedding and we decided to drive the 7 hours rather than possibly being turned away at the airport. I was sick all 9 months and had to be hospitalized a few times for dehydration, but I also looked about 9 months pregnant at 6 months so I was pretty sure they'd ax me anyway so we didn't bother. 

Poor Jilly Muffin, I'm sure she thought because she was pregnant, they were gonna stay parked until a few months after she had baby no 2.

Seriously though Derrick, I know God is calling you to be a missionary but you're also a husband and a father now and that comes before anything else , especially according to the doctrine you believe. For goodness sake, your wife is pregnant and from the hints she has been throwing it hasn't been the easiest pregnancy , plus you guys have a 2 year old. She needs support , safety. What are you thinking ? Why can't you just wait until she pops? Just to make her comfortable ? 

And you Jilly Muffin, this is exactly what you get for following your father's lead and wanting to beat Jessa down the aisle. I'm sure they are many families on mission fields that are in far worse conditions with more kids. But you know this isn't want you truly want. Speak up to Derrick just like you speak up and low key snark on your sisters. Seriously, a mother's mental , emotional and physical well being is key to the overall well being of her family. Take care of yourself. Open your tattle tale mouth and let your headship have it.

This is the 1 and only time I wish JB would exercise all that control he has and talk some sense into Derrick. Or encourage Jill to stay here while Derrick goes on his merry way. 

4 minutes ago, Ace3 said:

It's been a couple of years for me, but it is at the discretion of the airlines I believe. You can have a doctor write a note and stating that you are having a healthy pregnancy, free of complications but I think that in the end the airline can choose to not let you fly since it's their liability. Anyone know? Any airline workers or flight attendants? 

I was 6 months pregnant and we had to go to Boise ID for a wedding and we decided to drive the 7 hours rather than possibly being turned away at the airport. I was sick all 9 months and had to be hospitalized a few times for dehydration, but I also looked about 9 months pregnant at 6 months so I was pretty sure they'd ax me anyway so we didn't bother. 

Usually they don't encourage flying 37 weeks and beyond. 

As everyone has said, the Dillards are foolish and selfish on many levels. I just wanted to point out that they call their unborn son "sweet." He's not sweet yet, and may turn out not to be sweet at all.

35 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

IIRC, Sarah was at a Republican Governor's conference in Texas when she went into premature labor with Trigg.  She was not only a premie, but he has Down syndrome. This flying while in preterm labor and the fact that she was incommunicado for a week after Trigg's birth at a community hospital in Alaska have fueled the speculation that Sarah is not Trigg's mom and that Bristol is.  

Except that A) Bristol was well along in her pregnancy with her first child at the time; and B ) it's older mothers that have babies with Down's.

1 hour ago, Grimalkin said:

If you head over to Quiver full of snark you will see a few. 

John Schrader is my favorite. John is married to Esther Anna Duggar's sister. He is in Africa he grifted a plane that he lost the keys to so does not fly it, three vehicles, a fridge with an ice maker because poor John likes his ice. In his video he speaks with a fake African accent to the locals.

...He also blocks any one who dares to politely question his motives. 

Three FJrs in as many days!

If they were actually helping people and changing lives, they would've used some of that money to buy a nice camera to document it. There would be episodes dedicated to all that they're doing in Central America. There would be videos posted on their website constantly demonstrating everything they're doing. The fact that this very public family keeps everything such a damned secret just shows me they're not doing much there. 

24 minutes ago, AlternativeVoice said:

Poor Jilly Muffin, I'm sure she thought because she was pregnant, they were gonna stay parked until a few months after she had baby no 2.

Seriously though Derrick, I know God is calling you to be a missionary but you're also a husband and a father now and that comes before anything else , especially according to the doctrine you believe. For goodness sake, your wife is pregnant and from the hints she has been throwing it hasn't been the easiest pregnancy , plus you guys have a 2 year old. She needs support , safety. What are you thinking ? Why can't you just wait until she pops? Just to make her comfortable ? 

And you Jilly Muffin, this is exactly what you get for following your father's lead and wanting to beat Jessa down the aisle. I'm sure they are many families on mission fields that are in far worse conditions with more kids. But you know this isn't want you truly want. Speak up to Derrick just like you speak up and low key snark on your sisters. Seriously, a mother's mental , emotional and physical well being is key to the overall well being of her family. Take care of yourself. Open your tattle tale mouth and let your headship have it.

This is the 1 and only time I wish JB would exercise all that control he has and talk some sense into Derrick. Or encourage Jill to stay here while Derrick goes on his merry way. 

Usually they don't encourage flying 37 weeks and beyond. 

It's not just flying at 37 weeks and beyond they don't encourage, but doctors encourage women that far in pregnancy to stay as close to home as possible, especially if a hospital birth is planned.

After Jills awful birth with Izzy, this must rank as one of the most stupid decisions ever made by that family.

Counting on has just stared over here in the UK, we are way behind. Jill and Derrick have just returned to the US. Jill was very weepy and upset on the episode I saw. There is no way did she ever want to return. 

Derrick really isn't the man we hoped he may be when we first "met" him. 

They, (as a couple with missionary dreams), should have used reliable BC for a year or two and missionary-ed to wherever. Got all the missionary-Ing out of their systems then settled a state or two away from Arkansas, joined a non-fundie church and trained as social workers.

Then started a family.

Maybe Jana or Anna could speak to the Idiot boy (Derrick) , especially Anna, about how difficult it can be to be pregnant. I get the feeling that Derrick tunes Jill out...

Begging for donations for fake missionary work while being paid by TLC is just dumbfounding. The only foreign "missions" I would donate to would be things like medical interventions (eye surgery, smile train, vaccines, etc), building water wells, schools, etc. I personally do not believe in converting religions. What a waste of money. 

They mentioned handing out bibles... Are they even in Spanish???

53 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

As everyone has said, the Dillards are foolish and selfish on many levels. I just wanted to point out that they call their unborn son "sweet." He's not sweet yet, and may turn out not to be sweet at all.

Except that A) Bristol was well along in her pregnancy with her first child at the time; and B ) it's older mothers that have babies with Down's.

Younger women can have a downs baby, but  the risk increases dramatically with advanced maternal age.  I know a woman that had a downs baby in her early 20's.

@QuiverFullofBooks, I thought that Bristol got pregnant about the time that Trigg was born.  Usually fertility does not return so early as the first month, but it can.  There have been moms who've gone to their 6 week postpartum checkup only to find out that they are already pregnant again.  IOW, the timing of the two babies makes Bristol being Trigg's mom very unlikely, but not impossible.

6 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@QuiverFullofBooks, I thought that Bristol got pregnant about the time that Trigg was born.  Usually fertility does not return so early as the first month, but it can.  There have been moms who've gone to their 6 week postpartum checkup only to find out that they are already pregnant again.  IOW, the timing of the two babies makes Bristol being Trigg's mom very unlikely, but not impossible.

Can confirm Bristol Palin still pregnant and in third trimester. 

With a different baby, Corruption is a goose and Trig was born in 2008.

6 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Here's a thought: Stay here. Volunteer in shelters, serve up meals somewhere. Do some habitat for humanity work. Get a job, Derrick. With benefits. There's plenty of need right here and oh yeah! then Jill could get adequate pre-natal care! Because, new baby. I forget the reason for her c-section but I'd imagine she should be seeing an ob/cnm practice this time around instead of a cpm or just giving herself her own pre-natal exams. This just seems ridiculoulsy irresponsible to me.

A quick Google search shows that there are five homeless shelters, three food banks, and a Habitat for Humanity within driving distance of Tonitown. Not to mention all the churches that I'm sure could use help with their Sunday school or after-care programs. They could even open up their big ass free house to host events.

But this clearly isn't about helping. It's about Derrick and his love of travel and feeling important. Which--great. Plenty of people have that. But you quit your job, got married, and had two kids numb nuts. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too.

I used to think Derrick married Jill because he was an insecure sexist who wanted a dumb wife to feel better about himself. Now I realize she was the only other person dumb enough for him to carry on a conversation with.

6 hours ago, Jiraffe said:

I absolutely see it as signs of depression as well. I started taking antidepressants and going to therapy a couple months ago, thinking that my issue was mostly anxiety.  

May I ask how did you get prescribed to meds? I have massive anxiety & thinking of going to therapy, but not sure where to go. Is it true that only psychiatrists prescribe meds and not regular therapists? 

And yes I agree Jill seems sad. Jim Bob pushed her into that relationship so quickly. I wonder why. 

13 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

May I ask how did you get prescribed to meds? I have massive anxiety & thinking of going to therapy, but not sure where to go. Is it true that only psychiatrists prescribe meds and not regular therapists? 

And yes I agree Jill seems sad. Jim Bob pushed her into that relationship so quickly. I wonder why. 

I'm not sure where you're located, but I'm in Canada and my family doctor prescribed meds for anxiety. I would definitely recommend seeing a psychologist whether you decide to give meds a shot or not, though. Therapy is usually as effective or even more effective and I can't recommend it highly enough, if you can find a psychologist who's a good fit. I know how much anxiety sucks, and I hope you feel better. :) 

2 hours ago, DaniLouisiana said:

I get the feeling that Derrick tunes Jill out...

If I was either one of them I'd tune the other one out.

Wonder if the people of SCA (any of them) are celebrating the imminent return of the puking preacher and his helpmeet.

If 600 hundred families donate $40?!? How can they be so greedy? Assuming they're going wit SOS again they're getting TWO pay checks. Seriously Jill and Derick are just as bad as her parents. Poor izzy and baby #2.

2 hours ago, DaniLouisiana said:

Maybe Jana or Anna could speak to the Idiot boy (Derrick) , especially Anna, about how difficult it can be to be pregnant. I get the feeling that Derrick tunes Jill out...

I get the feeling she tries to be the hero and never complains. 

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

A quick Google search shows that there are five homeless shelters, three food banks, and a Habitat for Humanity within driving distance of Tonitown. Not to mention all the churches that I'm sure could use help with their Sunday school or after-care programs. They could even open up their big ass free house to host events.

But this clearly isn't about helping. It's about Derrick and his love of travel and feeling important. Which--great. Plenty of people have that. But you quit your job, got married, and had two kids numb nuts. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too.

I used to think Derrick married Jill because he was an insecure sexist who wanted a dumb wife to feel better about himself. Now I realize she was the only other person dumb enough for him to carry on a conversation with.

used to think Derrick married Jill because he was an insecure sexist who wanted a dumb wife to feel better about himself. Now I realize she was the only other person dumb enough for him to carry on a conversation with.

This is seriously funny. I laughed so hard. This is why I come on here.

UGGGHHH. Sure,  vote for the pig who wants to keep Mexican and Central American people out of the country, while treating Central America like your personal playhouse that you can leave and return to whenever you feel like it.... The gall of these people!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived