IGNORED

Dillards 25 - It's A Boy!

choralcrusader8613

On 2/10/2017 at 5:41 PM, twinmama said:
7 hours ago, singsingsing said:

This is one of the most insidious things I experienced in Christianity, actually. You always have to be doing Great Things For Jesus, and if you're not pushing yourself to the satisfaction of outside observers, you're Not Doing Enough. Of course, not all Christians are like that, and the secular equivalent is doing Great Things for Social Media... but I find there's a real problem especially in evangelical Christianity where people seem to forget the Bible passage about everyone being part of the body of Christ, each part having a different purpose, and each being essential to the functioning of the body as a whole. The stay-at-home mom is just as important as the pastor. The accountant is just as important as the missionary.

Society needs a lot of people to fill the 'boring' professions in order to function. The fact that people feel guilty or ashamed of 'only' aiming to be a secretary, a file clerk, a salesperson, a receptionist, a mail carrier or a construction worker is outrageous to me. The doctors, lawyers, CEOs, psychiatrists, missionaries and movie stars of the world wouldn't get far without people working in those supporting positions. If you're satisfied working at a decent job, paying your bills, and supporting yourself/your family, guess what? You're making a positive impact on the world. Even if your job title doesn't sound exciting.

I remember getting so much shade when I told people I wanted to work a 9-5 job in an office, preferably in the public sector. You would not believe the snobby passive aggressive comments. Because, you know, that wasn't good enough. I was supposed to be psychologist or a professor, or even to work at Starbucks part-time while I pursued my art/writing/stand up comedy/comic book/podcast/youtube career. Because God forbid I find fulfillment in working a necessary job, contributing to society, and supporting myself as an independent adult - or that I understand my weaknesses and purposefully pursue work which plays to my strengths - or that I prefer a job which leaves me enough hours in the day to enjoy the things I love outside of work.

Anyway, my point is... Jill. Seriously. It's totally okay to "just" be a stay-at-home mom. Derick, it's totally okay to "just" be an accountant. It's OKAY to want safety, stability, peace, and comfort. It's okay to prioritize self-care. Live in Arkansas. Get a job that pays the bills. Recover your physical and psychological well-being. Go on a month-long mission trip once or twice a year. I promise you, that is enough.

@singsingsing, will you marry me? Just kidding but ....thank you so much for your its okay to be "just" a stay at home mom!!! I've been one for many years and get so very very very tired of "you don't work?" in that tone (if you've heard the tone, you kbow what I mean). Yes, I've worked outside my home and it didn't work for my family. My work has been my kuds and the "brought homes" and raising them.

On Jill: I feel sorry for her. I think of her as a lost little girl still looking for "Daddy's"  love and aporoval. My husband had some issues like this. My hope for Jill, probably a vain hope but..., is that when JB goesto wherever he is going to, she suddenly "grows up" as my husband did.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Kak The problem is that even if she learns anything from these experiences, she's already married with a kid and the expectation that another one will be on the way ASAP. 

A lot of my friends and I went abroad during college, including some who went to developing countries in Africa and Latin America basically as voluntourists. Some partied for a semester or two, others had life-changing experiences that altered the courses of their lives, and some realized that being abroad - especially in a less developed country - was not for them. And everything in between. The point is that their first time living abroad was not as a married would-be missionary, where there's a lot of pressure to make it work and - based on fundy ideas about male headship and divorce - pretty much no way out. And Jill just doesn't seem savvy/calculating enough to try to steer Derick's ship the way Jessa might be able to with Ben.

4 hours ago, lomo6 said:

@Kak The problem is that even if she learns anything from these experiences, she's already married with a kid and the expectation that another one will be on the way ASAP. 

A lot of my friends and I went abroad during college, including some who went to developing countries in Africa and Latin America basically as voluntourists. Some partied for a semester or two, others had life-changing experiences that altered the courses of their lives, and some realized that being abroad - especially in a less developed country - was not for them. And everything in between. The point is that their first time living abroad was not as a married would-be missionary, where there's a lot of pressure to make it work and - based on fundy ideas about male headship and divorce - pretty much no way out. And Jill just doesn't seem savvy/calculating enough to try to steer Derick's ship the way Jessa might be able to with Ben.

This comment is so spot on. Also there was something in the latest episode where they were asking about advice for Jinger and Jeremy. And Derick said something that felt really passive aggressive toward Jill. It was something like "really focus on laying a good foundation for marriage and don't get so caught up in the wedding planning." Like he wishes he had done more to before the wedding to either strengthen his marriage or recognize they weren't right each other. Like i felt he was throwing major shade a Jill in that moment implying that they had focused on wedding details instead of their relationship. 

Jessa and Ben work in a way because Ben is super laid back and mellow about a lot of things (maybe too much at times). And he seems willing to compromise at least in terms of baby names, (sorry Spurgeon that didn't work out for you in your case).

Derrick Dillard, you are a jerk and an asshat and if I were your mother I would be ashamed of you! You need to be nicer to your wife!

4 hours ago, lomo6 said:

She already does have another one on the way. 

7 hours ago, Kak said:

She already does have another one on the way. 

Oh yeah, I just meant back when she was in Cintral America for the first time and not yet with Blessing #2. 

Ugh. This time the begging is more shameless than ever.

We Have Exciting News

February 16, 2017

After returning home for a short period, we are excited to announce that we are now returning to Central America! 

We are excited to be back to the work our hearts love so much. From the early stages of our lives, the Lord has put a deep love and care in both of our hearts for all peoples of the world that they would come to repentance and put their hope in the Lord, Jesus Christ.  

Through our ministry and your support, we can help support local churches, and impact hundreds of lives on a daily basis. Once a week we go into villages hit hard by violence, and provide various skills training for adults, Bible study, kids programs, and crafts. On average we help over 40 adults and children every week. 

We hope you'll consider partnering with us in this mission. In addition to the ministry outreach expenses, there are always monthly expenses for groceries, utilities, fuel, healthcare, etc. We have always purposed to live a frugal lifestyle and continue to do so in the mission field. When you give a donation to our ministry, you are helping our family cover living expenses to be able to remain on the field and helping reach so many precious lives. 

For example, if only 600 families were willing to donate a one-time gift of $40, it would completely cover our remaining ministry expenses for this term.

A monthly pledge of $1 a day can help cover the cost of meals we serve to children every week. 

We invite you to partner with us in this next chapter of our lives, as we return to the field. Your continued prayer and support means so much to both of us! 

It has been wonderful seeing all of our friends and family members while we have been back in the states. But after much prayer and consideration, we know the Lord is calling us back to share his message with those in Central America. However, we will return back to the states for a short while to have this sweet new baby!

We want to thank all of our fans and supporters who make this work possible!

If you would like to make a donation towards our ministry, please click the link below.

God bless, 

Derick, Jill, Israel and baby #2

I straight up asked them if they were going to do real missionary work or was he going to preach at people while Jill hides in her golden gated tower? 

12 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Ugh. This time the begging is more shameless than ever.

We Have Exciting News

February 16, 2017

After returning home for a short period, we are excited to announce that we are now returning to Central America! 

We are excited to be back to the work our hearts love so much. From the early stages of our lives, the Lord has put a deep love and care in both of our hearts for all peoples of the world that they would come to repentance and put their hope in the Lord, Jesus Christ.  

Through our ministry and your support, we can help support local churches, and impact hundreds of lives on a daily basis. Once a week we go into villages hit hard by violence, and provide various skills training for adults, Bible study, kids programs, and crafts. On average we help over 40 adults and children every week. 

We hope you'll consider partnering with us in this mission. In addition to the ministry outreach expenses, there are always monthly expenses for groceries, utilities, fuel, healthcare, etc. We have always purposed to live a frugal lifestyle and continue to do so in the mission field. When you give a donation to our ministry, you are helping our family cover living expenses to be able to remain on the field and helping reach so many precious lives. 

For example, if only 600 families were willing to donate a one-time gift of $40, it would completely cover our remaining ministry expenses for this term.

A monthly pledge of $1 a day can help cover the cost of meals we serve to children every week. 

We invite you to partner with us in this next chapter of our lives, as we return to the field. Your continued prayer and support means so much to both of us! 

It has been wonderful seeing all of our friends and family members while we have been back in the states. But after much prayer and consideration, we know the Lord is calling us back to share his message with those in Central America. However, we will return back to the states for a short while to have this sweet new baby!

We want to thank all of our fans and supporters who make this work possible!

If you would like to make a donation towards our ministry, please click the link below.

God bless, 

WHAT kind of adult skills training could these 2 supply? Is Derick teaching accounting 101? Jill can barely do basic math and has zero education to speak of. They don't even fluently speak the same language- how the hell can they "teach skills" to other adults?

Well if they did all this amazing skill and craft teaching last time they were there, why didn't we see any of it? :liar1:

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Well if they did all this amazing skill and craft teaching last time they were there, why didn't we see any of it? :liar1:

Now wait, we did see Derick passing out 1 crayon to each child.

Crafts: Check

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

So the Dullies are there forever, it would seem. They got specific about what godly things they do, probably read here. Well, Derick, that's one way to avoid a real job. 

4 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Because BW, we can't see into the Heartz of all of the peoples they help in SCA. What do their hearts say? We could guess. 

The whole thing is disgusting. How many people do this pretend missionary work does anyone know. 

2 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

So the Dullies are there forever, it would seem. They got specific about what godly things they do, probably read here. Well, Derick, that's one way to avoid a real job. 

Because BW, we can't see into the Heartz of all of the peoples they help in SCA. What do their hearts say? We could guess. 

The whole thing is disgusting. How many people do this pretend missionary work does anyone know. 

Well, most adults, especially those with growing families, need to work for an income to support said family.

I think sometimes we can get jaded by these fundies' behaviors.

How long is this "term" exactly and why is it costing them (the people who donate to them) $24,000?  Did I do the math right??

I bet this "term" is a couple weeks long. They just need to go and pretend to "work" so they can get more donations to roll in. If she needs another c-section, that won't be cheap....especially without insurance.  

ETA - They disgust me.

Also, it astonishes me that Jill grew up with a grifter for a father and doesn't understand how to correctly ask for money for donations. SHOW people EXACTLY and TRANSPARENTLY what you're doing with the money. There's no detail here!

I don't understand these people. Why the fuck would people give their hard earned money to you guys? When you are down in Central America doing nothing but pestering people. 

16 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

How long is this "term" exactly and why is it costing them (the people who donate to them) $24,000?  Did I do the math right??

Yes you did. But I have no idea. This is a crazy amount of money. Wtf. I could live of that for two-three years, finish a masters's degree and a phd... 

Maybe it is a typo?! 

Oh and the living frugal remark cracks me up. They live in a mansion for free. With a pool. When your mother has to teach you what days the grocery store puts out old produce by the dumpster, you can talk to me about living frugally. My mother raised the two of us on less than 15k a year. WTF are they gonna do with 24K?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived