IGNORED

Peter Bradrick files for Divorce

Marian the Librarian

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

:clap:  No, I think it was @treemom who compared his stare to Charles Mason but I agreed.  He has very creepy bright eyes and fixes you with an unblinking stare.  I suppose Steve thinks it is deep and meaningful but I experienced it as very aggressive.  It reminded me of Stephen (the Rifleman) Flemmi.  

I practically wrote a book about our whole hour at a Maxwell Conference a few years ago.  We had to leave then because Mr. P (who took one for the FJ team by going to Stevehovah's session for men) needed to get the fuck out of there.  He's a peaceable guy but Steve made him really furious. He still sputters with anger at the very mention of Steve's name.   I'll try to link the thread.  I can't promise to find it because it was ages ago though.

:pb_lol: The riffle stands!

oooooh, fascinating!  Also, yeah.  That sounds very very creepy.

But then he is a creepy, creepy man, so...

Thank you!

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.  I thought the Botkinettes would be better speakers.  They are robots with an irritatingly motherly tone to their speech.  Their demeanor is just so affected that it is hard to take them seriously.  What even did I watch?!  ROTD could easily pass for a parody, IMO anyway.

Also. I am truly agog at Petey and Kelly divorcing.  I guess I was hoping that they would grow closer and stronger after the DPIAT fiasco.  I hope they both came to this decision together.  I can't imagine how difficult this is for them.  My parents divorced when I was 5, but I've been lucky to still be together with my one and only., so I can only understand how the kids may feel.  I hope they all get counseling so they can transition into their new normal in healthy ways.

Wow, just gobssmacked. I wish them and the kids the best, but it's going to be a hard road for all. Hope both are doing this to grow and move further out of patriarchy.

It seems clear that the major thing binding Kelly and Peter together was Vision Forum and all that crazy garbage. If Return of the Daughter was any indication, they didn't seem to share mutual interests beyond Biblical literalism, raising godly children, and worshipping Doug. Once that's peeled away, there seems to be just the children--and that's not a healthy foundation for a marriage. 

As a child of dysfunctional parents who finally (finally!) divorced when I was in my teens, I agree with other posters that, in the words of Dr. Phil "children would rather come from a broken home than live *in* a broken home." (I despise Dr. Phil, but I love that line.) That said, divorce is still disruptive and terribly difficult on both the couple and the children. There's plenty of room for ambivalence in this mess.

1 hour ago, VooDooChild said:

Wow.  I thought the Botkinettes would be better speakers.  They are robots with an irritatingly motherly tone to their speech.  Their demeanor is just so affected that it is hard to take them seriously.  What even did I watch?!  ROTD could easily pass for a parody, IMO anyway.

Also. I am truly agog at Petey and Kelly divorcing.  I guess I was hoping that they would grow closer and stronger after the DPIAT fiasco.  I hope they both came to this decision together.  I can't imagine how difficult this is for them.  My parents divorced when I was 5, but I've been lucky to still be together with my one and only., so I can only understand how the kids may feel.  I hope they all get counseling so they can transition into their new normal in healthy ways.

The Botkins' lack of presence, expression, inflection -- hell, signs of life -- shocked me.  Even here, some people speak of these two as if they are such perfect, beautiful, fundie royalty that it *must* be crazy daddy (and I agree he's crazy) that keeps the suitors at bay.  After seeing that, I have no trouble believing men are not interested, assuming they are similar in real life.  That's just beyond dull.  

11 minutes ago, Closed Womb said:

The Botkins' lack of presence, expression, inflection -- hell, signs of life -- shocked me.

That is why they are often referred to here as the RoBotkinettes.

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

Here I always thought it was because they're under Geoff's control.  I had never seen more than pics of the daughters before now.   

5 hours ago, Maxwell said:

.....but then again, he seems to pick and choose what he adheres to when it comes to biblical teaching (see here: Statement of Biblical Rebuke for Scott T. Brown and Jason Dohm)

Oh, my!  Legalism hypocrites. Just like Douglas W Phillips, Esq. It's fine for congregants  spiritual inferiors to be disciplined and ordered to be led to repentance by the elders, but when it comes to them personally, well, it's just Adios, Mother F**ckers. So ironic.

Oooops, almost forgot to add Mark Driscoll to the roll call for that particular honor.

@Closed Womb said, The Botkins' lack of presence, expression, inflection -- hell, signs of life -- shocked me.

20 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Androids?

6 minutes ago, Howl said:

Oh, my!  Legalism hypocrites. Just like Douglas W Phillips, Esq. It's fine for congregants  spiritual inferiors to be disciplined and ordered to be led to repentance by the elders, but when it comes to them personally, well, it's just Adios, Mother F**ckers. So ironic.

Oooops, almost forgot to add Mark Driscoll to the roll call for that particular honor.

Androids?

Nope, not Androids... not nearly cool enough.  They're iOS all the way baby!

36 minutes ago, Closed Womb said:

Here I always thought it was because they're under Geoff's control.  I had never seen more than pics of the daughters before now.   

Same here. I didn't make it all the way through (just watched the Kelly and Peter parts so far), but holy hell. My cat could do a better job narrating that. I watched some of the first episode of that "Reclaiming Beauty" thing they did and thought the lack of inflection was just awkwardness. Now that I know it's just how they are....:pb_eek:

1 hour ago, Closed Womb said:

The Botkins' lack of presence, expression, inflection -- hell, signs of life -- shocked me.  Even here, some people speak of these two as if they are such perfect, beautiful, fundie royalty that it *must* be crazy daddy (and I agree he's crazy) that keeps the suitors at bay.  After seeing that, I have no trouble believing men are not interested, assuming they are similar in real life.  That's just beyond dull.  

Both of the sisters have mentioned multiple times that they were very shy children. I believe Anna-Sophia wrote on one of their blog entries that she didn't really want a public life. I think that comes across a lot in their talks and the documentary. I have their "Reclaiming Beauty" webinar that they did a few years ago and they seem much more relaxed and likable in those recordings, probably because they were talking to a microphone, not a crowd. I do feel a little sorry for them in that respect (I was an incredibly shy child myself) because for all Geoff might say about the importance of having your children's hearts, it seems like that ends when he needs someone pretty to stand on a stage and help him make money.

I watched the RoBotkin video.  I had to laugh when Peter said, paraphrasing, Kelly and her ilk aren't out earning nursing degrees that they will have to shelve to relearn cooking and how to run a household.  Um, Peter, a woman can earn a degree, use it and cook and run a household all while raising children, no shelving necessary. Sometimes, no husband necessary! They do it every day and practically every where on Earth. Amen. 

29 minutes ago, ChunkyBarbie said:

I watched the RoBotkin video.  I had to laugh when Peter said, paraphrasing, Kelly and her ilk aren't out earning nursing degrees that they will have to shelve to relearn cooking and how to run a household.  Um, Peter, a woman can earn a degree, use it and cook and run a household all while raising children, no shelving necessary. Sometimes, no husband necessary! They do it every day and practically every where on Earth. Amen. 

Yeah, and a nursing degree wouldn't be any help in raising a bunch of wild-ass kids! Moron. 

7 hours ago, VooDooChild said:

ROTD could easily pass for a parody, IMO anyway.

Except a parody would likely be a bit more interesting and humorous. I just could not get through very much of this at all! 10-15 seconds here and there, tried to fast forward to the interesting bits, but there weren't any.

On 1/21/2017 at 8:17 PM, Black Aliss said:

It happened often enough in the fundie church I was raised in. Not six kids, but the youth pastor did divorce his wife after he knocked up the organist.

Also, if Kelly is unable or unwilling to give him more arrows, wouldn't he be justified in finding a replacement?

The ORGANIST you say! I bet she was talented at playing organs!:GPn0zNK:

14 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Sadly, despite being robotic they're not awesome cyborgs :(

21 hours ago, Jess said:

I seriously doubt moving in with her dad is an option it's unlikely a judge would let her move out of state with the kids unless both parents agree. Judges are far less likely to allow out of state moves then there were even ten years ago. Family law really is moving forward with trying to keep both parents involved. Out of state moves are really only granted at least in my area these days if it's a job situation where there really is no other feasible option.

That is not necessarily true and depends on the state and the terms of any settlement. Judges rarely "let" people do anything in a divorce unless it is highly contentious and goes to trial. Most divorces do not go to trial and settlement agreements are reached. Judges play a referee role in most divorces, not Solomon.

2 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

That is not necessarily true and depends on the state and the terms of any settlement. Judges rarely "let" people do anything in a divorce unless it is highly contentious and goes to trial. Most divorces do not go to trial and settlement agreements are reached. Judges play a referee role in most divorces, not Solomon.

That's why I said unless both parties agree. He could of course agree and the judge would have no say. But if it goes to the judge they are far far less willing then in the pass to allow a parent to move out of state with the kids.

Just now, Jess said:

That's why I said unless both parties agree. He could of course agree and the judge would have no say. But if it goes to the judge they are far far less willing then in the pass to allow a parent to move out of state with the kids.

Either way, it depends on the statute.

DivorceSource.com has detailed but easily understood information on divorce laws in Washington State. There is a minimum of 90 days from filing before a divorce can be granted and parents of minor children must take a mandatory parenting class (can be completed online) before a divorce will be granted.

Community property, best interests of children, yada yada.  However, if you read between the lines, there is an expectation that both parents be around to parent their children.  

Does anyone know how far Peter & Kelly live from Peter's parents?  

Puyallup WA to Montesano WA (P&K to Bradrick parents) is 1 hour 23 minutes, according to Google maps, and assuming ideal traffic conditions.

This post shocked me out of lurkerdom. I feel sorry for Kelly and the kids, and I hope they find themselves in a good place. I'm not going to speculate about the reasons for the divorce, but I will say I'm surprised that Peter is filing, and he always seemed like the happier person in that marriage. I wonder if Scottie Brown knew Kelly was going to leave, no matter what, and told Peter he had to man up and be the one to file. In other words, he wants to make sure Peter looks like the bad guy in all this.

I was looking here and there at NCFIC beliefs.  They discuss marriage ad nauseum but not divorce, because I think for them, it's the unthinkable!  I'll be very interested to see how Scottie spins this, especially at his marriage conferences.  Marriages in NCFIC simply cannot fail, because GOD!  And yes, @Fundiewonder, I agree there is a specific reason that Bradfick! filed and not Kelly.  

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived