IGNORED

Peter Bradrick files for Divorce

Marian the Librarian

Wow, I am surprised to read this and even more surprised that Peter was the one to file.  Won't speculate on any reasons / scenarios but like @Fundiewonder  he always struck me as the one who was the happier party.  He did stand up to DPIAT and did manage to start a career post VF though I have no idea how well he's actually doing.  But I have to give him credit for those things, he was taking responsibility as far as I could see so whatever happened, somehow I don't think he took this lightly.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE the dad being around to co-parent after divorce - do we know if Bradrick! was a hands-on dad, or one of those PP types that leaves it all up to the wife?  It's interesting in these families, because in the Duggars, Jill and Jessa getting married probably impacts more on the little children's day-to-day life than JB being away would, so I wonder how much of a difference it would make to childcare etc in cases like this/Katie Morton's.

Based on my limited experience of seeing a few fundies have a (sort of) crisis of faith and get divorced, I think Peter filed for divorce for the simple reason he doesn't want to be married with 6 children any more.

Peter was a VF true believer, a nearly life-long disciple of DPIAT beginning with his internship. A member of the inner circle and possibly being groomed to lead VF when DPIAT retired.  Peter bought into *everything* patriarchy that VF extolled.

His marriage to Kelly was VF sanctioned by DPIAT and Scottie -- uniting the VF princess with the VF heir apparent.  It was primarily a political and theological alliance. A business arrangement disguised as a courtship and loving fairy tale marriage.  It was not that at all.

Peter then proceeds to be the living example of VF doctrine -- practicing patriarchy - many babies quickly -entrepreneurship (Bradrick!).  He and Kelly are the golden shining example of why SAHD, patriarchy and VF are the perfect way.

And then it all goes to hell in a hand basket.  DP is revealed to be a Tool.  Peter calls him out and is "banished", Everything Peter thought he knew was true was now in question.  His entire VF support system is gone. He suddenly needs a job.  He moves everyone completely across the country for a new start.

Then one day he looks around. He's married to a woman he doesn't really know, with whom he doesn't really have anything in common. There is no more VF to be the royal couple of.  And he has *6* children.  Children he probably had without ever considering if he wanted 6 children,

So he wants out of this life that hasn't turned out the way it was supposed to.  He files for divorce intending to leave it all behind.

Not WK-ing Peter at all, because I think he's just as much of a Tool as DP, but the impulse to chuck everything and start again is pretty universal.  Except -- he has 7 people depending on him -- a situation he created and perpetuated.

Even if he's divorced he's still responsible for those 7 people. He created the situation, now he needs to own it.

Wow...

(I have to imagine that falling away from VF after naming your kids things like "Geneva Convention" and "The First Blast Of The Trumpet Against The Monstrous Regiment Of Women" must be like getting a tattoo of a band you're only into for a month or so...)

23 hours ago, Closed Womb said:

The Botkins' lack of presence, expression, inflection -- hell, signs of life -- shocked me.  Even here, some people speak of these two as if they are such perfect, beautiful, fundie royalty that it *must* be crazy daddy (and I agree he's crazy) that keeps the suitors at bay.  After seeing that, I have no trouble believing men are not interested, assuming they are similar in real life.  That's just beyond dull.  

Maybe an introduction to JRod is in order.  She could teach them how to sell, sell, sell!

I am sorry for the divorce, but I am inclined to be less sure that Peter caused it.  Peter filed, sure, but if recent events have shown us anything, it's that Peter is willing to confront things head on more than most fundies.

It could very well be that Peter was backed into a corner.  After all, unless Kelly changed her beliefs, divorce or a dead bedroom may be the only way for Peter to avoid more children that he may not be prepared to have. 

I am very sorry for all involved. 

Gee, I wonder what Doug-worshiper Stacy could possibly be passive-aggressively posting about? Here’s the Bible verse she recommends: “Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.”

33 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Gee, I wonder what Doug-worshiper Stacy could possibly be passive-aggressively posting about? Here’s the Bible verse she recommends: “Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.”

In her following FB post she asks people to join her in prayer.

She's geared for excommunicating someone with that Revelations quote - "will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent."

Damn, why did no one tell me my nursing degree meant I didn't have to cook and clean?

To think of all those meals I cooked for myself and my family, all those floors vacuumed, laundry done, nappies changed, all the while working as a registered nurse.

well it stops today. Thank you VF!

What in the actual fuck did I just watch? Omg.... I have no words. Tutelage. Kelly used tutelage like 5 times. Clearly, she was parroting Poppa Scott. How's that whole tutelage thing working for you now Kelly? 

I really wanted to slap Jennie Chauncy. What a pompous ass bitch. The whole "women who have college degrees who can't boil water. Has Jennie met the Duggar daughters? None of them know their way around the kitchen even after all their training. Clearly, they flunked the Ph.D program. Maybe that set of Wisdom Booklets got lost? 

The Botkins.... Clearly Geoff's teachings aren't yielding any suitors. They're not doing anything to help their brand. 

I wonder if we will ever find out the real reason behind the divorce? I think she was tired of Sippy Cup's ears. Imagine waking up to that every damn day? That would give you nightmares. 

Run Kelly and get an education. Raise your children better than you were raised. Divorce is the end of the crazy marriage, it's not the end of your life. Make it a new beginning- for you and your kids. 

Now, I need to use that college education to put a frozen pizza in the oven  (I'm too lazy to really cook) and then work on presentations for work. OMG! I'm working for another man.... Probably why I'm still single. 

On 1/21/2017 at 9:00 AM, Clementine said:

She has pinned cocktail recipes. (Cocktails with alcohol.) Having a nose piercing and drinking Mango Mojitos doesn't sound very fundy wife.

Kelly seems to be a very intelligent woman. She was 21 when she was married and had lived a very sheltered SAHD life until then. It may be possible that she, after growing more mature and having new experiences, is just tired of listening to all the fundie BS and wants a normal life. It must be particularly hard to have to listen to your husband's lectures when it's obvious that you are smarter than him.

What's her pinterest?

1 hour ago, divadivine said:

What in the actual fuck did I just watch? Omg.... I have no words. Tutelage. Kelly used tutelage like 5 times. Clearly, she was parroting Poppa Scott. How's that whole tutelage thing working for you now Kelly? 

I really wanted to slap Jennie Chauncy. What a pompous ass bitch. The whole "women who have college degrees who can't boil water. Has Jennie met the Duggar daughters? None of them know their way around the kitchen even after all their training. Clearly, they flunked the Ph.D program. Maybe that set of Wisdom Booklets got lost? 

The Botkins.... Clearly Geoff's teachings aren't yielding any suitors. They're not doing anything to help their brand. 

I wonder if we will ever find out the real reason behind the divorce? I think she was tired of Sippy Cup's ears. Imagine waking up to that every damn day? That would give you nightmares. 

Run Kelly and get an education. Raise your children better than you were raised. Divorce is the end of the crazy marriage, it's not the end of your life. Make it a new beginning- for you and your kids. 

Now, I need to use that college education to put a frozen pizza in the oven  (I'm too lazy to really cook) and then work on presentations for work. OMG! I'm working for another man.... Probably why I'm still single. 

Every time someone said "tutelage", I kept thinking of the teacher from Anne of Green Gables who was [strongly implied to have been] banging Prissy Andrews. "Miss Andrews has been making excellent progress under my tutorage.":GPn0zNK:

It won't embed here, but Doug Phillips, on Facebook, just used a political video as a cover to tell us, in his own words, that "the people who's [sic] scream the loudest, who are the most merciless in their public rampages, and who attack others with the most ferocity, are often the ones who are guilty of the very things they claim to despise."

The VF world must be like telephone scene from Bye Bye Birdie right now. 

I have just endured half of "Return of the Daughters." All I can think is, Yeah,  you folks. Work HARD to convince yourselves that this position is valid. So far,  half the women in the video have proven that your premise doesn't work. 

13 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

It won't embed here, but Doug Phillips, on Facebook, just used a political video as a cover to tell us, in his own words, that "the people who's [sic] scream the loudest, who are the most merciless in their public rampages, and who attack others with the most ferocity, are often the ones who are guilty of the very things they claim to despise."

Probably more than we all know.

How does DPIAT list his name of facebook?

26 minutes ago, Howl said:

Probably more than we all know.

How does DPIAT list his name of facebook?

@DomWackTroll - OMG. I had TOTALLY forgotten that amazing number. What a perfect imageI

@Howl - He now goes by Doug WP with a picture of his father as the profil

4 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Book of MJB, 6:9: "And Stacy shall take the the candlestick out of her snaky and the log out of her eye, thus sayeth anybody who knoweth her history and that of her husbandeth. 

38 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

And now that scene is kinda ruined for me... but I still loves ya. 

I'm thinking The Music Man's "Pick a Little, Talk a Little," myself! 

18 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Book of MJB, 6:9: "And Stacy shall take the the candlestick out of her snaky and the log out of her eye, thus sayeth anybody who knoweth her history and that of her husbandeth. 

They're so damn predictable! The only question was which one would "not gossip" about it first, James or Stacy. 

3 hours ago, seraaa said:

She has pinned cocktail recipes. (Cocktails with alcohol.) Having a nose piercing and drinking Mango Mojitos doesn't sound very fundy wife.

Darlin' @Clementine, Ben Serven's wife also has a nose ring - it's been there at  least since they were engaged. TTBOMK she and Ben have no children after a few years of marriage. What do it all mean, what do it allllll mean...?!

~~~~~~~~~

Also when i snarked on Stacy and the candlestick, i wrote "snaky" -- I meant donkey!!! ROTF

Finally watched all of Return of the Daughters. Holy hell. The part with Jasmine Baucham made me the saddest-- it sounded like she had a plan for what she wanted to do with her life and how she was going to get there. Ugh. 

7 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

Finally watched all of Return of the Daughters. Holy hell. The part with Jasmine Baucham made me the saddest-- it sounded like she had a plan for what she wanted to do with her life and how she was going to get there. Ugh. 

Voddie crushed her-- and he freely admits it! One only has to listen to this woman for a few minutes to realize she's intellectually gifted. It breaks my heart that the only one who benefited from that gift was a man who was spreading a misogynistic message. 

Now that I think of it, didn't Scottie and Peter have a falling out several years ago? Maybe Scottie will try to act like he's saving Kelly. More likely, it will never be mentioned on his blog.

Poor Kelly. When she married, all the fundie bloggers were swooning over her wedding and gushing about how she was a perfect example of young womanhood.  Now they'll either hold her in contempt or take joy in the fall of patriarchy's perfect princess. Even if fundie women have horrible husbands, they can now feel superior to Kelly.

@divadivine, the worst part about Jennie's BS about "women who have college degrees and can't boil water" is Jennie went to college. Plus, there is no doubt she has made money using her education. Yet, she won't  give her daughters the same opportunities and looks down at other women who are college educated or pursuing an education. 

I want to ask these fools, are fundie females so feeble minded they can't learn academia and household arts?  The rest of us heathens  manage to just fine, for the most part. You are right about the Duggar girls.  From what I have seen they may have well have gone to public school and college, because being a sheltered homeschooled SAHD didn't do shit for them. Jessa apparently, can't cook, clean or take  the plastic wrapped guide out of her oven before she turns it on to heat. 

Here's a thought -- maybe Peter will also enroll in formal education somewhere and learn a trade or skill in addition to real estate. AFAIK he didn't go to college after graduating from the SOTDRT. He'd be better able to provide for the arrows with some kind of certificate than with nothing. 

If I were as enterprising as Marian the Librarian, I'd google to see  many RE listings he has right now. But I'm ready for bed. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived