IGNORED

Seewalds 14- Baby can I hold you tonight?

samurai_sarah

All this talk about Spurgeon's curly hair just made remember all the times my mother combed my curly hair when I was a kid!  Ack!  So much screaming (her), and crying (me).

*shudder*

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

All this talk about Spurgeon's curly hair just made remember all the times my mother combed my curly hair when I was a kid!  Ack!  So much screaming (her), and crying (me).

*shudder*

Ugh, me too. My mother has very fine, straight hair. Baby hair, almost. Mine is a thick, curly mane (think Hermione from the HP books). It's impossible to handle. It goes nuts if it's brushed and looks awful. It took me ~20 years to figure out how to take care of it. She still nags me about brushing it, even though I've explained a million times that it just won't work. Fortunately, her mother has hair like mine and we can commiserate. :pb_lol:

54 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

*shudder*

My hair wasn't that curly, still isn't, it's wavy and holy crap. My mother brushing it used to bring me to tears. Something about mothers, I guess. 

55 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

*shudder*

Me too! I don't know why she did- she has curly hair too, she knows the pain lol

46 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Me too! I don't know why she did- she has curly hair too, she knows the pain lol

I think i's just a mom thing, my daugher has the same hair as me, thick and straight...I can still bring her to tears, as my mom did to me!

1 hour ago, karen77 said:

I think i's just a mom thing, my daugher has the same hair as me, thick and straight...I can still bring her to tears, as my mom did to me!

I'm sad to say that I too have the special mom touch, just as my mother did, and probably her mother before her, and so on and so forth. I had very long, very thick hair that got knotted like crazy (not sure why), but it made mornings in my home the worst. My daughter has her daddy's wavy hair and I need to put it in pigtails or else her hair looks like an absolute mess. The tradition of morning misery lives on in my home. :tw_bawling:

I wish I'd known how to care for curly hair years ago.  Not only would I have been spared a lot of pain, both physical and emotional (I hated my curly hair!), but so would my girls.  Three of them had curly hair.  I did know how to brush it gently though.  Their dad -not so much.

1 hour ago, BadMammaJana said:

I'm sad to say that I too have the special mom touch, just as my mother did, and probably her mother before her, and so on and so forth. I had very long, very thick hair that got knotted like crazy (not sure why), but it made mornings in my home the worst. My daughter has her daddy's wavy hair and I need to put it in pigtails or else her hair looks like an absolute mess. The tradition of morning misery lives on in my home. :tw_bawling:

I have thick hair that tangles like crazy if you so much as look at it. By the time I was in preschool my mom decided to solve the issue by refusing to allow any of us to have anything other than a short bowl cut until we were in Junior High, no matter how badly we all wanted to grow our hair out. She still thinks children should have no say whatsoever in what their hair looks like, which boggles my mind.

I have had the underlayer of my hair pink for the last year and a half, and she hates it, but has learned not to say anything about it finally.

On 1/17/2017 at 9:39 PM, calimojo said:

I hope that there are some young women that Jinger will get to know in the Laredo area that she can befriend.  It would be nice for her to experience friendship away from the continuous monitoring of her parents and the non-stop Jesus talk

When you put it that way, it's pretty much friend-repellent.

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I have thick hair that tangles like crazy if you so much as look at it. By the time I was in preschool my mom decided to solve the issue by refusing to allow any of us to have anything other than a short bowl cut until we were in Junior High, no matter how badly we all wanted to grow our hair out. She still thinks children should have no say whatsoever in what their hair looks like, which boggles my mind.

I have had the underlayer of my hair pink for the last year and a half, and she hates it, but has learned not to say anything about it finally.

I'm sorry you went through that. My hair is a very different texture from my mother's, and dealing with it drove her mental. When I was six she gave me $10 and sent me into the mall to go see the hairdresser by myself (she waited in the car and smoked). She had written a note saying 'pixie cut', and I was told to hand it to the hairdresser. I followed instructions, and wound up watching what felt like all of my hair hit the floor of the salon. I was devastated. I held it together for the cut, but was crying by the time I got to the car because I felt so violated and I was mortified that I looked like a boy. My mother told me to get over it, and that my hair was too much work for her to bother with. The mandatory pixie cut (which looked horrible on my frizzy hair) was enforced by the same mall drop off process until grade five when she had a bad bout of depression and left me to my own devices.

30 some years later I suspect this is a big part of why I hate going to hair dressers, can't stand my mother touching me, and get absolutely squirly when anyone starts talking about (or touching) my hair.

It pisses me off when people do things like this to their kids for their own convenience, or start getting judgy about other people's hair.

I have mostly straight hair and spent YEARS in tears when I was younger because my mom insisted on French braiding my hair and she would yank and yank on my hair. Now I can't put my hair up unless I have to because I get headaches. 

@Kittikatz, I had a similar traumatic experience. I feel so badly for you, as yours was caused by your mother. 

When I was 8 and going into third grade, my Grandma had been going to this woman who cut hair in a small town not far from where I grew up. Grandma kept telling Mom how wonderful this woman was as cutting hair. Mom decided to take me. Big mistake. She cut my hair extremely short, which didn't work with my naturally wavy/curly hair. I remember crying the whole way home, saying how much I hated my hair and how I looked like a boy. My Mom was crying, too. Needless to say, we NEVER went back to her. Even now, it is terrifying for me to get my hair cut by a new person. When I moved to my current city 5 years ago, I would wait until I visited my parents to get a hair cut. I haven't been back in way too long, and finally worked up the courage to go to a beauty school before Christmas. I love my haircut!

@Kittikatz I have no words. Your mom sucks. I'm so sorry for what you went through. 

For years, I didn't realize how curly my hair was. I dried it and brushed it and tried to make it flat and it was horrendous. In 9th grade, I thought about how wavy my hair would get after being in the ocean and then driving around in our boat, so I tried putting mousse in it after s shower one day. Holy cow what a difference. Suddenly I had nice hair instead of Mia-at-the-beginning-of-Princess-Diaries hair. 

Interesting. I thought I was the only one.

My father loved long hair. As a result, my hair was never cut until I was seven. I could sit on it, but I was starting to get headaches. So my mother took me off to "Elka's Beauty Box"  which has LONG been boarded up.. and the woman sat me down, washed my hair, and started cutting it all off. With a razor. I heard that thing (it must have been dull) squeal its way through my hair for what seemed like hours. It hurt and I cried and I felt so traumatized that to this day, when I drive past that location, I still shudder. 

Then when I was 14, I wanted a cut for Easter. So my mother sent me up the street with some money, and I went to the local beauty school, which was what we could afford. I asked for a bob. She cut it into a bob and spent the rest of infinity teasing my hair and spraying it with hairspray. I looked like something out of "Hairspray" when I was done. I cried so hard the whole way home, I got a headache. My mother took one look at me, and immediately washed my hair and conditioned the heck out of it to get all the teasing out. The bob was ok, but.. 

Now I have a girl who knows how to do my hair, and I've chased her across three salons for 20 years. My daughter uses her, too.

37 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Interesting. I thought I was the only one.

My father loved long hair. As a result, my hair was never cut until I was seven. I could sit on it, but I was starting to get headaches. So my mother took me off to "Elka's Beauty Box"  which has LONG been boarded up.. and the woman sat me down, washed my hair, and started cutting it all off. With a razor. I heard that thing (it must have been dull) squeal its way through my hair for what seemed like hours. It hurt and I cried and I felt so traumatized that to this day, when I drive past that location, I still shudder. 

Then when I was 14, I wanted a cut for Easter. So my mother sent me up the street with some money, and I went to the local beauty school, which was what we could afford. I asked for a bob. She cut it into a bob and spent the rest of infinity teasing my hair and spraying it with hairspray. I looked like something out of "Hairspray" when I was done. I cried so hard the whole way home, I got a headache. My mother took one look at me, and immediately washed my hair and conditioned the heck out of it to get all the teasing out. The bob was ok, but.. 

Now I have a girl who knows how to do my hair, and I've chased her across three salons for 20 years. My daughter uses her, too.

My dad has had the same hair guy since before I was born. He has followed him multiple places and when I was old enough to need my own hair guy Dad took me to John. The man just gets our type of hair. 

On 1/19/2017 at 0:27 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Just the week prior 4 white teens were slapped on the wrist and given probation for raping a  handicapped black teen by shoving a wire coat hanger in his rectum. the teen needed to be hospitalized, they called him the N work and r word, and they were NOT charged with a hate crime, they got probation.  

Wow, thanks for posting. I keep up with crime news pretty well, and had not heard of this case at all. 

haircuts - I haven't visited a salon since we left Virginia in 2012. there was one salon where the stylists "got" long hair. My hair always looked fantastic. Since then, my hubby cuts the back and I cut the front. I also do my own color. 

The latest post plugs their website so that we can see them wish Joseph a happy birthday. Let's not and say I did. 

The Seewalds are so horrifically boring that we've been talking about hair for like 3 days. My goodness :pb_lol: I've said it once and I'll say it a thousand times, why post a picture/video of yourself when wishing someone a happy birthday? That makes it about you and not them. It's Joseph's birthday, not yours. Post a picture of him or something. Not very modest, Dugwalds. Remember, Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last :pb_rollseyes:

Also, this isn't strictly hair related, but I love the soap brand Filthy Farmgirl. It's organic and sulfate and paraben free and all that, and it has scents like Filthy Hooker and Flying Spaghetti Monster, and I thought y'all might get a kick out of that.

7 minutes ago, StepMonsterInLA said:

This post made me so angry. 

I have no words. 

IMG_3691.PNG

For fuck's sake! They fight for the choice, to not have to be a fucking incubator. They're fighting and marching for the choice to be more. Most women want to have children that they can love and cherish not just be a feather in their quiver. 

It clearly hasn't occurred to her that women may be marching for things *other* than abortion rights--or even women's rights. I know several gay men who are marching today for their rights too.

It's a good thing none of us are particularly invested in calling you sister either, Jessa  Guinn fucking Seewald.

ETA: I just noticed it wasn't Jessa who posted this, but Guinn. Well, the sentiment still stands.

23 minutes ago, JillyO said:

It's a good thing none of us are particularly invested in calling you sister either, Jessa  Guinn fucking Seewald.

ETA: I just noticed it wasn't Jessa who posted this, but Guinn. Well, the sentiment still stands.

Ah they're all the same, the name doesn't truly matter. :pb_rollseyes:

Ewww. But I'm sure Mr Pussygrabber, cheater, serial-husband Trumps is your brother in Christ? Disgusting hypocrites. I also missed the memo that the worldwide marches today are pro-abortion marches. :2wankers:

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived