IGNORED

Seewalds 14- Baby can I hold you tonight?

samurai_sarah

35 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

No, she means of you claim to be a Christian, but you're a racist, then you are wrong. She's calling out self-proclaimed Christians. 

Then she should still have a conversation with Dumb and Dumber.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, I mean I guess I'll give her credit for the racism post, but with this family I take it with a grain of salt. She may post whatever she thinks will keep her followers happy. 

Funny how it's wrong to be racist but ok to be biased against people who don't believe what they do. And just because Jessa posted something against racism doesn't mean she doesn't harbor occasional or more racist thoughts. 

I definitely believe Jill and Derick's shtick over in CA was based in racism-- that the local people couldn't come to the right decision themselves and white people had to lead them to it. Colonist thoughts to the max. 

I think Jessa is against racism as long as it suits her to be. Her and Ben are friends with Flame and his wife, so racism is definitely not cool. As long as their religious beliefs line up with Jessa and Ben's, racism is not cool! 

Just now, Carm_88 said:

I think Jessa is against racism as long as it suits her to be. Her and Ben are friends with Flame and his wife, so racism is definitely not cool. As long as their religious beliefs line up with Jessa and Ben's, racism is not cool! 

"I have black friends!"

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

they are purely friends for the show - i am betting 

jessa has no real friends opposed to her family 

1 minute ago, nst said:

they are purely friends for the show - i am betting 

jessa has no real friends opposed to her family 

Jessa may be friends purely for the show, I'm not so sure about Ben. ;) 

Just now, Carm_88 said:

ben is "friends" with these people because he has an agenda to uphold 

and it lines with what he is trying to achieve 

someone pointed out and I think i might have expanded -that Derick and Ben seemed more genuine in the episode where they did the song for the family - and yesterday's episode just proved this even more - they have nothing to say to each other and it was obvious with Mr V around..they were both boring 

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Jessa was taught to keep outsiders out, so I'm sure she's not really friends with anyone outside the family and maybe Sierra.

What do these people do if a friend says something you don't agree with?! Do they shun them?

I'm not really sure that the Duggars know how to have, cultivate or maintain real friends. JB and M present as users...they become friendly with folks that they can use or who believe exactly as they do. In all these years of TV, have we ever seen any of the younger Duggars display true friendships? Jana and Mich. Bates, perhaps, but how often do they see one another or talk? Can they still be friends since one is married and the other single? How about JB and M? 

Joy and Carlin Bates seem to have a true friendship as well. Those are really the only ones that I can think of. 

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

I'm not really sure that the Duggars know how to have, cultivate or maintain real friends. JB and M present as users...they become friendly with folks that they can use or who believe exactly as they do. In all these years of TV, have we ever seen any of the younger Duggars display true friendships? Jana and Mich. Bates, perhaps, but how often do they see one another or talk? Can they still be friends since one is married and the other single? How about JB and M? 

4 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Jessa was taught to keep outsiders out, so I'm sure she's not really friends with anyone outside the family and maybe Sierra.

What do these people do if a friend says something you don't agree with?! Do they shun them?

but at what point do these outsiders remain outsiders when she is 24 going on 25 despite being in the cult 

see they are all children the age of 16 if that is the true case. 

Do you think that the tacos for life lady would say anything bad to Jessa - they are humpers 

they are royalty 

they aren't real people in that sense and if the tacos lady said I don't like how you dress Spud - she wouldn't say it 

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Um, maybe Jessa should have a conversation with the Duhlards if she thinks Christians can't be racist. The white savior complex is strong with those ones. 

Given the way she's defining racism, something tells me she's more preoccupied with the "reverse racism" B.S. concept than actual racism. I suspect Ben has been trying to work on his wife and in-laws, albeit with limited ability and understanding.

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I feel like once one friend marries, or even in the late courtship phase, the other friend gets pretty much forgotten. How's the single friend going to compete with all the eye worshiping? I think I was once that when a woman meets the one, statistically speaking she loses a few close friends

25 minutes ago, mizandry said:

Given the way she's defining racism, something tells me she's more preoccupied with the "reverse racism" B.S. concept than actual racism. I suspect Ben has been trying to work on his wife and in-laws, albeit with limited ability and understanding.

Yeah Jessa's post makes me think of people dancing around singing  "kumbaya" and saying "we don't see color". It doesn't scratch the surface of racism or take into account any intersectionality. Maybe Ben did try to broaden her horizon and she got pissed. 

34 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I feel like once one friend marries, or even in the late courtship phase, the other friend gets pretty much forgotten. How's the single friend going to compete with all the eye worshiping? I think I was once that when a woman meets the one, statistically speaking she loses a few close friends

Things do change when you go from single to in a relationship in normal every day life. Now in the world of the Duggars, you pretty much are a different person when you get married. So...I doubt there's much friendship. 

Is it bad that I'm looking kinda forward to February 2nd? I remember back to my lurker days when Spurgeon was born and how big of a circus it was. Granted, I don't want Jessa to put herself or the baby in any danger like last time (I'm channeling my prediction that she's going to go the pampered epidural route); I just want the snark, the drawn-out announcements, and the reveal of whatever goofy name she and Bin pick. I've got so much shit going on in my personal life right now that I just want to make some popcorn and watch the thread go on and on... I also kinda want it to be over with.

14 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

If I met someone named Israel, I'd assume they were Latino (since I actually do know a lot of Latinos named Israel), or a much more conservative/religious Jew, though even then, Jewish parents tend to go for pretty classic Biblical names (Sarah, Jacob, Isaac, Rebecca/Rivkah, Adam, Daniel, Hannah, Rachel). Though Irving Berlin's birth name was Israel Baline, so it's not unheard of among American Jews.

That's interesting. Until FJ, I didn't know that was a common name for anyone. The more you know! :pb_razz:

On 1/16/2017 at 6:50 PM, HermioneSparrow said:

I don`t understand the hatred towards Israel as a name, it`s very common here in Latin America and I think is a beautiful name. Shoot me lol

Spurgeon is a hideous name, well at least he`s adorbs.

Yeah, I'm Mexican American and know two Israels. I also think its a nice name. :)

36 minutes ago, Stormy said:

Is it bad that I'm looking kinda forward to February 2nd? I remember back to my lurker days when Spurgeon was born and how big of a circus it was. Granted, I don't want Jessa to put herself or the baby in any danger like last time (I'm channeling my prediction that she's going to go the pampered epidural route); I just want the snark, the drawn-out announcements, and the reveal of whatever goofy name she and Bin pick. I've got so much shit going on in my personal life right now that I just want to make some popcorn and watch the thread go on and on... I also kinda want it to be over with.

Is she due February 2? good to know :D  i have my 3 hour real estate exam on February 1 and I thought it was that day....I can't be on the computer on the 1st so otherwise I would have to  postpone an exam I have gearing up for the last three years - things I take for the team. 

but yes send details 

Feb 2nd is really close. She could go any minute. I've never been a Jessa fan, but I really hope she got paid WELL for her first labor. I can't believe she allowed all of her anguish and agony show! That was rough...I just can't imagine that happening for all the world to see...again. Jessa usually holds it together emotionally but that labor kicked her ass. I was expecting Jill to be the one to fall apart, but we really could not tell she was in labor at all. The only anguish I noticed from her was she was disappointed about having to go to the hospital. She should thank the heavens she didn't have to push huge Izzy out vaginally.

It seems to me that the Duggars have a fair amount of friends.  Their home is often full of people from their social circle.  Jessa seems to be friends with that Tacos 4 Life chick, and who knows maybe Sierra as well.  The Hartonos seem to be friends, and Krista, and the Paines, etc.  I feel like whenever we see pictures of the TTH there are always other people there. 

My impression though is, that the friend group is based on who JB and M feel is appropriate.  I don't really imagine any of the kids being allowed or encouraged to go out and make friends on their own.  I suspect that most of the people they know are people whose parents know the Jimbob and Michelle.  And then perhaps friends of friends who know one another.  I find it hard to imagine that they would have met a friend on their own, away from their crazy cultist followers. 

I think that as the kids were growing up,  the Duggars would meet like minded families and basically introduce them to their kids and instruct that they were to be friends.  I doubt that JB allowed his kids to go a public playground and mingle and meet and make friends there. 

I hope that there are some young women that Jinger will get to know in the Laredo area that she can befriend.  It would be nice for her to experience friendship away from the continuous monitoring of her parents and the non-stop Jesus talk

13 minutes ago, nst said:

Is she due February 2? good to know :D  i have my 3 hour real estate exam on February 1 and I thought it was that day....I can't be on the computer on the 1st so otherwise I would have to  postpone an exam I have gearing up for the last three years - things I take for the team. 

but yes send details 

That's assuming the baby doesn't come a few days before or after Feb. 2; that won't happen, though, because Jessa is going to check into the hospital the night before, change into a gown, and have her last gelato before being stuck with the needle. Then she'll have a relatively pleasant time surrounded by Ben, Jill, and Joy (with Jinger on Facetime and Jana at home babysitting Spurgeon) before Tozer Calvin Seewald comes out like toothpaste. :D

I, in no way witnessed Jessa falling apart.  Labor is hard work and exhausting and that was what was shown.  She weathered it all pretty well, in terms of how she handled herself, or at least what they showed.  Did she say it hurt?  Yes,  did she look restless at times?   Obviously she had complications after the delivery, but even then she didn't seem panicked.

I am no fan of Jessa's but given her tendency towards vanity, I was actually pleasantly surprised that she let them show labor as it really is,  Hard and messy. 

43 minutes ago, Stormy said:

That's assuming the baby doesn't come a few days before or after Feb. 2; that won't happen, though, because Jessa is going to check into the hospital the night before, change into a gown, and have her last gelato before being stuck with the needle.

That might be what she wants to do, but I can't imagine there being a birth on that show without high drama.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived