IGNORED

Seewalds 14- Baby can I hold you tonight?

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

I still don't even understand why it matters. If she wants to cut Spurgeon's hair, then good. If she doesn't, then that is her choice. I know they are big about gender roles but he's still a baby. He's cute and has gorgeous curls, leave it be! 

He is adorable with those curls.  It is definitely her choice but I could see a story and photos plus some bible spouting to get some clicks.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Yeah Jessa's post makes me think of people dancing around singing  "kumbaya" and saying "we don't see color". It doesn't scratch the surface of racism or take into account any intersectionality. Maybe Ben did try to broaden her horizon and she got pissed. 

This is the  between of systemic racism and personal racism. My parents will fume to their dying breath that they are NOT racists because they don't have a problem being around black people or talking to black people, but they really are.  Why because of the seething rage they have for someone like our POTUS, the one we don't want to go, because Trump sucks. Black people are fine, as long as they respect their place in our white society. They can entertain us, they can wait on us they can work for us and with us, but they can NOT be in charge of us. They have no problem with blacks as long as the blacks know they aren't better than the whites are, and  at MOST they can only be as good as, but that is only for a select few, the ones who could pass for white if you were talking to them on the phone or never met them face to face. They have no problem with (insert minority/vagina here) as long as ______ remembers they they are only here because WE allow it.

On January 16, 2017 at 9:59 PM, Incognito22 said:

Let's face it Spurgeon is so adorable he could be named gluten and he'd be cute.  At least that is until they start "training" him to think and act like the males in that cult.  For now I'll enjoy his adorable face and eyelashes.  

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner! Gluten Fred Seewald. (Freddie for short) 

He'll be cute like his older brother and we'll have an obnoxious number of pictures of him, Spurgeon and Mandatory Palestine (Mandy for short) 

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Thank you. Was it persnickety (I love that word) or pejorative (which I spell wrong half the time)? :laughing-jumpingpurple:

Pejorative. Had to look it up, hah. :special-snowflake1:

15 hours ago, calimojo said:

It seems to me that the Duggars have a fair amount of friends.  Their home is often full of people from their social circle.  Jessa seems to be friends with that Tacos 4 Life chick, and who knows maybe Sierra as well.  The Hartonos seem to be friends, and Krista, and the Paines, etc.  I feel like whenever we see pictures of the TTH there are always other people there. 

My impression though is, that the friend group is based on who JB and M feel is appropriate.  I don't really imagine any of the kids being allowed or encouraged to go out and make friends on their own.  I suspect that most of the people they know are people whose parents know the Jimbob and Michelle.  And then perhaps friends of friends who know one another.  I find it hard to imagine that they would have met a friend on their own, away from their crazy cultist followers. 

I think that as the kids were growing up,  the Duggars would meet like minded families and basically introduce them to their kids and instruct that they were to be friends.  I doubt that JB allowed his kids to go a public playground and mingle and meet and make friends there. 

I hope that there are some young women that Jinger will get to know in the Laredo area that she can befriend.  It would be nice for her to experience friendship away from the continuous monitoring of her parents and the non-stop Jesus talk

Krista is pretty liberal and she was still allowed to help at Jinger's wedding despite her many liberal posts (she's okay with trans bathrooms, criticizes pro-lifers and missionaries, and really hates Trump...) And the tacos girl wears pants SHOCKER and Pickles posted an article by another Duggar friend who also goes to college....so I think the girls do get some expsorue to the outside world and I dont thing the parents found these friends because they dont seem to fit the mold...

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

More Spurgie cuteness! emoji7.png

Yes, SES is adorable.

And yes, Jessa does dote on him.

BUT...here is where it goes south, will S#2 get the same level of attention? Will his/er parents view everything s/he does as magical?

How about in 8 years when she is PG with S#10?

When compared with how Jenny and Jordyn were treated at this age, videos like this just highlight the negativity of the procreating to overpopulate the planet mentality.

Yes, SES is adorable.
BUT...here is where it goes south, will S#2 get the same level of attention? Will his/er parents view everything s/he does as magical?
When compared with how Jenny and Jordyn were treated at this age, videos like this just highlight the negativity of the procreating to overpopulate the planet mentality.

It's hard to say but I imagine there is a big difference between the oldest and the youngest. In the way that Jessa was raised. As I have said before my grandmother had 8 and every one of her children had special memories with her as a child. It can be done but it is hard work. Only time and if there are that many children will tell.

On 1/15/2017 at 9:40 AM, Audrey2 said:

Please don't give them any ideas! I can picture Ben, Derrick, Spurgie, and his 17 other brothers, with Uncle Derrick carrying a "The End is Near" sign, and the others dressed in sackcloth, walking barefoot and eating locusts and wild honey. Only Ben will look normal.

I must add, in my scenario, Derrick has the really long hair and really long beard that the old time pictures of the prophets featured.208aee077b2434e91c58728563e545a9.jpg

22 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Yes, SES is adorable.

here is another question - does she have a video camera pointed at him 24/7 :D

can you see her pointing a video camrea at Spud while breastfeeding number 4 ? ....or will that be his job - pointing a video camera at his siblings 

10 minutes ago, nst said:

here is another question - does she have a video camera pointed at him 24/7

You should see the HUNDREDS of mundane videos of my kids doing pretty much nothing but breathing and being the CUTEST THING EVER (to me) that I have. Once in a while I open the folder of them on my computer and watch and wonder what I was recording. I mean they are still cute, but it's like "baby brought his hands to midline!!!!" not "baby's first steps" lol

But to actually address your point, I'll just say I'm glad my babies were both babies at the same time so I have equal videos of both of them. There is no way I'd have time to video a baby doing nothing while also taking care of toddlers/preschoolers/whatever else.

1 hour ago, twinmama said:

You should see the HUNDREDS of mundane videos of my kids doing pretty much nothing but breathing and being the CUTEST THING EVER (to me) that I have. Once in a while I open the folder of them on my computer and watch and wonder what I was recording. I mean they are still cute, but it's like "baby brought his hands to midline!!!!" not "baby's first steps" lol

But to actually address your point, I'll just say I'm glad my babies were both babies at the same time so I have equal videos of both of them. There is no way I'd have time to video a baby doing nothing while also taking care of toddlers/preschoolers/whatever else.

You might be surprised. :-)

iphones make it so much easier. I have big kids and homeschooling to do and I still take tons of "doing nothing" videos of the youngest. We're all enamored. Plus I have the added bonus of the teenager taking nearly as many lol. 

2 hours ago, twinmama said:

To be dead honest, I do that with my cats. They may not be interesting but they're cute! 

4 hours ago, twinmama said:

My parents have thorough documentation of me and my younger brother (by 21 mos.) from birth to about 1st or 2nd grade. And I really do mean birth, as in raw VHS footage of me emerging from my mom's bloody emergency c-section (even up to the point where they were stapling her shut. My dad thought it was cool!). From then on it was a video pretty much every other day to once a week. (Like, one day I might have been in the baby swing for ten minutes, and then two days later I was in it for fifteen minutes. Twenty-five minutes of back-to-back Stormy-in-the-swing footage!)

On 1/15/2017 at 10:32 PM, PennySycamore said:

On the topic of kids not wearing shoes, I have an old photo of my mother and her schoolmates.  My mom is not wearing shoes, but neither were some of the other kids.  it was during the Depression and country kids didn't wear shoes everyday.  Kids would maybe wear shoes to church and when it was cold, but if the weather was good enough to go barefooted, you did.  My mom's feet were pretty dirty, btw.  I love that my mom went to school with dirty bare feet.

My dad came from that era and he always made us wear shoes.  Once he had a job and family he was determined to never let his kids look like we were too poor to afford shoes, which is what they were perceived as.  Now I never feel comfortable without shoes (except for the beach, etc). Funny how those things stick with you.

17 hours ago, MotherOfDragons said:

Just stay away from the 7th... that's MY bday! :kitty-shifty:

Well the 7th really seems to be a very special day. My wonderful roommate and my best friends wonderful roommate were also born on this day.

Back to Duggars and friends. How did the Taco lady become friends with Jessa and Sierra? I don't watch the show so sorry if this is a dumb question.

14 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

To be dead honest, I do that with my cats. They may not be interesting but they're cute! 

I may or may not have made short films of my dog before I had my daughter. And these films may or may not have been set to music. And featured her eternal struggle against the vacuum and her massive crush on Doug the Pug. :pb_lol: :kitty-shifty:

You'd think my baby would get the same treatment now that she's here. But no. I've taken maybe one or two videos in her month of life. I do take tons of pictures of her though. 

(True story - I just took a minute of video of her napping on my chest while I tell her I love her. So we now have two videos. Lol!)

6 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Of course Jess had to call Spur's bun a man bun. Couldn't just be a bun. 

Well Derick's is considered a manbun and he's nothing but an overgrown child...so Spurgeon's is definitely a man bun! 

@VelociRapture That is soooo sweet! 

21 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

They have no problem with (insert minority/vagina here) as long as ______ remembers they they are only here because WE allow it.

I totally agree with you. Many people seem to think that since they would never commit a hate crime or violence against someone that they're not racist, Sexist or some other "ist". And those acts of hate don't have to be violent. It's the little things adding up over time.

I really like Spurgeon's curls, I hope she leaves them for a long time. I don't really see why she should cut his hair unless it begins to bug him in some way or she or Ben wants to. 

As far as it being a man bun... I think sometimes women are criticised if they have a boy and do 'girlish' things with them (or vice versa). So it's a 'man bun'. Why things like buns are 'girlish' is pretty stupid. And why men can't just wear buns is dumb. "It's not a bun, it's a man bun!" :P Ahhhhhhh careful don't break the gender roles, they're fragile.

48 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I made a video montage of my baby and her left hand (which is constantly in her mouth) set to "Sometimes When We Touch."

I mixed a video I took of my son after he first learned to walk with "Move, Bitch" by Ludacris, then put it in slow motion as a joke. :pb_lol: My husband and I were too chicken to actually share it with anyone other than a few friends because it probably wasn't as funny as we thought it was. 

1 hour ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I totally agree with you. Many people seem to think that since they would never commit a hate crime or violence against someone that they're not racist, Sexist or some other "ist". And those acts of hate don't have to be violent. It's the little things adding up over time.

And it is never more evident than it is in the area of crime, take the recent case of 4 blacks kidnapping and torturing a handicapped white teen, they were arrested charged with FEDERAL adult felony charges Kidnapping AND a hate crime and practically crucified by the public. Just the week prior 4 white teens were slapped on the wrist and given probation for raping a  handicapped black teen by shoving a wire coat hanger in his rectum. the teen needed to be hospitalized, they called him the N work and r word, and they were NOT charged with a hate crime, they got probation. This is the perfect example of ystemic racisim in America.  With this story not a peep, it barely made national news, I only heard about it because I frequent many liberal biased news sites, as well as MSM.  When I 1st commented about how unfair this as I was called a pussy liberal and any other means of insult.  A friend of mine said "If this were reversed black people would burn the world down, I mentioned that other case, he said "prove it" So I showed him a link to the BBC news article, he never said a word again. I failed to state in my 1st comment on a comment section that I wasn't disagreeing with black youth being arrested, damn right they should have been I was trying to point out that when crimes are committed against whites by black, we white peole don't have to do or say anything to have the wheels of justice set into motion. When Whites do it to blacks they have to burn a city to even get someone arrested, and even then they still get away with it. Treyvon Martin, Michael Brown, Freddie Gray, Eric Garner, Walter Scott, Philandro Castile, and not only are killers allowed to go free, the victim is "thugified" so that they got what was coming to them, except in the case of Philandro, they tried to make him into a thug but he was nothing but a wonderful upstanding man working with dis advantaged youth trying to keep them off the streets, and he was killed for doing EXACTLY what a cop told him to do, and NOTHING was done about it. And thes are only the cases that made national news, how many more of htem are just swept under the rug? 

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I may or may not have made short films of my dog before I had my daughter. And these films may or may not have been set to music. And featured her eternal struggle against the vacuum and her massive crush on Doug the Pug. :pb_lol: :kitty-shifty:

You'd think my baby would get the same treatment now that she's here. But no. I've taken maybe one or two videos in her month of life. I do take tons of pictures of her though. 

(True story - I just took a minute of video of her napping on my chest while I tell her I love her. So we now have two videos. Lol!)

The videos will come when she stops being a boob/life sucking shitting little monster and is a cute giggle mesmerized by her feet roly poly bundle of fun. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived