IGNORED

Seewalds 14- Baby can I hold you tonight?

samurai_sarah

If I met someone named Israel, I'd assume they were Latino (since I actually do know a lot of Latinos named Israel), or a much more conservative/religious Jew, though even then, Jewish parents tend to go for pretty classic Biblical names (Sarah, Jacob, Isaac, Rebecca/Rivkah, Adam, Daniel, Hannah, Rachel). Though Irving Berlin's birth name was Israel Baline, so it's not unheard of among American Jews.

One of my friends from "Jew Camp" (all Jewish overnight camp) was named Israel but we all called him Izzy. Mostly classic biblical names otherwise.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I am so sick of the twin teaser. We know it's not twins! Stop it! :P 

But but but, what if it's triplets!!! 

1 minute ago, freedom_for_all said:

But but but, what if it's triplets!!! 

Then it will be the holy trinity! Father, son, and holy ghost. Oops too Catholic! :P 

Just now, Carm_88 said:

Then it will be the holy trinity! Father, son, and holy ghost. Oops too Catholic! :P 

Is the holy trinity strictly a Catholic thing? 

21 minutes ago, freedom_for_all said:

Is the holy trinity strictly a Catholic thing? 

No, I don't think so. But fundies are more concerned with Jesus. 

Jessa is speaking up about racism...that's interesting. 

6 hours ago, 19Kittens said:

Let kids be kids, I see no reason for kids under 3 to be forced into shoes especially when they're sitting in a cart. I may not agree with Jessa on a lot, but I can't fault her there.

My daughter is 2 & VERY spirited. She took her rain boots off in the car and by the time we got to safeway I just did not want to fight her anymore. Stuck her in a cart with her heavy winter coat and pants and socks on. by the time I get to produce her jacket is off, both socks are off and I'm battling her tooth and nail to leave her dang shirt on, then out of left field this BITCH comes out of god knows where and goes "OMG you poor baby! you must be freezing! your mommy really should put some clothes on you!" My daughter looks her square in the face. screams "NO, NAKED TIME" and whips her shirt off right there in the produce section. I looked at the lady and said "i guess she's not cold" and beelined for the bathrooms to wrangle clothes back onto her lol

Oh God...I feel for you. I had one who could strip to the diaper IN his car seat. How he did it, I'll never know. When he was born, it took 3 nurses to put a t-shirt and diaper on a 7lb baby boy. He was flipping, flopping and screaming bloody murder. We lived in SW Indiana when he was born...he was about 18 months old and wanted to go play in the snow. So, I told him we'd put his snowsuit on and he could go play. Oh no...he wasn't having that. Out of utter frustration, I let him go outside, figuring he'd come in because it was colder than a polar bear's testicle out there. Nope...kid stayed outside until he was purple...fortunately by then he couldn't fight me when I brought him in. Did he learn? Nope...next snowstorm same damn thing. 

What happened to Ben? I don't see him posting on any medium??

He posted some fire and brimstone bible quote a while back on Instagram but he has been rather quiet

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

"Shear mercy of God"  Amazing. 

I wish my hairdresser would have shear mercy on my hair at my next haircut and give me a decent cut for a change.

Um, maybe Jessa should have a conversation with the Duhlards if she thinks Christians can't be racist. The white savior complex is strong with those ones. 

I don't think Jessa wanted her son to be named Spurgeon, either. I'm thinking that had a lot to do with the delay in announcing the name. And when they did announce it , Jessa didn't look entirely thrilled with the name to me. She looked like she'd lost the argument and had to go along with naming him that in order to defer to her husband. 
I still think it's an awful name, but I guess I'm getting more used to it. And he's such a happy and adorable baby!

I'm terrible at guessing, but I think she'll have a 9lb, 3 oz baby boy on January 30th. Maybe she'll name him Ignatius and then there will be an Izzy and an Iggy and a Spurge. lol

On 15.1.2017 at 8:52 AM, feministxtian said:

22 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Are you my daughter? I had to yell at her this morning not to go out in the INCH OF ICE we had outside, in her damn flip flops. She hates shoes, I'm not much better, I'm my father's daughter after all but I do have enough sense to put on real foot where when it is snowing or freezing cold, my father, brother and daughter don't but I do. 

Sorry for the extra Quote boxes. 

My first thought was " i would never go outside with flipflops in the snow". But then i remembered the holiday during winter two years ago in spain. I was at the beach, about 12°celsius and i walked barefoot only to feel the sand under my feet. The water was very very cold but it' s been worth ist. :special-snowflake1:

And now we have baby man-bun Spurgeon. Interesting to note that Jessa explicitly points out that no, they still haven't cut his hair, as it sounds like she's expecting comments on it, unsurprisingly.

Why do people want them to cut his hair? His curls are gorgeous. Not so much the man bun...reminds me too much of Derick. Ick! 

48 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

And now we have baby man-bun Spurgeon. Interesting to note that Jessa explicitly points out that no, they still haven't cut his hair, as it sounds like she's expecting comments on it, unsurprisingly.

Looks better on Spurgeon than on his uncle...

20 hours ago, MargaretElliott said:

I love the name Isreal, phonetically. Lots of vowels, the ea sound in the middle, soft consonants- it sounds almost Elvish to me. However, their reason for picking the name just rubs me the wrong way. Didn't Jill wear a Star of David necklace? I dunno, the way that family treats the Jewish people/faith is both derisive and fetishy. It's kind of appropriative. Makes me feel icky.

It's Israel, ae, not ea.

I'm sure many of you know this already, and someone can explain it better than me, but I think these Fundies are into Israel because of some end-time prophecy about the Messiah coming again specifically from an Israel that is Jewish.  This is also why a lot of Republicans now are behind the more hawkish leaders of Israel like Netanyahu who are proponents of West Bank settlements and against any sort of 2-state solution.  

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Um, maybe Jessa should have a conversation with the Duhlards if she thinks Christians can't be racist. The white savior complex is strong with those ones. 

No, she means of you claim to be a Christian, but you're a racist, then you are wrong. She's calling out self-proclaimed Christians. 

6 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

He posted some fire and brimstone bible quote a while back on Instagram but he has been rather quiet

He posted yesterday on Instagram about racism on MLK day. 

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Maybe Ben's classes are keeping him busy?

I doubt he's taking classes this semester. Remember, he also took the semester off when Jessa had Spurge. More time for him to film with Flame, I guess. 

26 minutes ago, marmalade said:

He posted yesterday on Instagram about racism on MLK day. 

I doubt he's taking classes this semester. Remember, he also took the semester off when Jessa had Spurge. More time for him to film with Flame, I guess. 

I didn't check yesterday, way to post Ben when I'm not paying attention to you! He may not be taking classes because of the baby/filming. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived