IGNORED

Seewalds 14- Baby can I hold you tonight?

samurai_sarah

After the initial digust at that post wore off, I realised that I'm pleased they posted it. As others have noted, didn't they seem sweet? Well, as it turns out they are full of bile. Let them be seen for what they truly are. 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fundies are so dumb. So, so dumb. We are literally marching against your kind. Guinn, you are not my sister. You are evil shaped in the form of something that resembles a human. 

Also that instagram post is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. 

5 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Fundies are so dumb. So, so dumb. We are literally marching against your kind. Guinn, you are not my sister. You are evil shaped in the form of something that resembles a human. 

Also that instagram post is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. 

Were there any good comments on it?

12 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Were there any good comments on it?

Lots of people disagreeing with her, a few that didn't. "if we keep aborting all the female babies, who is there left to fight for women's rights?" :5624797b0697e_headbash: :youre_nuts:

Just now, SorenaJ said:

Lots of people disagreeing with her, a few that didn't. "if we keep aborting all the female babies, who is there left to fight for women's rights?" :5624797b0697e_headbash: :youre_nuts:

Well, I was hoping for good comments disagreeing wth her :) I know there are plenty of nutcases that agree!

Just now, karen77 said:

Well, I was hoping for good comments disagreeing wth her :) I know there are plenty of nutcases that agree!

There are plenty of people disagreeing with her actually! The leghumper comments are harder to find. Which is most definitely a good thing! 

4 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Comments from the post: because I'm too lazy for screenshots  

"A fetus' life is not worth more than that of a condemned prisoner ...who is probably black, poor and mentally ill. Why aren't you campaigning for them ? Read the account of the crucifixion, open your heart to your own spiritual pride." 

"Thank goodness you don't have your own show. Its people like you who make the world what it's become - an uninformed, judgemental, opinionated bully. Educate yourself about the march."

What is a "live abortion"? Are they at least saying that it's acceptable for a woman to terminate a pregnancy if the fetus has already died? Because in Ireland (and yes, I know this is more Catholicism than Protestantism, but go far enough in extremist beliefs and they're all basically the same), a few years ago a woman died in agony from sepsis because the Catholic hospital she went to when she miscarried refused to do a D&C even when it was clear that the fetus was no longer viable.

These people are not pro-life; if they were, they would be advocating for quality healthcare for all, better education so that people are able to make informed, healthy choices about family size/sexual practices/etc., the end of for-profit prisons and police brutality, humanitarian relief and safe homes for refugees, a better-run foster system that actively prevents abuse, and safeguards against abuse of adopted and homeschooled children. But they rail against any of that. They are pro-birth and nothing else.

What's that word for when a group takes a pejorative word and redefines it as "their own?"  (Like we're here, we're queer...)  Can't we take the words "pro-life" and change the meaning to "support all lives."  We need some writers  or columnists to turn that word around.

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

b0abc09d6c6bb58f6ce55c09345b8e71.pngc586986ff229565a60ac4e85ab1a4c63.png
These are my favourites in the disagreements that I have seen

THose are great! I hope they read them and take them to heart.

4 hours ago, Exposedknees said:

I'm very angry about that post. How many times does it have to be said that PRO-CHOICE does not mean pro abortion. :kitty-cussing:

I did not march yesterday because I'm in a wheelchair and rain was forecast...and rain + wheelchair= SUCKS! I could not be prouder of my 2 daughters and many of our friends who DID march with 16,998+ others in Raleigh NC.  8K marched in Greensboro, NC, 10K in Charlotte, NC, 10K in Asheville, NC, 2K in Wilmington, NC. Small NC towns reported 150-800 marchers. :clap: Low ball estimates are of 3.2 million women marching in the US alone. 65 countries, and all 7 continents had marches. My niece in Australia marched in Sydney!! Countless other women like me cheered them from home.  Go back into your hole Seewald family, you're out of touch. Watch out Trump administration- we are here and watching you. 

Mark your calendars for the midterms Nov. 6, 2018. Yes we can start making changes.

Rant over. :roll:

Raleigh was amazing!! My daughter went to DC with her fellow law students. So encouraged by this movement. 

The Seewalds are backwoods, ridge runnin' hillbillies who unfortunately have a small platform. It is up to us to keep them, and their ilk, with ONLY a small platform.

16 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Raleigh was amazing!! My daughter went to DC with her fellow law students. So encouraged by this movement. 

The Seewalds are backwoods, ridge runnin' hillbillies who unfortunately have a small platform. It is up to us to keep them, and their ilk, with ONLY a small platform.

DC was exhilarating! I marched with my mom and her friends from high school, and my older cousin, who's basically like my big brother and was leading the male marchers in a chant of "your body, your choice!" whenever we passed by anti-abortion counter-protesters.

Also, let's not insult people from rural areas. Trump proves that you can be a stupid, ignorant bigot even in a massive apartment on Fifth Avenue in the middle of one of the most diverse, cultured cities in the world; the Seewalds are ignorant assholes because they choose to be, not because of where they're from.

1 hour ago, karen77 said:

THose are great! I hope they read them and take them to heart.

Haha they won't. Those people will be blocked. They did get to say what they wanted though. 

DC was exhilarating! I marched with my mom and her friends from high school, and my older cousin, who's basically like my big brother and was leading the male marchers in a chant of "your body, your choice!" whenever we passed by anti-abortion counter-protesters.
Also, let's not insult people from rural areas. Trump proves that you can be a stupid, ignorant bigot even in a massive apartment on Fifth Avenue in the middle of one of the most diverse, cultured cities in the world; the Seewalds are ignorant assholes because they choose to be, not because of where they're from.

Sing it sister! Many people resent the rural=dumb rhetoric and find it very divisive. Right now we need unity!

8 minutes ago, freedom_for_all said:

Sing it sister! Many people resent the rural=dumb rhetoric and find it very divisive. Right now we need unity!

It's also just wrong, and very classist. Assuming that someone is stupid or a bad person because of where they grew up is always wrong, no matter who you're doing it to.

42 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

What??

I would never insult people from a rural area. I was born in raised in a southern rural area!  I still live in the South!

I am referring to the Seewalds. And the Duggars. And the Like...

What??
I would never insult people from a rural area. I was born in raised in a southern rural area!  I still live in the South!

I was being sarcastic, not serious. Epic fail on my part. I'm sorry. I was also born and still live in Alabama.

What??

The Duggars and the Seewalds would be dumb and ignorant no matter where they lived because they want to be that way!

Good to know that fundies are still just as stupid and don't ask questions / do research before they spout their traps!

Even my own very Catholic mother knows that abortion exists for many reasons and that it's none of her business to question them / none of her business.

This march was for many reasons! It was to rise women up and not criticise their life choices (as fundies love to do).

I am still knitting my cat hat because I only found out about the march on Friday and I am a slow knitter. I like cats so it serves dual purpose to me. It was really nice to see all the hats on the news and all the great women who marched.

5 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

What is a "live abortion"? Are they at least saying that it's acceptable for a woman to terminate a pregnancy if the fetus has already died? Because in Ireland (and yes, I know this is more Catholicism than Protestantism, but go far enough in extremist beliefs and they're all basically the same), a few years ago a woman died in agony from sepsis because the Catholic hospital she went to when she miscarried refused to do a D&C even when it was clear that the fetus was no longer viable.

These people are not pro-life; if they were, they would be advocating for quality healthcare for all, better education so that people are able to make informed, healthy choices about family size/sexual practices/etc., the end of for-profit prisons and police brutality, humanitarian relief and safe homes for refugees, a better-run foster system that actively prevents abuse, and safeguards against abuse of adopted and homeschooled children. But they rail against any of that. They are pro-birth and nothing else.

Her name was Syreta Panavar or something similar. She was a pretty senior doctor in her own right too and from what her husband said to the media at the time, she'd even put forth the reasoned medical arguments and when a midwife told her Catholicism doesn't allow it, she pointed out she wasn't Catholic.

Some folks in the health service here are awful. I insist on using my professional title of 'Rev' (not Christian) as it's my degree and I worked hard for it. The number of times we've had problems, including a secretary laughing in my face and calling over various orderlies and nurses to join in because "this one thinks she's a priest", then asking Mr MIO "aren't you ashamed to be with her when she says stuff like that."

More disturbingly, when asked when he would be making his communion, my friend's six year old politely explained the family are atheist, only to be asked "Aren't you afraid? Don't you know you're going to burn when you die?"

Yeah, healthcare and 'faith' seem to be just a little too tricky for some in the health system here.

1 hour ago, freedom_for_all said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/01/22/it-wasnt-just-liberal-enclaves-womens-marches-drew-surprising-numbers-in-red-states-and-small-towns-too/

It has been encouraging to see how many people care.

6 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Good to know that fundies are still just as stupid and don't ask questions / do research before they spout their traps!

Even my own very Catholic mother knows that abortion exists for many reasons and that it's none of her business to question them / none of her business.

This march was for many reasons! It was to rise women up and not criticise their life choices (as fundies love to do).

I am still knitting my cat hat because I only found out about the march on Friday and I am a slow knitter. I like cats so it serves dual purpose to me. It was really nice to see all the hats on the news and all the great women who marched.

Do you know if there is anywhere I can buy a hat? I can't knit to save my life. Trust me, I've been taught by three different people. 

8 minutes ago, freedom_for_all said:

Do you know if there is anywhere I can buy a hat? I can't knit to save my life. Trust me, I've been taught by three different people. 

I am not sure but if you look at the Pussyhat project website or google you might be able to find some?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived