IGNORED

Seewalds 14- Baby can I hold you tonight?

samurai_sarah

Since I've been wearing my cranky-pants all day (thank you, migraine), I'm going full-on Salty BEC for a moment:

Who wants to break the news to Jessa that the impending arrival of Baby Seaweed #2 is no longer a matter of importance to FJ?

I'm MUCH more wickedly curious about the batshit-cray-cray Putman compound  to which we had opening night, front-row tickets.:popcorn:

At the behest of @Palimpsest, I won't use the c-word.  But if next week's episode walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, well .... I'll be on the lookout for the family pitcher of Duck Kool-aid. 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want healthy baby healthy momma, like we all do. 

I want her to have proper medical care for the birth. Like we all do. 

19 hours ago, 19Kittens said:

My daughter looks her square in the face. screams "NO, NAKED TIME" and whips her shirt off right there in the produce section. I looked at the lady and said "i guess she's not cold" and beelined for the bathrooms to wrangle clothes back onto her lol

I think I love your daughter! That is such a perfect response to a meddlesome busy bodyl :my_biggrin:

8 hours ago, nst said:

they are purely friends for the show - i am betting 

jessa has no real friends opposed to her family 

The taco lady and Sierra might be her friends. But I think friendship in fundieland isn't as we would define friendship in the real world. You only share all the shiny things in your life. I don't think that people like Jessa would let their "friends" see their dark sides, fears or even sins. It is all about being the perfect Christians.

4 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I just want healthy baby healthy momma, like we all do. 

I want her to have proper medical care for the birth. Like we all do. 

That and a son! No more girls born into that cult.

And I would also like to add that I want a loooooooong break between baby 2 and 3. I know. This is not going to happen, but I can dream, right?

7 hours ago, calimojo said:

I, in no way witnessed Jessa falling apart.  Labor is hard work and exhausting and that was what was shown.  She weathered it all pretty well, in terms of how she handled herself, or at least what they showed.  Did she say it hurt?  Yes,  did she look restless at times?   Obviously she had complications after the delivery, but even then she didn't seem panicked.

I am no fan of Jessa's but given her tendency towards vanity, I was actually pleasantly surprised that she let them show labor as it really is,  Hard and messy. 

Of course she wasn't panicking. Her big baby was out and I know she was happy and relieved. She looked to be real proud and happy while on the ambulance stretcher. Heck, I was proud and happy myself. Now this is the same chick who did not kiss at her wedding...but was ok with showing a very graphic labor. I'm just very shocked. I'm glad it was not glossed over. Labor is definitely not glamorous  during or after. Oh and for anyone with more than 2 episiotomy scars...I think you are bad ass. Gurl...I just can't.

9 hours ago, BadMammaJana said:

Yeah, I'm Mexican American and know two Israels. I also think its a nice name. :)

There's also Israel Houghton the gospel artist. It's definitely not a completely obscure name. For me the only issue with it is the agenda/political statement behind it in this case. 

Is she due February 2? good to know [emoji3]  i have my 3 hour real estate exam on February 1 and I thought it was that day....I can't be on the computer on the 1st so otherwise I would have to  postpone an exam I have gearing up for the last three years - things I take for the team. 
but yes send details 

Good luck on your exam, you are going to ACE IT!

Weird suggestion, but I power posed before a big exam once and got a 5 (AP test). I also studied my ass off but the power posing helped.

8 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

At the behest of @Palimpsest, I won't use the c-word.  But if next week's episode walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, well .... I'll be on the lookout for the family pitcher of Duck Kool-aid. 

Request not behest.  Yes, I can be very persnickety but words have meaning.

On the other thread I asked people to be more careful about using the word cult and whether it was being used in a sociological sense with regards to the Putnams.  It's too often just tossed around as a pejorative term, IMO.  

This sounds more like a seriously over-enmeshed "high control" family group at the moment.  Very unhealthy, probably, but not necessarily a cult in the sociological or theological sense.

More information about how ducks cults are defined - it is a bit complicated - here:  http://cultdefinition.com/

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

The taco lady and Sierra might be her friends. But I think friendship in fundieland isn't as we would define friendship in the real world. You only share all the shiny things in your life. I don't think that people like Jessa would let their "friends" see their dark sides, fears or even sins. It is all about being the perfect Christians.

the latest picture on Sierra's instagram just confirms what I am saying.  That picture of the taco lady, Jessa and Sierra are again captured and Jessa's looks pissed yet Sierra calls her poised.   So imo the humpers and the in crowd will never ever say let's say bitchy on a picture.... so i have to agree and go one step further. It's all about fake illusions which is not real life 

Since insomnia has me re-watching the Putman quackers clan, I'm catching a few things that slipped by the first time. 

@MarblesMom -- you heard correctly. New house is 34,000 square feet!

Dr. Blake-ers -- a happy camper he is not. Very tightly wound. He is treated disrespectfully by dad and brothers. 

Blair is preggo with her ___th.  If they move out, wondering how she'll cope with it on her own. She's very anxious. 

Well, shoot. This is kinda in the wrong thread again. Sorry about that. 

Okay, I've missed some stuff.

A girl born February 3rd, 9lbs 2oz. 

Just stay away from the 7th... that's MY bday! :kitty-shifty:

17 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Why do people want them to cut his hair? His curls are gorgeous. Not so much the man bun...reminds me too much of Derick. Ick! 

One of my boys had gorgeous curls like Spurgeon and the only reason we ended up cutting his hair eventually (I try to get it trimmed, not really cut) is because it was in his eyes so much he'd blink funny. I figured I either needed to barrette it back, ponytail it, or trim it. We trimmed. He's 5 now and only has the gorgeous curls when he's super sweaty or it's been too long since he's had a bath :) I miss those sweet baby curls.

I wonder if Jessa is going to do some cultural appropriation and hold off Spurgeon's first haircut until he is 3 the way ultra orthodox jews do.  It is called an "upsherin".

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Request not behest.  Yes, I can be very persnickety but words have meaning.

On the other thread I asked people to be more careful about using the word cult and whether it was being used in a sociological sense with regards to the Putnams.  It's too often just tossed around as a pejorative term, IMO.  

This sounds more like a seriously over-enmeshed "high control" family group at the moment.  Very unhealthy, probably, but not necessarily a cult in the sociological or theological sense.

More information about how ducks cults are defined - it is a bit complicated - here:  http://cultdefinition.com/

I"m glad you posted this, I was so confused and though it was the c word referring to a vagina!!!

18 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I wonder if Jessa is going to do some cultural appropriation and hold off Spurgeon's first haircut until he is 3 the way ultra orthodox jews do.  It is called an "upsherin".

I feel Jill is more into the cultural appropriation than Jessa. I think that Jessa would just say that she didn't want to cut his hair. Though in the terms of stunts to keep the show rolling, I wouldn't be surprised. 

31 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I was actually thinking this because of that chef Padma whatever her name is - she did that 

it would be something Jessa would do 

just to be different and whatnot 

Culture appropriation...and a Duggar...LOL- Nah.

Come on folks, the Duggars are many things, but deep, analytical, educated thinkers and planners they are not.

She likes his curls and just hasn't gotten around to trimming them- much like the dust bunnies under bed.

Didn't like the man bun, but that little face always makes me smile. I love that Jessa shows him happy, and doesn't worry that he's dancing to music. So different from the screaming Izzy swaddled in a blanket.

I still don't even understand why it matters. If she wants to cut Spurgeon's hair, then good. If she doesn't, then that is her choice. I know they are big about gender roles but he's still a baby. He's cute and has gorgeous curls, leave it be! 

1 hour ago, karen77 said:

I"m glad you posted this, I was so confused and though it was the c word referring to a vagina!!!

Oh, I'm even more persnickety about people using that c word as a pejorative!

You are welcome. :)

18 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Then she should still have a conversation with Dumb and Dumber.

She needs to have a conversation with her whole damn family, her congressmen, governor and probably herself.

She's also still discussing racism as simply prejudice when racism is backed up by structural powers. 

Edit: She should also have a word with her lovely new president :kitty-cussing:

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Oh, I'm even more persnickety about people using that c word as a pejorative!

You are welcome. :)

I love reading your posts because I always learn a new word. 

2 minutes ago, Pasta said:

I love reading your posts because I always learn a new word. 

Thank you. Was it persnickety (I love that word) or pejorative (which I spell wrong half the time)? :laughing-jumpingpurple:

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived