IGNORED

Lori Alexander 14: Environmental Notebook Doodles & Self-Righteous Husband Bashing

Kimberly Davis Morgan Yes!!! I received custody of a 2 year old 7 months ago. The poor baby was 46lbs!!! I feed her 6x a day, but all real food. She couldn't even get herself off the floor unassisted. She is now 3 and is a healthy 41lbs. <3 
Her bio mother had custody for 9 days and the poor baby gained 6lbs!!!! She was miserable.

3 · 2 hrs

The Transformed Wife What a blessing that you came into her life!

Wasn't it all not that long ago that Lori was on about how no one can replace a child's biological mother? That the biological mother is so critical to the child's success?

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Today, she is picking on overweight children and blaming their mothers feeding them the wrong food. 

Excuse me while I go vomit. 

There are a thousand reasons for why a child might be overweight. And they are definitely not all food-related. Might be medical, might just be puppy-fat, might have other reasons. No one size fits all.

Wow...

Letha Franklin I am 23 and i have 3 kids and let me tell you since they were about 6 to 8 months old i have been using the spanking method (before anyone tells me thats to young then you should have taken my kids for a day they are very smart and started disobeying early) now with that being said of course i started small like when my daughter was right over 6 months and i told her no she would look at me and then continue reaching and i then would say no and she would look at me and continue reaching so then i said no and popped her hand and she sat up and looked at me then looked at the item she was reaching for and didnt do it again. And i have popped my kids in the mouth but literally only once one of my sons continued to say a bad word and i popped his mouth and that fixed him and my daughter talked aggressively back once and i popped her in the mouth and i haven had any ugly outburst like that.

When I was a teenager, my five-year-old cousin passed away from leukemia. Part of his treatment (I do not know what, exactly) caused him to gain weight, mainly from fluid retention, I think. He became a very chunky little boy as he fought for his life. I remember his mother telling the family that a snotty old woman in the grocery store reprimanded her for allowing him to "get so fat."  Thankfully, she stood in that grocery store and ripped the old bat a new one for picking on a sick child. 

I wonder how how many desperate mothers of ill children Lori has offended. 

Letha Franklin I am 23 and i have 3 kids and let me tell you since they were about 6 to 8 months old i have been using the spanking method (before anyone tells me thats to young then you should have taken my kids for a day they are very smart and started disobeying early) now with that being said of course i started small like when my daughter was right over 6 months and i told her no she would look at me and then continue reaching and i then would say no and she would look at me and continue reaching so then i said no and popped her hand and she sat up and looked at me then looked at the item she was reaching for and didnt do it again. And i have popped my kids in the mouth but literally only once one of my sons continued to say a bad word and i popped his mouth and that fixed him and my daughter talked aggressively back once and i popped her in the mouth and i haven had any ugly outburst like that.

Well, someone's going to be spending her old age alone. .. 

Funny that this mean bitch is brave enough to hit kids, but too cowardly to describe what she actually did. "I slapped her in the face."

15 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Well, someone's going to be spending her old age alone. .. 

Funny that this mean bitch is brave enough to hit kids, but too cowardly to describe what she actually did. "I slapped her in the face."

I was just going to post the same thing. It's always "popped" or some other sanitary language to attempt to massage their conscience into being ok with hitting kids. Even the mental gymnastics around "spanking" vs "hitting" ("Spanking is not the same as hitting!"). You can support spanking all you want, but it is clearly hitting your child on the bum.

Lori:

Children who are raised by parents who weren't afraid to train them even in the area of eating healthy are blessed. 

Lori needs to stop giving advice about "training children in the area of healthy eating".  She "trained" at least two of her children into some serious eating/body image issues.  That's to say nothing of the son who makes his children sit on a blanket cry for food while he and his wife eat dinner.  Then when they aren't hungry he force feeds them.

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

When I was a teenager, my five-year-old cousin passed away from leukemia. Part of his treatment (I do not know what, exactly) caused him to gain weight, mainly from fluid retention, I think. He became a very chunky little boy as he fought for his life. I remember his mother telling the family that a snotty old woman in the grocery store reprimanded her for allowing him to "get so fat."  Thankfully, she stood in that grocery store and ripped the old bat a new one for picking on a sick child. 

I wonder how how many desperate mothers of ill children Lori has offended. 

I'm so sorry about your cousin. :cry:

Do steroids make a person retain fluids? I also had a cousin who had leukemia; this was back in the sixties, and I don't really know what the standard treatments were for that at that time. But I remember that sometimes when we visited her family, she had clearly gained weight, then other times, she'd be back down to her normal weight. She fought the disease for over four years, and the last time I saw her before her death (at the age of nine :( ), she had gained a lot of weight again. I was only 11 when she passed so don't remember much about her treatment, but I do remember the adults talking about steroids a few times.

I like to think that she never had to hear horrible remarks about her appearance by strangers, but she probably did, remarks that I'm sure hurt my aunt and uncle as much as they hurt her. Lori and her ilk are hateful, hateful people.  

A little girl I knew died at the age of seven after years of battling a brain tumor. As she lay in her casket at her wake,  dressed in her white First Communion dress and veil, some cow in the receiving line said to her friend, "She wasn't always that chubby. She gained weight from the medicine she was on." I had to fight to keep from cutting a bitch, or at the very least giving her a piece of my mind. Fat-shaming a poor child as she lay in her casket? I don't ever think I have ever been angrier, before or since.

Henry T O'Justus Deep! Can you recommend any males I can follow that post for men please?

5 · 2 hrs

The Transformed Wife No, I don't know any.

LOL, what BS! Of course she knows men who can teach men. Ken doesn't blog but he must know several bloggers. Really she doesn't want to say so the men can follow her instead and so she can teach them. 

This on a comment on her latest facebook doodle. The doddle is sad in its right. She says thinking you deserve to be with someone who loves you and can make you happy is a recipe for divorce. 

I'm new to this particular fundie crazy train but while reading this chick's Facebook there was a Bible verse from Matthew that I kept thinking about- "These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules."

I'm sure Lori has read this verse before but instead of feeling convicted she uses it as ammo against those who disagree with her. This woman reads the Bible with an agenda of hate and condemnation.  I think it's sad. I can't imagine being so miserable that I find joy in shaming others. I pray that Lori finds peace so she can stop being such a fu*king twat all the time. Amen.  

18 hours ago, Koala said:

The entire video is just her talking about how pretty she used to be, and all of her regrets.

16 hours ago, freealljs said:

She was/is obsessed with her looks (agree with @Koala). She has not embraced the aging process because of Ken maybe, which makes me wonder if Ken isn't so turned on by her and lets her know regularly that she is old and wrinkly; hence, her obsession with yoga pants, thongs, bikinis, short skirts, and low-cut tops, well, pretty much anything that "younger women" may wear. Ken has a wandering eye and makes Lori feel inadequate and insecure. Just so sad.

This strikes me as really sad. I've never been what anyone would call pretty, so maybe I just can't understand. And my body is disfigured by disease. In other words, age can't rob me of something I've never had in the first place. But it strikes me as so sad that she (and apparently Ken) have placed such a high price on her physical appearance, which is, after all, fleeting. 

Then again, as much as she looks- and body-snarks other women, maybe I should save my sympathy. 

4 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Oh, yes, that fallacy. Because organic food has less calories than non-organic food. Because of magic, I guess? 

I see SO MANY people who seem to believe this. Who load their plates with organic junk food or "sugar-free" crap or (my favorite) vegan junk foods with the idea that they're "healthy." I'm not sure how so many people are lacking in basic nutrition knowledge. 

3 hours ago, linnea27 said:

I was just going to post the same thing. It's always "popped" or some other sanitary language to attempt to massage their conscience into being ok with hitting kids. Even the mental gymnastics around "spanking" vs "hitting" ("Spanking is not the same as hitting!"). You can support spanking all you want, but it is clearly hitting your child on the bum.

No, I suspect she literally "popped them in the mouth" rather than slapping them in the face. My mom slapped our faces, and she popped our mouths, and these were two very different actions. "Popping our mouths" was a slap directly over our mouths rather than a cheek slap (like a slapped face implies), and it HURT. I'd had some teeth knocked out fairly early in life, so every time she "popped me," I had the added jolt of terror that she'd do further damage to my teeth. 

Something smacked me on the latest doodle about love & happiness. Maybe it's her selective hair splitting with verbiage... the passage she is fussing about is written from a female perspective mentioning being with someone who makes her happy. In the rant about the post, Lori says her marriage wasn't good until she learned to please Ken. I'm going to assume that pleasing someone isn't synonymous with making them happy. At least not in Lori's world. (I do understand that true happiness is a state we get to from within but happy can also be gleaned from those with whom we surround ourselves)

From my little perspective, if the wife is to please the husband, why can't the husband please the wife? If women are supposed to be able to make themselves happy, why can't men do the same? I get tired of her constant double standards. 

And what the hell is the fundy fixation with being skinny????? Is it supposed to be a self discipline thing?

I almost feel bad snarking on Lori. I know Ken says that her personality didn't change after she had brain (surgery? cancer?) issues, but would he have noticed if she did? He doesn't strike me as someone who notices things. 

This doodle, though. She's got the insight of a spider. 

The stupid facebook meme said "you DESERVE..." Lori. 

And while I agree that being with someone who makes you blissfully happy sometimes doesn't necessarily lead to long term relationship stability, her post is idiotic if you go back to the fact that the meme is talking about women deserving something, not what they necessarily do. 

My biggest gripe, though is the idea that my partner should tell me my "flaws" so I can improve them. Maybe he actually likes me for who I am, Lori. Maybe what Ken would decide are flaws are actually assets in my relationship. (Hint: They are. SO only dates smart women and HATES that submissive crap. If I started cooking him dinner and not being able to make a decision (like if my car dies and I need to choose a mechanic or buy a new one? I talk it over with him but ultimately it's my car and my choice, and my money.) I assume Ken would be furious that I would listen to his advice and then make my own decision.  If my SO pointed out my flaws, I'd be so hurt. I mean, I know my flaws. I'm terrible at FPS video games (so I don't play them very often), I'm bad at cleaning, and I eat too much. I also have hair that takes forever to maintain so sometimes I just put it in a ponytail on Friday night and leave it that way until Monday morning. 

I know that I'm not Ken's type (thank god). I'm shorter than Lori, my bmi is likely higher, I think staying at home with children sounds like hell on earth (having older kids and not being confined to the house sounds OK though), I don't exist to please and serve, and I would tell him to shove it if he came at me with some coconut oil when I wasn't feeling it. 

16388237_1708685602478807_8065824304643371442_n.jpg

That doodle really pisses me off. I'm married to someone who tells me that he can't imagine life without me, who screamed at the top of his lungs, not 2 hours out of major surgery "I WANT MY WIFE" so loud I could hear him on the other side of the doors. THAT is the man I married, who loves me THAT much. He loves my saggy, baggy, scarred and stretch-marked body so much he likes leaving the lights on if you know what I mean. THAT is the man I am married to, who, even during the very rough times, I loved (didn't like him much at times but...). The man who was there when my father died, The man who agreed to taking in my mother when she couldn't live on her own anymore. The man who followed me all over the country...

Lori doesn't have a clue what love is. 

7 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

who screamed at the top of his lungs, not 2 hours out of major surgery "I WANT MY WIFE" so loud I could hear him on the other side of the doors.

This made me giggle. Mr. Polecat did something similar when I had a d&c after my first miscarriage. It took a while for me to come out of the anesthesia, so I was in recovery a long, long time. He was FREAKING out and driving the nurses absolutely nuts. Finally, they actually brought him back into the recovery area just to shut him up (something that was way against policy, but I was the only person back there at the time so I guess they figured it was okay). 

9 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Lori doesn't have a clue what love is. 

Nope. And I pity them both because they never will. They're neither one of them capable of loving anyone other than themselves.

2 hours ago, polecat said:

No, I suspect she literally "popped them in the mouth" rather than slapping them in the face. My mom slapped our faces, and she popped our mouths, and these were two very different actions. "Popping our mouths" was a slap directly over our mouths rather than a cheek slap (like a slapped face implies), and it HURT. I'd had some teeth knocked out fairly early in life, so every time she "popped me," I had the added jolt of terror that she'd do further damage to my teeth. 

I am not understanding this distinction- I would call both incidents "hitting". I am wondering now if this is a regional difference in language. You say "literally popped them in the mouth" but "pop" is not a term I would expect to hear in this context. I would expect to hear "struck them in the mouth," or slap, or hit, or punch. "Pop" is used for what I have seen American's call soda, or a popping noise. It is that latter definition that made me think it was a euphemism (striking someone so it made a "popping" noise). I have never known the term to be a synonym for "hit", but i gather now that is exactly what it can literally mean.

I am sorry you experienced that. Reading Lori's posts justifying these actions makes me weep for the children who experience it.

@feministxtian that love story is the real stuff of fairy tales. :)

1 minute ago, linnea27 said:

I am not understanding this distinction- I would call both incidents "hitting". I am wondering now if this is a regional difference in language. You say "literally popped them in the mouth" but "pop" is not a term I would expect to hear in this context. I would expect to hear "struck them in the mouth," or slap, or hit, or punch. "Pop" is used for what I have seen American's call soda, or a popping noise. It is that latter definition that made me think it was a euphemism (striking someone so it made a "popping" noise). I have never known the term to be a synonym for "hit".

I'm not polecat, but from my experience, pop in that context is generally considered to be something quick, 1-2 smacks, whereas hitting, the smacks are stronger, longer, and there's more of them. Difference in degree, really, not in kind. A smack is a smack no matter what.

10 minutes ago, linnea27 said:

I am not understanding this distinction- I would call both incidents "hitting". I am wondering now if this is a regional difference in language. You say "literally popped them in the mouth" but "pop" is not a term I would expect to hear in this context. I would expect to hear "struck them in the mouth," or slap, or hit, or punch. "Pop" is used for what I have seen American's call soda, or a popping noise. It is that latter definition that made me think it was a euphemism (striking someone so it made a "popping" noise). I have never known the term to be a synonym for "hit", but i gather now that is exactly what it can literally mean.

I am sorry you experienced that. Reading Lori's posts justifying these actions makes me weep for the children who experience it.

In no way am I saying that slapping, popping, etc. is not hitting. They are all forms of hitting. They are all wrong.

"Popping in the mouth" = hitting a child in the mouth

"Slapping in the face" = slapping the face, usually a cheek 

5 hours ago, Loveday said:

Do steroids make a person retain fluids?

Yes. DMD (Duchenne muscular dystrophy) boys are typically treated with steroids as part of their treatment and you can almost always tell which ones are on steroids because they all get this round face, etc. Lori's diet and healthy living would never cure them nor will it keep them walking and independent (bathroom, feeding, drinking, adjusting/moving their own legs at night while sleeping, etc). Lori would look at DMD boys and think the parents are horrible for letting them get "fat" and be in a motorized wheelchair.

5 hours ago, Loveday said:

I'm so sorry about your cousin. :cry:

Do steroids make a person retain fluids? I also had a cousin who had leukemia; this was back in the sixties, and I don't really know what the standard treatments were for that at that time. But I remember that sometimes when we visited her family, she had clearly gained weight, then other times, she'd be back down to her normal weight. She fought the disease for over four years, and the last time I saw her before her death (at the age of nine :( ), she had gained a lot of weight again. I was only 11 when she passed so don't remember much about her treatment, but I do remember the adults talking about steroids a few times.

I like to think that she never had to hear horrible remarks about her appearance by strangers, but she probably did, remarks that I'm sure hurt my aunt and uncle as much as they hurt her. Lori and her ilk are hateful, hateful people.  

Yes they do. Steroids do awful things to your body, both physically and mentally. 

It's tragic enough that children and parents have to go through these horrific treatments, but to then be faced with evil comments about their physical appearance....

what is wrong with people? 

Thanks, @quiversR4hunting and @Gemini . My cousin definitely had the round, puffy face, so I guess I remembered correctly the talks I overheard as a child. :(  

3 minutes ago, Gemini said:

what is wrong with people? 

I wish I knew. :pb_confused:

35 minutes ago, linnea27 said:

"Pop" is used for what I have seen American's call soda, or a popping noise.

Only a small minority of Americans in a specific region use this ridiculous term for soda. 

4 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Only a small minority of Americans in a specific region use this ridiculous term for soda. 

According to Huff Post a huge section of the US calls it "pop". My region is one of them. The map is very interesting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/12/soda-vs-pop_n_2103764.html

Just now, quiversR4hunting said:

According to Huff Post a huge section of the US calls it "pop". My region is one of them. The map is very interesting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/12/soda-vs-pop_n_2103764.html

Weird, I thought it was just Michigan. 

Though, I'm not sure about that map. My experience tells me it's soda in Chicago and Seattle (although I say soda so maybe it's just people realizing I'm a tourist?) 

The coke thing really gets me. I don't even know how that would come about. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived