IGNORED

Lori Alexander 14: Environmental Notebook Doodles & Self-Righteous Husband Bashing

I agree with Hisey.  They feed off each other, and some of them are probably just stupid enough to try it.

I do get the thought behind the post though.  When Lori didn't respond to the poster about the feeding tube, my first thought was that she was private messaging her answer so no one would see. 

I operate on the theory that what we see of Lori is what she's willing to put out there.  There is no telling what she does/says when no one is around to contradict or stop her.

I remember once a poster started telling some horror story about her marriage.  Lori deleted all of her comments so they wouldn't "detract from her message" and said she'd email the woman.  I'd bet my last dollar she told her to submit and win him without a word.

Similarly, she recently said that if a wife was submitting, a husband wouldn't want to abuse her in the first place.  That alone tells you that she really thinks abuse victims are to blame for their own abuse.

Kind of random, but the point is, I think Lori probably gives out very dangerous advice when she knows no one can call her on it. 

***SIDE NOTE*** In today's notebook doodle:  

Translation:

Have sex with your husband during half time so he doesn't spend the afternoon drooling over other women.

I wonder if she ever gets sick of babysitting Ken?  

Afternoon at the beach?  Gotta leave, Ken just saw a woman.

Pretty waitress?  Gotta switch tables.  Have to protect Ken's eyes, you know.

Guest poster on your blog?  Better block her.  Ken's hitting on her in comments (for the entire world to see).

Ken join FJ?  Better hide the stamps.  He's trying to send candy to random women on the net.  

He even humiliates her in the comments of her Facebook, prattling on about fighting the desire to have multiple partners.

Not to go all Dr. Phil on Lori, but honey, you can't build a big enough fence around him.  A cheater's gonna cheat.

If you have to ply a man in his 60s with "half time sex", you aren't really solving the problem, you're just temporarily avoiding it.

Again, this makes her musings about how pretty she used to be, even sadder.  THIS is what happens when you marry for a steady sex for steady money exchange.

I knew a pastor who used to say, "If you marry for money, you'll be paying for the rest of your life".  He was right.  Both of them have paid for marrying for the wrong reasons, and the result has been a loveless marriage, and 2 bitter people.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/3/2017 at 7:25 PM, louisa05 said:

I have long held the opinion that the removal of sports from secondary and post-secondary educational institutions would be a huge step in improving our education in this country. Too often, sports become the priority for parents, students, staff and administrators. 

They are increasingly become "pay to play" and that defeats the purpose of having them in the public schools in the first place. I don't mind sports and I think competitive play is normal and healthy. But we've really screwed it up (just like everything else in this country.) 

I'd like to see less emphasis on team sports and more on individual achievements, and academic competitions as well. 

Part of me thinks that the NFL, NBA, etc is at least partially to blame. While I understand that they are being paid a lifetime salary for a few years of work that will likely leave them with permanent physical damage, and (most of) the players aren't being paid adequately in comparison to the owners, the league, etc, it's still outrageous. And kids are pressured into this from their family and it's this stupid dream that people have of "making it". 

I don't intend to watch the halftime show--or the game itself--because I'm not into football.(I gave up after the Bills lost four straight SB's.)

Pitchers and catchers, however, report next week!

Halftime for Super Bowls are long, about 30 minutes or so.

After having sex they'll still have 20 minutes to fill.

15 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

They are increasingly become "pay to play" and that defeats the purpose of having them in the public schools in the first place. I don't mind sports and I think competitive play is normal and healthy. But we've really screwed it up (just like everything else in this country.) 

I'd like to see less emphasis on team sports and more on individual achievements, and academic competitions as well. 

Part of me thinks that the NFL, NBA, etc is at least partially to blame. While I understand that they are being paid a lifetime salary for a few years of work that will likely leave them with permanent physical damage, and (most of) the players aren't being paid adequately in comparison to the owners, the league, etc, it's still outrageous. And kids are pressured into this from their family and it's this stupid dream that people have of "making it". 

The irony is that I am a huge sports fan. I really am. I countdown the days to Spring Training every year. My mom and I traveled a few weeks ago to attend U.S. Figure Skating Nationals. 

BUT sports in schools have become prioritized above the actual mission of the schools. And, as you say, it is more and more pay to play. Even in public schools that manage to allow kids on teams without fees, parents have to pay for summer team camps and expensive gear. Even worse, more and more, only the kids who have been playing on expensive traveling league teams in any given sport since they were small children make the team in most schools. I had students who had had personal private coaches for their team sport since they were 6 or 7 years old. And those were the super stars on the school team. The kid who wants to try out basketball in 7th grade is out of luck because the ones that have had a personal shooting coach since 1st grade will get all the playing time; and by high school, he won't make the team at all.  Then there is the matter of how much sports has grown in schools and become a bigger time commitment for kids and coaches. When I was in high school, our boys' basketball team made the state finals two years in a row. Going all the way to the last possible game of the season, the played 22 games my senior year. Twenty years later when I was teaching, our boys team went to the state final and it was their 32nd game. Since then, they have allowed for even more games for basketball (and every other sport) and each season has been lengthened. 

And the idolization of big time college and professional sports have set kids (and too often parents) up for skewed expectations. I had a student who insisted all through high school that he didn't need to do anything academically because he was going to play basketball at Duke then go to the NBA. That may have been a cute dream for a kid who likes basketball in 6th grade, but when he was a junior that not a single college was recruiting, let alone Duke, it wasn't cute. But even his mother would explain the Duke/NBA plan without a hint of not believing it. Last I heard, nearing seven years since graduating, he is living at home and working part time at a hardware store. He never went to college at all and never played basketball (on a real team) again after high school. 

We can find a way for kids to have sports opportunities without attaching it to school. There are already thousands of private leagues for younger kids. They could be expanded to high school age. Charities (how about those pro sports leagues for one) could kick in to make sure more kids have access and more families can afford for their kids to play. And people who dreamt of being coaches could be coaches there instead of being mediocre (or worse) teachers just so they can coach. In this state, head varsity coaches have to be certified teachers. A bad, bad rule which leads a lot of people into the classroom when they have no desire to teach and sometimes no aptitude for it. Schools could stop closing down for basketball tournaments and track meets and homecoming pep rallies. And athletes might not be the most important people in the hallway because their exploits would not reflect "glory" on the school. 

On 2/4/2017 at 1:59 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

I'm gobsmacked...four times in eighteen weeks? I'd explode.

I taught elementary school. We took regular bathroom breaks as a whole class. I would line them up in the hall and let anyone go who needed to.  They were also allowed to stop in the bathroom if needed when  we were in transition to recess, PE, computer etc.  Very seldom did anyone ask during class.

15 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I taught elementary school. We took regular bathroom breaks as a whole class. I would line them up in the hall and let anyone go who needed to.  They were also allowed to stop in the bathroom if needed when  we were in transition to recess, PE, computer etc.  Very seldom did anyone ask during class.

That is what the elementary buildings I sub in do for 1-4 in one district and 1-2 in the other. Kindergarten has bathrooms attached to the rooms and kids go absolutely whenever they need to. 

One district, though, has a quasi middle school set up for grades 3-5 and they also have some bathroom issues. Third grade seems to let them go as needed, but 4th-5th tries to limit it to a single class bathroom break before lunch. 

I let mine go when then need to..I HATE that some schools come up with crazy rules about going to the bathroom.  I rarely have a student take adIvantage.  I guess I feel that basic necessities shouldn't be regulated. 

Halftime is only 30 minutes...that ain't long enough to get my groove on with my mister. We have plans for later :) 

I'll probably take a shower during halftime...that's long enough to shower and do my hair...,mostly because I'm not into Lady Gaga...now if they had oh...Aerosmith or The Boss...I'd skip the shower for the halftime show. 

GO FALCONS!!!

I won't watch the Superbowl.  My soon-to-be-ex-husband will. He cheated on me with a woman who totaled my car by driving drunk and somehow was able to afford season tickets for her and him to the Falcons, but couldn't afford to pay my car or medical bills for the woman whom she nearly killed.  

Fuck the Falcons (as long as she buys their season tickets).

Rant over. You all can downvote me all you want.  

@freealljsupvoted in support, not for your dickbag of a soon-to-be-ex.  And also for the woman whom she injured ( I hope she has found peace).

56 minutes ago, freealljs said:

I won't watch the Superbowl.  My soon-to-be-ex-husband will. He cheated on me with a woman who totaled my car by driving drunk and somehow was able to afford season tickets for her and him to the Falcons, but couldn't afford to pay my car or medical bills for the woman whom she nearly killed.  

Fuck the Falcons (as long as she buys their season tickets).

Rant over. You all can downvote me all you want.  

Yikes! Sorry you had to deal with that. Hope the "homewreckin' hussy" went to jail or something for what she did and the injured woman sued the pants off of her.

All, I'm sorry for the rant. Really I am. Guess it was on my chest all this time and I never had a safe forum to vent. Everyone on my FB keeps saying "rise up."

But we both tried suing that woman and she told the judges that she was broke. We separated after they started sleeping together. She did end up dumping him, once she was done with him (and his wallet). The woman whom she nearly killed, is alive and well. She is also not a big Falcons fan. 

I think what gets me about Lori and Ken is that they have NO CLUE what it is like to be cheated on, lied to, mentally abused, and what it is like to have a child witness parents fighting and not loving each other. I ended up moving out of the Atlanta area to start my and my DD's life over. 

They also have no clue what it's like to live in poverty and have no rich parents or church to help. Despite everything that I've been through recently, I may not support the Falcons anymore (LOL), but I don't in any way sound as miserable as Lori did in that video of her about wasting her youth.  

Ken chimed in:

WOW... if you do that it will be your husband's best Superbowl ever! Whoever is running commercials during halftime is wasting their advertising dollars as so many of us will not be watching.

They are so gross.

Also, I'm pretty sure they don't need Ken Alexander and his Horse of TRUTH to tell them what is a waste of money.

I'd love to be watching the Superbowl with my husband...

A box of ashes just doesn't tell me the what's and why's of all the umpire calls when I don't understand what's happening..

Sitting here watching the game w/hubby and fielding FB notes from friends...I skipped halftime to take a shower and do my hair...wouldn't miss spending time with my hubby for anything. We can be perfectly happy watching TV and he's studying for his test and I'm goofing off on the 'net or working on school stuff or whatever...we don't have to talk all the damn time, there's something called companionable silence...that's comfortable. 

Lori and Ken wouldn't know a happy marriage if it stood in front of them and she's leading other women to stay miserable...I refuse to be miserable...nope!

I'm in Atlanta and forgot the Superbowl was on. Mr. Pianokeeper told me about the final score, and now I am actually a bit sad for my city.

(See, Lori, my other half doesn't give a rat's ass that the day I try to teach myself to knit is also Superbowl Sunday, and I get so caught up in knit v. purl I forget the existence of the game.  He's cool with me having my own interests, which are allowed to differ from his, and I'm not expected to feign interest.)

1 hour ago, Pianokeeper said:

He's cool with me having my own interests, which are allowed to differ from his, and I'm not expected to feign interest.

Same here...you honestly couldn't find two people more different than my mister and me. He's mister watch TV, is an artist, a talented carpenter, wouldn't read a book if you paid him. I'm more of a bookworm, but also into mechanical shit like cars, sci-fi movies (although I've converted him to Star Trek and Star Wars and really bad syfy channel movies). He's more emotional, I'm more logical. How we've managed 20 years...we embrace each other in our differences and over the years have grown commonalities. We're both pretty secure in who we are so we give each other the freedom to do our own thing. 

I think what gets me about Lori and Ken is that they have NO CLUE what it is like to be cheated on, lied to, mentally abused, and what it is like to have a child witness parents fighting and not loving each other.

Oh, I don't know about that... she doesn't have much clue what the real world is like in many ways but wives who trust their husbands don't spend so much time obsessing about the existence of other attractive women in the world. And husbands who are faithful to their wives don't spend so much time elaborately proving their virtue.

Lori: "Is he looking at that woman (minding her own business, totally unaware of their presence, possibly reading a novel) in a bikini? Curse that Jezebel for trying to steal my husband."

Ken: "Lori, pack the kids up, we have to leave right now, that harlot is trying to make me cheat on you."

If spotting some cleavage or a well-turned bum is all it takes for Ken to seriously consider throwing his wedding vows in the trash, it's gonna happen sooner or later. Ken consults for orthodontists- surely he's seen at least one attractive woman in his professional life, and surely Lori doesn't follow him around all day every day.

I bet their kids heard PLENTY of screaming, nasty, abusive fighting. Lori yelling at Ken about some woman, Ken yelling at Lori that it's her fault because she gained 2 pounds and they went right to her butt.

Seems like Lori is anti-Lady Gaga because Gaga supports equal rights and inclusion - such terrible things in Lori's "I'm a better Christian" world.

Edited to add:  in case you are not aware, Gaga was the halftime performer of the super bowl, which Lori wrote her doodle against.

8 hours ago, lawfulevil said:

Oh, I don't know about that... she doesn't have much clue what the real world is like in many ways but wives who trust their husbands don't spend so much time obsessing about the existence of other attractive women in the world. And husbands who are faithful to their wives don't spend so much time elaborately proving their virtue.

I wouldn't be shocked if Ken has cheated. Remember his weird rant about how it wouldn't be considered cheating if a woman found her husband with a naked woman sitting on his lap? 

Lori:

IF all women truly understand what “shamefacedness” actually meant: not drawing attention to ourselves, women may not want to be up on stage preaching either.

How about trying to create viral posts and bringing attention to yourself that way? And then mentioning the viral post over and over again. Isn't hosting your blog basically a stage anyway? Not as in your face, but it is your platform to preach and speak your mind. 

My big question is: Since Lori found the IF gathering so offensive; WHY did she spend four or five hours listening to it?? She seems to fill her head with lots of "wrong" teaching. She has mentioned several times that their church does not teach things properly. She seems to watch lots of "ungodly" television - for teaching purposes, of course. 

About the cheating; lots of red flags about Ken have been mentioned. I'd just like to remind everyone that he admitted to being surprised that the women at his office did not flirt with him. That sounds like a man who was looking for an easy opportunity and a convenient excuse - "Babes!  SHE flirted with me every day at work. You know a man can't withstand that kind of pressure."  

As of now, there are no comments so far in her two most recent posts and only one comment on her post on training children to not be gluttons. Meanwhile, the post on raising sons had 12 comments within a day.  We can prevent a post from becoming viral by not commenting.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived