IGNORED

Seewalds 13 - Baby Still Baking

choralcrusader8613

16 hours ago, karen77 said:

Looks like Anna is wearing bright turquoise in the pics....I can't seem to zoom in to look more closely though.

Gack, 130 people is crazy!!! I wouldn't know 130 women to invite in the first place!

Where does Anna live now? In Jill's old blue house? 130 isn't surprising considering the mega weddings they have. They probably invited a lot of fans that have wormed their way into the Duggar's circle (like Ciara did). 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jill is only a month ahead of my due date and her belly is WAY bigger than mine.

I think Jill will always be huge now and I really hope that she will get proper pre-natal care. As if what am I think about she's a midwife...totally!

Just now, Carm_88 said:

I think Jill will always be huge now and I really hope that she will get proper pre-natal care. As if what am I think about she's a midwife...totally!

I know Michelle and Anna went to baby visits with Dr. Sarver, but do the others go to monthly appointments? Or just perform ultrasounds on each other? I don't recall Jill or Jessa going to a doctor appointment on the show. 

I know Michelle and Anna went to baby visits with Dr. Sarver, but do the others go to monthly appointments? Or just perform ultrasounds on each other? I don't recall Jill or Jessa going to a doctor appointment on the show. 

They don't, that's why I said that.

This sounds so asshole-y but I can't think of a more eloquent way of wording it at the moment.

I think Jill loves to look pregnant ASAP and probably either A) Eats a lot so she bloats  B) Sticks her stomach out further than normal. C) Wears the clingiest shirts she can find or D) All of the above. 

39 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

would you like me to tell you when our appointment is scheduled so you can sit in 

10 minutes ago, nst said:

would you like me to tell you when our appointment is scheduled so you can sit in 

What? They are featured on the show performing at-home ultrasounds, but have not been filmed seeing a professional. That will OBVIOUSLY make viewers curious whether they are receiving proper medical care for the baby. And if they don't want people questioning it, they shouldn't  have a REALITY SHOW, which they call a "ministry" and consider themselves to be great example and rolemodels for the world…so presenting amateur, unqualified prenatal care as an acceptable option is a pretty dangerous message to spread. 

1 hour ago, VeganCupcake said:

Where does Anna live now? In Jill's old blue house? 130 isn't surprising considering the mega weddings they have. They probably invited a lot of fans that have wormed their way into the Duggar's circle (like Ciara did). 

There are 19 kids in the family and presumably they hang out with people who have other large families.  I'm pretty sure they could invite 130 people they actually know without having to pad the numbers.

22 minutes ago, nst said:

Well yeah, that whole, pee in cup, hop on scale, listen to heart beat measure stomach, see you in a month thing, is boring even by Duggar TV standards.  BUT a mention of a Doc appointment or we were at the doc last week and all is well, isn't asking a lot or even intrusive, IMO. 

13 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

What? They are featured on the show performing at-home ultrasounds, but have not been filmed seeing a professional. That will OBVIOUSLY make viewers curious whether they are receiving proper medical care for the baby. And if they don't want people questioning it, they shouldn't  have a REALITY SHOW, which they call a "ministry" and consider themselves to be great example and rolemodels for the world…so presenting amateur, unqualified prenatal care as an acceptable option is a pretty dangerous message to spread. 

They aren't at home u/s Jill has a doppler to hear the heartbeat and they go to one of those u/s boutiques just to get the sex of the baby, nothing medical about it.  

17 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Jill looks thrilled to be less pregnant than Jessa. 

OR, She looks thrilled because she she may be having the first grand twins? She looks rather big for the first trimester/beginning of second trimester.

I'm also in the hating-showers boat. A family member's wife was having a little girl, and they had so many games. Guess how many inches mom is around, present bingo. The most fun I had was this little game where you guessed what animals were called as babies, and I just made up names and animals and tried to convince people that yes, a baby turtle was called a turtlet. And snarking on the games with my family. I plan on not finding out the sex of any children I have, so I'll get all gender-neutral stuff I can use for multiple kids (not that the baby would care anyway, it's a baby.) I don't want games, I don't want to sit in front of everyone and open presents, I just want to hang out with my friends and family and eat obscene amounts of potluck food.

At Spurgeon's shower, didn't they have a contest where the dads made baby food, and they did a taste test? Because men can't cook or parent, that's wimminz work, hahaha! /sarcasm

50 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

OR, She looks thrilled because she she may be having the first grand twins? She looks rather big for the first trimester/beginning of second trimester.

Meh. It could be a mixture of bloat (common in first tri), lots of baby shower food, and the fact that many pregnancy bumps grow faster with second babies. Doesn't mean anything. I will say, for being five months ahead, Jessa doesn't look all that much bigger than Jill in that picture. They both look great. I really hope they take proper care of themselves and their babies this time around.

OK, you all know the Four are adopted. When we were waiting for One, my SILs decided I HAD to have a baby shower. I was reluctant, because you never know if adoptions are going to fail and so on. I begged them to wait until after One was placed with us and the papers were signed. Well, they didn't.

Mr. Four's family has a habit of inviting everyone they've ever met to showers, weddings, etc. As a result, many people I'd never met, and many who didn't know I wasn't pregnant, arrived at the shower, which had to be held at a restaurant's banquet room to accommodate the numbers. I found it humiliating, having to explain to complete strangers that we were adopting. I also felt very strange accepting gifts from people I'd never met.

Put me in the "not in favor of showers" group.

Recently, I attended a baby shower for my nephew's wife, and we had to play the "guess the chocolate candy bar in the diaper" thing. Why? It's a waste of diapers.

If Jill doesn't get prenatal care after the debacle that was Israel's birth, then she may just be the dumbest Duggar. Seriously. 

I remember when Anna had her baby shower for Mac and they played the chocolate in diaper game. I thought it was the nastiest thing then and I still think it's pretty gross. 

2 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

While PG with Izzy, there was an episode showing Jill and Derick at a midwife's office getting an exam. In her first PG, I think Jill was followed in a MW office .

Never saw any visits, with any professionals, during either of Jessa's pregnancies.

58 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Meh. It could be a mixture of bloat (common in first tri), lots of baby shower food, and the fact that many pregnancy bumps grow faster with second babies. Doesn't mean anything. I will say, for being five months ahead, Jessa doesn't look all that much bigger than Jill in that picture. They both look great. I really hope they take proper care of themselves and their babies this time around.

Or abdominal muscles that are shot from having a huge first baby that stuck straight out. Poor Jill looked like she was carrying a pony with its legs extending straight out of her belly button.

Jessa seemed to carry a large baby easier (SES was a tad bigger than Izzy at birth)- positioning and mom's build matter in how one looks.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

To While PG with Izzy, there was an episode showing Jill and Derick at a midwife's office getting an exam. In her first PG, I think Jill was followed in a MW office .

Never saw any visits, with any professionals, during either of Jessa's pregnancies.

*snip*

To be fair, much of Jessa's pregnancy with SES mostly happened when TLC wasn't filming. She would have been about 20 weeks around the time of the Megyn Kelly interview, so no filming of the u/s. They did the Q&A that ended up being their last show in May, but they didn't have any "show" footage up to that point. I think it only went into the first couple months of Jessa's pregnancy. It's possible a midwife visit was filmed early in her pregnancy, but was part of the "lost season" that never aired. 

I suppose we will find out if they filmed any pre-natal visits for Jessa in the upcoming season, since they're picking up with Jinger getting her wedding dress in early August. They have a lot of ground to cover, and they're months behind. 

That said, if Jessa is seeing anyone, it may be Dr. Jill, Medicine Woman, who is about as qualified as Teresa Fedosky (remember her and her criminal husband?) to deliver a baby, although she delivered Anna's first two. 

I forget the name of Jill's midwife, but IIRC, she had the Query woman assisting her; Mrs. Query has since gotten her certification, unlike Jill. If either Jill or Jessa have any sense whatsoever, they would consult with their old family friend about their pregnancies and let her deliver their babies if they insist on homebirths. 

God help us all if Jilly Muffin in carrying the sainted next generation of Duggar Twins. It will be a very long 6 months to come. And another announcement for TLC during February Sweeps to garner interest in the show. 

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When you get an absolute boat load of clothing and babies grow crazy fast, outfits get worn once or not even once. I've known multiple people who had girls and had this issue. People seem to go overboard with clothing for baby girls.

As they say on the internets, ^THIS. 

I learned to just wait until after Christmas and birthdays to buy clothes for my 2 year old daughter because she's seriously set for the year. My little man who is 9 months doesn't get nearly as much clothes as his sister. 

It is just so crazy to me the midwives they're seeing haven't risked them out of home birth after their first experiences, that's not only incredibly unethical, but super illegal in CA. 

1 hour ago, 19Kittens said:

It is just so crazy to me the midwives they're seeing haven't risked them out of home birth after their first experiences, that's not only incredibly unethical, but super illegal in CA. 

Have they said anywhere that they're have home births again? I haven't seen anything.

7 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Have they said anywhere that they're have home births again? I haven't seen anything.

I don't think so, but I think it's assumed until proven otherwise. 

At least we'll know with Jessa in a few weeks at most.

On 1/11/2017 at 0:10 PM, MotherOfDragons said:

All this talk of "trendy" names, and I run across this. Don't say I never think of y'all. :pb_lol:

20170111_130829.jpg

Oh god, I remember seeing this blog.I thought it was a joke at first.

38 minutes ago, karen77 said:

I don't think so, but I think it's assumed until proven otherwise. 

At least we'll know with Jessa in a few weeks at most.

I hope that they go to the hospital, they both had complications, but that would be the sensible thing. So I don't expect it! 

Just now, Carm_88 said:

I hope that they go to the hospital, they both had complications, but that would be the sensible thing. So I don't expect it! 

I agree, I hope they both go also. 

IF that goes well and on #3 for them, they want to try a homebirth again, then I'd be ok with it. (not that my opinion matters to them! ha!)

Regarding the baby shower games, I was amused by the one Erma Bombeck wrote about in one of her books. As the expectant mother opened the presents, someone wrote down everything she said. After all of the presents were opened, the comments were read back as when the mother said on the night of conception. Yes, I know this is :brainbleach: for some, but I do have a warped sense of humor. 

I know I mentioned buying onsies earlier. What I should have added is that I frequently buy them in 6-9 or 9-12 month size, because I know expectant moms get lots of little baby clothes to (hopefully) wear right away (although some babies do skip the newborn size), but don't have as much as they get bigger. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived