IGNORED

Seewalds 13 - Baby Still Baking

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

They've already filmed a baby shower for Jessa. Remember the guys shopping for/making baby food? The scene at the store was actually the first Jeremy sighting. 

exactly how many times can they do that 

next we will get Ben at an allergist 

actually I would rather see that than him dancing with Flame 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I've always assumed a lot of fundies (not all because some do go to doctors) do the midwife thing because 1) they are almost always women and some fundies are weird about male doctors 2) it's probably cheaper than a hospital birth. And if you plan on having 10 kids, giving birth as cheaply as possible is probably all they care about.

My guess is that one reason fundies seem to prefer midwives is that even female OB's might do something like an evil abortion when it's necessary to save the life of the woman, or preserving fertility as with ectopic pregnancies which carries many risks.

I'm sure Jessa being the first Duggar daughter to have her second child is probably going to be a running TH theme in the next season of Counting On, for like 2032423 fuckin' episodes until she gives birth in the finale or Season 3 or when-the-hell-ever. The Miraculous First Duggar Sister-Mom Grandsibling appearance may also explain the second baby shower with "130 people," but obviously I could be wrong.

I'm more offended over the Loving Choices donation bullshit though than I am at her second shower happening in the first place, to be honest. The "charity" work in that family is so fucking conditional and bare-minimum as all hell it's actually kind of insulting, and the pregnancy center shit? LOL. THAT IS NOT CHARITY OR "GOOD" CHRISTIAN WORK, JESSA. To know that they think non-believers like myself are somehow less charitable or need to be taught how to be kind and give and love other people is just... LOL. Oh my god. Half the time, they need fucking schooling themselves. They don't have a clue how to actually contribute to and help society in ANY meaningful way other than playing fairytale fundie with their shitty TV show, which really only benefits them.

They're so ignorant and arrogant about their false moral superiority it hurts, especially when they support Crisis Pregnancy Centers in spite of the fact that they intentionally participate in deception and manipulation tactics and provide pregnant people with false information with a conversion agenda behind it. Jesus must be so proud... :pb_rollseyes:

And of course Jessa Blessa is doubling down on this shit like it's her fucking calling, incorporating it into her highly publicized not-needed baby shower. Of course she is. She'll never have to know what it's like to be a single, impoverished pregnant woman with no support, whose only option in her small town may very well be to go to one of these shitty, fake clinics Jessa's trying to make her ~Good Christian~ statement on, where she may or may not be given horrible medical advice and will MOST DEFINITELY receive inaccurate information. And where do you think those fuckers will be post-birth? Gone. It's like the only way Jessa can even pretend to care about other pregnant women and their struggles is if she can frame it as a public political statement. Thanks Jim Bob, you useless hypocrite.

She is so snobby and self-righteous... I just can't. She doesn't have the first clue about what other people's needs are, let alone her own, because she's too busy judging and essentially disconnecting herself from the people she pretends to "Help" for not being Christian enough. This entire family treats charity as a venue to judge and convert people, as if their plight is the result of theology and not actual fucking life circumstances. As if she's in the place to judge people for their beliefs, as if she is God. 

tldr; I'm having a bad day with this fundie shit. I'll step away now... lol

no i get it - i am more concerned she just sees this second and 10th children as just things but I am hoping I am wrong.  She seemed to have such a great bond with Spud - will he be out bonded by the next one... will she be like michelle and only publicly say she likes them when they are babies and she can control them?  she seems to posting that she is teaching spud to talk - yet he doesn't want to - what happens with the next one when she is pregnant again in what September ...the questions are endless 

if they want to have fake showers and give fake stuff for TLC that is TLC's fault 

jessa is not behind anything to do with this shower - TLC - Jessa has no clue apart from what her family tells her 

On 1/10/2017 at 0:25 PM, Cheetah said:

We have an uncommon last name, and my 19 year old daughter's first name is not rare but hasn't been a top-50 name, so between the two she's like the only one of her.  Except... our nephew, who is Dh's brother's son (i.e., same last name) is engaged to a girl with the same first name as my daughter.  I'm not sure if she'll change her last name to ours when they get married next year, but it's kind of funny that DD could end up sharing her name with someone fairly closely related.  

Somewhat along the same line, we were going to name our daughter Jennifer ( yeah I know everybody did the same thing) but my husband's cousin named one of her twins Jennifer and we spent huge amounts of time together so we needed to change directions very quickly. We decided on Ginger and with our somewhat unique last name she never had to share. Eight years later a checker at market commented on our last name and that she went to school with a Ginger (our last name) I said my daughter is also Ginger and she said so I guess I go to school with her, told her not likely she is only eight. They still bump into each other in life but they are both now married but my daughter again has a somewhat weird last name.

2 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Back on the baby shower, I always do a treasure chest. Get a wood chest from Michael's, fill with diapers, wipes, Bordeaux ButtPaste or Anti-Monkey-Butt, burp cloths, hand mitts, and binkies or bottles IF they are on the registry. Later the chest can be used as a memory box or small toybox. Pretty much stuff every baby needs, whether its the 1st or the 10th. 

Wow, you really go all out for a baby shower! That's so cool!

2 hours ago, mizandry said:

And of course Jessa Blessa is doubling down on this shit like it's her fucking calling, incorporating it into her highly publicized not-needed baby shower. Of course she is. She'll never have to know what it's like to be a single, impoverished pregnant woman with no support, whose only option in her small town may very well be to go to one of these shitty, fake clinics Jessa's trying to make her ~Good Christian~ statement on, where she may or may not be given horrible medical advice and will MOST DEFINITELY receive inaccurate information. And where do you think those fuckers will be post-birth? Gone.

My mom dragged me to one of those places when I was a pregnant teenager. And yeah, they didn't really do anything except try to convince you not to have an abortion. I don't know what my mom thought they would do, but the lady seemed almost disappointed when I said I wasn't considering abortion. She didn't really know what to do with us. She had me take a pregnancy test (which I had already done several weeks before), showed me one of those fetus models, and told me to apply for Medicaid. She certainly didn't offer any actual help.

19 minutes ago, Coy Koi said:

My mom dragged me to one of those places when I was a pregnant teenager. And yeah, they didn't really do anything except try to convince you not to have an abortion. I don't know what my mom thought they would do, but the lady seemed almost disappointed when I said I wasn't considering abortion. She didn't really know what to do with us. She had me take a pregnancy test (which I had already done several weeks before), showed me one of those fetus models, and told me to apply for Medicaid. She certainly didn't offer any actual help.

Ugh... I am so sorry you went through that. :( It's extremely telling that they were essentially at a loss on what to do for you when they couldn't indoctrinate you with "pro-life" propaganda. It's kind of like they spend more time planning how to talk people out of abortion than they do providing actual services and information. It's almost like... they don't care, as long as you don't have an abortion. :my_angry:

What makes me extremely upset about these centers is that many people, from what I imagine, may not even know what they're walking into. A "pregnancy center" indicates you're actually getting some kind of real care... but they're not a real clinic. It's false advertising, but folks wouldn't (and shouldn't have to) know that just judging by the name. They rely on that deception... and I find these centers exploitative as hell because of shit like this. I need to get more of those "fake clinic" stickers... 

In Oregon there's a non profit branded like a crisis pregnancy center but it's actually designed to provide links to resources and take the potential audience away from the pro-birth clinics. Its a really cool idea but way too outnumbered even just in its area.

Back on the baby shower, I always do a treasure chest. Get a wood chest from Michael's, fill with diapers, wipes, Bordeaux ButtPaste or Anti-Monkey-Butt, burp cloths, hand mitts, and binkies or bottles IF they are on the registry. Later the chest can be used as a memory box or small toybox. Pretty much stuff every baby needs, whether its the 1st or the 10th. 

I just took a screen shot of this on my phone, it is an awesome idea for a baby gift!
Somewhat along the same line, we were going to name our daughter Jennifer ( yeah I know everybody did the same thing) but my husband's cousin named one of her twins Jennifer and we spent huge amounts of time together so we needed to change directions very quickly. We decided on Ginger and with our somewhat unique last name she never had to share. Eight years later a checker at market commented on our last name and that she went to school with a Ginger (our last name) I said my daughter is also Ginger and she said so I guess I go to school with her, told her not likely she is only eight. They still bump into each other in life but they are both now married but my daughter again has a somewhat weird last name.

I have a very uncommon Polish name. I was named after my great grandma who survived the Holocaust with my grandma. They were the only two in their family to make it.

Anyway, my great grandma helped raise my mom and her siblings. She was especially close to my aunt, who is far more sentimental than my mom. She wanted to name her daughter after aforementioned great grandma. But by the time I was born my mom was 41 and my aunt 39. I was the first grand kid and my aunt didn't know if she would have kids or if one would be a girl. So I got the name.

Fast forward 4 years to my cousin being born. Also a girl. My mom was totally cool with us having the same name but my aunt wasn't on board. Personally, I think it would have been kinda awesome since I happen to be very close to that cousin but c'est la vie.

8 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:

The biggest difference between a midwife and a ob is their attitude. Midwives tend to believe that childbirth is a natural process that shouldn't be intervened with unless necessary. Obs tend to view it as a more medical procedure. 

Lol but it IS a medical procedure. It's probably the most dangerous thing most women will ever experience in life. These people really don't have any logic. *Bangs head against wall* 

Lol but it IS a medical procedure. It's probably the most dangerous thing most women will ever experience in life. These people really don't have any logic. *Bangs head against wall* 

Exactly, it is somewhere between the most rewarding thing that a woman can do and the scariest thing you can experience. Or so I've heard! It shouldn't be taken for granted that women still die giving birth and afterward from complications.

4 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

Not sure if you're trolling or just being wilfully daft, but I'll bite. 

Giving birth is a natural bodily process, in the same way that taking a shit or eating food are. Sometimes things go wrong, or not quite as expected, and medical *intervention* is prudent and necessary, but it is not in itself a medical process. 

21 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

Not sure if you're trolling or just being wilfully daft, but I'll bite. 

Giving birth is a natural bodily process, in the same way that taking a shit or eating food are. Sometimes things go wrong, or not quite as expected, and medical *intervention* is prudent and necessary, but it is not in itself a medical process. 

I don't mean to drift off topic, but I beg to differ. I learned in my college Anthropology class that childbirth is most certainly not a "natural" bodily function. There is an ongoing evolutionary struggle between head size vs ability to fit through the vagina. Basically humans have evolved to have such large brains that it is no longer an easy fit, nor is it "safe" by any means! Also, compared to other mammals, human babies are born "half ready" due to the size battle. If it's not a medical process, why do such a huge number of women need episiotomies, or either tear horrifically? Sorry to rant but this line of thought really gets my goat. 

If anyone wants to dispute me please consult a textbook first. 

The problem I have with the OB vs Midwife with the Duggars is that they don't use OBs or real nurse midwives and do not appear to get any type of medical care from a professional during their pregnancy. It's not an issue of which is better with them. They just prefer the people with no real training other than catching a baby as it slides out. Yes, it is perfectly fine for a healthy woman who has been properly monitored and evaluated by a professional to have a home birth. The problem is that I don't see that with the Duggars. Without any real professional care during their pregnancy, they have no way of knowing if there is anything wrong and/or preventable. 

I don't care if someone has a home or hospital birth, not my business. I know What my comfort level would need and that's all that matters. I do not understand not having an OB or Nurse Midwife, whatever floats your boat, make sure you have a safe healthy pregnancy so you can give birth to this baby you say deserves life. I just think it's bad parenting. The family seems to love living in ignorance. It would kill me if I refused regular medical treatment during pregnancy and later find out, had I done so, I could have helped or saved my baby from some ailment. 

I think that childbirth in and of itself is not a medical procedure- I mean if a woman successfully labors and delivers at home with no doctor present, it wouldn't be referred to as a medical procedure. But once a doctor, or even a competent midwife, is involved it becomes a medical procedure, as they use various medical tests, instruments, and techniques to facilitate childbirth. If that makes sense?

Things can and do go wrong during childbirth. Even in the 21st century in a hospital with doctors and nurses present. 

So why take the risk to prove some strange point. Not worth it to me at all. 

19 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I think removing anything from inside your body is a medial procedure, birth included. 

By that very broad definition, defecating, urinating, menstruating, vomiting, sneezing, and ejaculating would all be considered medical procedures, wouldn't they?

I'm actually kind of intrigued by this topic. If I remove a splinter from my finger, is that technically a medical procedure, even though I am in no way a medical practitioner?

8 hours ago, freedom_for_all said:

I just took a screen shot of this on my phone, it is an awesome idea for a baby gift!
I have a very uncommon Polish name. I was named after my great grandma who survived the Holocaust with my grandma. They were the only two in their family to make it.

Anyway, my great grandma helped raise my mom and her siblings. She was especially close to my aunt, who is far more sentimental than my mom. She wanted to name her daughter after aforementioned great grandma. But by the time I was born my mom was 41 and my aunt 39. I was the first grand kid and my aunt didn't know if she would have kids or if one would be a girl. So I got the name.

Fast forward 4 years to my cousin being born. Also a girl. My mom was totally cool with us having the same name but my aunt wasn't on board. Personally, I think it would have been kinda awesome since I happen to be very close to that cousin but c'est la vie.

My mom named my brother after her father. Two months later, my dad's sister had her son-- and gave him the same name. 

It's not a rare name but not super common either. My mom was ticked off. 

Jessa commented to someone about Spurgeon's name. Looks like she's toeing the party line about the name being awesome. 

image.png

9 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Things can and do go wrong during childbirth. Even in the 21st century in a hospital with doctors and nurses present. 

So why take the risk to prove some strange point. Not worth it to me at all. 

Yeah at the end of the day, I agree with this. I have a several mom friends who are kinda crunchy and either birthed at a birth center or had a home birth. I had a hospital birth, AND ended up needing an unplanned c-section. When I talk to them I find myself explaining myself, like trying to justify the fact that I didn't have my baby "naturally", and I finally realized, who cares? For me, the goal was to have a healthy baby. I did that. I don't really care that I didn't push her out my vagina surrounded by flowers and bluebirds in a field somewhere. Had something gone wrong and we weren't close enough to a hospital to save her I would never, ever have forgiven myself.

One of my friends, who was pregnant at the time, said she was having a home birth, and I was just casually like "I considered a birth center but my husband wasn't very uncomfortable with the idea, so we opted for the hospital." I mean, I figured it's his kid too, right, so I should at least take his opinion into account. She looked at me like I was crazy and was basically like "It doesn't matter what he thinks." I mean I get wanting to be as comfortable as possible in your birthing environment, but at the end of the day the focus should be on making decisions for THE BABY's sake, not yours. And it's his baby too, so he gets to take part in the decisions for her medical care. I think in this trend of going back to "natural birth" people are forgetting that the goal should be to bring your baby into the world as safely as possible, not to have whatever you consider to be the perfect labor.

Childbirth is a natural process that has killed women for as long as humans have been alive. It should be attended by medical professionals who can help you, so that you do not die. The Duggars risk themselves every time that they have a homebirth with only a baby catcher. So yes natural but also dangerous, my appendix was also natural doesn't mean that it wouldn't have killed me if it had been left in there. Healthy Mom, healthy baby should be the concern.

20 hours ago, twinmama said:

Because it's the Duggars and it's hardly news and will be nonstop for them it isn't a big deal, but how awesome would it be to be expecting at the same time as your sister or best friend? My best friend was 20 weeks ahead of me, and I had my boys 11 weeks early so our 3 boys are very close in age. It was awesome to have someone to ask what was coming up next, even if she was only having one and I was having two and hers was the first time she tried and mine took IVF lol.

My sister and I were due just a few days apart with our 2nds.  She ended up delivering nearly 2 weeks before me, and lives in a different state, but it's been fun to have those 2 so close in age.  Mine is a boy and hers is a girl (and they are both 15 now) but they've always picked right back up as good friends when we get together.  

11 hours ago, mizandry said:

It's almost like... they don't care, as long as you don't have an abortion. :my_angry:

I'm pretty sure that's 100% of the pro-life platform.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived