IGNORED

Seewalds 13 - Baby Still Baking

choralcrusader8613

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

Lakynn? AKA Lacking.

Lakynn is better than Nayvie though - can  you imagine the teasing you would endure with that name?

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen that picture before. She's a blogger and makes clothes or something. I could swear someone posted a story later saying they changed the baby's name..

1 minute ago, SamiKatz said:

Lakynn is better than Nayvie though - can  you imagine the teasing you would endure with that name?

Would be roughest in college... I can hear drunken frat boys singing " In the naaaaavy...."

10 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I've seen that picture before. She's a blogger and makes clothes or something. I could swear someone posted a story later saying they changed the baby's name..

I think she's been discussed here before. They did change the name, her name is Laikynn Kay.

064-2.jpg

(old picture, but man she loved that chalkboard!)

She had another baby last year, a boy named Tatum. 

Old blog: http://mommyslittlesunshine.blogspot.no/

New blog: http://www.heymcki.com/

13613317_1236625289683453_7957087861574694068_o.jpg

How could I miss this! They did another chalkboard name thing! Glad they didn't end up with Taysom! 

I know an unfortunate college student in the DC area named.... Queirstin

[pronounced Kier-stin]

2 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I know an unfortunate college student in the DC area named.... Queirstin

[pronounced Kier-stin]

Y'all, I would change my name. I got enough grief from my popular but somehow often misspelled name; I can't imagine dealing with explaining the spelling of my name as much as she probably had to.

I have a friend from Utah and "Lakynn" is definitely a trendy Mormon name.  

@eveandadam Unfortunately there are many countries/areas where classism/racism create stereotypes against people with certain names. Where I live definitely people with Anglo names are seen as better bred than someone whose name was Takesha or the like. However, a lot of lower-class people have Anglo names (Gabrielle, Anna, Catherine etc.) A lot of your status has to do with your speech, dress, mannerisms and class. Since a lot of pop culture comes from the working class, there is a good deal of imitation and appropriation by upper class. Then throw in some colourism and social mobility and it gets really complicated. 

It's really interesting to see how classism and naming work in different countries. Thank you for sharing about Germany. 

11 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Y'all, I would change my name. I got enough grief from my popular but somehow often misspelled name; I can't imagine dealing with explaining the spelling of my name as much as she probably had to.

I also have a popular but often misspelled name. One time I showed up to my birthday party at a bowling alley to banners and a cake that said "Happy Birthday Gyndar" in big red letters. 

6 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

I also have a popular but often misspelled name. One time I showed up to my birthday party at a bowling alley to banners and a cake that said "Happy Birthday Gyndar" in big red letters. 

At least they didn't spell it "Jynndur" :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, Bugaboo said:

Ignore the box. I couldn't get it to go away. 

This isn't Seewald related, but it is about Flame so I assumed I could put it here. Anyone else listen to top 40 music? Well, there's this song that is popular by this artist called Flume and the first time I saw the info on my XM radio, I swear I nearly had a heart attack because I thought it said Flame. I was like "No way is Flame on top 40 radio!!!" 

Flume is an Australian artist, pretty big here if your in the right demographic.

The first time you all started talking about Flame I was very confused (I hadn't seen the show yet) and was wondering why on earth an EDM guy from Sydney was hanging out with the Seewalds in NWA :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, MotherOfDragons said:

All this talk of "trendy" names, and I run across this. Don't say I never think of y'all. :pb_lol:

20170111_130829.jpg

I remember tryndy chalkboard lady. She was I believe a really devout Mormon who married an abusive guy and left the relationship with her son, right? 

Just now, ClaraOswin said:

Can someone tell me how Laikynn or whatever would be pronounced??

My gut tells me it should be like "liking", but probably it's pronounced Bob

1 minute ago, ClaraOswin said:

I have been guessing "lie-kin", accent on the first "i"...but then, I thought the "e" would be pronounced in spurgeon, and the "u"  in vuolo, so what do I know ^_^

10 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I just assume it's like Lakynn, which she said was pronounced Lay-ken. 

15 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

It was pronounced Lay-kin both times I've met girls with the name. One spelled Laykin, the other Lakin.
Not sure why it's become a more popular name. 

2 hours ago, MotherOfDragons said:

All this talk of "trendy" names, and I run across this. Don't say I never think of y'all. :pb_lol:

20170111_130829.jpg

The font she wrote the names in just makes it worse.

Constant pregnancy oversharing makes me tired.

On the other hand, I would be interested to see all the top names Jessa is considering. So... I guess I'm part of the problem?

3 hours ago, wikinggirl said:

I think she's been discussed here before. They did change the name, her name is Laikynn Kay.

064-2.jpg

(old picture, but man she loved that chalkboard!)

She had another baby last year, a boy named Tatum. 

Old blog: http://mommyslittlesunshine.blogspot.no/

New blog: http://www.heymcki.com/

13613317_1236625289683453_7957087861574694068_o.jpg

How could I miss this! They did another chalkboard name thing! Glad they didn't end up with Taysom! 

Oh dear god... don't read her blog unless you enjoy killing brain cells. She obviously doesn't proof read. Wow who reads this crap? I feel sorry for her boys. She very obviously prefers her girl. 

1 hour ago, ClaraOswin said:

So like.....I'm goin' to the Lake 'n I'm gonna go swimmin'?

Her nick name is Lakers :my_confused:

There's a great "bad baby names" thread on GOMI. One of the worst examples on it was "Mckbrynzley". I kid you not.

Also: I know a girl called Tatum. It's not such a bad name in my book. 

Apparently her middle kid is called Titan. Laikynn is 7, I think.

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh dear god... don't read her blog unless you enjoy killing brain cells. She obviously doesn't proof read. Wow who reads this crap? I feel sorry for her boys. She very obviously prefers her girl. 

Her nick name is Lakers :my_confused:

isn't that a basketball (?) team? :my_confused:

2 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

The font she wrote the names in just makes it worse.

I'm sorry but those made up names are so redneck/white trash. I'd be so mad if my name was something like that. Or if my name was Jinger lol. 

23 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Working in a school I have several names I really liked that are now ruined. It's also so interesting to look at the classes and see what names are popular in which age group. 

Oh Spurgie, if you only knew how soon things were really going to change once your mom is dealing with you and a newborn. You might get to know your aunts very well.

I can't get over the fact that Ben will be a 21-year-old dad of two! He was a father before he could legally drink. Neither one of them can rent a car yet! I wonder if he ever regrets his decisions. I'm older than Ben, and definitely in no shape to be a parent for a lonnngggg time. 

7 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

I'm sorry but those made up names are so redneck/white trash. I'd be so mad if my name was something like that. Or if my name was Jinger lol. 

I can't get over the fact that Ben will be a 21-year-old dad of two! I wonder if he ever regrets his decisions. I'm older than Ben, and definitely in no shape to be a parent for a lonnngggg time. 

Ben's not much older than me. In fact when I found out when his birthday was, I was a little :shock:. No way am I ready to have a kid yet, let alone two! 

23 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

There's a great "bad baby names" thread on GOMI. One of the worst examples on it was "Mckbrynzley". I kid you not.

Also: I know a girl called Tatum. It's not such a bad name in my book. 

Apparently her middle kid is called Titan. Laikynn is 7, I think.

I think her son Titan is the oldest. Then Laikynn then Tatum. With a nick name like Lakers, I bet they will call the baby Tater. Or Tater Tot.

Oh gosh I didnt realise Ben is only 2 months older than me! 

That is crazy considering I'm still in university, engaged but not planning on getting married for a long while yet and basically still depend on my mum a lot. Whereas Ben is a soon to be dad of two....what the hell 

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think her son Titan is the oldest. Then Laikynn then Tatum. With a nick name like Lakers, I bet they will call the baby Tater. Or Tater Tot.

Ah ok. I think she had her first kid at 19 from what I could work out from the blog. /enddrift

Also kinda curious as to what name Jessa's kid will be given. It'll be hard to top Spurgeon. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived