IGNORED

Jana's Future 3 - Baking and Real Estate

DaisyD

9 hours ago, snickers34 said:

I dunno - JB seems to really dig Jeremy to me. I actually think JB likes him because Jeremy is equally boastful and outgoing, if you watch the videos they make together. They've always said they know that their kids might move away...

They also insisted that once married, those married kids would leave and cleave. If Jinjer does it successfully, she'll be the first one.

Right now they are 0 for their first 3.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awhile back, someone on here posted a link to a reddit post where this guy and his wife spent a weekend at the marriage retreat/conference that the Duggars went to last year (it was one of those "I did/am______. Ask me anything." posts.) I recall the guy said  the men at the conference were all obsessed with keeping their oldest daughters at home, and unmarried, for as long as possible. I'm beginning to think that's whats going on with Jana, because the Duggars are drowning in that flavor of kool-aid. I believe Jana when she says she hasn't found "the one" yet, but I also wonder how much Jim Boob influences her where that's concerned,  if the guys interested in Jana get evaluated more rigorously, just so Boob has a reason to keep Jana at home. He let someone like Ben marry Jessa, but I wonder, if someone like that approached Jana, if Boob would suddenly do a 180 and be like, "I don't know about this one, Jan, I think maybe he needs to get a better job first..." I could totally see Boob not being as thorough with vetting the suitors for the less hard-working of his children, just cause it suits his needs to have his harder working kids stay at home longer (see also: John-David. He, like Jana, has a stronger work ethic than the other Duggar kids, and also has not courted anyone yet, that we know of...)

3 hours ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

Awhile back, someone on here posted a link to a reddit post where this guy and his wife spent a weekend at the marriage retreat/conference that the Duggars went to last year (it was one of those "I did/am______. Ask me anything." posts.) I recall the guy said  the men at the conference were all obsessed with keeping their oldest daughters at home, and unmarried, for as long as possible. I'm beginning to think that's whats going on with Jana, because the Duggars are drowning in that flavor of kool-aid. I believe Jana when she says she hasn't found "the one" yet, but I also wonder how much Jim Boob influences her where that's concerned,  if the guys interested in Jana get evaluated more rigorously, just so Boob has a reason to keep Jana at home. He let someone like Ben marry Jessa, but I wonder, if someone like that approached Jana, if Boob would suddenly do a 180 and be like, "I don't know about this one, Jan, I think maybe he needs to get a better job first..." I could totally see Boob not being as thorough with vetting the suitors for the less hard-working of his children, just cause it suits his needs to have his harder working kids stay at home longer (see also: John-David. He, like Jana, has a stronger work ethic than the other Duggar kids, and also has not courted anyone yet, that we know of...)

Did he say why? Was it only for work or was there any other reason?

That interview, omg. "One of my brothers or another young man will preach." Ridiculous. Why can't the girls ever preach. Even my grandparent's conservative Methodist church had a female minister. Then she says she can't go out with he couples cause she's not part of that group…more like because she's the permanent babysitter. It's so sad how they have prevented her from having any life of her own, they really do treat her like a slave it's just disturbing. 

The sad thing is that she didn't even hint at a courtship, which means she is not even in a "getting to know" phase. This means more than 2 years from wedding, if ever.

And past 30 apparently all there is in fundie land is men convincted of anal rape.

I feel bad for Jana. I always have, it may be because I see myself in her. She's a little shy and quiet. Therefore, the louder sisters tend to get the attention and she gets overlooked. I've felt that way a time or two; that I'm not interesting because I'm quiet. It's hard to be single in the real world, let alone in fundie land.

12 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I feel bad for Jana. I always have, it may be because I see myself in her. She's a little shy and quiet. Therefore, the louder sisters tend to get the attention and she gets overlooked. I've felt that way a time or two; that I'm not interesting because I'm quiet. It's hard to be single in the real world, let alone in fundie land.

You just voiced my thoughts. If it's very hard for me I can't imagine how hard it is for her, not only being single but being shy and quiet. I have a soft spot for her. 

10 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

You just voiced my thoughts. If it's very hard for me I can't imagine how hard it is for her, not only being single but being shy and quiet. I have a soft spot for her. 

Also. You are single in the real world and although it can suck at times no one around you sees marriage and childbearing as your ultimate and only life goal. (I hope!)

We all hope she's holding out for the right guy or so that she doesn't have to birth too many children. But we all look at it from our prespective and I fear she actually feels quite lonely and sad about still being single. 

3 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Also. You are single in the real world and although it can suck at times no one around you sees marriage and childbearing as your ultimate and only life goal. (I hope!)

We all hope she's holding out for the right guy or so that she doesn't have to birth too many children. But we all look at it from our prespective and I fear she actually feels quite lonely and sad about still being single. 

That's true too, my mom encourages me to stay single and child free lol.

I think she's probably sad and lonely, that recent interview gave me that perspective but at the end of the day we are all speculating and hoping she's okay being single.

You guys are making me feel better about being single. It can be so hard not being with someone.

On 3/15/2017 at 1:04 PM, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

I recall the guy said  the men at the conference were all obsessed with keeping their oldest daughters at home, and unmarried, for as long as possible.

I read that whole thing very closely (cause I'm freakin fascinated with fundies, anyone else? :) ). I don't recall this at all.

On 3/6/2017 at 3:51 AM, eveandadam said:

There was (pure) speculation on whether Jana had a crush on one of the TLC crew members a few years back when Josh was courting Anna. His name is Frank Sun and he was shown in one of the episode, where the Duggars had chicken pox and the crew members had to ask their parents if they had gotten it as a child. I understand that he is not part of the crew anymore as he was not fundie (enough). I read somewhere here on freejinger that over the years the crew became almost as fundie as the Duggars themselves, starting with Michelle actually getting a gay guy fired from the crew in the very beginning of the show.

I got curious and had to look up this guy, and my god he is cute!

IMG_7559.jpg

I think people speculated that Jana had a crush on Frank because THEY had a crush on Frank. I'm not judging, I always thought he was an incredibly attractive man! I'd watch a show just about Frank, lol.

Agreed. Maybe she did, maybe she didn't, and we'll never know unless she says so... but I have a crush on Frank now. Dammit  :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I think people speculated that Jana had a crush on Frank because THEY had a crush on Frank. I'm not judging, I always thought he was an incredibly attractive man! I'd watch a show just about Frank, lol.

That would be a great show. I would watch that. Who do we tell to create that show? 

TLC - are you listening? 

I think the guy is not bad looking, but I'm not feeling my ovaries gearing up for another go-round of more baby making.  However, I could see how his obvious difference in looks (look at that wild hair!) and his choice of occupation must seem exotic.  All they have to compare him to is their father who ran his own business when the older ones were small, and then morphed into a weird fame-whore who trotted his family out in front of cameras later on while Daddy smiled and did the 'Aw, shucks' thing all the time

If she had a crush on Frank homegirl has good taste, no wonder she hasn't found her soulmate in fundieland:pb_lol: if she has a type maybe Jonathan Hartono and her can court, he's super cute and fundie enough but maybe Jim Bob the idiot won't let her court outside her race.

1 hour ago, HermioneSparrow said:

If she had a crush on Frank homegirl has good taste, no wonder she hasn't found her soulmate in fundieland:pb_lol: if she has a type maybe Jonathan Hartono and her can court, he's super cute and fundie enough but maybe Jim Bob the idiot won't let her court outside her race.

I'm dying laughing, and I love that you just offered up Jonathan Hartono as a fundie consolation prize. He is one of the only other Asian fundies in their circle, but I don't think he exudes the same artsy, hipster vibe that Frank has going on. Asian fundies remind me of Long Duk Dong, the foreign exchange student in the movie, 16 Candles. Coincidentally, Jonathan Hartono was an exchange student and has an uncanny resemblance to Long Duk Dong. There's also Elijah Kaneshiro, but he doesn't dress fundie all of the time, and I don't see him choosing a Wholesome Wear kind of girl.

It's very likely Jim Bob would not allow inter racial dating, but then again, he probably thinks Jeremy is a different race because he's Italian, so who knows. 

Okay... not even going to bother commenting on the stereotypes flying around here, because... no.

Just going to segway around that swamp and say that I'm actually somewhat surprised that there hasn't been a courtship between a Hartono and a Duggar or someone in the Duggar circle yet. The Hartonos have been around for ages, so they're obviously Duggar-approved and well known to them all. The Hartonos clearly enjoy staying with them, and if one of them married an American fundie he/she could become a citizen (not saying that would be their motivation, more like an added bonus).

18 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Okay... not even going to bother commenting on the stereotypes flying around here, because... no.

Just going to segway around that swamp and say that I'm actually somewhat surprised that there hasn't been a courtship between a Hartono and a Duggar or someone in the Duggar circle yet. The Hartonos have been around for ages, so they're obviously Duggar-approved and well known to them all. The Hartonos clearly enjoy staying with them, and if one of them married an American fundie he/she could become a citizen (not saying that would be their motivation, more like an added bonus).

I hope the Hartonos wouldn't marry a Duggar, or anyone, solely for citizenship, and only in the case of a genuine connection. They don't strike me as users, and I also think a romance would have surfaced by now. I think all of the Duggar kidult couples have had sincere affection and attraction for each other, as well as personality similarities and common interests. I also hope that if there is a Hartono romance in the future that Jim Bob doesn't block it. Approving friendship is not a guarantee of approving courtship, and I just don't have a lot of faith in Jim Bob.

I don't think Jonathan Hartono would be a match for Jana. He's kind of an immature joker, into sports, plays video games, etc. He would never get JB's approval, plus he's not the right "type" for Jana. However, I do think his sister Jennifer Hartono would be a great match for John David. She's  quiet (meek) and sweet, pretty, she cooks, is good with the kids, etc. But, it seems like if JD was interested, he would have acted before now.

Jonathan Hartono and a Duggar: NO. Jana a few weeks ago said she's still waiting for Prince Charming. In other words, there's nobody in her life right now. I don't think there's ever really been someone, at least not at the courtship stage.

If Jana's 27 and there hasn't been anyone, I believe her when she says she's waiting for "the one God has for her." She's also said herself that she's not out to get married to the first one that comes along. She's waited for so long, and when Jana finally does meet the one, I think she'll instantly know. If it pans out exactly like that, and because of her age, I can see her having a super short courtship and engagement. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived