IGNORED

Jana's Future 3 - Baking and Real Estate

DaisyD

31 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I was at a bridal shower for a not quite 25 year old bride whose mother spent the entire time making comments about the awkwardness of her being an "older bride". 

And I was bridesmaid for a 28 year old bride who had people telling her in the receiving line what a relief it was that she "finally" found someone. One woman even said, "after all, you're no spring chicken, are you?". 

I'm sure it is not a coincidence that these were both evangelical families. 

You know what else is sad about those comments? The women saying them are usually older than 30, so that means they believe they are no longer spring chickens or are past their sell by dates. So that means they see their lives as having ended seven years out of high school, and now it's some slow trudge to the end.

As with a lot of unsolicited opinions, it says so much more about the speaker than the recipient.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, seraaa said:

Jason got Jana flowers. I can't make out the whole message, but it seems to begin, "I greatly appreciate..."

Sibling camaraderie is the best!

gosh i saw this titled "flowers for jana" on duggar family blog and i got so excited...until i read the text. OF COURSE they're just from her brother. :( 

3 hours ago, nausicaa said:

You know what else is sad about those comments? The women saying them are usually older than 30, so that means they believe they are no longer spring chickens or are past their sell by dates. So that means they see their lives as having ended seven years out of high school, and now it's some slow trudge to the end.

As with a lot of unsolicited opinions, it says so much more about the speaker than the recipient.

I think of myself as a young mom. I'm 31 ;) 

41 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

gosh i saw this titled "flowers for jana" on duggar family blog and i got so excited...until i read the text. OF COURSE they're just from her brother. :( 

I think it's sweet he got her flowers. 

She probably made him a personal lunch or something. Can they now go out as each other's personal bodyguards? After all, Duggar boys become working men at 12, but I guess from what I've learned can still go to a male JTTH at 29.

The fact that the flowers were from Jason made me sad for both him and Jana. It made me sad for Jason because if he's 16 now, theres no way Michelle raised him, so its like he bought flowers for his real mother for valentine's day, which is very sweet. But its also just.... ugh.... those poor, poor neglected, parentified (and simultaneousy infantalized) kids. :my_cry:

It made me sad for Jana because the speculation started that it was a suitor right away, and you know its gotta be hard for her to not be courting yet in that culture.

Astrological sidetrack...Jana was born with Venus rx, which in astrology is actually a signature of a person who will enter into romantic relationships later in life. But in her progressed chart, her Venus goes direct next year, so I think around 1.5-2 years from now will be Jana's time for love/marriage, in my completely superstitious opinion (I got Henry's birthdate wrong with astrology, so hefty grain of salt applies here.) She natally has venus sextile her moon, so she'll have really good sympatico with whoever she marries.

My friends and I definitely do not spend some of our weekends analyzing Duggar astrology charts, no not at all :my_angel:

An astrologer did my chart once and it was hilarious. Everything in it was the opposite of me. My favourite part was that I hate working with people and I want a job where I can work alone all day. At the time I was literally frustrated with my job because I worked alone too much and was looking for a job that would give me more contact with the public.

I'm an Aries, and aside from being stubborn and great at beginning things but terrible at following through, I am absolutely nothing like an Aries. It's entertaining, though.

16 minutes ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

Astrological sidetrack...Jana was born with Venus rx, which in astrology is actually a signature of a person who will enter into romantic relationships later in life. But in her progressed chart, her Venus goes direct next year, so I think around 1.5-2 years from now will be Jana's time for love/marriage, in my completely superstitious opinion (I got Henry's birthdate wrong with astrology, so hefty grain of salt applies here.) She natally has venus sextile her moon, so she'll have really good sympatico with whoever she marries.

My friends and I definitely do not spend some of our weekends analyzing Duggar astrology charts, no not at all :my_angel:

If someone would want to get their moon mapped out like you did for jana, how would one go about doing that? 

Oh many, my friend is qualified to read star charts (apparently you can get licenses and qualifications for that... I have weird friends) and as a solar Gemini with a rising Aquarius moon... my chart got about 50% right, contradicted itself a lot, and even he was looking at it like "this isn't right." Side note: I don't really believe in astrology, but it is fun.

For anyone interested, the sight Cafe Astrology has a pretty comprehensive birth chart system. It can be really overwhelming, and not entirely accurate, but it's fun.

20 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

Oh many, my friend is qualified to read star charts (apparently you can get licenses and qualifications for that... I have weird friends) and as a solar Gemini with a rising Aquarius moon... my chart got about 50% right, contradicted itself a lot, and even he was looking at it like "this isn't right." Side note: I don't really believe in astrology, but it is fun.

For anyone interested, the sight Cafe Astrology has a pretty comprehensive birth chart system. It can be really overwhelming, and not entirely accurate, but it's fun.

I always find astrology amusing, and did a quick check on this page for my birth day.  It has me listed as a Capricorn.  (Warning, astronomer-geek content ahead)

I do a section in for my class in our nice new planetarium since I need to discuss the motions of the various objects in the heavens, and of course I always discuss how your birth sign means that the Sun is in that constellation- the Sun moves 360 degrees across the fixed stars in the course of the year through the various constellations that contain the zodiac.  The planetarium software lets me pick any date and time, so I wind the clock to my birthday and show them that the Sun was in Sagittarius when I was born, which clearly makes me a Capricorn...

Unknown to the ancients, the Earth wobbles like a top while spinning.  The N/S axis of the Earth makes a slow circle that takes ~26000 years, so the position of the Sun has changed by about a constellation-worth in the past 2000 years.  I then back up time to my birthday in 0AD, and suddenly everything lines up.  But I'm most emphatically *not* a Capricorn on the day I was born, and people sharing my birthday won't be again until about 24000AD.  This same motion will eventually make Polaris no longer the North Star, although it will be back in the area in ~28000AD

One side note: if you have a birthday of 30 Nov-10 Dec, you have a bar bet you will virtually never lose.   The same precession that has shifted the zodiac one sign has also tilted it slightly, and there are actually 13 constellations in it now.  If you're one of the lucky ones, you're an Ophiuchian.

(And yes, I'm aware modern astrologers have ways to handwave this away.  But the explanation people are generally given is just plain wrong (TM))

I think under the 'new system' I'm supposed to be a Pisces now. Funnily enough, I always thought I was more like a Pisces than an Aries.

On 3/15/2017 at 3:04 PM, Iamtheway said:

Did he say why? Was it only for work or was there any other reason?

Sadly, he didn't elaborate on why they do that, beyond "to be SAHDs." I remember he said his wife had only turned them fundie recently, so he sounded really weirded out by it too, like he wasn't even sure why they're obsessed with doing that. I should go digging later and see if I can find the thread where that AMA was discussed. I was in lurkdom when I read it, so I'm a bit fuzzy on which Duggar thread that was :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, Pasta said:

If someone would want to get their moon mapped out like you did for jana, how would one go about doing that? 

Someone mentioned cafeastrology.com, which is a good site. Alabe.com will give you a free natal chart + a birth chart reading of the planetary signs, minus houses and aspects, but the planetary position readings are pretty long even without an analysis of the aspects or houses. You won't get a progressed chart reading like just did for Jana on that site though (unless you pay for one.) Astro.com, if you register with them, has a few kinds of sample readings that are fun too, and I think you can get full versions of those readings for a fee. I told my friends I need to retire from astrology, because IMO I've lost the touch for it that I had when I was 12/13 (hello being raised new age...), haha, but I tell people that astrology is a form of entertainment, like singing or dancing. Only instead of performing a song or a dance, you're using symbolism and mythology to tell them a story about themselves, and what their fortune, life, or future could possibly look like. I'm superstitious about astrology though, haha, so I've always felt that readings done for me were accurate, but overall, I try to keep in mind that its for fun/entertainment more than anything.

ETA:

Just kidding!  I found the link to the AMA: https://www.reddit.com/r/casualiama/comments/55o93x/just_spent_the_weekend_with_the_duggars_jimbob/

Ah so I'm a Libra. Some of it is right, mostly not though. lol. I think I'm a mix of Scorpio and Libra. It's funny though. 

@guitar_villain, thank you for the explanation on the "wobbling" of the Earth on its axis. I learned about that in freshman Astronomy, but I never explain it very well to my friends or family. :)

I remember one time I was buying a copy of Astronomy  magazine and the cashier said, "Huh. I don't think I believe in that stuff." I was a bit flumoxed and just paid and left, but I sometimes wonder. Did she think it said astronomy or astrology? Did she really not believe in astronomy? Did she think those little lights in the sky are just fireflies or what?! I wish I had asked her what she meant. :tw_star:

I've never posted here before, but I've been lurking for a while, and I just got so excited to see someone mention astrology. I love astrology and reading birth charts, and have yet to see it be majorly wrong. 

It is frustrating to me that most people really only know their sun sign and completely dismiss it without seeing the whole picture. Although I get why that happens if you're skeptic and have only seen generic horoscopes and maybe had a vague reading.

I also have some of the duggar birth charts saved, and it's interesting to study them and compare it to what we see. But I don't know their birth times so that sucks because it leaves out a big part of the chart. 

6 hours ago, 0Kidsandnotcounting said:

I've never posted here before, but I've been lurking for a while, and I just got so excited to see someone mention astrology. I love astrology and reading birth charts, and have yet to see it be majorly wrong. 

Mine is always majorly wrong. Like to the point that it's entertaining. The more detail I give (like precise time and location of birth), the more inaccurate it is. 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Mine is always majorly wrong. Like to the point that it's entertaining. The more detail I give (like precise time and location of birth), the more inaccurate it is. 

When you got your reading, did it explain the aspects between your placements and the house placements? Because I know when I first got into astrology, when I'd read anything about my stuff it would always be slightly off or kinda vague until I factored in aspects and then it was freakishly accurate, like even about my health and appearance.

And also, there isn't a new system of astrology, it seems like every year I see something being shared about signs changing and that's not exactly right. There's Western astrology (which is what most people know) it's based on precision of the equinoxes so signs are always on the same dates. And there's Sidereel, which is calculated by where the constellations currently are, and over the last a thousand or so years the signs are about 23 degrees off from their original place(each sign is 30 degrees), which is why a lot of people's sign "change". So for example, if you're birthday i s April 4th, your sun would be in  Aries following Western astrology, but if you follow Sidereel your sun would be in Pisces. But if your birthday is a later date like April 18th you'd be an Aries either way.

But your sign can't randomly change since you were only born one time, and your birthchart is based on that.

1 hour ago, 0Kidsandnotcounting said:

When you got your reading, did it explain the aspects between your placements and the house placements? Because I know when I first got into astrology, when I'd read anything about my stuff it would always be slightly off or kinda vague until I factored in aspects and then it was freakishly accurate, like even about my health and appearance.

And also, there isn't a new system of astrology, it seems like every year I see something being shared about signs changing and that's not exactly right. There's Western astrology (which is what most people know) it's based on precision of the equinoxes so signs are always on the same dates. And there's Sidereel, which is calculated by where the constellations currently are, and over the last a thousand or so years the signs are about 23 degrees off from their original place(each sign is 30 degrees), which is why a lot of people's sign "change". So for example, if you're birthday i s April 4th, your sun would be in  Aries following Western astrology, but if you follow Sidereel your sun would be in Pisces. But if your birthday is a later date like April 18th you'd be an Aries either way.

But your sign can't randomly change since you were only born one time, and your birthchart is based on that.

So if I was born a Cancer (first week of July) and they're now trying to tell me I'm a Gemini and I am 100% spot on Cancer personality-trait wise and not even close to anything Gemini related, I'm still the crab right? 

I can't just change my identity like that. 

11 minutes ago, Casserole said:

So if I was born a Cancer (first week of July) and they're now trying to tell me I'm a Gemini and I am 100% spot on Cancer personality-trait wise and not even close to anything Gemini related, I'm still the crab right? 

I can't just change my identity like that. 

Yes, by sidereal your sun would be in Gemini. I prefer the western placements for describing  personality, but either way you look at it, when you add in aspects and house placements, it kinda adds up to be what you'd expect. So for example, even if your sun changes to Gemini, it could be in the fourth house (cancer is the original sign of the fourth house) or it could be aspected by the moon (rules cancer) so you'd still have a very cancer-like personality either way. 

I hope that made sense because I'm not good at explaining things lol

43 minutes ago, 0Kidsandnotcounting said:

Spoiler

Sun in Aries

Aries is the first sign of the zodiac, and Aries natives are the first to start--and the first to finish--whatever they set out to do. Aries is an active, energetic sign. People with Sun in Aries are direct, straightforward, and uncomplicated. They expect the same from others, and are baffled when they don't always get it. 

The body comes first with Aries. Sun in Aries people are natural athletes. At the very least, their natural inclination is to use their bodies to get things done. They're not given to long, drawn-out emotional moments; nor are they big on planning ahead. Instead, they live their lives simply. What is happening right now is most important to Aries. Impatience is a definite vice, and innovation is a huge strength. Aries loves to start anything new, and they have trouble sitting still. They are pioneers in whatever they do, and there is a very basic quality of bravery in these people that is unmistakable! Aries generally knows what they want, and they know the quickest route to getting it. They take shortcuts if they must, but generally everything is aboveboard. Underhanded just isn't their style. Some Aries people are bold, but even the quieter ones are brave and even plucky in their own way. <- Love vague statements like that, because everyone will think it applies to them! Independence is their birthright. Nothing gets them going more than a fresh slate, the promise of a new day, and a brand new start.

Aries enjoys a challenge, and Aries Suns are happiest when their lives are moving forward and active. There's a childlike quality to all Aries Sun people, and it's often quite charming. 

She has a strong personality and an entrepreneurial spirit. She is ambitious and self-willed, stubborn, obstinate and tenacious.

Weaknesses: nervousness, impulsiveness, wastefulness, provoking nature, restlessness and changeability.

Sun in I

You identify strongly with the image you present to others. You make an impression on others -- you have "presence" -- and you know it. You are self-conscious, although you may prefer to project a strong image. You will feel at your best when you make a mark on the world, but avoid obsessing over what others think of you. Accept that you need to be a leader or an innovator, and go for it, but be careful not to be overbearing with others. Forceful personality. Her desire for self-development leads to success and this is reflected in her career.

211 Conjunction Sun - Mercury

Because your ego and your mind are aligned, you possess much mental energy. You are always in a position to think about what you want, and in many ways, this is an interruption of the will. <- I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. You are highly intelligent with a great drive to communicate with other. You invest a lot of pride in your intellectual capacities. As far as studying or learning goes, you are better off reading the material than listening to a teacher. These traits come from a strong need to take an active role in communications. It is very hard for you to passively listen and absorb information. 

Your opinions are usually strong and you are an independent thinker. You tend to be proud of your opinions and thoughts, and might easily get a bruised ego if you are not "heard", if your opinions are pushed aside or ignored, or if your opinions are criticized. You are expressive and possibly a very animated speaker. You are also very witty and others enjoy your playful and sometimes mischievous sense of humor. <- I feel like this entire paragraph could apply to 90% of the human race. Most people don't like it when their opinions and thoughts are pushed aside or criticized, and most people tend to think they have a good sense of humour.

15 Trine Sun - Uranus

It is natural for you to question tradition. You are, above all things, an individualist. You naturally rebel against that which is established. It doesn't mean that you consistently break all the rules, but you definitely do question some of the rules, especially those that simply don't make much sense. <- Another statement that applies to everyone. How many people are there in the world who never question rules even if they think they don't make sense? You possess a huge distaste for routine. You work best when you have some say as to when and how you get things done. <- But again, most people do. You possess much self-integrity. You avoid labeling people and are most offended when others attempt to label or stereotype you. <- Who isn't?

You easily embrace new ways of doing things, you stick up for the underdog, and you express yourself in unique and inspiring ways. You don't have to try to stand out as unique--you are original, creative, and progressive without trying. You are far from pretentious. You value honesty and truth, and you avoid putting on airs. <- Who's going to read this and think, "Nah, I don't value honesty and truth at all"? You believe in the equality of people, and easily relate to people from all walks of life. You possess an unmistakable enthusiasm about life, and generally your life is interesting because you invite unusual or adventurous experiences into your life. You are generally appreciated by others because you are open-minded, fair, and not judgmental. Nothing really seems to faze you! You take things in stride, and are rarely shocked or taken aback by human behavior. 

The Moon represents the emotional responses, unconscious pre-destination, and the self-image.

Moon in Pisces

Lunar Pisceans are known to be dreamy and not always in touch with reality. However, though these people may not always show real-world savvy in day-to-day, practical affairs, they make up for this with remarkable intuition. They can put themselves in anybody's shoes with extreme ease. On the plus side, this endows them with remarkable compassion and love. The down side with this apparent ability to break down boundaries is that these people can easily lose themselves in the suffering of others. Their sense of humor is delightfully silly and a bit odd. These are perceptive souls who seem to be in touch with all the nuances and subtleties of human nature. Often this comes through in a strong sense of humor that is more of the receptive kind than the type of sense of humor that would make people the "life of the party". It's generally pretty easy to get them giggling.

Moon in Pisces people may get tagged as spaced out, but there's a lot more to them than meets the eye. <- I think it's a safe bet to say that anyone taking the time to read their astrology chart thinks there's more than him/herself than meets the eye. They feel things out, and rely on their intuition. It just doesn't feel right for them to do otherwise. Their dreaminess can mean plenty of moments of absent-mindedness. These times of oblivion can land them in all sorts of predicaments with others who can too easily misunderstand these complex souls. Without plenty of space and time to daydream, Pisces Moons easily get overloaded with life. Give them room to be alone with themselves, and they're generally able to take on the world--even if their style when they do so is not always conventional or understandable. Generally considered soft-hearted and sweet, Lunar Pisceans care about others and are easily touched by human suffering. This tendency gains them the reputation as suckers for sob stories. Although this may sometimes be true, many Lunar Pisceans learn, in their lifetimes, how to discern between sincerity and manipulation. Still, they definitely do have plenty of soft corners. <- Covering all the bases here. "You're easily overwhelmed, but if you have a little time to yourself to recharge, you can take on the world! You're soft-hearted, but you're not gullible!" 

In personal relationships, Lunar Pisceans are giving and yielding. They are generally open on a sexual level, in a quiet way. Their fantasies can be far-reaching, intricate, and rich with emotion. Love is closely tied in with their sexuality. Most Lunar Pisceans are shy; they need a trustworthy lover to bring them out. There's a delightful accepting side to Moon in Pisces that is sometimes mistaken for weakness. Pisces is the twelfth and last sign of the zodiac, and thus carries with it a little of each sign of the zodiac. <- How convenient. As a result, they see themselves reflected in the behavior of others, giving them seemingly boundless compassion. Since the Moon represents our instinctive nature, Moon in Pisces seems to know how things feel without actual experience. For example, they may have never had sex, but seem to know all about it -- even, or especially, the subtleties of it. The ones that aren't too shy make awesome actors and actresses. <- "You might be very shy, or you might not be." Insightful. This ability to empathize even in the absence of experience gives them an open mind and heart. Most long to express this through writing, music (both listening and making), poetry, and art -- in fact, the happiest people with this position do just that. Though some are doormats, most Pisces Moon people instinctively know when they're due for a much-needed recharge. It's at these times that they retreat from the world (and its harsh realities) if only to gather strength to face everything and everyone again. Solitude is important to them, but they also need people, so their retreats will usually be short-lived. <- But again, this applies to every human being on earth who is even slightly introverted. Pisces Moon individuals believe; and, let's face it, the world needs Piscean leaps of faith. <- Wait, what do we believe?

Short description: 

Imaginative, sharp insights. She is impressionable, with an abundant imagination. Gentle, warm, humorous, artistic.

Weaknesses: troubles caused by too much sentimentality, worries, problems, <- Hahaha, this is my favourite so far! Yes, 'problems' are a huge weakness for me! unhealthy imagination, nervousness.

Moon in XII

Curious and inquisitive nature, although more of an observer than a person who asks many questions. She likes peace and quiet, being alone.

This position of the Moon indicates an emotional attachment and sensitivity to all that is ethereal, groundless, and eternal. As sensitive as you are, you often have delayed reactions to your own emotional experiences. You need frequent moments of solitude in order to recharge yourself emotionally, and this need, while strong, can also lead to feelings of isolation and of being misunderstood. <- "We're betting there's a good chance you're an introvert." While you are a perceptive person, you are often either flooded with emotions that are hard to define, or completely out of touch with what you are feeling. Either extreme keeps you from truly discovering your emotional needs. Negative expressions of this position are avoidance of responsibility, using hypersensitivity as an excuse to oneself (and perhaps to others) for not participating, or emotional immaturity. You are sympathetic to others' suffering, but not always emotionally available to help.

-81 Square Moon - Venus

Because you value harmony, you may find yourself giving in to others too easily, especially in the first half of life. Resentment is possible, as you can feel that you are the one who seems to do all the acquiescing. There can be a distinct tendency to become friends (and lovers) with people too readily, simply because there is a strong need for approval and a hunger for receiving affection. <- Wish there was a way to cross that out multiple times, lol! As such, you may get involved with people who seem to really like you, and you fail to consider whether you actually like them back! It's somewhat of a weakness, as you are very charmed by the idea that someone seems to really like and appreciate you. Generally, one of your life's lessons is to learn to discriminate more and to get in touch with what you truly want and need. The functions of the Moon (which rules the emotions and feelings, amongst other things) and the functions of Venus (which rules social relationships, harmony, and partnership, amongst other things) are at cross-purposes. When you attempt to feed the needs of one function, it is often at the expense of the other, until you find some sort of balance. This can play out in a variety of ways. For example, there can be conflicts in partnerships about parenting or whether or not to have a family. You may find yourself compromising your own emotional needs in order to find and keep love. Peace and harmony are important to you--perhaps too much so, as you can easily be taken advantage of. Insecurity is something that you need to deal with at some point in your life. <- Another one that applies to almost everyone. Very sensual, you sometimes replace love with food or shopping! You can also be quite sexually active and sometimes quite lustful. You possess a distinct lazy streak. You are capable of working hard, but you truly appreciate luxuriating and enjoying as many pleasures as possible, and self-discipline simply isn't always at your disposal!

53 Sextile Moon - Jupiter

She is generally pleasantly composed, due to an inner sense of harmony and emotional balance. <-I actually laughed out loud at that one! She is optimistic--and realistically so, most of the time--which contributes to her overall "luck". She is able to get a real perspective on emotional matters that not only benefits her outlook, she is able to offer support to others when needed. <- Notice how this directly and specifically contradicts what was just previously stated, that I don't understand my emotions and am often incapable of offering support to others when needed. Broad-mindedness is a wonderful characteristic. Quick to find humor in situations, she is generally warm and fun to be around. Deep down, she believes in the basic goodness of people and of life in general, and this basic and natural attitude helps her to attract positive circumstances and to make good connections. One of her best qualities is tolerance. Usually, she doesn't take life too seriously in the sense that she believes in having a bit of fun. <- Are there really that many people out there who don't believe in having a bit of fun? her hunches are more often than not bang-on.

She is frank, honest, optimistic and generous. She likes good cooking, her comforts. Her friendships are sincere. She is a worker and knows how to surround herself with the right people: She is appreciated at work. 

137 Sextile Moon - Neptune

Positive aspect: She is kind and sympathetic, with a strongly compassionate nature. When in love, she is usually very devoted. In fact, she is devoted by nature, not only in matters of the heart.

There is an unmistakably compassionate and understanding side to her nature. She has a natural affinity to music. While everyone enjoys music, people with Moon in harmonious aspect to Neptune respond to music as a vehicle to heal, relax, and to uplift the soul. Naturally perceptive, without even trying she tunes into the feelings of others, and the mood of her surroundings. There is a distinct emotional need to escape into the world of imagination, and to withdraw from others at times when she needs to re-center herself, <- Introversion 101 largely because she tends to "take in" a lot of mixed energies from her surroundings. Strong and sudden "feelings" and hunches can overcome her. More often than not, her intuition is correct, although her imagination is also powerful and she can read too much into a situation as a result. <- Again notice the vagueness and the appeal to everyone. "You have a strong intuition but sometimes you're wrong." Some laziness is associated with this position. This stems from a natural timidity and sensitivity that is apparent from youth. She may have been labeled "shy" in youth, and family members or friends may have jumped in to "save" her from situations that required boldness or aggressiveness. Thus, passivity was accepted and, as adults, she may be less experienced than most when it comes to reaching out or going after what she wants. 

142 Trine Moon - Pluto

She wavers between a rich and successful domestic life and social success. She has difficulty in succeeding in both. Very perceptive and given to psychoanalyzing people. A strategist. Powerful emotions and intense feelings.

Mercury represents communication, Cartesian and logical spirit.

Mercury in Aries

She makes quick decisions, streamlines learning, is direct and straightforward in speech, possesses an innocent charm, and can easily motivate others with her enthusiasm. Loves a heated dispute. Lively mind which quickly understands a given situation. She is very resourceful and capable. Prefers to jump into a decision and doesn't have much patience with pretense.

Mercury in I

Lively, alert, penetrating and ingenious mind. She expresses herself easily, is a born orator. She always looks on the bright side. Very adaptable.

You are mercurial in appearance or manner, especially if Mercury is close to (within 10 degrees of) the Ascendant. You are restless, adaptable, changeable, easily distracted, versatile, and nimble. You enjoy talking but might often monopolize the conversation or fail to listen (you might be too busy thinking about what you will say next to truly listen). You have a mischievous and even precocious manner. Lively and interesting, you quickly adapt to new situations. In fact, you treat most new endeavors with curiosity and great interest. Your first reaction to new stimuli is logical and curious rather than emotional.

-4 Square Mercury - Neptune

She makes errors of judgement, and lacks sincerity. <- Wait, I thought I was extremely perceptive and sincere? She lets things happen, and is happy in her dreamworld. Confronted by reality, she is hesitant, incapable of being tested and falls back into her imaginary world. She might become a drug-taker. <- I'm surprised this wasn't qualified with, "Or enjoys a glass of wine now and then."

85 Conjunction Mercury - Ascendant

She is intelligent, with quick and lively reflexes. She is preoccupied by her circle, likes to exchange ideas with her friends, but also with strangers. Of an open nature, she goes out to others.

Venus represents an interest for emotions and values, exchange and sharing with others.

Venus in Gemini

Venus in Gemini people will try to win over the object of their affection with witty conversation, displaying just how much they "know", and demonstrating their diverse interests. These lovers are playful -- some might even call them a tease. They are hard to pin down, and they resist relationships that promise to become too "comfortable". Even those with their Sun in Taurus or Cancer, whose outward demeanor may suggest some reserve and caution, will want their relationships to be stimulating and full of conversation with Venus in Gemini. Venus in Gemini men and women don't want to be tied or bogged down in their relationships. They appreciate lightheartedness in love. Although they are willing to talk (perhaps endlessly) about the relationship, you may get the feeling that they gloss over some of the deeper issues. In love, their tastes change often, and it can be hard to know what to expect from one day to the next (or, sometimes, from one hour to the next!).

Pleasing Venus in Gemini involves supporting their need for fun and variety, showing interest in their brainpower and knowledge, and giving them space for friends and activities outside of the relationship. Let them know just how much fun you have with them. Try not to get overly miffed by Venus in Gemini's changeable, fickle ways. Remember that time spent with your lover will be exciting and invigorating.

Venus in II

There is a link between emotional life and money. She is helped by friends or by a person to whom she is emotionally linked. <- How could this possibly not apply to everyone? May take advantage of friendships for professional success. Activities connected with beauty, aesthetics, finery. Danger: big spending.  <- Totally the opposite of me.

Tangible expressions of love and affection are important to you. Your tastes are usually "simply extravagant", well-defined, strong, and something you are proud of. Some might feel you have a talent for finding items of value and good taste. You are attracted to items of quality. You may use generosity for your own benefit--in other words, you might give gifts with expectation of reward. Some of you might be hedonistic and overly attached to winning admiration from a partner, at the expense of discovering true love. Your neck and upper chest are erogenous zones, and your voice is unusually attractive. You generally don't jump into a new relationship. If you do, your feelings grow gradually. A partner who makes you feel safe and secure is ideal for you. Once committed, your love is long lasting and sincere. You have strong values and others will find it hard to sway you in this area. Sensual, the world of touch and smell is most appealing to you. Complex or mysterious partners are not as intriguing to you as simple and genuine ones.

53 Trine Venus - Mars

She is amorous, not a peaceful and calm lover but a passionate one with a strong temperament. She is demonstrative in love, and likes healthy pleasures. She enjoys life to the full.

126 Sextile Venus - Ascendant

She likes everything beautiful, the Arts, balance and harmony. She is amiable and sociable. She likes entertainment and has a loving nature. <- Describes everyone on earth. Everyone likes beautiful things, balance and harmony. Everyone thinks they're a pretty nice person. Everyone likes 'entertainment'.

Mars represents the desire for action and physical energy.

Mars in Aquarius

It can be a little difficult to understand exactly what makes a Mars in Aquarius native tick. And that's absolutely fine with them--they enjoy surprising people. The tried-and-true methods of getting things done are far too boring for those born with Mars in this unique and original sign. Mars in Aquarius natives often have a rather original view of the world as well. These natives are generally quite proud of their independence. They are not easily pushed around with Mars in this fixed sign. Because Aquarius is progressive and open-minded when it comes to the world at large, it can be surprising that on a personal level, Mars in Aquarius natives can be quite obstinate. If they feel boxed in, they are quite likely to rebel. If you've discovered a pattern to their ways, they'll make sure they aren't so predictable the next time around. Being seen as "normal" simply won't do!

With Mars, the planet of energy and drive, in an Air sign, these individuals get off on mental and intellectual pursuits. <- What does this mean? I derive sexual pleasure from intellectual activities? Aquarius is a somewhat scattered sign, even though it's persevering in the long haul. If there's a method to their madness, it isn't always easy to see. Projects are taken on with a shotgun-style approach with this position of Mars. Mars in Air signs are generally quite clever at getting what they want; in Aquarius, they are particularly adept at getting their way. While this is not an overtly aggressive position of Mars (Aquarius has a manner that is far too detached to come across too forcefully), it is very willful. Combine willfulness with the cleverness of an Air sign, and you have a person who is quite creative about getting what they want--which generally is getting their way! Unlike with Mars in Aries or Leo natives, for example, you won't always know you're being dominated by a Mars in Aquarius native!

One of the most pleasant characteristics of Mars in Aquarius natives is their willingness to let others be. They place a lot of value in freedom and individuality--theirs and yours. They need space to be themselves and plenty of room to breathe. Generally not the touchy-feely types, these natives often laugh at sentimentality and tradition. <- So what about all those sections of the report that told me I was an extremely sentimental person? In personal relationships, their approach to intimacy is definitely on the detached side, which can be baffling and frustrating to more personal and affectionate personalities. <- Another contradiction. Of all the personal planets in the sign of Aquarius, Mars placed here can show the strongest "reformer" streak. The Aquarian ideal of equality works big time with this position, and the desire to push their agenda on others (usually in creative, rather than aggressive, ways) runs high. Obstinacy and a superiority complex are this position's least desirable traits; openness to new ways of doing things (as long as they're not forced upon them) is where they shine.

Mars in XI

She achieves her ambitions. She is impulsive and presses on without thinking. She starts something new without necessarily finishing the last job. She likes to dominate and lacks diplomacy where friends and professional relations are concerned.

-43 Square Mars - Jupiter

She refuses to accept any guidance. She lacks forethought, acts impulsively and sometimes imprudently, which can cause problems.  <- Totally contradicts various other parts of the report. She wants everything yesterday and uses whatever means necessary to achieve her objectives, even if they are dishonest or not very commendable.  <- Another blatant and irreconcilable contradiction.Her emotional life is fraught with quarrels and sometimes violent conflicts. <- And again.

18 Sextile Mars - Ascendant

Jupiter represents expansion and grace.

Jupiter in Taurus

She attracts the most good fortune when she is charitable, generous but discriminating, and patient. <- Everyone does. Watch for over-indulgence. Delights in sensual pleasures and wants the good life.  I crossed this out because 'sensual pleasures' are not a priority for me, but I think there are very few people on earth who don't want 'the good life'.

Jupiter in I

She is jovial, <- Or am I serious? expansive, dynamic, kindly, altruistic. She has good judgment, is tolerant and likes food. She has a good education and a prosperous life<- What is a prosperous life?

42 Trine Jupiter - Saturn

She is serious, <- Or am I serious? patient, <- But it told me above that I'm extremely impatient? honest, <- Didn't it just tell me I was deceitful and willing to take advance of people to get my way? hard-working, <- But I just read multiple times that I'm lazy and lack self-discipline? orderly. <- I thought I was scatter-brained? Her judgment is good and she thinks things over. She pursues her objectives to the bitter end, <- Wait, don't I constantly start things without finishing them? usually knowing when to choose the right moment. She is upright and respects the law. <- So true. I am in fact not a criminal.

10 Trine Jupiter - Uranus

She knows what's going on at a glance. She thirsts after knowledge, and is a good organizer. She is very independent, likes her freedom of action, is a non-conformist. She is very agreeable company and is always in demand.

51 Trine Jupiter - Neptune

She is very generous and altruistic, helping people in difficulty or sick people. She knows how to listen or, at least, how to give that impression. <- Thought I couldn't listen because I was too busy thinking about what I wanted to say and it gets me in trouble? She is a dreamer, with lots of imagination: she likes the Arts.

-107 Opposition Jupiter - Pluto

She might be tempted to exploit others.

She is rarely satisfied with her achievements unless they are big. She is an opportunist.

Saturn represents contraction and effort.

Saturn in Capricorn

She is scrupulous, honest, correct, worthy and respectable. 

Weaknesses: melancholy, sullenness, disappointment and bitterness. 

Saturn in IX

She is studious, patient, rigorous, austere. She likes reflection, meditation. She carries out all the plans she makes. She is a stay-at-home. <- A stay-at-home what? Also, wait for the part coming up below that tells me I travel all the time and may move away to a foreign country.

355 Conjunction Saturn - Uranus

She knows how to be on top of the situation. She perseveres, is determined but ingenious and original. She is very practical. She proceeds slowly, but is always bound to achieve her objectives in the end.

84 Conjunction Saturn - Neptune

Her plans are realized in a methodical fashion, she works hard to achieve success.

Uranus represents individual liberty, egoistic liberty.

Uranus in Capricorn

A great battler. She has so much power, that one thinks nothing can defeat her. Her mission in society, in the world means everything to her.

Uranus in IX

Interested in humanity. She is highly intellectual. She travels a lot. Her mind is always alert, even when sleeping, during which time she often resolves the problems of the previous day. <- lol I wish. That would be great.

16 Conjunction Uranus - Neptune

Neptune represents transcendental liberty, non-egoistic liberty.

Neptune in Capricorn

She is discerning, wise and sensible.

Neptune in X

She is a very idealistic person, and wants to see her ideals, hopes, and dreams made concrete and real in the everyday world. She is driven to put ideals into action.She has great ambition, which sometimes obsesses her. She always wants to check work already done, she is terrified of being less than perfect.

63 Sextile Neptune - Pluto

-15 Square Neptune - Ascendant

She is very easily influenced and fragile. She suffers disappointments. <- I would love to know who on this planet does not suffer disappointments.

Pluto represents transformations, mutations and elimination. 

Pluto in Scorpio

Great sexual activity. 

House I is the area of self identity. The ascendant is a symbol of how one acts in life. It is the image of the personality as seen by others, and the attitude that one has towards life.

Ascendant In Aries

People with Aries Ascendants are direct and quick. Their first instinct is to do, rather than think. Planning ahead? Forget it. Aries rising simply charges forward without much ado. This position does not make a person aggressive. Forthright, yes, but aggression is too strong a word for these natives. They have a youthful, direct manner that sees what it wants and generally goes for it. At the same time, there isn't any malice in their intent. Some Aries rising people are competitive, but they generally put most of the pressure on themselves. These people love to come out ahead in all that they do. They get ready quickly, walk quickly, and have little patience for dilly-dallying. Their temper is quick, too. It's also quick to disappear. Rarely do you find Aries rising people holding grudges. Their mannerisms are rather simple and straightforward. 

Aries rising loves action, and is often trying to stir up some activity. Their strengths lie in their enterprising ways. Finishing things they start does not always come as easily, unless the ruler, Mars, is placed in a more tenacious sign, such as Taurus or Scorpio. Aries Ascendant often gives a rather swift walk, with the head leaning forward slightly. This walk is surprisingly distinctive. Headaches, and sinus and eye problems are the usual physical complaints of this position. Rashes and acne on the face and shoulders sometimes occur. Broad shoulders and slim hips are common. Often, Aries rising people are quick to smile, and they possess a youthful charm throughout life. Probably early on in life, Aries rising people got typecast as the "independent" child. <- Previously it said I was probably typecast as the shy and overly dependent child, so which is it? As adults, people with Aries Ascendants often stick to that role in life. People don't run to help them out -- they appear quite fine doing things on their own. These people have learned to be self-reliant, and this generally stems from their early experiences. Despite a rather brusque and independent manner, these natives are usually very willing to compromise in their relationships, and are very attached to the people they hold dear. <- Pretty basic human trait.

House II is the area of material security and values. It rules money and personal finances, sense of self-worth and basic values, personal possessions.

House II in Taurus

Financially usually comfortable, but there can be a tendency to splurge on luxury items. However, she is unlikely to go wanting. The house where Venus is placed can show areas where money can be made. Holds on to things. Sentimental about personal possessions.

House III is the area of social and intellectual learning.

House III in Gemini

She adapts well to any kind of change, and enthusiastically. She doesn't like monotony. Early family life was busy, and usually this position suggests a number of siblings. Work in communications or the media is possible. Writing talent is also probable. Reads and thinks a lot, but is not very focused. Has a lot of projects going at once.

House IV is the area of home, family, roots, and deep emotions/sense of self-worth.

House IV in Cancer

Reveres family life, children have a large place in her heart. Sheis by nature calm, affectionate, delicate and tender. Values peace and calm in the home. Is nostalgic and collects things of sentimental value.

House V is the area of creative self-expression, romance, entertainment, children, and gambling.

House V in Cancer

She will often be in love, up until the day she meets the chosen one. She is not a gambler, by any means. Is safe in a casino. Takes great pleasure in home life. Hobbies may be cooking, sewing, and other Cancer-related pastimes. Very affectionate lover, but private and sensitive.

House VI is the area of learning by material transaction.

House VI in Leo

Ability to command, authority at work. Weak point: the heart and arteries. 

House VII is the area of one-to-one relationships such as marriage and partnership, and of social and intellectual action.

House VII in Libra

Looks for compromise in relationships and marriage. May get involved in a committed relationship earlier than many.

House VIII is the area of emotional security and of security of the soul.

House VIII in Scorpio

Lots of vivacity and hastiness put life in danger too often, and one of these times could be too much. 

House IX is the area of learning that shapes the identity.

House IX in Sagittarius

Long voyages abroad. Might settle permanently in a foreign country. Intellectual work, mathematical mind. <- Extremely inaccurate.

House X is the area of material action. The Mid-heaven represents the work one will do in his life, the place one will take in the world of society. It becomes more important as one grows older

House X in Capricorn

Someone who is completely trusted at work. Respectable, irreproachable in her work and moral qualities, scrupulous and praiseworthy. 

House XI is the area of search for social and intellectual security.

House XI in Capricorn

Stable friendships with composed, wise people, from whose experience of life she can profit in her own life.

House XII is the area of education and of emotion.

House XII in Aquarius

Friends can be complicated, perhaps bringing predicaments to your life. <- Perfect ending: a statement with literally directly contradicts the one right above it!

Beneath the spoiler is the natal chart I got from one of the websites suggested in this topic. This is very typical of every chart I've ever had done. I used my exact location, date and time of birth.

I went through and bolded the statements I thought applied to me, crossed out those which didn't, and left alone the ones that I didn't really have an opinion on either way. I added my commentary in red with the statement it's referring to in blue.

I don't want to rag on astrology. Even though I don't believe in it, I think it's fun (I wouldn't have spent far too much of my Saturday morning going through that report and commenting on it if I didn't!), and generally harmless. But if I was ever inclined to believe it was accurate, my many inaccurate readings over the years would never allow me to sustain that belief. But I just want to say again that I'm absolutely not judging anyone who loves astrology. More power to you!

So what is it about the exact moment one emerges from the birth canal (or through the roof as the case may be) that fixes things re: planetary positions? I get that the time of year at birth may make a difference in early childhood, but otherwise… I just don't see it.

@MadameOvary, as the mother of three daughters (and two VBAC daughters) born by c-section,  I love that "through the roof" phrase!

Ashley Montagu said in Touching: the Human Significance of Skin that babies born in the fall tend to be smarter than those born at other times of the year.  He postulated that it was because babies born in the fall were conceived during the winter and  morning sickness was easier to deal with in cool weather, leading to better nutrition for the fetus.  I don't know whether there is anything to that idea or not.

56 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@MadameOvary, as the mother of three daughters (and two VBAC daughters) born by c-section,  I love that "through the roof" phrase!

Ashley Montagu said in Touching: the Human Significance of Skin that babies born in the fall tend to be smarter than those born at other times of the year.  He postulated that it was because babies born in the fall were conceived during the winter and  morning sickness was easier to deal with in cool weather, leading to better nutrition for the fetus.  I don't know whether there is anything to that idea or not.

As an October baby, I believe this hypothesis. ;)

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived