IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and the latest Dillard- Part 23

samurai_sarah

Did we ever hear any confirmation about whether the Dillards will return to SCA now? I haven't read anything about it. It would seem foolhardly. 

And yes, Derek's surgery did him no favors. His mouth looks completely off center. I can't imagine what kind of doctor would do this, but I do not understand the reasons for it. He was nice looking before to me. 

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Pasta said:

Is Jill far enough along that she would know the sex of her baby? I'm only asking because Dilldicks last insta post has emojis of two guys and two gals. I truly hope they're not having a girl. 20170106_162449.png

It's not too early for someone with a July due date to know the sex. You can get noninvasive genetic testing done at 10 weeks and results take a week. Not sure how far she is but I'm due 8/12 and will be 9 weeks tomorrow. A few (3-4) companies offer the test, Harmony and Verifi come to mind. It is very expensive unless covered by insurance though. Wonder if they even have health insurance ? 

Erin Paine had early testing with Brooklyn. She wasn't even showing when they did the sex reveal, and in show context, it confirmed she wasn't far along at all. Nowhere near 15-20 weeks at any rate. 

Jill is only 25. Can she still be insured under whatever bogus policy Boob must have? I've wondered the same about Jessa and how the eradication of Obamacare would force her back into the insurance pool like normal people. 

40 minutes ago, coffeebean7 said:

It's not too early for someone with a July due date to know the sex. You can get noninvasive genetic testing done at 10 weeks and results take a week. Not sure how far she is but I'm due 8/12 and will be 9 weeks tomorrow. A few (3-4) companies offer the test, Harmony and Verifi come to mind. It is very expensive unless covered by insurance though. Wonder if they even have health insurance ? 

There's no way Jill is getting any genetic testing done. (I'm not knocking that because I didn't either.) But they don't even really do any real ultrasounds or anything so I doubt they'd know the sex very early. I think they like to go to the boutique place later in the pregnancy to find out the "gender" and that's pretty much it.

38 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Erin Paine had early testing with Brooklyn. She wasn't even showing when they did the sex reveal, and in show context, it confirmed she wasn't far along at all. Nowhere near 15-20 weeks at any rate. 

Jill is only 25. Can she still be insured under whatever bogus policy Boob must have? I've wondered the same about Jessa and how the eradication of Obamacare would force her back into the insurance pool like normal people. 

My old boss had a blood test done at like 12 weeks that told her the sex of the baby.  But that would require them to see a doctor, can't see that happeing. 

2 hours ago, December said:

Well, I guess the debate around abortion rights/access is just that simple, then! :pb_rollseyes:

This made me laugh. It's so true that once the prolife project 'saves' a baby, they can get dropped back into the adverse circumstances that may have caused their mother to think of abortion, before changing her mind or a lack of abortion providers. If you are anti-abortion, Put more effort into lowering stigma for young, single and do I still have to write this, unwed mamas, whether they give a baby up for adoption or decide to keep it. Then provide holistic support for these mamas on getting governmental and child support, job training and safe housing. If they really believed strongly in prolife they would provide tax incentives and grants for nonprofits to flock to provide these services. But they don't.  

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Did we ever hear any confirmation about whether the Dillards will return to SCA now? I haven't read anything about it. It would seem foolhardly. 

And yes, Derek's surgery did him no favors. His mouth looks completely off center. I can't imagine what kind of doctor would do this, but I do not understand the reasons for it. He was nice looking before to me. 

If it was the same person who does the duggar girls braces he is totally screwed. I say this because it has bothered me for years how bad their orthodontist is. Well actually not just theirs a whole shit ton of them these days. They don't fix the kids bites, line up mid lines etc. That is why you see so many people with straight teeth, but watch when they talk or eat and how their jaws jut out. Also now a days many people still have brace mouth long after the braces come off. I think it boils down to people wanting  to get the teeth straightened in as little  time as possible and also they are being put on children much younger now. So you basically get the straight teeth,  but none of the corrections.  

I wore braces for 4 years and I am thankful I had an awesome orthodontist and oral surgeon.  No matter how good Dericks surgeon was if the orthodontist just quick fixing. He could end up with straight teeth, but crooked face. Since he has been gone so much since having the surgery how on earth is he getting regular ortho checkups? With something as major as he had done you would think he would be making sure he is following up, but I am guessing his missionary work is much more important.

With the duggars they would totally buy used and save the difference if they could at the orthodontist lol.

Maybe someone can spend their 'birthday wish from God' asking if Jill can please, please have a boy. 

I hope the baby is not born the 8th. Don't want to share birthday with a Duggar. 

1 hour ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

They don't fix the kids bites, line up mid lines etc.

I got braces in my late 40's. My teeth weren't bad but I had some misalignment in the back that was giving me problems. It took right at a year for my teeth to get fixed, and my face changed a bit afterwards. The biggest difference is that I don't have as much of an overbite as I did before. it's not a HUGE change but it's a change. I'm thrilled I got it done. It was worth every ortho appointment (every 4 weeks), every torture with new power chains, and the permanent retainers I now have across my bottom teeth (behind my teeth so they can't be seen). 

As a former dental medicine student (I didn't finish the degree, though) I am also bothered by Dericks off-center teeth, I mean wth happened, who fixed his teeth? it was better before with the slightly crooked teeth but more or less in the center. My teeth look like Derick's now, straight but very far off center. I have never had an orthodontist appointment in my life and I'm thinking about fixing it, if it is possible at all (probably not). Nature gave them to me that way.

And on another note, I am also bothered by Jill's gum line. I don't know if she has problems with her gums, but it's always the first thing I see when she smiles. But it might just be her natural healthy gums like that, Idk.

Seeing the orthodontic journey derrick is walking through was a huge motivator in not putting it off for my son. He's got massive overcrowding and a small palate, and people kept telling us not to bother getting it corrected so young because it was just a cash grab. But I'm going with the Degreed Orthodontic Professionals on this one: it's better to work on it now while he is still growing, than wait until it becomes an invasive surgical procedure. 

13 hours ago, Stormy said:

I think it may have been medically necessary with his orthodontic treatment. I had a friend in high school who had to have the same surgery (bringing the top jaw forward because it was too far back) and it was a huge deal. She had to have it over a break because she was out of commission due to her jaw being wired shut for a few weeks. It also took over a year for the swelling to go down completely (someone told her she looked like a monkey :my_sad:) and the way her face looks today is not that much different than how it was. I highly doubt that Derrick would have done this for cosmetic reasons, especially in tandem with the stresses of jetting off to Central America and starting a family (and considering he looked fine before). His jaw was probably super out-of-whack, which can cause some problems down the line (trust me, I have TMJ/arthritis in my jaw due to my misaligned back teeth being overlooked by my old dentist). How long ago did he have the surgery?

But...it's not just the jaw, it's like the top part of his mouth shifted to the left too.  Like the line between the top center teeth isn't in line with his nose.  One of the top teeth is smack dab in the middle of his face.  How did the whole top palate slip sideways?  ( I am definitely not a degreed dental professional...)

If it was the same person who does the duggar girls braces he is totally screwed. I say this because it has bothered me for years how bad their orthodontist is. Well actually not just theirs a whole shit ton of them these days. They don't fix the kids bites, line up mid lines etc. That is why you see so many people with straight teeth, but watch when they talk or eat and how their jaws jut out. Also now a days many people still have brace mouth long after the braces come off. I think it boils down to people wanting  to get the teeth straightened in as little  time as possible and also they are being put on children much younger now. So you basically get the straight teeth,  but none of the corrections.  
I wore braces for 4 years and I am thankful I had an awesome orthodontist and oral surgeon.  No matter how good Dericks surgeon was if the orthodontist just quick fixing. He could end up with straight teeth, but crooked face. Since he has been gone so much since having the surgery how on earth is he getting regular ortho checkups? With something as major as he had done you would think he would be making sure he is following up, but I am guessing his missionary work is much more important.
With the duggars they would totally buy used and save the difference if they could at the orthodontist lol.

How do you tell if an orthodontist is good? I'm thinking about getting braces in the next few years and it seems like prices vary so much! and then there is Invisalign which I am honestly wary if it really works as well as metal does.

9 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

.... If you are anti-abortion, Put more effort into lowering stigma for young, single and do I still have to write this, unwed mamas, whether they give a baby up for adoption or decide to keep it. 

If they really believed strongly in prolife they would provide tax incentives and grants for nonprofits to flock to provide these services. But they don't.  

(I would've just bolded the above, but my iPhone is in need of some blanket time.)

As I've posted before, my parents were wonderful, but not without their faults. My da might not actually have died of shame if any of us had come home pregnant & unmarried, but I'm certain he would've been broken and never able to feel about us the same way, again. Why? Because of the arrogance of some of his elders, who IMHO perverted their religion of love and forgiveness into one of contempt and judgment for him.

In any case, when I first heard Planned Parenthood's old motto, "every child a wanted child," my reactions were understandably diverse. Heh.

WRT the tax incentives, not exactly the same thing but some years ago I heard an anti-choice speaker say that his problem was stopping abortions. Providing for the mother and newborn child?, someone asked him.  "That's not my problem," he said dismissively. "My problem is stopping abortion."

Until that moment, I hadn't thought much about the debate because -- as mentioned above -- there had been no way *I* was going to be in that situation.

By that time I was already married and happy to be a mama. But that throwaway line, "(Care for the mother & child), that's not my problem"---that started me really thinking.  And here I am. 

Slight change of topic.

I just saw the preview for the new season of CO. The Dullards are nowhere to be found. Even at the end when they do a big shot of all the older kids, they zoom in at  the end to Jessa and Jinger and their respective headships. 

Is this just a random occurrence, or does TLC think Jill and Derrick are kind of depressing now and no longer good for the brand?

Maybe they're saving the Dullards for the end so they can announce their pregnancy. Surprise. We already know about it. :562479a9d021a_Titanicyawn:

2 minutes ago, lomo6 said:

Slight change of topic.

I just saw the preview for the new season of CO. The Dullards are nowhere to be found. Even at the end when they do a big shot of all the older kids, they zoom in at  the end to Jessa and Jinger and their respective headships. 

Is this just a random occurrence, or does TLC think Jill and Derrick are kind of depressing now and no longer good for the brand?

I think it's a couple of things. Since much of this season is footage shot during last season I think that Jill and Derek weren't home yet to be in some of the footage. I think we have also speculated quite a bit that they had a hard fall reintegrating back into life in the us, waiting for pregnancy, wondering about the future. That kind of angst and potential depression wouldn't enhance the brand of always smile and show random happy bits of life. When they were doing the filming, they may not have have much happy to film about with Jill and Derek.

17 hours ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

If it's in July She would be too early to tell. 

My SIL, who just gave birth, found out she was having a girl at just 12 weeks pregnant because she opted to do an early blood test. This test is not as invasive as they used to be; it just uses the mother's blood. It detects chromosomal abnormalities (like Down Syndrome, etc.) and also identifies the sex of the baby (since boys have a Y chromosome, which shows up in the test). Now I know Jill would typically never do extensive testing or extra stuff with their hands-off, poorly-trained approach to pregnancy, but MAYBE she did have some extra testing this time due to the risk of Zika? Don't know. It does seem really weird to me that he used those emojis (why include an extra girl?), but maybe he's trolling.

14 hours ago, pooplexed said:

Snip

When someone is lucky enough to have cascades of loose auburn waves for hair, or beautiful brown eyes with silvery sparkles, they might get comments  that it is beautiful. Others might feel jealous.  But they are not usually presumed to be good people because of their nice features. That is one of the absurdities of how we treat women's bodies. 

And "Bless your heart."

Thank you for calling brown eyes beautiful! I always hated it in high school and college (late 80's- early 90's) they had best eyes as a "fun" homecoming contest. Inevitably, all of the pictures would feature blue eyes. I would quietly get snarly, as I have brown eyes and love them. I'm also really attracted to men with brown eyes, much more so than blue eyes. It's just a personal preference for me, as some men prefer blonds, redheads, or brunettes.

2 hours ago, freedom_for_all said:

How do you tell if an orthodontist is good? I'm thinking about getting braces in the next few years and it seems like prices vary so much! and then there is Invisalign which I am honestly wary if it really works as well as metal does.

You can start on Yelp and ask your own dentist and just talk to people who actually have braces. Talk talk talk. Ask many people. 

2 hours ago, freedom_for_all said:

Invisalign won't work if you have type of cross bite. I once had an orthodontist want to charge me $5000 up front to order invisalign for a single tooth that shifted after I initially had braces, when I went to another one for a 2nd opinion they were shocked they even offered it for the way my tooth was positioned. I actually ended up with metal braces again (wear your retainer, kids) but they were completely white so you couldn't even tell I had them unless you were up close, and I only had to wear them for about a month to fix my rogue tooth.

I now have a permanent retainer behind it so that shit doesn't happen again. 

1 hour ago, flycat said:

I think it's a couple of things. Since much of this season is footage shot during last season I think that Jill and Derek weren't home yet to be in some of the footage.

That's weird AF to me! Last season it seemed like TLC was working with five collective minutes of footage, what with the neverending recaps, recaps of recaps and episodes of literal nothingness... when they actually had all this material they could have made into episodes? Duggars aside, TLC's production of this show seems like a huge clusterfuck.

12 hours ago, coffeebean7 said:

The companies pretty much all will heavily reduce the cost whether you have insurance or not. I paid around $80 between the fee reduction and an extra reduction for paying quickly. I had the Harmony test and called them before having it done and it went just as they said (nasty EOB from insurance, less nasty but still pricey bill from Harmony, sent in income info, received very reduced final bill).

Of course, I doubt Jill would have this test done either way, but for the sake of any potential pregnant readers wanted to get the word out :)

I actually just saw for the first time the preview for the show. Hearing Joy say "I love surprises!" makes it all of.... one thing I actually know about her. 

I'm actually surprised UP TV is better at producing their Bates show than TLC. Watching the latest BUB, they show their kids actually "working" towards different goals, even if it is just made up for the show. TLC doesn't even pretend the kids are working towards achieving something (no, the treehouse doesn't count). TLC definitely has more money to spend on the Duggars, and we still have no idea what ANY of those kids do with their time.

No- I'm certainly not saying at all Bates > Duggars. I'm more so surprised that a lower budget UP network seems smarter and more savvy than TLC.

I may be going to hell for this... but I want Jill to have a girl on July 4th and  name her :drumroll: America. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived