IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and the latest Dillard- Part 23

samurai_sarah

11 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I'm wondering if his crazy defrauding maneater tweets are passive aggressive responses to Susanna Keller? Looks like she just got engaged. 

I don't know when he would have met Susanna Keller. She's been a single mom (and out of Gothardland) much longer than Triple D has been in the Duggar orbit. I don't think the Dullards have ever been to Florida, where they could have met her at the parents', nor has Susanna visited the Duggars since before she had Noelle. 

So, short answer? No. :content: And congrats to Suze. 

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I don't know when he would have met Susanna Keller. She's been a single mom (and out of Gothardland) much longer than Triple D has been in the Duggar orbit. I don't think the Dullards have ever been to Florida, where they could have met her at the parents', nor has Susanna visited the Duggars since before she had Noelle. 

My thought was more along the lines that one of his in-laws had a child out of wed lock and had rumors of being shunned by the Duggars. She happened to have big news that coincided with his tweets but it's likely a coincidence.

18 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Yeah, I think it is not about Susanna Keller as well. I don't think he cares enough about her, even if they had met, to get involved and tweet about it. My first thought was maybe his brother's wife (they're married, right?) did something, or maybe a friend we know nothing about.

i just think for him to care enough to tweet about it, it would have to be someone close to him.

6 minutes ago, Casserole said:

If Gothardites weren't so anti-alcohol, I would totally think Derick's been hitting the bottle. 

I've had the exact same thought, starting with his crazy Santa post. 

Back to the Kellers, Anna is an in-law. Her family is not. I don't know anyone who considers the siblings of a BIL or SIL also as an inlaw. 

1 minute ago, Londish said:

Yeah, I think it is not about Susanna Keller as well. I don't think he cares enough about her, even if they had met, to get involved and tweet about it. My first thought was maybe his brother's wife (they're married, right?) did something, or maybe a friend we know nothing about.

i just think for him to care enough to tweet about it, it would have to be someone close to him.

Even then, it's none of Triple D's business what Deena did before she married Dan. I doubt Dan was a virgin, and Derick stood up for him as his Best Man. 

That said, #maneater is still baffling me. 

5 minutes ago, Casserole said:

If Gothardites weren't so anti-alcohol, I would totally think Derick's been hitting the bottle. 

It is quite possible. Hypocrisy...fundamentalism's middle name. 

That aside, mental illness with or without substance abuse a possibility? I know we are not supposed to diagnose but he seems to have gone off the rails.

I just picture Derick spending hours a day thumbing through the bible in a very manic way, trying to pick his tweet for the day.

Someone on the Pickles page pointed out that many people try to read a proverb a day and so Derick just happened to be reading Proverbs 7 and felt strongly about what he'd read. I hope that's all it is. In any case, he's a dick.

Also, I have no idea what Benessa will name their next blessing (still hoping for Fred) but I think between Cathy's tweets, Jill's star of David necklace and them naming their first child Israel,  the Dillards will have a Hebrew/Israel theme. I'm expecting names like Canaan, Judea, Zion, Selah, Nazareth, Bethlehem, River Jordan, Aviva ...and perhaps when they start running out of names, British Mandatory Palestine (I kid)

19 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Someone on the Pickles page pointed out that many people try to read a proverb a day and so Derick just happened to be reading Proverbs 7 and felt strongly about what he'd read. I hope that's all it is. In any case, he's a dick.

Also, I have no idea what Benessa will name their next blessing (still hoping for Fred) but I think between Cathy's tweets, Jill's star of David necklace and them naming their first child Israel,  the Dillards will have a Hebrew/Israel theme. I'm expecting names like Canaan, Judea, Zion, Selah, Nazareth, Bethlehem, River Jordan, Aviva ...and perhaps when they start running out of names, British Mandatory Palestine (I kid)

I would pay them a million dollars to name their next kid Palestinian Occupied Territories.

Also, usually I'm fairly relaxed about these sorts of things, but fundies appropriating Jewish symbols and cultural elements pisses me off so much, mostly because too many fundie encounters I've had or friends with fundie-lite sorts have been marred by being told that I'm going to burn in hell and I'm a bad person because I'm Jewish, since that means I'm not a Christian/"saved". So yeah, don't tell me that I'm less than you and you consider me evil because I don't share your faith, and then turn around and start wearing symbols that marked my ancestors for death at the hands of people like you.

17 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I would pay them a million dollars to name their next kid Palestinian Occupied Territories.

Also, usually I'm fairly relaxed about these sorts of things, but fundies appropriating Jewish symbols and cultural elements pisses me off so much, mostly because too many fundie encounters I've had or friends with fundie-lite sorts have been marred by being told that I'm going to burn in hell and I'm a bad person because I'm Jewish, since that means I'm not a Christian/"saved". So yeah, don't tell me that I'm less than you and you consider me evil because I don't share your faith, and then turn around and start wearing symbols that marked my ancestors for death at the hands of people like you.

With the nickname Pot? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :obscene-smokingweed:

5 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

With the nickname Pot? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :obscene-smokingweed:

Well, they pray to the Lord on high and Derick believes that sinners should be stoned...

3 hours ago, Whipple said:

It is quite possible. Hypocrisy...fundamentalism's middle name. 

That aside, mental illness with or without substance abuse a possibility? I know we are not supposed to diagnose but he seems to have gone off the rails.

As the late, great George Carlin said:

There are three religious truths:

1. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.

2. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian faith.

3. Baptists do not recognize each other in the liquor store or at Hooters.

I was raised Southern Baptist, and since becoming an adult and leaving the church, I've heard all kinds of hairy stories about what upstanding members of the various congregations I've attended were getting into...

Anyway, at 27 (will be 28 in two months), Derick's on the old side to be developing that type and degree of mental illness out of the blue. I think the cause of these outbursts is was more prosaic: he's always held these beliefs but didn't feel comfortable with trumpeting them until moving into a socially isolated echo-chamber full of people who think he's a brilliant theologian. The fact that life has been rough on him lately could also be motivating all the self-righteous lashing-out. 

Maybe Derick is trying to compete with Ben, in the hopes of being invited to speak at a conference?

Or could the next step be waving placards and yelling at people in public...

Derick is either hitting the bottle and picking random pages from the Bible or off his rocker.

1 hour ago, JesusCampSongs said:

As the late, great George Carlin said:

I was raised Southern Baptist, and since becoming an adult and leaving the church, I've heard all kinds of hairy stories about what upstanding members of the various congregations I've attended were getting into...

Anyway, at 27 (will be 28 in two months), Derick's on the old side to be developing that type and degree of mental illness out of the blue. I think the cause of these outbursts is was more prosaic: he's always held these beliefs but didn't feel comfortable with trumpeting them until moving into a socially isolated echo-chamber full of people who think he's a brilliant theologian. The fact that life has been rough on him lately could also be motivating all the self-righteous lashing-out. 

Actually I think the average age of onset for schizophrenia in men is mid 20s and approximately the same for bipolar disorder. It's not out of the question. Not saying that's what I think is happening. 

I suspect he was always been a little bit off but his decent into duggar land and its various stressors has not done him any favors. 

6 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

New tweet! 

I really dislike this talk of end times. I feel sure that this talk is what fundamentalists like Derick use to justify all kinds of behavior that would not otherwise be acceptable.

Like being completely wasteful of natural resources. Or like being indifferent to the well-being of people they think are not going to heaven. 

I would like to see Derick acquire a life: do real work, accomplish something genuinely positive for society, earn money rather than live off handouts (from his father-in-law or from leghumpers), and stop haranguing people who are trying to live their own lives.

6 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

"Swordfish!"

@MJB

2 minutes ago, Analytica49 said:

I really dislike this talk of end times. I feel sure that this talk is what fundamentalists like Derick use to justify all kinds of behavior that would not otherwise be acceptable.

Like being completely wasteful of natural resources. Or like being indifferent to the well-being of people they think are not going to heaven. 

I would like to see Derick acquire a life: do real work, accomplish something genuinely positive for society, earn money rather than live off handouts (from his father-in-law or from leghumpers), and stop haranguing people who are trying to live their own lives.

I agree.  The Duggars and their ilk have been predicting the 'end times' for eons.  IMHO just an excuse to be horrid people.  Like the TV preachers who are multi-millionaires raking in the bucks from people who think the world will end soon and the only way to be saved is to buy  the televangelist another airplane   

9 minutes ago, Snarkle Motion said:

Actually I think the average age of onset for schizophrenia in men is mid 20s and approximately the same for bipolar disorder. It's not out of the question. Not saying that's what I think is happening. 

I suspect he was always been a little bit off but his decent into duggar land and its various stressors has not done him any favors. 

I don't think we should be armchair diagnosing something as serious and devastating as bipolar disorder or schizophrenia. I do think something's wrong with Derick, but I'm not going to put a label on it; let the professionals do that, if he ever sees one, which I think he should. Even if nothing's officially mentally wrong with him, I think it would do him good to work through all the stuff he's experienced in the past couple of years; he's had a lot of upheaval in his life.

That being said, I think he's kind of an asshole and I think that's more the issue at hand than any actual mental problems.

1 hour ago, Analytica49 said:

I know what you mean, but many people I know don't necessarily take those kinds of verses to mean the world WILL end any minute (although many believe it could), but more that "life is short," which isn't a bad perspective to have. As in be wise, because you never know how much time you have left. But I guess maybe Derick uses it more in of a way to justify unacceptable behavior. Interesting way to look at it. 

15 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I don't think we should be armchair diagnosing something as serious and devastating as bipolar disorder or schizophrenia. I do think something's wrong with Derick, but I'm not going to put a label on it; let the professionals do that, if he ever sees one, which I think he should. Even if nothing's officially mentally wrong with him, I think it would do him good to work through all the stuff he's experienced in the past couple of years; he's had a lot of upheaval in his life.

That being said, I think he's kind of an asshole and I think that's more the issue at hand than any actual mental problems.

Oh my point was not that he has that - def don't think he does!  Just that it's technically not too late for severe mental illness to develop. My actual "diagnosis" was being a bit different to begin with and then sucked into duggerville and its associated crazy and presto! You've got Derrick's tweets!

I think Derrick may just be in a place right now where he is unhappy that his life is not going the way he thought it would. He is married to a stage 5 clinger who seems to only want to live in he model her parents set, has a second kid on the way, is a failed missionary and preacher, is financially depended on Jim-Bob/TLC and doesn't get the adulation he likely expected to get by marrying a 19 Kids "star". Oh and he appears to be quite lazy as he seems to be happy living in Jim Bob's house and not working.  I wonder if he looks at his brother and friends he went to college with and thinks their lives seem more interesting. Lately, he seems to only be posting doom and gloom. Where are the happy or mundane tweets? Or, maybe he just thinks everything he puts out is profound. 

8 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

New tweet! 

A little dig at the new brother in law?  You know that beer Jeremy had New Year eve damned him to hell. 

And Jeremy's pants are ok, pro-alcohol sermon. We've seen a hint of Jinger's shoulders. Sounds like the Vuolos are happy and adjusting well to their new life and somebody is jealous. 

7 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I just picture Derick spending hours a day thumbing through the bible in a very manic way, trying to pick his tweet for the day.

He maybe thinks that some ungodly female he and Jill have met recently fancies him?

A normal female just saying a normal hello without lowering her eyes in his Derrickly presence?

:smiley-signs131:

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived