IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and the latest Dillard- Part 23

samurai_sarah

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my fucking god. What the hell is wrong with TLC? Was that shot of Derick throwing up really necessary?

Ben as a rapper is cringy but hilarious

Well that's two reasons I had to mute the preview. I can't stand hearing or seeing any kind of gagging or vomiting noise, it makes me so queasy and uncomfortable. So thanks for that, TLC. Apart from my own visceral, negative reaction, it's just distasteful. No one wants to see that.

And I can't stand seeing people embarrass themselves in public, either, so I couldn't watch Ben and cringe. This certainly doesn't bode well for the new season. :pb_confused:

Thanks for sharing the new preview. Glad they'll mention a bit about what Derick is experiencing, but the up close part is gross - can't imagine many viewers wanting to see that. 

I know they can't squeeze everyone in but Jana (a pretty big player, imo), Joe and JD have virtually no presence in this preview - at least Josiah has a TH. Good for them, just hope it doesn't mean they're saving the others up for some mid-season surprise. 

6 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

You can read the Free Jinger thread about her video here:

Thank you! Sorry I posted it again in this thread.

Obviously TLC is reading here and decided to address the issue of Derrick's weight loss. Did not have to be quite so graphic. Nice to see Izzy with a helmet for bike riding.

Looks like this next season will be a little more bearable to watch. Hopefully less recaps and old clips at least. I love how cringy Bin is. I can't wait to watch him rap. (Side note, he looks noticeably older to me. LIke he lost some baby fat.) 

Derrick is interesting to me because for a long time he was my favorite Duggar husband. But his manic behaviour, gaunt face, and seemingly a heightened religious fervor (I mean, this is not the same disposition as the guy we met in Nepal) reminds me of a cult leader. I think Derrick is priming himself to take over as head of the Duggar clan once Jim Boob passes or loses authority. 

Just now, buggers said:

Looks like this next season will be a little more bearable to watch. Hopefully less recaps and old clips at least. I love how cringy Bin is. I can't wait to watch him rap. (Side note, he looks noticeably older to me. LIke he lost some baby fat.) 

Oh yeah, it will be great.  We get to watch Jinger try on dresses we've already seen, more "babe" bullshit, Joy can obsessively text like a brain dead zombie, bin can play nice with his fake musak dream, and Derick can puke.  Oh yeah, and Jill will pretend midwife for herself and Jessa... 

SSDS

Just now, Buzzard said:

Oh yeah, it will be great.  We get to watch Jinger try on dresses we've already seen, more "babe" bullshit, Joy can obsessively text like a brain dead zombie, bin can play nice with his fake musak dream, and Derick can puke.  Oh yeah, and Jill will pretend midwife for herself and Jessa... 

SSDS

Haha. I'm not saying this is quality television. But, in my opinion, anything would be better than last season. There wasn't much to make fun of or talk about when it was seventy percent stuff we'd already seen before. 

For a family that thinks they are so above all the heathens, they are sure quick to sell their dignity for the almighty TLC dollar. How soon before there is a People Magazine cover with Jill and Derrick discussing their journey through Derrick's "illness"? Until I hear otherwise, i refuse to believe it was something serious. I don't trust TLC with their history of amping up the drama with no payoff. 

2 minutes ago, socalrules said:

For a family that thinks they are so above all the heathens, they are sure quick to sell their dignity for the almighty TLC dollar. How soon before there is a People Magazine cover with Jill and Derrick discussing their journey through Derrick's "illness"? Until I hear otherwise, i refuse to believe it was something serious. I don't trust TLC with their history of amping up the drama with no payoff. 

I can see it now. A dramatic build up over multiple episodes... ITM's of concerned siblings...a call to Cathy Dillard to discuss what it's like to truly be on death's door... all to culminate in Derrick being diagnosed with acid reflux. 

1 hour ago, buggers said:

The kid is 21 and will have 2 children before his next birthday. He looks years older than me, it's sad i'm just barely younger.

1 minute ago, buggers said:

I can see it now. A dramatic build up over multiple episodes... ITM's of concerned siblings...a call to Cathy Dillard to discuss what it's like to truly be on death's door... all to culminate in Derrick being diagnosed with acid reflux. 

Ominous musak and jill sits next to him and fake cries... flashbacks to Cathy's illness... Josie/Michelle in the hospital... all the horrible times they have been through.

Here's some prevacid!

14 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think this is more along the lines.  I have enough knowledge about mental illness and sociological issues to think that this is more of a immersion behavior, think of it as mob mentality.  He is now surround by bat shit crazy fundies in a cult.  For all we know Boob may be grooming him to take over the compound for when Boob kicks it or becomes to old to do so. Derick is the perfect candidates among the oldest kids, He, educated, but not TO much, he's got the skills to be financially savvy,, he's married to Jilly Muffin, perfect daughter. He isn't Smugger and Smugger is now a lot cause and NOT leader material,, but Derick could have that ability.  Derick is mired in the Kool aid and really enjoying it at the moment. 

That said they feed off of each other, they are all trying to out holy each other, be the most pure, perfect, Godly, obnoxious, mean spiteful horrible people. J & D are trying to keep past J & B, Not sure yet about J & J, we'll see if they are around that much or he's whisked her off to his own world, what ever that is going to be. J & A are a total mystery until we get to see more than 30 seconds of him on screen.  

I mean, I'm a Degreed Mental Health Professional (TM), which is why I endorse Asshole Theory over Crazy Theory. It's unfortunate that being an asshole isn't a mental illness, though-- the world would be a way better place if there was a pill or therapy to treat it!

I think you may be right about JB grooming Derick as his replacement. 

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

SSDS

I see nothing spectacular or special with this new season either. It's really stupid how TLC is going to show the steps leading up to Jinger's wedding, 2 months after it happened. And the whole white boy rapping thing has gotten real old and pathetic. Get a REAL F-ING JOB. And not to mention listening to Jill talk. Derick puking literally leveled my appetite. Who the Hell wants to see that? Nothing new with the other Duggars like Josiah, Jana, little duggars, etc. The only thing that's going to be interesting to me is seeing Joy's courtship since we've never seen her in love. It's going to be predictable obviously but still interesting. 

I wonder if they'll show Jessa's birth. Am I the only one here who thinks that's not a healthy way to live?? I'm not talking about home births, I'm talking about showing the entire world your life's private moments. What's their purpose in showing these things? Yes, fame can be used for good but as we've seen many many times, it will catch up to you. If they say it's to share their christian faith, 75% of their show is about mundane boring BS. 24% is made up and fake. The rest I guess hints at Christianity. IMHO Jana seems Iike the only one that wouldn't want to be filmed if it was her choice. Jana please go against your family's trend and keep your life private!!

1 hour ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Oh my fucking god. What the hell is wrong with TLC? Was that shot of Derick throwing up really necessary?

Ben as a rapper is cringy but hilarious

so glad someone posted this - TLC is insane if they think we want to watch Derick throwing up on camera 

and Ben - I have no words

how come NO ONE knew about this before hand 

Ewww that clip of Derrick puking was so gross, really wish I could unsee that. I bet that clip and maybe other similiar ones, will be re-hashed repeatedly on the show before they finally get around to addressing his health issue a few episodes in.

I really hate seeing Jill play midwife doing Jessa's ultrasound.

24 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Ominous musak and jill sits next to him and fake cries... flashbacks to Cathy's illness... Josie/Michelle in the hospital... all the horrible times they have been through.

Here's some prevacid!

and someone said there would be no flashbacks

pish posh 

we get them 

6 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I see nothing spectacular or special with this new season either. It's really stupid how TLC is going to show the steps leading up to Jinger's wedding, 2 months after it happened. And the whole white boy rapping thing has gotten real old and pathetic. Get a REAL F-ING JOB. And not to mention listening to Jill talk. Derick puking literally leveled my appetite. Who the Hell wants to see that? Nothing new with the other Duggars like Josiah, Jana, little duggars, etc. The only thing that's going to be interesting to me is seeing Joy's courtship since we've never seen her in love. It's going to be predictable obviously but still interesting. 

I wonder if they'll show Jessa's birth. Am I the only one here who thinks that's not a healthy way to live?? I'm not talking about home births, I'm talking about showing the entire world your life's private moments. What's their purpose in showing these things? Yes, fame can be used for good but as we've seen many many times, it will catch up to you. If they say it's to share their christian faith, 75% of their show is about mundane boring BS. 24% is made up and fake. The rest I guess hints at Christianity. IMHO Jana seems Iike the only one that wouldn't want to be filmed if it was her choice. Jana please go against your family's trend and keep your life private!!

of course they will show Jessa's birth- she NEEDS to be paid to give birth 

do you honestly think she would have  so many children if she wasn't being paid to 

and the only private parts you see with jessa is all the blood - remember she was practically sitting up giving birth the last time 

20 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

Ewww that clip of Derrick puking was so gross, really wish I could unsee that. I bet that clip and maybe other similiar ones, will be re-hashed repeatedly on the show before they finally get around to addressing his health issue a few episodes in.

Like they did with Josie's seizure. Lots of teasers showing the ambulance driving  away, but made us wait for the actual event.

Silly, TLC, don't you know you can't get us to watch that way? We have buzzard to watch for us. @buzzard. Thank you oh mighty one.

Look at Si, being the good chaperone, can't touch Joy until you put a ring on her, even in a room full of siblings, and camera crew and etc... 

duggars.jpg

26 minutes ago, nst said:

of course they will show Jessa's birth- she NEEDS to be paid to give birth 

do you honestly think she would have  so many children if she wasn't being paid to 

and the only private parts you see with jessa is all the blood - remember she was practically sitting up giving birth the last time 

While that might be true, if someone asked me to go on live TV and show the world me giving birth, I would think that would be the most uncomfortable experiences of my life. Since I personally hate the idea of being filmed, I would be repulsed at something like that. Like I said, I hope Jana departs from all this filming crap once she starts courting/gets married and that she's happy. 

38 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

I'm guessing Derick got a nasty bug down in CA, did he drink the water?  My friends daughter got something in Mexico as a young teen, she almost died from it, she couldn't keep anything down, she was constantly dehydrated, her electrolytes were always off, she also had an underlying heart condition that made it worse, but she lost A LOT of weight and it took the better part of 2 years for her to get over it. Now this was almost 10 years and they were in a different country but some of the parasites that we aren't used to here in the US can be brutal to someone with an already weakened immune system, like Derick had from his oral surgery. Could this have been another reason for so many extended trips back home? 

So I have a question....there is build up for Jinger's wedding. Will they replay the old wedding episode? Or will they edit a new one to be slightly different?

I would never let the whole world see me gagging on TLC. But well, they're the Duggars, the modest family that lets TLC film every labor in the fam.... so I guess it might make sense.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived