IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and the latest Dillard- Part 23

samurai_sarah

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I may be going to hell for this... but I want Jill to have a girl on July 4th and  name her :drumroll: America. 

maybe she'll be born in walmart and they can just call her americus.

7 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

What's Derick tweeting about now? 

She's a man eater? Famy?

And if the baby is born in Walmart, he/she should be called China. :laughing-rofl:

Proverbs 7 is called "The Warning Against the Adulterous Woman"...warning men to see women as sisters/relatives to avoid being defrauded by shoulders and knees. Or warning married men to not let their 'hearts stray'.

From the NIV (not up to fundie standards) 

6 At the window of my house
    I looked down through the lattice.
7 I saw among the simple,
    I noticed among the young men,
    a youth who had no sense.
8 He was going down the street near her corner,
    walking along in the direction of her house
9 at twilight, as the day was fading,
    as the dark of night set in.

I wonder if Derick is having any 'struggles'....Or maybe he's talking about Josh:evil-laugh:

16 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

She's a man eater? Famy?

And if the baby is born in Walmart, he/she should be called China. :laughing-rofl:

nah, Rollback ^_^

10 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Maybe someone can spend their 'birthday wish from God' asking if Jill can please, please have a boy. 

I hope the baby is not born the 8th. Don't want to share birthday with a Duggar. 

I don't think hope will help at this point, but I believe it would be best if Jill has all boys.  I keep remembering her saying that she intended to use the same "protections" that her parents did because of Josh.  Imagine little brothers being treated as potential molesters and sisters as potential temptresses.  Josh went on to join Ashley Madison and traumatize his wife.  None of the other Duggar boys are in a successful relationship that we know of.  I used to think that Derick might inject some sanity into the overall situation...but I don't anymore.

@Dandruff Big brothers can molest little brothers as well as sisters.  Its disgusting to think about, but I think that in their culture a girl molested is a victim (she may have been viewed as a contributor as they're that twisted, but she's still a victim).  A boy who gets molested, would be likely to be viewed as weak, if he was tough it wouldn't have happened to him.  What if a boy got aroused when it happened, (a normal physiological response even in rape) no one in that community would ever accept or defend that innocent little boy.

There are many reasons why I think it better for these families to have boys (especially for the older kids who will do more chores and childcare -  we all know that the 19 kids was only doable because 4 of the first 6 were girls who could be trained in cooking, cleaning and childcare from a stupid age).  But don't think risk of molestation is higher with girls or that girls are worse off in that area. 

2 minutes ago, imokit said:

But don't think risk of molestation is higher with girls or that girls are worse off in that area. 

I make no such assumptions, but believe that Jill does.

12 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I don't think hope will help at this point, but I believe it would be best if Jill has all boys.  

I'd like to see all of the Duggar next gen families have many more boys than girls, with only the final one born in each family being a girl, if that. They need to parent all of their offspring themselves, instead of having the option to hand babies off to sister moms. Maybe it would slow down the blessings a bit. On second thought, probably not.

3 hours ago, luxfilia said:

My SIL, who just gave birth, found out she was having a girl at just 12 weeks pregnant because she opted to do an early blood test. This test is not as invasive as they used to be; it just uses the mother's blood. It detects chromosomal abnormalities (like Down Syndrome, etc.) and also identifies the sex of the baby (since boys have a Y chromosome, which shows up in the test). Now I know Jill would typically never do extensive testing or extra stuff with their hands-off, poorly-trained approach to pregnancy, but MAYBE she did have some extra testing this time due to the risk of Zika? Don't know. It does seem really weird to me that he used those emojis (why include an extra girl?), but maybe he's trolling.

It is my understanding that the noninvasive test doesn't actually detect down syndrome. It just tells you if there is a higher risk that your child could have down syndrome. I believe only invasive tests can truly detect it. (Just wanted to put this out there in case any pregnant ladies are reading here.)

Maybe Derick  thinks his manic tweeting ala Trump, is some function of stateside missionary work?

4 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

It is my understanding that the noninvasive test doesn't actually detect down syndrome. It just tells you if there is a higher risk that your child could have down syndrome. I believe only invasive tests can truly detect it. (Just wanted to put this out there in case any pregnant ladies are reading here.)

Thank you! I didn't know that; I was just going off of what my SIL said. Good to know.

I cant make heads nor tails of Dericks latest tweet but i wish i knew the context. The maneater thing has me curiuos. It sounds like more insanity though. 

He also deleted the earlier tweet. His first one had a different hashtag of #becareful and he changed it to #watchout 

He will do that often, tweet, delete, and then basically tweet the same thing. I know this because I have his tweets on notification. 

18 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

@Stormy, I bow to your much-greater knowledge of the topic and certainly want folks to be as healthy as possible. The way it looks as though his entire palate has been stretched and widened just seems extreme. 

And maybe it is swelling. But I've known folks whose jaws look a lot like his original, & TTBOMK they've proceeded fine through life, as was.  But I'm not close to any and can't say for sure. 

Long ago, I read speculation that J'Boob and J'Me had encouraged him to get surgery to improve his countenance. Not putting anything like that past those two for a hot minute, I just figured that was part of it, if not all of it. 

Thanks! I went off of assumption that Me & Boob's input was pure speculation. That said, a very specific term like "countenance" makes it more believable. Maybe they funded it, though?

5 hours ago, anotherone said:

But...it's not just the jaw, it's like the top part of his mouth shifted to the left too.  Like the line between the top center teeth isn't in line with his nose.  One of the top teeth is smack dab in the middle of his face.  How did the whole top palate slip sideways?  ( I am definitely not a degreed dental professional...)

I'm pretty sure the palate/top part of the mouth is the jaw, but it is unusual that it's so off-center (which is super obvious in the photo they just posted). Granted it was still somewhat crooked pre-surgery, I'm guessing expanding the palate (which can be done in addition to bringing it forward or backward) made it more obvious how off-kilter it was. Granted I'm not a professional either, I can only guess it's got something to do with the overall shape of Derick's skull and facial bones, but that's something that should have been assessed in consultation. If the whole MeBoob pressuring is true, then something probably didn't go according to plan if they didn't just go to a shitty doctor. Unless he's slated for more surgeries in the future, which...uggghghh, that sounds horrible.

16 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

In my experience you are correct. My last pregnancy due to my age the doctors wanted to test for DS, I opted only for non invasive testing. They told me they couldn't tell me whether or not if he had it, only if he was at risk. 

1 hour ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

I bet he was out in public and some woman with a low cut shirt asked for directions or something simple and polite, and this idiot thought she was hitting on him. 

15 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Hall and Oates for me...I'm older! 

Me too! I can't get this song out of my head now.

I would also love to know the context of his weird tweet. Maybe someone will ask.

Of course it's #maneater instead of #keepyourdickinyourpants. It's always the ebil woman's fault, never the man's too. 

2 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Bullshit, plain and simple. Why doesn't he STFU? 

Sounds like he's reproaching an unwise male. 

Proverbs 7:6-9New International Version (NIV)

6 At the window of my house
    I looked down through the lattice.
7 I saw among the simple,
    I noticed among the young men,
    a youth who had no sense.
8 He was going down the street near her corner,
    walking along in the direction of her house
9 at twilight, as the day was fading,
    as the dark of night set in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Bolding by Rev. MJB). I'll go ahead and guess that Jerksh is up to his old tricks. But it's a total guess, and I'm hundreds of miles away and intend to keep it that way. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived