IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and the latest Dillard- Part 23

samurai_sarah

3 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Her tweet says - "It's my birthday. I told God all I want is for abortion to end so all babies will have the same chance at life that I did!"

That's literally something my mother in law would say. She's an "ebil Catholic" version of Cathy. :(

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

Who says God's going to get you a birthday present anyway, Cathy?  He's not Santa Claus.  

Maybe Derick didn't break the news to her yet that Santa isn't real. 

18 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

The only thing I say to anyone about their looks is that they look great. Or I like their hair. Or their outfit is cute. Or whatever. Nothing about weight or anything like that. When someone is pregnant...I don't tell them they look big or tiny. I just say they look cute or great or something along those lines. Same goes for new moms. Or any other human being.

I am not normal while pregnant, that is the only correct way of describing it. Any positive remark about my body would have meant my husband had to hear me rant and cry about how someone had dared to say I looked pretty. Could they not see just how disgusting I looked? My first pregnancy I wore nothing but tent-like dresses and shirts so that I would not accidentally walk past a window and see my own reflection because it made me so depressed seeing what I looked like. The second time I could handle it better but still disliked more or less all aspects of pregnancy than the child coming from it. I have a depression-like reaction to pregnancy hormones if people can't figure than out. The worst thing is that not only do you feel like crap while pregnant you are also about 10 times more likely to get PPD. I have not, gladly, either time.

Is Jill far enough along that she would know the sex of her baby? I'm only asking because Dilldicks last insta post has emojis of two guys and two gals. I truly hope they're not having a girl. 20170106_162449.png

9 minutes ago, Pasta said:

Is Jill far enough along that she would know the sex of her baby? I'm only asking because Dilldicks last insta post has emojis of two guys and two gals. I truly hope they're not having a girl. 20170106_162449.png

If it's in July She would be too early to tell. 

1 hour ago, Pasta said:

What did they do to that man's face??!! He didn't look bad before. Oh my. Usually it's the woman who's made to undergo plastic surgery for no good reason. I know he's not a fan fave but I feel sorry for him. 

24 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

What did they do to that man's face??!! He didn't look bad before. Oh my. Usually it's the woman who's made to undergo plastic surgery for no good reason. I know he's not a fan fave but I feel sorry for him. 

I look at old pictures of Derick and think 'what the hell happened?!'

Jill-Duggar-Derick-Dillard-share-new-photos-of-son-Israel.jpg

27 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

I think it may have been medically necessary with his orthodontic treatment. I had a friend in high school who had to have the same surgery (bringing the top jaw forward because it was too far back) and it was a huge deal. She had to have it over a break because she was out of commission due to her jaw being wired shut for a few weeks. It also took over a year for the swelling to go down completely (someone told her she looked like a monkey :my_sad:) and the way her face looks today is not that much different than how it was. I highly doubt that Derrick would have done this for cosmetic reasons, especially in tandem with the stresses of jetting off to Central America and starting a family (and considering he looked fine before). His jaw was probably super out-of-whack, which can cause some problems down the line (trust me, I have TMJ/arthritis in my jaw due to my misaligned back teeth being overlooked by my old dentist). How long ago did he have the surgery?

@Stormy, I bow to your much-greater knowledge of the topic and certainly want folks to be as healthy as possible. The way it looks as though his entire palate has been stretched and widened just seems extreme. 

And maybe it is swelling. But I've known folks whose jaws look a lot like his original, & TTBOMK they've proceeded fine through life, as was.  But I'm not close to any and can't say for sure. 

Long ago, I read speculation that J'Boob and J'Me had encouraged him to get surgery to improve his countenance. Not putting anything like that past those two for a hot minute, I just figured that was part of it, if not all of it. 

3 minutes ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

Please don't tell me she's due anywhere near the 11th July? 

I don't think a specific date has been confirmed. I'm kinda hoping it's earlier July, my daughter's birthday is at the end of the month and my husband already shares a birthday with Jim Boob on the 18th.

On 1/5/2017 at 8:05 AM, VelociRapture said:

I really think people should just mind their own business. What benefit is there in commenting on someone else's weight or body?

I am one of those people who basically had to eat whenever I was awake when my babies were nursing to keep from disappearing altogether. I got pregnant old enough to have no more need to keep my socially-deemed attractive body. I was a nice size 6 (skinny enough to disguise my shortish stature) and would have been just fine to parent as a stubbier 10 or 12. At my age, the odds were diminishing and wanted a baby, not a nice body. As it turned out, I shrunk post-childbearing: I was a size 4 for a few years until I eased back to my old size 6 self. That is lovely, and I appreciate kind complements, and also identify with jealousy when it is expressed. But the thing I hated was when people complimented me on my CHARACTER because I was slender. "You are so good!" etc. Believe me, the only way for me to gain an ounce would have been to hire a wet-nurse, I didn't do anything "good" to be so skinny.

When someone is lucky enough to have cascades of loose auburn waves for hair, or beautiful brown eyes with silvery sparkles, they might get comments  that it is beautiful. Others might feel jealous.  But they are not usually presumed to be good people because of their nice features. That is one of the absurdities of how we treat women's bodies. 

5 hours ago, Pasta said:

I want someone to comment "that's nice, dear" 

And "Bless your heart."

14 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Didn't her father tell a sex abuse victim to eat a protein bar to deal with her trauma? 

Wow, hadn't heard that. They raised Chad so i felt like they must have done something right but then there are always skeletons in the closet. 

Someone did say "you are so precious" to Cathy. Not sure if they are being serious or not.

10 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Her tweet says - "It's my birthday. I told God all I want is for abortion to end so all babies will have the same chance at life that I did!"

Well, I guess the debate around abortion rights/access is just that simple, then! :pb_rollseyes:

11 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

If only all she wanted was for every baby that is already born to have the same chance at life she did.

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

I don't think a specific date has been confirmed. I'm kinda hoping it's earlier July, my daughter's birthday is at the end of the month and my husband already shares a birthday with Jim Boob on the 18th.

My birthday is the 11th so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's earlier than that 

2 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

@Stormy, I bow to your much-greater knowledge of the topic and certainly want folks to be as healthy as possible. The way it looks as though his entire palate has been stretched and widened just seems extreme. 

And maybe it is swelling. But I've known folks whose jaws look a lot like his original, & TTBOMK they've proceeded fine through life, as was.  But I'm not close to any and can't say for sure. 

Long ago, I read speculation that J'Boob and J'Me had encouraged him to get surgery to improve his countenance. Not putting anything like that past those two for a hot minute, I just figured that was part of it, if not all of it. 

That's what I've always suspected. That they convinced him to "fix" his countenance and possibly rushed it while he still had benefits from Walmart.

For people who trust in God when delivery babies at home it's ironic to me that they don't trust in God with their countenance. Like childbirth doesn't need medical attention but you clearly need tons of advanced cosmetic densitry because...Jesus!

Hey Cathy how about wishing God also ends all instances of rape and incest? And poverty while we're at it. 

Good thing Cathy wasn't pregnant when she needed that life-saving cancer treatment.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived