IGNORED

Trump 7 - Cheeto in Charge

samurai_sarah

36 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Glad to see Rick Perry heading a department he can't remember. :pb_rollseyes: It is also nice to see Rick really did not hold strong to his belief that Trump is a cancer to the GOP. :pb_rollseyes: These weak ass jerks ass kissing for a job makes my stomach turn.

Wonder what position Kanye is bidding for? LOL! Department of Crappy Music and Tantrums on Stage? 

Health and Human Services?  Kayne doesn't have a medical background, but he was recently hospitalized, so....

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This administration is set to be a total, complete clown car.  Trump has no idea, and likely does not care, that by removing all legal safeguards and privatizing whatever government functions remain, he has created a perfect set up for a kleptocracy.   After all, that's his business model -- build cheap, declare bankruptcy and screw contractors.  Leave carnage in your wake and move on to the next big money maker.  It's a form of looting. 

2 hours ago, Mecca said:

Wonder what position Kanye is bidding for? LOL! Department of Crappy Music and Tantrums on Stage? 

I came here just to see what was being said about Kanye. I don't really know what to make of their meeting. Maybe he will be playing at the inauguration since nobody else wants to. Kanye and Kid Rock.

I hope Trump has backups for all the Cabinet positions.  It's quite possible that many (if not all) of his choices won't get past confirmation.

33 minutes ago, Summer60 said:

I came here just to see what was being said about Kanye. I don't really know what to make of their meeting. Maybe he will be playing at the inauguration since nobody else wants to. Kanye and Kid Rock.

God I hope that's what it is.

4 minutes ago, Bethella said:

God I hope that's what it is.

Agreed. I think that is the most likely scenario. It is sometimes easy to forget Kanye is a musician.

47 minutes ago, Summer60 said:

Maybe Kayne, Kid Rock, Hank Williams Jr, and Ted Pants Shit Fever Nugent can all play at that shitstorm.

And I see the Branch Trumpvidians are still living down to their name;

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2016/12/13/Customers-deny-IHOP-waitress-a-tip-write-Build-that-wall-Trump-Daddy/5951481648847/?spt=sec&or=on

A waitress at a Virginia IHOP said she was stiffed on her tip by a group of teens who wrote "Build that wall, Trump Daddy" on the receipt.

Rachel Mau, who has been waiting tables at the Virginia Beach IHOP for five years, said the teenagers dined at the eatery Friday night without incident, but when they returned Saturday morning, she discovered there was no tip on the split bill.

One of the receipts had the word "Nah" where the tip amount is supposed to go, and the other read: "Build that wall, Trump Daddy."

Mau, who is of Filipino descent, said the teenagers apparently thought she was Mexican and were referencing President-elect Donald Trump's proposed wall at the Mexican border.

2 hours ago, JMarie said:

Health and Human Services?  Kayne doesn't have a medical background, but he was recently hospitalized, so....

This made me laugh out loud. Really loud. 

Knowing Trump he will make a cabinet position for reality TV and appoint Kim Kardashian. At least Kanye wore his best sweats to the meeting. 

54 minutes ago, Summer60 said:

You might be correct, but maybe Kanye is getting some tips on how to fool voters since he claims he is running for president in 2020. Haha!

With these two it could be all about publicity. They claim they hate the press, but they both cheese up for cameras all the time. Kanye needs all the help he can get right now because of his actions and Trump needs all the help he can get right now because of his actions. Two idiots just having a meeting to play with the press and get attention it what it looks like to me. 

1 hour ago, JMarie said:

I hope Trump has backups for all the Cabinet positions.  It's quite possible that many (if not all) of his choices won't get past confirmation.

Some are questionable, others not. I would be shocked if Mattis didn't sail in without any issue.

29 minutes ago, Mecca said:

This made me laugh out loud. Really loud. 

Knowing Trump he will make a cabinet position for reality TV and appoint Kim Kardashian. At least Kanye wore his best sweats to the meeting. 

You might be correct, but maybe Kanye is getting some tips on how to fool voters since he claims he is running for president in 2020. Haha!

With these two it could be all about publicity. They claim they hate the press, but they both cheese up for cameras all the time. Kanye needs all the help he can get right now because of his actions and Trump needs all the help he can get right now because of his actions. Two idiots just having a meeting to play with the press and get attention it what it looks like to me. 

Or he could be asking for divorce advice. Kanye seems like he would look towards someone like Trump for life advice.

6 minutes ago, Summer60 said:

Some are questionable, others not. I would be shocked if Mattis didn't sail in without any issue.

Or he could be asking for divorce advice. Kanye seems like he would look towards someone like Trump for life advice.

They both have so much in common, you never know.

I am going to the inauguration protest. It is going to be crowed and cold and I am already going to be one pissed off person with Trump being sworn in. The last thing I want to hear is Kanye and especially Kid Rock. Kid Rock's music makes me rather stabby. LOL! 

6 minutes ago, Mecca said:

They both have so much in common, you never know.

I am going to the inauguration protest. It is going to be crowed and cold and I am already going to be one pissed off person with Trump being sworn in. The last thing I want to hear is Kanye and especially Kid Rock. Kid Rock's music makes me rather stabby. LOL! 

Maybe they will stick to the Inaugural Ball. I hope so for your sake.

I am far from a fan from either, but I am always down for some catchy music. I think I could handle it, but I wouldn't be joyous. I want to be a hater very badly, but deep down, I hope his Presidency goes smoothly. I want that for America, so I guess I hope America can have some good tunes to offset feeling unhappy.  Even if for a moment. For that reason, I wish more were willing to perform.

I enjoyed this op-ed: "New York should seize Trump Tower" A couple of excerpts:

Eminent domain — the constitutionally enshrined government power to take private property in exchange for just compensation — was traditionally reserved for road-and-school-style public projects. But thanks to a 2005 Supreme Court ruling, perpetuating a line of earlier decisions, governments may now use this power to condemn property if they can devise virtually any use that better promotes “economic development” — kicking out poor people and building luxury condos, for example.

On both left and right, almost everyone hated that ruling.

But not Donald Trump.

Trump loves eminent domain, especially this ruling. He thinks it’s wonderful. And there’s no question why: Throughout his career, Trump has lobbied governments to seize properties from those who refuse to sell when he wants to build amusement parks, golf courses, office buildings and parking lots on their land. He believes expansive use of eminent domain is necessary to promote economic growth and “beautification,” and that it’s even a good deal for property owners who don’t want to sell.

“When eminent domain is used on somebody’s property, that person gets a fortune,” he has declared.

Finally, if the city were especially cheap (and cheeky), it could declare Trump’s active residence in Trump Tower a “public nuisance.”

Lots of liberal elites believe our president-elect is a nuisance. In this case, though, the term has a specific legal meaning: any activity or physical condition that “obstructs, damages or inconveniences the rights of a community.” Crackhouses, brothels, foul smells and blocking of rights of way are common examples. So too might be scuppering one of the world’s top shopping destinations and placing a big ol’ terrorism target on its back.

Some case law even suggests that if the city allows Trump to continue to damage his neighbors, it will have effectively taken the neighbors’ property without just compensation. Which might suggest government has an obligation to act.

The best part about this “public nuisance” strategy (besides its name)? The city could condemn Trump Tower without having to pay Trump “just compensation.” It wouldn’t owe him a dime, in fact.

Hey, Trump did say the government needs to start driving harder bargains.

Since Agent Orange IS a public nuisance, it would be wonderful to declare his monument to himself the same!

Also, this is a good article: "5 things Donald Trump promised he'd do, but hasn't" The five things are:

1. A news conference
  2. Tax returns
  3. Melania's immigration details
  4. Lawsuits against his accusers and others
  5. A plan to defeat the Islamic State

Plenty of supporting documentation, not that the Drumpsters care about facts or anything...

Now if we could just get all the major cities in the USA to do the same! Love my left coast!

SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — The San Francisco Board of Supervisors passed a resolution earlier this week that’s being hailed as a ‘middle finger’ to President-elect Donald Trump.

http://kron4.com/2016/12/01/read-whats-being-called-san-franciscos-middle-finger-to-trump/

On 12/12/2016 at 3:12 PM, Jucifer said:

There are so many things that bother me about the thought of a *cough* Donald Trump presidency *hack* but this is first on my list:

The white supremacists seem to love him.  (too many links to post, just google it.)

It makes me think of post WW1 Germany. Really, it does.

My dad fought in WW2 in part against this shit.  Was it for nothing?  

Think about how many lost their lives in that war and what was at stake. If you are lucky enough to have surviving loved ones from that time, ask them about it.

I never thought I'd see history repeat itself so soon, in my lifetime...  but doggone it, it seems to be happening.

Maybe I'm just being dramatic.  I hope so.  

Anyone care to talk me off the ledge? ;)

Unfortunately, I'm on the ledge with you. I've just lost all hope. I can't believe America voted this man as President. White supremacy is prevailing, billionaires as heads of agencies working to privatize government functions, hate crimes being applauded, classism prevailing and the list goes on. I'm just not feeling the least bit optimistic right now.

Drumpf could consider Kanye for Secretary of Commerce Kommerce.  

2 hours ago, Summer60 said:

Maybe they will stick to the Inaugural Ball. I hope so for your sake.

I am far from a fan from either, but I am always down for some catchy music. I think I could handle it, but I wouldn't be joyous. I want to be a hater very badly, but deep down, I hope his Presidency goes smoothly. I want that for America, so I guess I hope America can have some good tunes to offset feeling unhappy.  Even if for a moment. For that reason, I wish more were willing to perform.

I wish I could be upbeat and hopeful, but I am not and I will not be for awhile. Three branches of government controlled by a party hell bent on destroying the county does not make me feel very awesome. They care about their own interest and not the interest of the people. The people that voted for him will feel some pain, but I don't think I can, at this point, have any sympathy for them if they do. Maybe that will change, but I am still mad. 

Judging by what Trump has been doing since the election and his cabinet appointments, the next four years are going to be really rough, especially for people seeking healthcare. We are seeing an uprise in hate crimes and there are a lot of people scared and for good reason. If I was an entertainer, no way would I want to associate myself with a president and his platform of hate. More people need to stand up and say, "Not on my watch." That is why my butt is going to D.C. for the week to have my voice heard. That is why I ring the phones of my Reps and Senators, both state and federal, to let them know I am watching them. I will continue to be a pain in someone's ass as long as that ass is in office. With that being said, I will offset my anger with trying to do good in my community. 

On 12/12/2016 at 1:12 PM, Jucifer said:

There are so many things that bother me about the thought of a *cough* Donald Trump presidency *hack* but this is first on my list:

The white supremacists seem to love him.  (too many links to post, just google it.)

It makes me think of post WW1 Germany. Really, it does.

My dad fought in WW2 in part against this shit.  Was it for nothing?  

Think about how many lost their lives in that war and what was at stake. If you are lucky enough to have surviving loved ones from that time, ask them about it.

I never thought I'd see history repeat itself so soon, in my lifetime...  but doggone it, it seems to be happening.

Maybe I'm just being dramatic.  I hope so.  

Anyone care to talk me off the ledge? ;)

I tried warning people not to vote for him, but they were all paranoid about the Supreme Court being filled with liberals. I warned them that Trump was going to nominate his sister who is very pro-abortion. I warned them about Russia's influence. But no, they saw him as a Savior. Ugh!!!

Argh. Michael Flynn is such a tool. All the screaming and hair-pulling over Hillary's emails, and he actually shared classified information about CIA activities with foreign military officials. I hope he is not confirmed. Not only is he crazy, I think he's dangerous.

Excerpts:

A secret U.S. military investigation in 2010 determined that Michael T. Flynn, the retired Army general tapped to serve as national security adviser in the Trump White House, “inappropriately shared” classified information with foreign military officers in Afghanistan, newly released documents show.

Although Flynn lacked authorization to share the classified material, he was not disciplined or reprimanded after the investigation concluded that he did not act “knowingly” and that “there was no actual or potential damage to national security as a result,” according to Army records obtained by The Washington Post under the Freedom of Information Act.

Flynn has previously acknowledged that he was investigated while serving as the U.S. military intelligence chief in Afghanistan for sharing secrets with British and Australian allies there. But he has dismissed the case as insignificant and has given few details.

The Army documents provide the first official account of the case, but they are limited in scope because the investigation itself remains classified. Former U.S. officials familiar with the matter said that Flynn was accused of telling allies about the activities of other agencies in Afghanistan, including the CIA.

During the presidential race, Flynn campaigned vigorously for Republican nominee Donald Trump and drew attention for his scalding attacks against Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton for mishandling classified material. Clinton was investigated by the FBI for allowing classified information to be transmitted on her private email server when she ran the State Department. No charges were filed against the former secretary of state, but the issue dogged her for more than a year.

At the Republican National Convention in July, Flynn called on Clinton to drop out of the race for putting “our nation’s security at extremely high risk with her careless use of a private email server.” He egged on the partisan crowd in chants of “lock her up,” adding: “If I, a guy who knows this business, if I did a tenth, a tenth of what she did, I would be in jail today.”

Flynn did not respond to requests for comment.

10 hours ago, SHERA said:

I tried warning people not to vote for him, but they were all paranoid about the Supreme Court being filled with liberals. I warned them that Trump was going to nominate his sister who is very pro-abortion. I warned them about Russia's influence. But no, they saw him as a Savior. Ugh!!!

That one former member at my church had been all up on his high horse about how Hillary was going to kill babies and how Orange Führer was the greatest thing since sliced bread.  (Along with how Hillary freed that rapist that one time).  The one who I didn't want to go to church if he was going to be there still.  He was also worked up about how all the trans people were going to come to church and try to use the "wrong" bathrooms and they were going to sue us.

18 hours ago, Mecca said:

I wish I could be upbeat and hopeful, but I am not and I will not be for awhile. Three branches of government controlled by a party hell bent on destroying the county does not make me feel very awesome. They care about their own interest and not the interest of the people. The people that voted for him will feel some pain, but I don't think I can, at this point, have any sympathy for them if they do. Maybe that will change, but I am still mad. 

:my_sad: I am sorry if I appear dismissive of you. I don't mean to be at all. I am a glass half full person to a fault! I don't hate the entire Republican party and believe there are some good politicians out there. I keep remembering the parts of rural America that voted for him because they felt hopeless. Trump gave them hope. Maybe that is false hope, but I actually do HOPE things turn out better for people who felt "hopeful."  (So much use of the word hope)

18 hours ago, Mecca said:

Judging by what Trump has been doing since the election and his cabinet appointments, the next four years are going to be really rough, especially for people seeking healthcare. We are seeing an uprise in hate crimes and there are a lot of people scared and for good reason. If I was an entertainer, no way would I want to associate myself with a president and his platform of hate. More people need to stand up and say, "Not on my watch." That is why my butt is going to D.C. for the week to have my voice heard. That is why I ring the phones of my Reps and Senators, both state and federal, to let them know I am watching them. I will continue to be a pain in someone's ass as long as that ass is in office. With that being said, I will offset my anger with trying to do good in my community. 

I hear you. Believe me, but I am want so badly for things to be okay. I really want America to be okay. And yes!!! Doing good for the community is really where I am feeling obligated to give my attention. I am so excited to see so many people standing up and getting involved in their communities. Maybe that is the good that will come out of all of this...more people becoming involved in their communities in a positive way.

11 hours ago, SHERA said:

I fear a Ted Cruz nomination. I didn't think about it when I was relived it was Trump over Cruz (sigh) but now the idea of a Cruz getting a lifetime appointment makes the idea of a Cruz presidency seem more palatable.

And now Agent Orange might be a drag on the sex toy industry;

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/trump-could-be-a-huge-turn-off-for-sex-toy-collectors

ut as headline grabbing as secret leaking vibrators might be, there are other, less sensationalistic things to be aware of when jerking it in Trump’s America. For instance: one of the cornerstones of Trump’s platforms has been attacking companies who manufacture products outside the US, with threats of tariffs seemingly intended to intimidate corporations into bringing manufacturing stateside. You know who manufactures products outside the US? Virtually all sex toy companies. (The exceptions being a handful of bigger manufacturers, like Doc Johnson and Pipedream Products.)

It would be hard to bring sex toy manufacturing back to the US because American factories aren’t particularly friendly to sex. Janet Lieberman, CTO of sex toy company Dame Products, told Motherboard she initially looked into the possibility of producing her company’s wares within the US. “None of the factories we talked to in the US had any experience in [the manufacturing processes] we wanted,” she said.

To complicate things further, a significant number of US companies “had a company policy against quoting adult products.” Why the ban on making sex toys? Lieberman thinks it might be because American silicone manufacturers tend to cater to the aerospace and health industries, who might be less than thrilled to learn their products were sharing a production line with a batch of dildos.

Short of going the Doc Johnson route and setting up a proprietary factory (which isn’t really feasible for smaller companies), it’d be hard to get around tariffs, which means there’s a decent chance of increased prices,or lower product quality, if companies are intent on maintaining a certain price point.

My dad has been e-mailing me multiple articles about troubling things Trump has been doing every day.  I finally had to tell him to stop, because it was triggering bad memories of my ex-boss.  My dad apologized and said he didn't realize it was affecting me so much.

The latest one was an e-mail about how tech moguls are meeting with Trump today, and my dad assumed that he was going to give them a "dressing down," like what he did at the meeting with members of the media in November.  I had a sudden, jarring memory of my boss using the same tactic.  With new staff or interns, he would find a time within the first day or two of that person starting work to talk sternly about something the person did "wrong."  With a new intern, it was when she showed up late because of car trouble.  With me, it was because I had the fucking gall to ask for the Jewish High Holidays off several months in advance.  It had the effect of knocking you off-balance.  You wanted to bend over backwards to please him again.

I know that my ex-boss and Trump are not the same person, but I keep seeing similarities pop up and it is upsetting me.  I am already in therapy because of how my ex-boss treated me and I don't know how I can stand four years of this.

I wanted to share a couple of interesting articles. First up: "Trump is threatening to wreck our democracy. Blame the Republicans who are looking the other way" The article begins with:

The events we’ve seen in the run-up to the inauguration of Donald Trump have only confirmed that he represents a threat to our democracy and governing norms in multiple unprecedented ways. But this isn’t just a story about Donald Trump. It’s also a story about congressional Republicans.

Trump is doing all he can to discredit the apparent CIA conclusion that Russia tried to interfere in our election, which might make a true accounting of this apparently unprecedented assault on our democracy harder. He continues to suggest he will do little to address all the potential conflicts of interests — and possibility of corruption — that are developing around his global business interests on a mind-boggling scale. He continues to claim — after the election — that millions voted illegally, to sow confusion and doubt about the real meaning of the outcome and the integrity of our political process.

It continues with the crap Congressional Republicans are doing (or not doing) to mitigate Agent Orange's many issues.

Michael Moore wrote a takedown of Drumpf where he compares him unfavorably with Bush the younger, especially when GWB ignored intelligence reports about Al-Qaeda.  An excerpt:

“We had a president like him before. He, too, lost the popular vote, a majority of Americans saying they didn’t want him in the Oval Office. But his governor/brother and his ex-CIA chief/dad’s appointees to the Supreme Court put an end to that, and he was installed as Commander-in-Chief,” Moore wrote.

“On August 6, 2001, he was on a month-long vacation at his ranch in Texas. That morning, the White House Counsel handed him his daily national security briefing. He glanced at it, set it aside and then went fishing for the rest of the day. Below is the photo of that moment which I showed the world in ‘Fahrenheit 9/11’. The headline on the security briefing reads: BIN LADEN DETERMINED TO STRIKE INSIDE U.S. On the top page it tells how bin Laden will do this: with planes. George W. Bush didn’t leave the ranch to go back to work for the next four weeks. In the fifth week, bin Laden attacked the U.S. with planes on September 11th.”

Former President Bush made the briefing Moore mentions public in 2004, during the 9/11 commission’s investigation of the attacks — something Trump himself brought up on Oct. 20, 2015, during the second Republican presidential debate.

Sigh.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived