IGNORED

Trump 7 - Cheeto in Charge

samurai_sarah

31 minutes ago, AuntK said:

When I read the crap Flynn Jr.has spread about Hillary and others, particularly the sex stuff,  it just makes me wonder:  What in the fucking HELL is this loser into? Because it ALWAYS seems like the ones who are pointing the fingers at others are up to their eyeballs in shit themselves. Example: Newt Gingrich and his pious defense of marriage and family values while impeaching Bill Clinton and screwing his brains out with his own mistress, (Calista, the future Mrs. Gingrich no. 3), unbeknown to Mrs. Gingrich no. 2!

I remember when Larry Tappy Toes McWidestance Craig got caught red-handed, as it were, in a airport shithouse.  As soon as the story broke he was telling everyone who would listen that he was not gay and never had been gay.   Riiiggghhhttttt. 

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Well, Ivanka and her hubby are planning to move to Washington, DC. Gee, since she'll be running his company in the "blind trust", I guess she's moving so she doesn't see daddy. Maybe that means he'll stay in Drumpf Tower permanently.

Will her kids also move, or will they stay behind with their nanny?

And just think, FJers, as we go through all this unbelievable SHIT, the Orange asshat IS NOT EVEN PRESIDENT YET!!!

7 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

It appears that Trump has hired his token Black man, Ben Carson. His new position is Secretary of Housing and Urban Development. 

I can't. 

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/05/politics/ben-carson-hud-secretary-nomination/index.html?sr=fbCNN120516ben-carson-hud-secretary-nomination1134AMVODtopLink&linkId=31964854

Yep.  Any time someone says "urban" or "inner cities" I can just hear him now, "Where is my African American?" He is beyond clueless. SMH.

9 minutes ago, AuntK said:

And just think, FJers, as we go through all this unbelievable SHIT, the Orange asshat IS NOT EVEN PRESIDENT YET!!!

Yep.  Any time someone says "urban" or "inner cities" I can just hear him now, "Where is my African American?" He is beyond clueless. SMH.

Yeah, when the Orange Fornicate Face spouts off I do this...

JeanLucFacePalm.jpg

I get the feeling I shall be doing this quite a bit over the next few years.  

Honestly I can't wait till Carson is going to be like "What president run? I never ran for president! Remember I don't have the experience to do it!". Also I saw Mike Hukabee's tweet In response to Nancy Pelosi saying how ridiculous it was.

So now we have the running joke in my house: like if my sister is looking at her phone I'll say "wow look at you look that phone you samsung galaxy expert!".

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Actually, I came over to this thread to discuss some of the Trump pronouncements, like promising to heavily tax companies that intend to relocate outside the US and sell their products in the US.  This is a tariff issue.  Trump isn't even president yet and he's making pronouncements about things that Congress can't or won't do.  He's putting Republicans on the hot seat and could make the Republicans end up looking like shit.  He says, We're going to do X, the Republicans are shi**ing bricks because whatever X is, isn't viable, or wise, or can't get past the lobby for that industry, but the Trump supporters are looking for him to fix everything, like he said he would.

Repubs are  going to end up doing nothing but put out brush fires because Trump free associates and has no (zip, zero, nada) idea about how governance works.  This is the reason I don't think the Republicans will allow Trump to remain in office and will institute impeachment proceedings within a year or two. 

Some Republicans are staking out saner positions already: 

I hope Ryan and McConnell and the rest of their cronies are so busy cleaning up the messes being made by Agent Orange that they can't get around to their own agendas.

1 hour ago, JMarie said:

Will her kids also move, or will they stay behind with their nanny?

Kids are supposed to be coming along. I'm sure they'll have the nannies come too.

I love the Picard picture, I've been doing lots of that myself. Every time I hear Drumpf or one of his surrogates, I keep thinking of this meme that I saw years ago:

Stop_Talking.jpg

33 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Honestly I can't wait till Carson is going to be like "What president run? I never ran for president! Remember I don't have the experience to do it!". Also I saw Mike Hukabee's tweet In response to Nancy Pelosi saying how ridiculous it was.

So now we have the running joke in my house: like if my sister is looking at her phone I'll say "wow look at you look that phone you samsung galaxy expert!".

So living in government housing is considered a qualification?  Apparently Carson's only qualification?

Oh blow it out your ass, Fuckabee. If it were up to you, you would take away any sort of assistance in housing. And yes, Carson is NOT qualified. Now go concentrate on making sure your son does not kill any more dogs. 

Huckabee tweeted: "Ben Carson is first HUD Sec to have actually lived in gov't housing. Fancy Nancy Pelosi says he's not qualified; is she racist or just dumb?"

This tweet perfectly demonstrates the deep-seated idiocy of Mike Huckabee.  Ben Carson had a celebrated career as a very successful neurosurgeon, so maybe put him in a health related cabinet post.  

Ben Carson has never held public office.  He thinks the pyramids were built to store grain, because Joseph stored large amounts of grain, according to the Bible, and Ben Carson believes in the Bible.  The Bible does not specifically say the pyramids were built to store grain. Early Egyptians had a form of writing. They did not discuss storing grain in the pyramids.  Some other people believe that the pyramids were built to store grains, although there is no archaeological evidence to support this. 

Mother Jones discussed Carson's religious beliefs in 2015: 

Ben Carson, one of the top-tier contenders in the GOP presidential primary, has long been known as an ardent creationist. He has debated prominent scientists who defend evolution, and it's no secret that his advocacy of creationism springs from his deep faith in the Seventh-day Adventist Church, a Christian religion established in the mid-1800s. Creationism is a core belief for many Seventh-day Adventists, and one of the religion's founders, Ellen White, was one of the first purveyors of the notion that the Earth is merely 6,000 years old.

The Washington Post compiled some of the best cartoons related to the Drumpf transition and Drumpf's tweets.

And this is an interesting article about the "post-truth" world we now live in. it features some of our old buddies Scottie Nell Hughes, Corey,  and Kellyanne. Sigh.

You may think you are prepared for a post-truth world, in which political appeals to emotion count for more than statements of verifiable fact.

But now it’s time to cross another bridge — into a world without facts. Or, more precisely, where facts do not matter a whit.

On live radio Wednesday morning, Scottie Nell Hughes sounded breezy as she drove a stake into the heart of knowable reality:

“There’s no such thing, unfortunately, anymore, of facts,” she declared on “The Diane Rehm Show.”

Hughes, a frequent surrogate for President-elect Donald Trump and a paid commentator for CNN during the campaign, kept defending that assertion, although not with much clarity of expression. Rehm had pressed her about Trump’s recent evidence-free assertion on Twitter that he, not Hillary Clinton, would have won the popular vote if millions of immigrants had not voted illegally.

(The apparent gen­esis of Trump’s claim was Infowars.com, a site that traffics in conspiracy theories and is run by Alex Jones, who says the 2012 massacre of 20 children and six staff members at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., was a government-sponsored hoax.)

What matters now, Hughes argued, is not whether his fraud claim is true. No, what matters is who believes it.

“Mr. Trump’s tweet, amongst a certain crowd, a large — a large part of the population, are truth. When he says that millions of people illegally voted, he has some — in his — amongst him and his supporters, and people believe they have facts to back that up. Those that do not like Mr. Trump, they say that those are lies, and there’s no facts to back it up.”

Ousted Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, speaking during an election post-mortem at Harvard University, blamed journalists for — yes — believing what his candidate said.

“You guys took everything that Donald Trump said so literally,” said Lewandowski, who was another ill-advised CNN hire. “The American people didn’t. They understood it. They understood that sometimes — when you have a conversation with people, whether it’s around the dinner table or at a bar — you’re going to say things, and sometimes you don’t have all the facts to back it up.”

Yes, but Trump is not a guy at a bar; he was the Republican nominee for president of the United States and will soon be the leader of the free world, such as it is.

So, how should Trump’s statements during the campaign have been covered? Should reporters have added something like this in the second paragraph of every news story? “Trump probably didn’t mean that he would appoint a special prosecutor/build a wall/deport millions of immigrants. His statements are not meant to be taken literally but rather as broad suggestions of a feeling he was experiencing on a particular day.”

There was more from the Harvard event. When CNN’s Jake Tapper asked Trump senior adviser Kellyanne Conway about the same election-fraud claim discussed above — specifically, whether disseminating misinformation was “presidential” — it was clear that she and Hughes got the same memo.

“He’s the president-elect, so that’s presidential behavior,” Conway said, using mind-bending pseudo-logic, reminiscent of the Nixonian “When the president does it, that means that it’s not illegal.”

I...just...can't...

Update on Carson: His spokesperson said that Carson's mom worked 3 jobs so they they wouldn't live in government housing, but don't worry guys Carson has friends that lived in government housing so he still has experience! #sarcasm

@GreyhoundFan I wanted to flip a table when he said the whole "wow you shouldn't have listened to him 100%", especially because not only did people of opposite political views believed it, but his supporters as well, as extremely noted on their tweets/many articles of regret.

Society now is just exhausting me, and that it's only going to get worst come the next 4 years.

1 hour ago, Mecca said:

Oh blow it out your ass, Fuckabee. If it were up to you, you would take away any sort of assistance in housing. And yes, Carson is NOT qualified. Now go concentrate on making sure your son does not kill any more dogs. 

Fuckabee is one of those holier than thou types that has his nose so up in the air he cannot see the disgust and contempt in the eyes of others.  After making sure his demon spawn doesn't torture and kill any more small animals he should go off an fornicate himself in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Seriously, maybe he wouldn't be such a shit head if he did that a bit more often.  (And yes I know fundies think it's a sin). 

The latest from Keith Olbermann. NSFW because of language, but recommended if the whole China/Taiwan thing had you wanting to throw things at Trump, his team, and the fools who love him.

Betsy Devos never attended public school, nor did she teach in one (or anywhere else).  So how is she qualified to head the Dept of Education?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/betsy-devos-trump-administration_us_583605d6e4b09b6056001b00

Trump's really not putting a lot of thought into his appointments, is he?

16 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Well, Ivanka and her hubby are planning to move to Washington, DC. Gee, since she'll be running his company in the "blind trust", I guess she's moving so she doesn't see daddy. Maybe that means he'll stay in Drumpf Tower permanently.

Given Trump's past comments about his daughter, I find her moving to D.C. to take on what amounts to first lady responsibilities kind of creepy.

4 hours ago, Childless said:

Given Trump's past comments about his daughter, I find her moving to D.C. to take on what amounts to first lady responsibilities kind of creepy.

Trump has long displayed an unhealthy fixation on Ivanka.  As such, she has enormous influence over him.  I fully expect her to be one of many powers behind the throne of Donald Trump.  She's going to be very busy running his corporations, attending meetings with foreign diplomats and polititions on his behalf, advising him even if it's not in an official capacity, and babysitting him.  Sadly, she seems to be not as impetuous and out of touch as he is, and she seems to be smarter than he is, but she was raised by him and seems to fully back his views.  Perhaps we actually do have our first female president.

Well, Kellyanne is at it again. This group sounds horrifying. We need to support the lawmakers they are targeting.

Senior Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway said in an interview Monday that she is considering leading a group being formed that will provide “a surround-sound super structure” to bolster the new administration’s political and policy goals.

The entity, whose legal structure has not yet been determined, will serve as the outside hub to support President-elect Donald Trump’s agenda. Discussions about the formation of the group have been underway for several weeks.

People familiar with the planning said that some helping organize the as-yet unnamed group have a working motto: "Unleash the Potential," a moniker to describe the quick start they are expecting of Trump administration and the Republican-led Congress in the first part of 2017. The new president and GOP leaders are preparing to enact sweeping changes to the nation's tax, immigration and health-care policies.

Conway told The Washington Post that she is still deciding whether to join Trump at the White House or run the organization, which will seek to harness his most fervent supporters in political and policy fights. Republicans will have a smaller but still dominant majority in the House and will control 52 seats in the Senate. On legislation, however, the Senate filibuster is a factor, requiring at least 60 senators to vote to clear procedural hurdles and move to final passage.

Conway said it will be important for the organization to be run by someone “close to the president” who understands Trump’s priorities.

“He’s going to be a very active president who wants to accomplish things quickly,” she said, adding: “We want to honor that by being ready.” Conway said she and her family are considering relocating to Washington from New York and have been house-hunting.

One immediate goal: to have an organization in place to defend Trump's Cabinet nominees if they face confirmation battles. In the longer term, his advisers believe the group could be a potent force in the 2018 midterm elections, when Republicans are hoping to expand their Senate majority by picking off vulnerable Democratic incumbents. More than half of the 48 members of the Senate Democratic caucus face reelection in two years, including 10 senators from states Trump won.

“We’re fighting and planning how to continue this seismic change and the Trump revolution into the next election, and you’ve got the Democrats literally rehiring the same people who failed them,” Conway said, referring to Rep. Nancy Pelosi’s reelection as House minority leader. “We’re trying to learn the right lessons from our election.”

The new group is expected to focus especially on 10 vulnerable Democratic senators who represent states that Trump won: Sens. Heidi Heitkamp (N.D.) and Joe Manchin III (W. Va.), who are reportedly under consideration for Trump administration positions; Joe Donnelly (Ind.), who hails from Vice President-elect Mike Pence's home state; and Sens. Bill Nelson (Fla.), Robert P. Casey Jr. (Pa.), Claire McCaskill (Mo.), Jon Tester (Mont.), Tammy Baldwin (Wis.), Sherrod Brown (Ohio) and Debbie Stabenow (Mich.). Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), whose state voted for Hillary Clinton, is also seen as a potentially persuadable Democrat given her publicly stated desire to seek bipartisan compromises.

The Trump group could potentially target each senator by mobilizing followers to call their offices or target the lawmakers on Twitter, Facebook and other social-media platforms. Hand-picked leaders in each of the counties Trump won across the country could also apply more direct pressure by calling state or district offices.

The entity will resemble in part Citizens for America, an organization launched by supporters of President Ronald Reagan in the early 1980s. Led by Lewis Lehrman, a Republican New York banker, the group claimed more than 260 local chapters and drew funding from supporters including T. Boone Pickens and top executives at Fortune 500 firms, including Amway, Shell Oil and Chase Manhattan Bank. The group didn't campaign for or endorse Reagan's 1984 reelection, but local chapter leaders sought to rally the public for Reagan's policies by submitting newspaper and magazine letters to the editor, calling into radio and television talk shows and mobilizing local activists to call and lobby lawmakers.

More than 30 years later, “Trump has the ability to do Citizens for America on steroids through the Internet,” said Richard F. Hohlt, a Washington-based Republican consultant and lobbyist. “They're smart enough to know how to harness the movement to their advantage. This is going to be huge. Republicans have never had this before.”

The legal structure of the new organization is being discussed by attorneys. If the group is formed as a super PAC or set up under Section 501(c)(4) of the tax code, it could accept unlimited donations, but 501(c)(4) nonprofits are not required to publicly disclose their donors. Organizing for Action, the nonprofit advocacy group that grew out of President Obama's reelection campaign, is set up as a 501(c)(4), but it voluntarily discloses its contributors.

So, they are going to harness the nutjobs to troll lawmakers. Lovely.

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Well, Kellyanne is at it again. This group sounds horrifying. We need to support the lawmakers they are targeting.

So, they are going to harness the nutjobs to troll lawmakers. Lovely.

They seem to be forgetting that we have the ability to us the Internet too.

Also, they think that they have things all sown up with the Republicans, but there are Republicans in the senate that don't like or agree with Trump. 

ETA: I feel like sending Kellyanne little thank you note. Now I have a handy list of all the people I need to call to let them know that I expect them to stand up to Trump and the Republicans. 

Also, I don't know much about most of the people on that list, but I know that Sherrod Brown is extremely popular in his district, and he's already coming out swinging against Trump, so I don't think they're going to have much success in bullying him into doing their biding. 

What matters now, Hughes argued, is not whether his fraud claim is true. No, what matters is who believes it.

“Mr. Trump’s tweet, amongst a certain crowd, a large — a large part of the population, are truth. When he says that millions of people illegally voted, he has some — in his — amongst him and his supporters, and people believe they have facts to back that up. Those that do not like Mr. Trump, they say that those are lies, and there’s no facts to back it up.”

Palin flashbacks.  Going forward, it's obvious that harnessing social media will be hugely important.  

The evil spawn of our National Security Adviser to be, Michael G. Flynn, is now official.  According to Salon.com, he's been given a government transition team email.

TUESDAY, DEC 6, 2016 06:53 AM CST

Michael Flynn’s conspiracy-minded son, who tweeted about the “Pizzagate” theory, is on Donald Trump’s transition team

(The son of Trump's national security adviser is on a white supremacist social media platform.)

President-elect Donald Trump can disavow white nationalists as much as he wants, but so long as he employs individuals like Michael G. Flynn on his transition team, it will be hard to believe that their views aren’t influencing his own.

Michael G. Flynn, the son of retired Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn (who is slated to become Trump’s national security adviser), has an official government transition email address, as CNN reported on Monday. As CNN’s Jake Tapper tweeted on Tuesday, Flynn also continues to “help his father with some administrative and scheduling work and that needs to be run through transition.”

Flynn has also been using social media to promote some of the fringe right’s most bigoted and patently false conspiracy theories, according to a report on Monday by Think Progress. He has claimed that President Obama hates Christians, has linked the president with Muslim terrorists and non-white criminals, has alleged that Sen. Marco Rubio has a cocaine habit. Most notably, Flynn has used his Twitter account to illogically argue that the Pizzagate conspiracy theory — a meritless story claiming that Hillary Clinton’s team is engaged in a child sex abuse ring that operates out of a Washington DC pizzeria — needs to be “proven to be false” in order for the media to stop discussing it.

The Washington Post has an article explaining Michael Flynn’s tweet wasn’t actually about #PizzaGate, but his son is now defending the baseless conspiracy theory that delves into the general crazy of both father and son.  

I'm on a search for a parallel sane universe -- oh, wait, no, that's just regular life.  The Trumpverse is the insane , post-fact era parallel universe.   

@RoseWilder, Republicans are picking their way through the fever swamp carefully.  They know that the Trump presidency is already coming apart at the seams, with potential for major disasters on all fronts as time goes on: diplomatic, economic, military, domestic policy, inept response to natural disasters.   If they can get ahead of the implosion, they may have a chance for survival.  

Trump/Kellyanne & Co. are getting ready for a major putsch to get everything through Congress before the American people figure out they've been hopelessly screwed by  dismantling MediCare and Social Security, the two most popular government programs in the history of our country.  Some people might think that getting rid of ObamaCare is wonderful until they are completely at the mercy of for-profit insurance companies.   Republicans have had many, many years to come up with a viable alternative and haven't done squat because insurance through for-profit companies cannot be fixed.  It just can't. 

Oh, and screwing people on overtime and raising taxes for some in the middle class -- whatever the hell that is anymore.   

Trump isn't draining the swamp; he's bringing into his cabinet whoever rises out of the muck. 

Republicans should also very carefully attend to the fact that Trump did not win the popular vote; Hillary is ahead by about a bit over 2.6 million votes.  

With his cabinet positions it's like Trump is trying to be like "hey guys look diversity is so real on my cabinet!" but all of these people have horrible ideas, lack experience, etc. It's just horrendous.

Also re: Kellyanne I saw a few people tweet how Liberals suck because Kellyann is such a powerful women whose done just so much! I'm surprised my senator (Casey) is on the list, he's been pretty vocal about how horrible Trump is (but then again he's one of the few pro life democrats in senate).

3 hours ago, Howl said:

@RoseWilder, Republicans are picking their way through the fever swamp carefully.  They know that the Trump presidency is already coming apart at the seams, with potential for major disasters on all fronts as time goes on: diplomatic, economic, military, domestic policy, inept response to natural disasters.   If they can get ahead of the implosion, they may have a chance for survival.  

Trump/Kellyanne & Co. are getting ready for a major putsch to get everything through Congress before the American people figure out they've been hopelessly screwed by  dismantling MediCare and Social Security, the two most popular government programs in the history of our country.  Some people might think that getting rid of ObamaCare is wonderful until they are completely at the mercy of for-profit insurance companies.   Republicans have had many, many years to come up with a viable alternative and haven't done squat because insurance through for-profit companies cannot be fixed.  It just can't. 

Oh, and screwing people on overtime and raising taxes for some in the middle class -- whatever the hell that is anymore.   

Trump isn't draining the swamp; he's bringing into his cabinet whoever rises out of the muck. 

Republicans should also very carefully attend to the fact that Trump did not win the popular vote; Hillary is ahead by about a bit over 2.6 million votes.  

My hope is that their healthcare plan is so disasterous that people rise up and force a single payer system.  That might be the only good thing that comes out of this nightmare.

I see Cheeto now wants to cancel the replacement Air Force one orders with Boeing...

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38221579

Six weeks ahead of taking office, he tweeted: "Boeing is building a brand new 747 Air Force One for future presidents, but costs are out of control, more than $4 billion. Cancel order!"

The government has a contract with Boeing to build two or more new planes.

Boeing shares fell more than 1% after the president-elect's tweet, but recovered most of their losses in afternoon trading.

He is known for his admiration of his Trump-branded Boeing 757 jet, boasting to Rolling Stone last year that his aircraft was "bigger than Air Force One, which is a step down from this in every way".

What a fuck face.  Really, Cheeto?  What the fuck are future Presidents going to fly?

Perhaps he plans to rent his own plane to himself to fly on while he is in office. 

The thing that bothered me the most about this is the CNN article about stated they attempted to verify the $4 billion cost and they couldn't. There is no current estimate anywhere close to that amount.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived