IGNORED

Trump 7 - Cheeto in Charge

samurai_sarah

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone else who isn't a fan of Agent Orange or the people who buddy up to him...

thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/311402-bourdain-vows-to-boycott-restaurants-at-trumps-washington-hotel

Anthony Bourdain, a television personality famous for his shows on food and travel, said he would never eat at establishments in President-elect Donald Trump's Washington hotel.

During a wide-ranging interview with food website Eater published Wednesday, Bourdain was asked about chef Alessandro Borgognone bringing his sushi restaurant to the new Trump International Hotel.

“I will never eat in his restaurant,” the "Parts Unknown" host said. “I have utter contempt for him, utter and complete contempt.”

“It’s not helpful, that sort of thing,” Bourdain added of the chefs partnering with Trump. “I’m not asking you to start putting up barricades now, but when they come and ask you, ‘Are you with us?’ You do have an option. You can say ‘No thanks, guys. I don’t look good in a brown shirt. Makes me look a little, I don’t know, not great. It’s not slimming.’"

Not surprised though given how much traveling he's done over the years that he wouldn't exactly be down with el shithead.

A good op-ed: "Congratulations, Trump. Welcome to hell."

Dear Mr. Trump,

You won. Welcome to hell.

And to think, I thought you’d become president when hell froze over.

Now that the election is finally behind us, may I ask a tiny question: Why did you want this job? Was it on your bucket list? After so many square miles of golf courses, trophy wives, gilt mirrors and crystal chandeliers, was there nothing left to mess with?

I wasn’t surprised, by the way, when you said you’d spend half your time in New York. I mean, it’s New York! And the White House is a tad bourgeois in an Epcot-y sort of way. All that marble, those heavy drapes and selecting new china. Why do we treat incoming presidents and first ladies like they just got married? And who needs a balcony overlooking the Mall when you’ve got a four-corner office in your tower overlooking Fifth Avenue?

Don’t worry about all the whining from New York Mayor Bill de Blasio about the high cost of security. It’s just like a Democrat to want the feds to pay for it, right? All de Blasio has to do is tax facelifts on the Upper East Side and he can build a Trump Armory.

Anyway, I’m writing to say congrats, despite my having done everything in my limited power to block you. When I wrote column after column about why you were unfit to be president and wouldn’t do half of what you were promising, I was serious. And, of course, I was right.

But being a businessman, you know how we say things. It’s not personal. It’s not like you were waking up to a dead chicken in your bed. Besides, I’m pretty sure you didn’t care when I (and many others) called you a con man, a carnival barker, a bully and a snake oil salesman. Admit it. You were thinking: So what? I’m winning!

And so you did. Win.

The reason I knew you wouldn’t do most of what you promised is, one, my BS detector is from the same Queens DNA as yours (via my paternal grandmother, who was quite a dame, by the way). Two, you logically or legally can’t do much of it. Three, you’re Donald Trump, which is synonymous with “whatever works.”

So the anger was a ruse. The promises were slogans. The nasty rhetoric was juice for the base. Not your best moment, Mr. President-elect. And, frankly, not your best timing. You may have missed the coincidence, but the very day that the electoral college officially affirmed your victory, the world exploded. One after another, whether connected or not, possible terrorists staged attacks in three countries.

In Ankara, a Turkish police officer assassinated Russia’s ambassador to Turkey, shouting, “Don’t forget Aleppo.” In Berlin, a commercial truck crashed through the Christmas market, killing at least a dozen people and injuring dozens more. In Zurich, a gunman entered a Muslim prayer center attended mostly by Somalis and opened fire, wounding at least three people.

Naturally, you immediately characterized the attack in Ankara as being perpetrated by a “radical Islamic terrorist,” which may be likely given his shout of “Allahu akbar,” the Arabic phrase for “God is great,” but you do realize that as president, you’re going to have to wait for the facts before commenting? Meanwhile, cue media, the assassination is being characterized as a prompt for the United States and Russia to form an alliance in the fight against terrorism. Voila. Just what you and Russian President Vladimir Putin have been angling for.

Anyway, you can now start hanging with Putin. Just don’t look into his eyes, which, apparently, can make you think he has a soul. (It’s an old KGB trick.) You’ll have to figure out how to handle the Vlad and his other pal, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, since the two of them have been mass-murdering the very same people of Aleppo invoked by the assassin. I’m not feeling the love triangle here, but you’re the magician.

Maybe you can convince them that it’s better to kill terrorists than children. Maybe you and Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim can cut an immigration deal and build a succulent, spiny hedge along the southern border. And just maybe, you and China can renegotiate a trade deal — maybe swap a few resorts for Smithfield Foods, Ingram Micro, General Electric’s appliance business, to name a few of the top U.S. companies that Chinese firms now own.

Good luck with all that. As I said, welcome to hell. And, since you’ve said it’s okay, Merry Christmas. (P.S. Stop tweeting!)

Yeah, he won't wait for facts to do anything. He's too "smart" for facts...

It's official: Clinton swamps Trump in popular vote

More Americans voted for Hillary Clinton than any other losing presidential candidate in US history.

The Democrat outpaced President-elect Donald Trump by almost 2.9 million votes, with 65,844,954 (48.2%) to his 62,979,879 (46.1%), according to revised and certified final election results from all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Clinton's 2.1% margin ranks third among defeated candidates, according to statistics from US Elections Atlas. Andrew Jackson won by more than 10% in 1824 but was denied the presidency, which went to John Quincy Adams. In 1876, Samuel Tilden received 3% more votes than Rutherford B. Hayes, who eventually triumphed by one electoral vote.

19 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I'm going to be sick. No way in hell fuckface should be in office.

Fuck the EC.

Yeah, that was pretty much my take on it.

Hey, you too can have a high-ranking position, as long as you have the "right" look.  Here is the beginning of the article:

Donald Trump believes that those who aspire to the most visible spots in his administration should not just be able to do the job, but also look the part.

Given Trump’s own background as a master brander and showman who ran beauty pageants as a sideline, it was probably inevitable that he would be looking beyond their résumés for a certain aesthetic in his supporting players.

“Presentation is very important because you’re representing America not only on the national stage, but also the international stage depending on the position,” said Trump transition spokesman Jason Miller.

To lead the Pentagon, Trump chose a rugged combat general, whom he compares to a historic one. At the United Nations, his ambassador will be a poised and elegant Indian American with a compelling immigrant backstory. As secretary of state, Trump tapped a neophyte to international diplomacy, but one whose silvery hair and boardroom bearing project authority.

Welcome to Survivor: Washington, D.C. :dislike:

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

I'm going to be sick. No way in hell fuckface should be in office.

Fuck the EC.

And now I notice every Harry Fuck and Thomas is coming out to defend the EC now that their hero Orange Toxic Meagfuckhead got into office. 

Cheeto's doctor is just as much of a nutjob as Cheeto himself. No surprise there. The picture that accompanies the article is too much. I think I'd run far, far away from this kook. He looks like the character Brent Spiner played in "Independence Day".

It has been just over a year since Dr. Harold Bornstein, President-Elect Donald Trump’s personal physician, released a now famous letter declaring that, “If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency.”

Bornstein’s profile exploded, in part because he shared his patient’s penchant for excessive verbiage (his letter also paid homage to Trump’s “astonishingly excellent” lab test results and “extraordinary” strength and stamina) and his kooky appearance: shoulder-length hair, round tortoise-shell glasses and a rotation of black turtlenecks that would put most beatniks to shame.

In a new interview with STAT News — his first since the election — Bornstein lived up to his eccentric reputation, sounding off on everything from the virility of the president-elect to the fate that awaits his interviewer.

He also casually shrugged off the interviewer’s suggestion that Trump’s age (at 70, he’s the oldest president-elect) could present problems when he becomes commander-in-chief.

“If something happens to him [Trump], then it happens to him. It’s like all the rest of us, no? That’s why we have a vice president and a speaker of the House and a whole line of people. They can just keep dying,” he said.

Here’s a sampling of the craziest revelations from that exclusive interview:

On Trump’s age:
“It never occurred to me that he was the oldest president, not for a second,” Bornstein said, adding that Trump isn’t “an old man the way grandfather was an old man.” (This apparently runs counter to Trump’s former opponent, Hillary Clinton, who he deemed “an old lady.”)

On rivalries:
Bornstein told STAT he ran into Dr. Lisa Bardack, Hillary Clinton’s physician, during the campaign and was ready with a gift for her: a Trump pin.

On whether presidents have an obligation to regularly share details of their health:
“Ronald Reagan had pre-senile dementia. I mean, seriously, did they share that one with you, or did Nancy just cover it up?”

On his clout in the media industry:
Five days after his interview with the STAT reporter, Bornstein tried to stop the article from being published, saying, “I happen to have known the Sulzbergers [the family that publishes the New York Times] for 50 years. I’m going to make sure you don’t ever work again if you do this.”

On adult education:
Bornstein revealed he sought out women on Craigslist to teach him Italian, taking private lessons weekly for 10 years. The back of his business card reads “dottore molto famoso,” meaning “very famous doctor.”

On his endeavors outside of medicine:
Bornstein’s high school band, Doc Bornstein and the Interns, played dances, weddings and private parties. (Bornstein was earlier outed by STAT as an amateur poet who signed his verses as “Count Harold.”)

On doctor-patient nepotism:
Bornstein told STAT that aside from a photo of him and Trump in his office, he didn’t publicize their relationship or use his celebrity adjacency for any perks, and that he’s only asked Trump for one thing: a job for his 18-year-old son volunteering with the campaign.

Yikes.

Yeah fuckhead's doctor sure as hell wasnt looking at his mental health though. Man baby is probably the most mentally ill person to ever "grace" the White House.

Yippee, Kellyanne has an official role and title.

President-elect Donald Trump has appointed Kellyanne Conway as counselor to the president, making her the highest-ranking woman in his White House.

Conway was Trump’s campaign manager for the final months of the 2016 campaign.

“Kellyanne Conway has been a trusted advisor and strategist who played a crucial role in my victory,” President-elect Trump said in a statement. “She is a tireless and tenacious advocate of my agenda and has amazing insights on how to effectively communicate our message. I am pleased that she will be part of my senior team in the West Wing.”

In the same statement, Conway called the job “an amazing opportunity,” and added, “I am humbled and honored to play a role in helping transform the movement he has led into a real agenda of action and results.”

Conway is the first woman to be the manager of a winning presidential campaign. She worked for Texas Sen. Ted Cruz earlier in the campaign cycle, chairing a pro-Cruz political action committee.

I was so hoping she'd go away sooner, rather than later. But, now we are going to see her for years.

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I was so hoping she'd go away sooner, rather than later. But, now we are going to see her for years.

Oh God.  Yeah I was hoping she'd go away too.  Of course someone needs to 'splain to her that counselor to the President means that she'll probably be the one who has to explain the 3am tweet storms the Orange Shithead puts out. 

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 0:00 PM, JMarie said:

Health and Human Services?  Kayne doesn't have a medical background, but he was recently hospitalized, so....

Yeah, but I doubt he ever stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, so points off for that...

I didn't see this posted anywhere, but just in case (and it's really long anyway), I'll spoiler it.  A borrowed from Seuss take on Trump.

Spoiler

HOW THE TRUMP STOLE AMERICA

By John Pavlovitz

In a land where the states are united, they claim,
in a sky-scraping tower adorned with his name,
lived a terrible, horrible, devious chump,
the bright orange miscreant known as the Trump.

This Trump he was mean, such a mean little man,
with the tiniest heart and two tinier hands,
and a thin set of lips etched in permanent curl,
and a sneer and a scowl and contempt for the world.

He looked down from his perch and he grinned ear to ear,
and he thought, “I could steal the election this year!
It’d be rather simple, it’s so easily won,
I’ll just make them believe that their best days are done!
Yes, I’ll make them believe that it’s all gone to Hell,
and I’ll be Jerk Messiah and their souls they will sell.

And I’ll use lots of words disconnected from truth,
but I’ll say them with style so they won’t ask for proof.
I’ll toss out random platitudes, phrases, and such,
They’re so raised on fake news that it won’t matter much!
They won’t question the how to, the what, why, or when,
I will make their America great once again!”

The Trump told them to fear, they should fear he would say,
“They’ve all come for your jobs, they’ll all take them away.
You should fear every Muslim and Mexican too,
every brown, black, and tan one, everyone who votes blue.”

And he fooled all the Christians, he fooled them indeed,
He just trotted out Jesus, that’s all Jesus folk need.
And celebrity preachers they all crowned him as king,
Tripping over themselves just to kiss the Trump’s ring.

And he spoke only lies just as if they were true,
Until they believed all of those lies were true too.
He repeated and Tweeted and he blustered and spit,
And he mislead and fibbed—and he just made up sh*t.

And the media laughed but they printed each line,
thinking “He’ll never will win, in the end we’ll be fine.”
So they chased every headline, bold typed every claim,
‘Till the fake news and real news they looked just the same.

And the scared folk who listened, they devoured each word,
Yes, they ate it all up every word that they heard,
petrified that their freedom was under attack,
trusting Trump he would take their America back.
From the gays and from ISIS, he’d take it all back,
Take it back from the Democrats, fat cats, and blacks.
And so hook, line, and sinker they all took the bait,
all his lies about making America great.

Now the Pant-suited One she was smart and prepared,
she was brilliant and steady but none of them cared,
no they cared not to see all the work that she’d done,
or the fact they the Trump had not yet done thing one.
They could only shout “Emails!”, yes “Emails!” they’d shout,
because Fox News had told them—and Fox News had clout.
And the Pant-suited One she was slandered no end,
and a lie became truth she could never defend.
And the Trump watched it all go according to plan—
a strong woman eclipsed by an insecure man.

And November the 8th arrived, finally it came,
like a slow-moving storm but it came just the same.
And Tuesday became Wednesday as those days will do,
And the night turned to morning and the nightmare came true,
With millions of non-voters still in their beds,
Yes, the Trump he had done it, just like he had said.

And the Trumpers they trumped, how they trumped when he won,
All the racists and bigots; deplorable ones,
they crawled out from the woodwork, came out to raise Hell,
they came out to be hateful and hurtful as well.
With slurs and with road signs, with spray paint and Tweets,
with death threats to neighbors and taunts on the street.
And the grossest of grossness they hurled on their peers,
while the Trump he said zilch—for the first time in years.

But he Tweeted at Hamilton, he Tweeted the Times,
And he trolled Alec Baldwin a few hundred times,
and he pouted a pout like a petulant kid,
thinking this is what Presidents actually did,
thinking he could still be a perpetual jerk,
terrified to learn he had to actually work,
work for every American, not just for a few,
not just for the white ones—there was much more to do.
He now worked for the Muslims and Mexicans too,
for the brown, black, and tan ones, and the ones who vote blue.
They were all now his bosses, now they all had a say,
and those nasty pant-suited ones were here to stay.
And the Trump he soon realized that he didn’t win,
He had gotten the thing—and the thing now had him.

And it turned out the Trump was a little too late,
for America was already more than quite great,
not because of the sameness, the opposite’s true,
It’s greatness far more than just red, white, and blue,
It’s straight, gay, and female—it’s Gentile and Jew,
It’s Transgender and Christian and Atheist too.
It’s Asians, Caucasians of every kind,
The disabled and abled, the deaf and the blind,
It’s immigrants, Muslims, and brave refugees,
It’s Liberals with bleeding hearts fixed to their sleeves.
And we are all staying, we’re staying right here,
and we’ll be the great bane of the Trump for four years.
And we’ll be twice as loud as the loudness of hate,
be the greatness that makes our America great.
And the Trump’s loudest boasts they won’t ever obscure,
over two million more of us—voted for her.

24 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Yeah, but I doubt he ever stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, so points off for that...

I stayed at a HI Express last fall, but that doesn't make me a Degreed Anything (Legal, Medical, etc) Professional.

Of course Kayne, Agent Orange, etc etc probably wouldn't want anything to do with HI Express or most other hotels.   Not gold plated enough for their tastes.  After all if one gold plates ones shits one expects a golden toilet to flush them down. 

I can't see paying half a grand a night for a hotel if I'm the one paying for it.  (Even for work I don't think I would want to put them on the hook for that much a night).

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Oh, wow, I thought she wasn't going to take any "official" role in the new administration so she could be a proper SAHM (eyes rolling out of my head).

I have to mute my TV when she comes on talking.

I see Agent Fornicate Face is now waving his tiny orange cheeto around for all to see.

Geezus Donnie Dumbfuck, just what the world needs, another nuclear arms race.

8 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

I see Agent Fornicate Face is now waving his tiny orange cheeto around for all to see.

Geezus Donnie Dumbfuck, just what the world needs, another nuclear arms race.

"Until such time as the world comes" - am I missing something here or does it sound like how Sarah Maxwell rambles words together to form "sentences?"

@GreyhoundFan - I appreciate all of the articles you're posting! I read the one about the woman thinking Obamacare wouldn't actually be repealed (wtf??) to my family, they couldn't believe it.

1 hour ago, JoyfulSel said:

@GreyhoundFan - I appreciate all of the articles you're posting! I read the one about the woman thinking Obamacare wouldn't actually be repealed (wtf??) to my family, they couldn't believe it.

Thank you! I enjoy sharing the articles with folks who are interested and care! Yeah, that particular article gave me a major headache.

This whole nuclear pissing contest with Putin is not going to end well. I guess every single social program will have to be cut to fund the arms race. The Washington Post published a good article about it.  The end is sobering:

As Gizmodo's Matt Novak noted on Twitter, a recently declassified 1982 briefing given to President Ronald Reagan estimated that 80 million Americans could be killed in a nuclear confrontation with the Soviet Union.

That was in 1982, the U.S. population is much larger now...

26 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Thank you! I enjoy sharing the articles with folks who are interested and care! Yeah, that particular article gave me a major headache.

This whole nuclear pissing contest with Putin is not going to end well. I guess every single social program will have to be cut to fund the arms race. The Washington Post published a good article about it.  The end is sobering:

Hell, Cheeto the Dumb Fuck wouldn't care how many people live or die due to his pissing contests.  8 people, 80 million people or 800 million people. 

If anyone you know has been considering a career change, looks like sales and installation of bomb shelters will be a growth industry during the Trump administration. :pb_sad:

Speaking of nuclear warfare, The Day After  is available on YouTube if you missed it back in the 80s.

Now Cheeto's vineyard wants visas to hire foreign workers. I guess that's part of his "keeping good jobs in the US" plan?

Federal ethics experts for former Democratic and Republican administrations warned Thursday that President-elect Donald Trump is creating a major conflict of interest by allowing his Virginia vineyard to seek special temporary visas for foreign workers.

Trump, who is president of the Charlottesville vineyard that applied this month for H2 visas for six foreign workers, will soon run the U.S. government, which determines whether to grant those visas.

“This is a powerful example of why Donald Trump needs to make a definitive break, not just with his operational interests but his ownership interests, by appointing an independent trustee to liquidate all that,” said Norm Eisen, a visiting fellow at the Brookings Institution who was chief White House ethics lawyer for President Obama from 2009 to 2011.

He called the situation “a classic conflict of interest.”

If Trump won’t divest himself of his businesses, he should make sure that none of his office’s appointees have anything to say about these decisions, said Richard Painter, a professor at the University of Minnesota Law School who was chief White House ethics lawyer during 2005-2007 in the George W. Bush administration.

“It’s critically important that these [types of requests] be handled by career employees in federal agencies who have civil service protections,” Painter said. “Anyone appointed by him should be required to recuse themselves. It’s not required by law, but he should do it anyway.”

Trump Vineyard Estates LLC filed a request Dec. 2 with the Labor Department for six H2 visas, which permit U.S. employers to hire foreigners for seasonal jobs such as pruning grapevines, which is what the request said. The request was posted online by the Labor Department on Wednesday and first reported by BuzzFeed News.

The workers are needed to prune the vines on the estate, the Labor application said, and they would be paid $10.72 per hour for a 40-hour, six-day week. The jobs are anticipated to last from January to June.

Trump, whose transition team and press office did not respond to requests for comment on the matter, consistently argued during the presidential campaign that the federal government should limit immigration to protect American jobs. The visas his business seeks do not allow workers to permanently reside in the United States.

About 8,800 temporary agricultural worker visas were requested nationwide in federal fiscal 2016, Labor Department reports show, and about 8,300 were granted.

The Trump vineyard applied for 19 temporary visas for foreign workers in 2014, 2015 and this year, before the most recent request, according to federal records. In addition, he has sought to hire 513 foreign workers since 2013 for some of his other businesses, including for his Palm Beach home, Mar-a-Lago Club.

Kerry Woolard, the Trump Winery’s senior manager who signed the Labor request, did not respond to a request for comment.

Although Trump, during a campaign event in May said of the winery, “I own it 100 percent, no mortgage, no debt,” the winery’s website says it is a registered trade name of Eric Trump Wine Manufacturing LLC and is “not owned, managed or affiliated with Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization or any of their affiliates.”

Eric Trump, the son of the president-elect, is part of his father’s transition team and has been sitting in on meetings that his father has held with high-level technology leaders and others.

The winery, however, is on land owned by Trump Vineyard Estates LLC. Trump reported in his campaign’s federally required financial disclosure statement in May 2016 that he was president of that entity.

The level of inbreeding between Agent Orange's business interests and those of his offspring is scary.

Now Cheeto's vineyard wants visas to hire foreign workers. I guess that's part of his "keeping good jobs in the US" plan?

@GreyhoundFan, is it possible to die from irony overload?  I feel I might! 

Donald Trump's personal lick spittle (when he's not busy being a boot licker), Newt Gingrich, has said the the Trump spawn should just be pardoned for ethics violations, cause things gotta be different for the filthy rich.

Salon.com: 

When it came to Trump’s family and the massive conflicts of interest that exist for them, however, Gingrich was totally fine.  “We’ve never seen this kind of wealth in the White House, and so traditional rules don’t work,” he said. “We’re going to have to think up a whole new approach.”  

Then Newt said that Draining the Swamp wasn't really a thing anymore, and then had to suck that back up, because apparently, even though they are stocking the swamp with alligators, you must continue to say that Draining the Swamp is still a thing because Donald says so, even though Donald thought he might stop saying it.  [face palm]

12 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Everytime a new article comes out it's getting worse and more nauseating. What the hell did the people think who voted for him? It's not gonna be that bad? All this stuff he was talking about won't gonna happen because so many people couldn't imagine such things to happen? Yeah well, now reality sinks in and it's too late. I'm afraid removing Obamacare will be one of the nicer things he will do during the next 4 years. And no way to stop this bastard.

4 hours ago, Smash! said:

Everytime a new article comes out it's getting worse and more nauseating. What the hell did the people think who voted for him? It's not gonna be that bad? All this stuff he was talking about won't gonna happen because so many people couldn't imagine such things to happen? Yeah well, now reality sinks in and it's too late. I'm afraid removing Obamacare will be one of the nicer things he will do during the next 4 years. And no way to stop this bastard.

There was a comment on a Facebook post I was reading.  The guy who made the comment said he was keeping track of all his friends who voted for Trump so he could call them out two years in when they realized their error and tried to deny it.  Someone else then responded that it probably wouldn't happen. Of all the idiots who voted for the Orange Anus, only about 1% would admit to being wrong.  Everyone else would just double down on it being the right choice. It is ridiculously hard to say "I was wrong".

Fundie Russell Moore spoke out against the Orange Anus and now is getting targeted by the likes of Fuckabee and the leadership of the SBC. 

However some are sticking up for Mr. Moore...

star-telegram.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/bud-kennedy/article122568574.html

Defending Moore, Arlington Pastor Dwight McKissic of Cornerstone Baptist Church told NPR that the church ought to speak on civil rights and against police abuse, and cannot become the “Trump Baptist Convention.”

Prominent evangelical professor Darrell L. Bock of Dallas Theological Seminary, author of How Would Jesus Vote?, also defends those who couldn’t support Trump, or who cast a “hold-your-nose” vote.

In plainer words, he’s asking Trump voters to open the Bible and read it instead of using it to whack fellow believers.

I'd tell McKissic that ship has already sailed, that they threw in with Agent Fuckface so they well deserve to be called the Trump Baptist Convention.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived