IGNORED

Trump 7 - Cheeto in Charge

samurai_sarah

It occurred to me this morning that Pence is now our de facto president.  He's going to be doing the grown up president-y nuts and bolts stuff that is  just no fun and requires an attention span of more than 30 seconds (i.e., security briefings) and Trump will be our ceremonial commander/tweeter in-chief who, physically and emotionally, continues to reside in Trump Tower.  Melania says she has two boys and let's hope she has some type of moderating influence.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

But Trump will still hold enough power & prestige to fuck up the world even if Pence tries to do the actual job.

Yes, agree 100%.  Kellyanne Conway for now holds the domestic post of Secretary of PR Damage Control and His Majesty's Trumpsplainer. Not sure who will hold that post after the inauguration -- apparently Kellyanne is going to stay home and care for her children.  Reince Pribus was Trumpsplaining yesterday; he always seems like a little rat in human form, so could be he's perfect for the job. 

Someone will have to step up to the position for global affairs and be ready to put out brush fires and major conflagrations at a moment's tweet's notice.  Someone else will have to be in charge of trying to take the matches away from the Arsonist-in-Chief. 

Tried to delete comment since I responded with same comment to two posts. computer freeze.

11 minutes ago, Tree Hugger 2 said:

Since it is speculation, I refrained from saying in my original post that there will be no shock factor from this homestead if she does not ever move to the White House 

I'm of the opinion that the entire marriage was a business deal.  They certainly don't seem to be in love.  I think she's waiting for either Barron to be of age or Trump to kick off.

2 hours ago, apple1 said:

I also think (guess, presuppose, assume) she likely has a miserable life. I think she has no decision-making or control, and likely verbally and/or emotionally abused. I think that access to her son is likely what is hanging over her head to keep her "in line". I have a fair bit of sympathy for her. If he had not been elected, I had figured six more months for that marriage, tops.

Since it is mere speculation, I refrained from saying that there would be no shock on this quaisi homestead if she never moved to the White House.  

3 minutes ago, Tree Hugger 2 said:

Since it is mere speculation, I refrained from saying that there would be no shock on this quaisi homestead if she never moved to the White House.  

I think it's wrong not to move into the White House, but I can see why she wouldn't want to.  Even if Trump spends weekends in NYC (which I doubt he'll be able to do), that's 5 whole days a week she won't have to deal with his orange ass.  It's probably the only chance at freedom she has right now.  No wonder she's so eager to remain in NY.

Donald is playing with his twitter again. :my_rolleyes:

Dear Donald,

Um, they were caught in the act, and it was brought up before the election. Intelligence brought it to your attention several times. You and your stupid supporters just did not care because it helped you and you are Putin's puppet.

Get off twitter and get a clue,

Mecca

IMG_3461.PNG

IMG_3036.JPG

Well this is interesting: 

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/electors-intelligence-briefing-trump-russia-232498

In its first show of public support for efforts questioning the legitimacy of Donald Trump's victory, Hillary Clinton’s campaign said it is supporting a request by members of the Electoral College for an intelligence briefing on foreign intervention in the presidential election.

“The bipartisan electors' letter raises very grave issues involving our national security,” Podesta said in a statement Monday. “Electors have a solemn responsibility under the Constitution and we support their efforts to have their questions addressed.”

“Each day that month, our campaign decried the interference of Russia in our campaign and its evident goal of hurting our campaign to aid Donald Trump,” he said. “Despite our protestations, this matter did not receive the attention it deserved by the media in the campaign. We now know that the CIA has determined Russia's interference in our elections was for the purpose of electing Donald Trump. This should distress every American.”

Podesta’s statement follows an open letter from 10 members of the Electoral College, including Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi’s daughter Christine and a former member of Congress, who are demanding a briefing from U.S. intelligence officials on any ongoing investigations into Donald Trump’s ties to Russia.

2 hours ago, Mecca said:

Donald is playing with his twitter again. :my_rolleyes:

Dear Donald,

Um, they were caught in the act, and it was brought up before the election. Intelligence brought it to your attention several times. You and your stupid supporters just did not care because it helped you and you are Putin's puppet.

Get off twitter and get a clue,

Mecca

IMG_3461.PNG

IMG_3036.JPG

Trump, it WAS brought up before the election.  Granted, it was in the form of you actively calling for Russia to hack Hillary's e-mails . . . 

There are so many things that bother me about the thought of a *cough* Donald Trump presidency *hack* but this is first on my list:

The white supremacists seem to love him.  (too many links to post, just google it.)

It makes me think of post WW1 Germany. Really, it does.

My dad fought in WW2 in part against this shit.  Was it for nothing?  

Think about how many lost their lives in that war and what was at stake. If you are lucky enough to have surviving loved ones from that time, ask them about it.

I never thought I'd see history repeat itself so soon, in my lifetime...  but doggone it, it seems to be happening.

Maybe I'm just being dramatic.  I hope so.  

Anyone care to talk me off the ledge? ;)

Excuse my cursing, but can someone kindly explain to me why the everloving fuckin' hell Trump called in Carly Fiorina to discuss U.S. Intelligence? What experience does she have to discuss such matters? Does she even have clearance to do so? The hell...

With each passing day my ass gets tighter and tighter knowing this fool will be in control, and it is obvious he has no clue what he is doing. 

12 hours ago, Childless said:

Ugh.  What a horrible life.  Yeah, she's rich, but money definitely isn't everything.  I'd much rather have the freedom to live my life the way I want and the ability to have a say in the path my life takes.  It's obvious she doesn't want to be first lady and doesn't want to leave NY.  Frankly, I'm surprised she hasn't filed for divorce.  With a minor child, she'd get enough child support to live very comfortably.  That's got to be better than putting up with Cheeto.

I really think if he hadn't gotten anywhere in the primaries, they would have been divorced by this summer at the latest. He is probably bribing and/or threatening her that she has to stay as long as he is president. I have little doubt that any pre-nup addressed child support. Unlike many others, I don't feel bad for her. She married a well-known misogynist pig quite obviously for the money. It's not like she married him and then he changed. He's incapable of change.

2 hours ago, Jucifer said:

There are so many things that bother me about the thought of a *cough* Donald Trump presidency *hack* but this is first on my list:

The white supremacists seem to love him.  (too many links to post, just google it.)

It makes me think of post WW1 Germany. Really, it does.

My dad fought in WW2 in part against this shit.  Was it for nothing?  

Think about how many lost their lives in that war and what was at stake. If you are lucky enough to have surviving loved ones from that time, ask them about it.

I never thought I'd see history repeat itself so soon, in my lifetime...  but doggone it, it seems to be happening.

Maybe I'm just being dramatic.  I hope so.  

Anyone care to talk me off the ledge? ;)

Sorry, I'm on that ledge too. And, even if Donnie Dumfreak gets impeached and removed from office, we'll still have Mike "embryo funeral" Pence.

The Washington Post published an article, "Why a Trump presidency inspires fear". It's an interesting read. An excerpt:

When The Post revealed the CIA’s conclusions about Russia, Trump’s response was to insult the CIA, tell a lie about the size of his victory and act as if an election still very fresh in our minds were some sort of historical event dating back to the Pilgrims.

The statement put out by Trump’s transition team, so obtuse and so arrogant, needs to be cited in full: “These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. The election ended a long time ago in one of the biggest Electoral College victories in history. It’s time to move on and ‘Make America Great Again.’”

That Trump would happily trash our own CIA to get Putin off the hook is disturbing enough — and, by the way, there were dissenters in the CIA on Iraq. That he would ignore the risks our intelligence agents take on so many fronts to protect us is outrageous.

Rep. Adam B. Schiff of California, the ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, was genuinely disturbed over how a pampered and privileged man so readily threw our intelligence officers under the bus to make a political point. “Perhaps, once he has taken office,” Schiff said, “Mr. Trump will go to CIA and look at the rows of memorial stars in the lobby — each representing a fallen officer — and reflect on his disparagement of the intelligence community’s work.”

Oh, yes, and about his having won “one of the biggest Electoral College victories in history”? In the past 10 elections, Trump’s electoral college take ranks eighth.

The CIA finding is all the more worrisome because of how Trump has willingly served as a Putin apologist. On NBC in September, for example, Trump sounded very impressed with Putin’s power when he declared: “The man has very strong control over a country.” Well, yes, an autocrat whose opponents often turn up dead does exercise “very strong control.” Trump went on to declare that Putin had been a leader “far more than our president has been a leader.” I don’t know about Trump, but I think most Americans would rather live under Barack Obama.

I have no words.......

----

The Washington Post did an annotated script of Cheeto's appearance on Faux. It is nauseating. One part, especially:

WALLACE: I just want to ask you about your skepticism about the intelligence community. You are getting the presidential daily brief --

TRUMP: Yes.

WALLACE: -- only once a week.

TRUMP: Well, I--I get it when I need it.

WALLACE: But is it -- is there some skepticism –

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: You know, I get -- first of all, these are very good people that are giving me the briefings. And I say, "If something should change from this point, immediately call me. I'm available on one-minute's notice." I don't have to be told -- you know, I'm, like, a smart person. I don't have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years. Could be eight years -- but eight years. I don't need that. But I do say, "If something should change, let us know." Now, in the meantime, my generals are great -- are being briefed. And Mike Pence is being briefed, who is, by the way, one of my very good decisions. He is terrific. And they're being briefed. And I'm being briefed also. But if they're going to come in and tell me the exact same thing that they tell me -- you know, it doesn't change, necessarily. Now, there will be times where it might change. I mean, there will be some very fluid situations. I'll be there not every day, but more than that. But I don't need to be told, Chris, the same thing every day, every morning -- same words. "Sir, nothing has changed. Let's go over it again." I don't need that.

2 hours ago, Mecca said:

Excuse my cursing, but can someone kindly explain to me why the everloving fuckin' hell Trump called in Carly Fiorina to discuss U.S. Intelligence? What experience does she have to discuss such matters? Does she even have clearance to do so? The hell...

With each passing day my ass gets tighter and tighter knowing this fool will be in control, and it is obvious he has no clue what he is doing. 

I fail to see how either Fiorina or Romney have met with him - both of them looked rather nauseous before/after meeting with Trump.

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I really think if he hadn't gotten anywhere in the primaries, they would have been divorced by this summer at the latest. He is probably bribing and/or threatening her that she has to stay as long as he is president. I have little doubt that any pre-nup addressed child support. Unlike many others, I don't feel bad for her. She married a well-known misogynist pig quite obviously for the money. It's not like she married him and then he changed. He's incapable of change.

Several years back I saw an interview with Melania. She was asked if she married Donald for his money. She answered that Donald would have never married her if she was ugly so they both get something out of it. So yeah, if I am grading on a sympathy scale from 1-10, I will be giving her a big ol' 1. 

2 hours ago, tropaka said:

I fail to see how either Fiorina or Romney have met with him - both of them looked rather nauseous before/after meeting with Trump.

It is a weird dynamic for sure. I don't see how Fiorina and Romney can go from "Trump is the spawn of Satan that will not only ruin the GOP, but the U.S. as well" to, "Sure, I can meet you at noon sharp at Trump Towers to go over some serious ass kissing so I can possibly get a spot somewhere in your administration." Frankly, they both look pathetic. 

24 minutes ago, Mecca said:

It is a weird dynamic for sure. I don't see how Fiorina and Romney can go from "Trump is the spawn of Satan that will not only ruin the GOP, but the U.S. as well" to, "Sure, I can meet you at noon sharp at Trump Towers to go over some serious ass kissing so I can possibly get a spot somewhere in your administration." Frankly, they both look pathetic. 

The big talk here in Virginia is that Carly is going to try and run against Tim Kaine for his Senate seat in 2018. She's doing the two-faced suck-up so she can get some time in an actual governmental position.

Teen Vogue published a scathing article about Agent Orange. This is the Washington Post article about the article, I linked it because some of the feedback is quite interesting.

On Dec. 10, the day after Donald Trump’s team dismissed a CIA claim that Russia intervened in the 2016 election to help him win, the Internet lit up with praise for a “scorched-earth” op-ed that called the president-elect a liar.

“Donald Trump is Gaslighting America,” read the article’s title.

The op-ed served as a call to arms, a plea with readers to “regain control of the truth.”

She explained to her audience of mostly young women the origin of the phrase “gaslighting,” from a 1938 Victorian thriller, that features a wife terrorized by her manipulative husband, who would deliberately hide household items and blame her for their disappearance. She questioned her own mental stability until she noticed, while still under his control, that the items would vanish only after her husband dimmed their gas lights.

It was, the wife realized, all a trick.

“To gas light is to psychologically manipulate a person to the point where they question their own sanity, and that’s precisely what Trump is doing to this country,” Duca wrote. “He gained traction in the election by swearing off the lies of politicians, while constantly contradicting himself, often without bothering to conceal the conflicts within his own sound bites. He lied to us over and over again, then took all accusations of his falsehoods and spun them into evidence of bias.”

Duca listed at least seven examples of Trump statements debunked by the fact-checking website PolitiFact, including comments on the Iraq War, the unemployment rate, U.S. taxes, illegal immigration and the crime rate, then laid out for her readers all the ways they can dodge propaganda and fake news in search of verified, factual information.

It was an interesting read.

27 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Romney, Fiorina, et al are all too afraid of The Orange Toxic Megacolon 70 Year Old Man Baby Shithead And Total Fuckstick's Branch Trumpvidians, that's why they're puckering up to kiss orange ass.  

Aaaand, he's going with the Russian connection for Secretary of State.

President-elect Donald Trump has picked as his secretary of state Rex Tillerson, the chief executive of ExxonMobil, according to a senior official on the transition team.

Tillerson has worked extensively around the globe and built relationships with such leaders as Russian President Vladi­mir Putin.

Tillerson’s nomination could face intense scrutiny in the Senate, considering his years of work in Russia and the Middle East on behalf of the multinational petroleum company. GOP advisers have warned that a growing number of Republican senators may be unwilling to vote to confirm Tillerson because of his ties to Russia.

I hope the Senate actually does something for our country, for a change.

Kudos to that Teen Vogue article. I really hope my 13 year old cousin has a subscription to it. Her house is of Trump cult status and she likely needs someone to show her the light...

24 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

Kudos to that Teen Vogue article. I really hope my 13 year old cousin has a subscription to it. Her house is of Trump cult status and she likely needs someone to show her the light...

Well, if she doesn't, Christmas is coming. And what a perfect gift that would make!

8 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

Well, if she doesn't, Christmas is coming. And what a perfect gift that would make!

cisc.jpg

Indeed it is. 

Winter is already here.

I'm getting religion: God help us all!  Rick "Governor Good Hair" and he of the smart glasses has been nominated as Secretary of Energy.  You all may recall that Rick Perry vowed in a past presidential debate to  eliminate the Department of Energy. 

Quoting @GreyhoundFan's WaPo Link: 

Tillerson’s nomination [for Secretary of State] could face intense scrutiny in the Senate, considering his years of work in Russia and the Middle East on behalf of the multinational petroleum company. GOP advisers have warned that a growing number of Republican senators may be unwilling to vote to confirm Tillerson because of his ties to Russia.

Trump's suspect Russia connections, starting with Paul Manafort, are becoming an embarrassment to the Republicans.  What should be more of an embarrassment to Trump are reports that Putin considers him an easily manipulated buffoon.  Putin operates with brutal shrewdness devoid of emotion; Trump doesn't stand a chance.  Trump thinks he's a fire-eating dragon; Putin sees a salamander or a slug. 

Glad to see Rick Perry heading a department he can't remember. :pb_rollseyes: It is also nice to see Rick really did not hold strong to his belief that Trump is a cancer to the GOP. :pb_rollseyes: These weak ass jerks ass kissing for a job makes my stomach turn.

Wonder what position Kanye is bidding for? LOL! Department of Crappy Music and Tantrums on Stage? 

1 minute ago, Mecca said:

Glad to see Rick Perry heading a department he can't remember. :pb_rollseyes: It is also nice to see Rick really did not hold strong to his belief that Trump is a cancer to the GOP. :pb_rollseyes: These weak ass jerks ass kissing for a job makes my stomach turn.

Wonder what position Kanye is bidding for? LOL! Department of Crappy Music and Tantrums on Stage? 

On that note, I've seen a meme going around on the Facebooks and Twitters that der Trumpenfuhrer is going to name Chris Christie to head up the President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived