IGNORED

Trump 7 - Cheeto in Charge

samurai_sarah

12 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I have been blocked on Twitter by the President Elect. :o

It feels quite surreal. He hasn't got the time to divest or to attend his intelligence briefings but he's got time to worry about the tweets by little old me. 

Srsly, I'm a nobody and the soon-to-be leader of the free world blocked me on twitter. 

Congratulations! It's pretty sad that he has time to pick fights on Twitter, but can't hold the promised press conference to discuss how he is going to address his vast conflicts of interest. I saw that he was going after a high school student on Twitter (sorry, I don't remember where I read that), how very mature of him. You know, you couldn't make this crap up.

A good article: "A student asked Ken Burns what to do in Trump's America. He gave her this advice". It's way too long to quote the whole article, here is an interesting part:

But I hear in your anguish a call to action that ought to awaken anyone — including myself — who misread this election. We need to be thoughtful in that action. Blind, angry protest will not help; it will only strengthen those who do not share our worldview. Passivity — as we have both discovered — is also not an option.

We must choose a middle ground: engagement. But the engagement we seek must understand that those people who did not vote as we did are not our enemy. In fact, true engagement is walking into the heart of that constituency, offering shared stories and real solutions rather than narratives that are calculated to divide, offering fellowship and unity, where fake news has helped stoke tribal angers.

We must understand too that we have also been betrayed by the so-called “mainstream media,” who fawned for months over the clearly unqualified candidate, giving him billions of dollars of free media, betrayed by cynical executives more interested in a buck than the facts of the matter, and betrayed by the lazy paid pundits more interested in protecting their own “brands” than in the well-being of the Republic they pretend to serve.

We were betrayed too by pollsters phoning in — literally — their work and by politicians who spoke to their base and did not venture from safe venues, that is to say, they stayed far away from the genuine hurt and the mistrust and the economic dead ends that afflict so many of us.

Amen, Mr. Burns, amen.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I have been blocked on Twitter by the President Elect. :o

It feels quite surreal. He hasn't got the time to divest or to attend his intelligence briefings but he's got time to worry about the tweets by little old me. 

Srsly, I'm a nobody and the soon-to-be leader of the free world blocked me on twitter. 

OMG! I would wear that like a badge. You got under his skin so badly that he blocked you. 

I hope Asshat realizes he can't block world leaders when they call him on his shit. 

1 hour ago, Mecca said:

OMG! I would wear that like a badge. You got under his skin so badly that he blocked you. 

I hope Asshat realizes he can't block world leaders when they call him on his shit. 

Of course he will block them, or at least start a Twitter war with them. This from the same man who refuses to have daily intelligence briefings. After all, they would limit his Twitter time!

I'm a big fan of The Oatmeal. The author's comics, especially those in the grammar and tech categories, are so very funny. He published an interesting comic based on a facebook rant about Agent Orange.

This is a good article: "States with lots of Trump voters didn’t get the jobs. Now they won’t get the tax cuts." Basically, the states that were the biggest Cheeto supporters are going to be screwed the worst. There are some interesting charts that you can play around with linked in the article.

3 hours ago, JMarie said:

Why would God want to help a serial fornicator/molester??

Yeah, Franklin's really got his head stuck up his ass if he thinks God helped Cheetopatine.

Maybe Franklin is bought and paid for by the Russians.  Of course no matter how true that is the reich wingers in Congress will never hold him to account.

Cheeto's daughter is selling boots on Amazon.  The internetz has taken notice. 

rawstory.com/2016/12/these-boots-will-make-your-dad-want-to-fck-you-reviewers-assail-ivanka-trumps-boots-on-amazon/

Of the myriad ways to express disappointment with the outcome of the 2016 election, detractors are finding a clever outlet to attack Donald Trump and the Trump brand: Amazon.

Tricky Internet jokesters are inundating the review page for a pair of Ivanka Trump’s bootswith 1-star posts, conspicuously threading their punny political opinions throughout.

“Every time I tried to express my opinions, I was horrified to find myself bellowing, “HEIL TRUMP!” one use wrote. “Very embarrassing.”

“BUYER BEWARE!” another warned. “These boots are some sort of port key or wrinkle in the space time continuum. I put them on and I was transported back to Berlin in 1933.”

Here's some of the reviews...

Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 11.37.47 PM.png

1 hour ago, Chickenbutt said:

Is this kind of like rickrolling?

(asking for a friend who is still really into Rick Astley)

18 hours ago, Mecca said:

Are you trying to downplay Trump's rhetoric? It appears you qualify everything you say about Trump. "He sucks, BUT..." 

The crowd seemed to be upset the other day when he said it. It was his signature chant he incited at every bloody rally and at the RNC. It is just one example of how he manipulated the masses for votes. The light bulb is starting to turn on for some people judging by what I have seen via social media.

Trump also said he was going to drain the swamp, but now most of his cabinet is filled with elitist, white billionaires that have something to gain by holding those positions. He said he was going to be transparent with his business, now we see that is not the case. We see he is trying to deflect his involvement with Russia and appoint people that are the same. You think he cares of rural America? 

I guess I am, but not so much Trump's rhetoric, but his supporters actual desire to "lock her up." Mostly, I am pointing out that it was used as a tool by him AND his supporters to rile people up. Undecided voters heard this message and who knows how it swayed them. At the very least they could have thought if such a large chunk of people felt she was criminal, maybe she shouldn't be president. Worst case, all of those people actually voted for Trump because they wanted to see her go to prison and for no reason other than that. I am sure there are Trump supporters all over the spectrum. I am also sure that some who wanted to see her locked up don't care as much now that she is irrelevant to them and no there is no longer the "threat" of her becoming President. I am also sure some of them are disappointed, but also have other issues they are focusing on.

Ultimately, I am saying that I doubt the majority of Trump supporters are single issue voters in that their single issue was to "lock her up". I would argue the same for "Draining the Swap." but lesser so. I think that might be an issue for a lot of voters from all sides of the fence. I also think it is maybe clicking to people that entirely "draining the swap" isn't exactly feasible for a plethora of reasons. I remember wincing months back when people were laughing and saying nobody worth their salt would take a position in his cabinet. Actually calling for this! Now they are angry at who he has picked. I winced the same way I did when Obama cracked his "At least I will go down as a President " joke. It was like a jinx .

Back to "Draining the Swamp" ideas. I think a lot of people who also bought in to the "revolution" idea from Bernie felt the same way. Both parties need a facelift . They are both a mess and both filled with a bunch of old politicians (many of whom are white men) who have been doing this for decades. Almost as if the public has moved forward, but the parties have remained stagnant. My saying "But" with our President -elect is pragmatic. Trump is just that. He is our president elect. Yes, he has said he is not going to move forward with "locking her up" BUT, he is still our President-elect. Yes, some of his supporters may not like that he isn't going to "lock her up" but I highly doubt those people feel so trolled that they would have voted for HRC otherwise. That is a really big hurdle to go from wanting to see her locked up to wanting her to be president if she is not locked up.

10 minutes ago, Summer60 said:

I am also sure that some who wanted to see her locked up don't care as much now that she is irrelevant to them and no there is no longer the "threat" of her becoming President. I am also sure some of them are disappointed, but also have other issues they are focusing on.

Since the people at the recent rallies start chanting this, I suspect many(if not most) still feel it is relevant. People actually believed all the lies Trump was selling. They truly believed that he was going to be the man of the people who drained the swamp, locked up crooked Hillary, built a wall, and punished companies who tried to take jobs out of America. And now he is pretty much admitting that all those things are lies. Like I said before, the question isn't if they still care(because they almost certainly do), but if they are willing to admit they got played by a scam artist. 

I don't think most of his supporters would have voted for Hillary, but if he had not been promising all those things, they would have gone with a more reasonable Republican candidate. 

@Summer60 I just don't quite understand why you think there is a chance Trump wasn't selling false hope to rural communities. What has he done that makes you think he is going to help out rural communities like mine? 

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

Since the people at the recent rallies start chanting this, I suspect many(if not most) still feel it is relevant. People actually believed all the lies Trump was selling. They truly believed that he was going to be the man of the people who drained the swamp, locked up crooked Hillary, built a wall, and punished companies who tried to take jobs out of America. And now he is pretty much admitting that all those things are lies. Like I said before, the question isn't if they still care(because they almost certainly do), but if they are willing to admit they got played by a scam artist. 

I don't think most of his supporters would have voted for Hillary, but if he had not been promising all those things, they would have gone with a more reasonable Republican candidate. 

@Summer60 I just don't quite understand why you think there is a chance Trump wasn't selling false hope to rural communities. What has he done that makes you think he is going to help out rural communities like mine? 

I live in a rural community too. (Not originally from here)  I haven't said it was not false hope. I have said he paid attention to rural America during the election and that largely helped him win the election.  Hillary did not manage to win over rural America. Maybe it is false hope, but when people are jobless and suddenly feel like that can change, they may very well be willing to take that gamble. When you are facing hard-working rural America and they are jobless and struggling, what was Hillary promising them? Whatever it was, it didn't motivate them to vote for her. Rural America overwhelmingly voted for Trump. Both men and women. Trump may not fix it, but it doesn't change the fact that something needs to be fixed. Be it false hope or not, he tapped into that hope. At the very least, we now know rural America has concerns that they want addressed.

I agree, Hillary definitely lost in large part due to ignoring rural America.

I was born and raised in a smallish town right in the middle of the US. My family were the liberal oddballs. (I have since moved away to a small city further west, but still largely considered rural America.)

Watching job after job go away? And corporate farming eating up the little guy? It gets depressing, fast. And you realize that "they" only care about the big metro areas. So a little attention from anyone - no matter how crazy - is pretty appealing. Add Jesus into the mix and they are all blinded by what's truly going on. To be honest? Very little about all of this shocks me. It makes me sick, but it doesn't shock me.

When you live in a city of 100,000 and you have watched the local mill, the factory and all industry pack up and leave? And now you can barely find a job that pays well enough to keep the mortgage on your $40k house? It's a depressing world, and many are living in it.

I agree, Hillary definitely lost in large part due to ignoring rural America.

I was born and raised in a smallish town right in the middle of the US. My family were the liberal oddballs. (I have since moved away to a small city further west, but still largely considered rural America.)

Watching job after job go away? And corporate farming eating up the little guy? It gets depressing, fast. And you realize that "they" only care about the big metro areas. So a little attention from anyone - no matter how crazy - is pretty appealing. Add Jesus into the mix and they are all blinded by what's truly going on. To be honest? Very little about all of this shocks me. It makes me sick, but it doesn't shock me.

When you live in a city of 100,000 and you have watched the local mill, the factory and all industry pack up and leave? And now you can barely find a job that pays well enough to keep the mortgage on your $40k house? It's a depressing world, and many are living in it.

5 minutes ago, Summer60 said:

I live in a rural community too. (Not originally from here)  I haven't said it was not false hope. I have said he paid attention to rural America during the election and that largely helped him win the election.  Hillary did not manage to win over rural America. Maybe it is false hope, but when people are jobless and suddenly feel like that can change, they may very well be willing to take that gamble. When you are facing hard-working rural America and they are jobless and struggling, what was Hillary promising them? Whatever it was, it didn't motivate them to vote for her. Rural America overwhelmingly voted for Trump. Both men and women. Trump may not fix it, but it doesn't change the fact that something needs to be fixed. Be it false hope or not, he tapped into that hope. At the very least, we now know rural America has concerns that they want addressed.

Also a lot of these rural people want to go back to the 50s (the 1850s, that is) in terms of race, women's rights, LGBT rights, and so on.  All the facts in the world that show how democratic policies would benefit rural America would not change that many rural Americans want to be able to free to express their hatred against others and take away the rights of others.  I know because I grew up in a rural area and most of my family is still rural.

Some rural people know that Cheetopatine and his Branch Trumpvidian followers in Congress will do nothing to help them and will hurt them a lot.  But they don't care because there are others who are getting hurt more.

22 minutes ago, Summer60 said:

Maybe it is false hope

But why do you think this is a maybe false hope? What are you seeing that makes you think that it might not be false hope? Because everything I see and have seen make it clear he offers no hope. 

24 minutes ago, Summer60 said:

When you are facing hard-working rural America and they are jobless and struggling, what was Hillary promising them? Whatever it was, it didn't motivate them to vote for her.

The problem was that she DID have a plan, but people were so caught up in the emails that it got no attention. Rural America was too busy buying lies that they didn't look at reality. They were being told Hillary was ignoring them, but she wasn't! She had plans to help rural, small family farms. She had a plan to help fund a program that mentors young people who want to become small time farmers. She was going to make it easier for people on SNAP to buy from local farms. She was going to start a program to get schools and hospitals to start purchasing more food at the local level. She had a program to help small farmers whose crops were lost due to weather related problems. And all this is just a small part of her plan for rural America. 

I just happened to see the Questions and Answers too some users are posting for the boots Cheeto's daughter is hawking on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PZ0WUBC/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk

CheetoQandA.png

Welcome to the internet, Ivanka...

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

But why do you think this is a maybe false hope? What are you seeing that makes you think that it might not be false hope? Because everything I see and have seen make it clear he offers no hope. 

The problem was that she DID have a plan, but people were so caught up in the emails that it got no attention. Rural America was too busy buying lies that they didn't look at reality. They were being told Hillary was ignoring them, but she wasn't! She had plans to help rural, small family farms. She had a plan to help fund a program that mentors young people who want to become small time farmers. She was going to make it easier for people on SNAP to buy from local farms. She was going to start a program to get schools and hospitals to start purchasing more food at the local level. She had a program to help small farmers whose crops were lost due to weather related problems. And all this is just a small part of her plan for rural America. 

Because I am hopeful for rural America. Because he isn't president yet and because there is now focus on rural America that wasn't there. Because I don't have a crystal ball. Because I want it to be wrong that rural america won't be helped.  What about anyone in rural America that isn't a farmer? The Clinton campaign really did not think it needed the rural vote. The Obama campaign did better with the rust belt than HRC's campaign did. Clinton's campaign likely opted to not focus on rural America because turnout was lower there during the 2012 election and because lower population makes outreach harder. Trump campaigned in these places and hard. People felt like he was talking to them, rather than "down to them". It doesn't matter if they were "wrong" or "lied to", it matters that they are individual voters who voted how they wanted to vote. They voted for Trump, and now, Trump will be our President in a little over a month.

If the emails mattered to people, they mattered to them. If Benghazi mattered to people, it mattered to them, if TPP was a concern, it was a concern. That is why we hold an election. Differing ideas and direction are decided on.

Carrier is an example. People can argue however they want about Carrier, but to those people who actually have jobs, they have jobs! They want jobs.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I wish I could like your post 1,000 times. I'm so sick of hearing how Clinton, and the Democrats, ignore the rural American and the working class. No, they don't. They offered a lot of help, the help just keeps getting rejected in favor of the lies and pipe dreams the Republicans promise. I've lost track of the number of tweets, comments, articles, etc. that keep blaming Democrats for not reaching out to the middle class. All the things you listed, as well as the health care bill, and wanting to raise the minimum wage, were the Democrats attempts to help rural and working class America. Instead, they voted for guns, racism, and promises to bring back industries that aren't coming back. 

I have no idea how Democrats are supposed to get through to people who repeatedly fall for false promises and who keep voting against themselves, but it's not their fault that people reject real help over lies and fear and pipe dreams. 

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Also a lot of these rural people want to go back to the 50s (the 1850s, that is) in terms of race, women's rights, LGBT rights, and so on.  All the facts in the world that show how democratic policies would benefit rural America would not change that many rural Americans want to be able to free to express their hatred against others and take away the rights of others.  I know because I grew up in a rural area and most of my family is still rural.

Some rural people know that Cheetopatine and his Branch Trumpvidian followers in Congress will do nothing to help them and will hurt them a lot.  But they don't care because there are others who are getting hurt more.

I also live in rural America and a lot of the Trump supporters I know said they were voting based on guns and wanting Mexicans to be deported. Every person who told me that was poor, struggling to feed their family and should have more important things to worry about, but guns and hatred were their concerns. 

2 hours ago, Summer60 said:

Ultimately, I am saying that I doubt the majority of Trump supporters are single issue voters in that their single issue was to "lock her up". I would argue the same for "Draining the Swap." but lesser so.

Yet at every rally he has done after the election they are still chanting those same words. No one here is saying her incarceration is a single issue for them. We are saying Trump used it to incite them. "Draining the swamp" was his main issue and focus. We are seeing that is not the case. Trump is being shady in regards to his business practices and teetering on the line of nepotism. I think it is becoming glaringly obvious this position of presidency is to help his bottom line and not anyone else. 

I remember wincing months back when people were laughing and saying nobody worth their salt would take a position in his cabinet. Actually calling for this! Now they are angry at who he has picked.

Um, that is still the case. It is not like many worth their salt are clamoring to make the cut. There are a few nominations that are OK selections that do not have me running for the hills, but most of those being summoned to the Tower are misfit toys.

Yes, some of his supporters may not like that he isn't going to "lock her up" but I highly doubt those people feel so trolled that they would have voted for HRC otherwise. That is a really big hurdle to go from wanting to see her locked up to wanting her to be president if she is not locked up.

Who suggested that leap other than you? There were seventeen other candidates to chose from in the Republican Party. After the convention, there were other candidates beside HRC. 

I don't get how people can say that Hillary ignored rural America. Her focus on policy for rural America was far greater than Trump's. She laid those policies out clearly. Very clearly. She had plans for family farms with increased funding, food exchanges and safety nets. She had plans to help the local banking industry. She had plans to expand broadband and transportation to those areas. She had plans for new market tax credits for plants and other job creators. She had a plans to access better education and to expand access to healthcare.  

And it is a flat out lie to say Hillary did not focus on rural America and talk to those people. She did and she did it often. I guess people were too focused on the lies being spewed about her to notice. 

When we speak of "rural America," we should remember that it doesn't consist solely of whites. The majority of blacks still live in the South. The percentage isn't as high as it was under Jim Crow, but it is something like 55-60 percent. The electoral college effectively cancels out the black Southern vote, but Southern blacks voted overwhelmingly for Clinton. The so-called "Black Belt" in Alabama, Mississippi, and Georgia has the kind of poverty we associate with the developing world, yet no one shows much sympathy for black rural residents. It's like black poverty is "normal" but white poverty is not, even though there are far more poor whites than poor blacks. There are also many rural Hispanics, but I cannot speak with certainty on those communities. However, we should remember that rural America isn't just white Trump voters.

1 hour ago, Summer60 said:

Because I am hopeful for rural America. Because he isn't president yet and because there is now focus on rural America that wasn't there. Because I don't have a crystal ball. Because I want it to be wrong that rural america won't be helped

But why are you hopeful? What has he done that makes you hopeful? Yeah people are talking about rural America, but the people in charge show no indication that they will pass policies that will help. The policies they are wanting to pass will only hurt rural America.  You don't need a crystal ball, just look at how he(and the rest of people) have behaved in the past and you can tell pretty much what a Trump America will look like. 

This is like me saying I'm hopeful the GOP is going to let NC's new Democratic governor do his job, when every single sign points to them trying to strip him of power and make it impossible for him to do anything. That sort of hope if a false hope not grounded in reality. 

What about anyone in rural America that isn't a farmer?

She had detailed plans for rural America that were not just for farmers. She hardly ignored rural America. The problem was that she didn't make her voice loud enough to drown out Trump screaming lies. But then no one else could either.  He offered no rural development plans, he just put more fuel on the fire of hatred. He made vague promises he never intended to keep and gave a voice to anti-muslim, anti-immigration, white supremacists. He said enough vague "Christian" things that the evangelicals to turn a blind eye to the hate so they could get anti--woman, anti-gay laws passed. 

If the emails mattered to people, they mattered to them. If Benghazi mattered to people, it mattered to them,

But you have to look at the why behind this. Why did they think that these things mattered more than all the terrible things Trump was doing and has done? Not because they were actually more important than Trump's terrible actions and words, but because they were being told over and over and over again that these things were a big deal and Trump was allowed to get away with lie after lie. 

Carrier is an example. People can argue however they want about Carrier, but to those people who actually have jobs, they have jobs! They want jobs.

Sure they have jobs now, but according to most info, that isn't going to last. The state is now paying $7 million for the company to fix it so they need less employees.  He had no intentions of following through on his promises, but when forced to do so, he slapped on a band-aid that instead of helping will cause more long term problems.

Besides the racism, anti-immigration and Islamaphobia,  people were voting based on lies. And it DOES matter if a president gets elected based on lie and hate! It matters a lot! Why don't you think it matters? And it matters that people are still being told Trump might not have sold false hope, when every single sign points to him having done so. We need to change things where voters make decisions based on reality, not hatred and pipe dreams. Hatred and pipe dreams got us a president who isn't even trying to hide how corrupt he is and is bound to hurt a lot of people. 

Face it.  Rural America voted based on hate.  That's it.  I will not in the least feel sorry for them when their situation gets worse.  Clinton gave them a solid plan.  Trump did not.  They're either dumb as a box of rocks (which I don't think is true) or they were looking for someone to blame rather than a plan to help.  Trump gave them a line up of people to blame for their lot in life and they grabbed on to it rather than voting in their own best interest.  They get what they deserve.  Maybe next time they'll be more apt to accept help and embrace the change necessary to survive rather than looking for scape goats.

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

But why are you hopeful? What has he done that makes you hopeful? Yeah people are talking about rural America, but the people in charge show no indication that they will pass policies that will help. The policies they are wanting to pass will only hurt rural America.  You don't need a crystal ball, just look at how he(and the rest of people) have behaved in the past and you can tell pretty much what a Trump America will look like. 

This is like me saying I'm hopeful the GOP is going to let NC's new Democratic governor do his job, when every single sign points to them trying to strip him of power and make it impossible for him to do anything. That sort of hope if a false hope not grounded in reality. 

She had detailed plans for rural America that were not just for farmers. She hardly ignored rural America. The problem was that she didn't make her voice loud enough to drown out Trump screaming lies. But then no one else could either.  He offered no rural development plans, he just put more fuel on the fire of hatred. He made vague promises he never intended to keep and gave a voice to anti-muslim, anti-immigration, white supremacists. He said enough vague "Christian" things that the evangelicals to turn a blind eye to the hate so they could get anti--woman, anti-gay laws passed. 

But you have to look at the why behind this. Why did they think that these things mattered more than all the terrible things Trump was doing and has done? Not because they were actually more important than Trump's terrible actions and words, but because they were being told over and over and over again that these things were a big deal and Trump was allowed to get away with lie after lie. 

Sure they have jobs now, but according to most info, that isn't going to last. The state is now paying $7 million for the company to fix it so they need less employees.  He had no intentions of following through on his promises, but when forced to do so, he slapped on a band-aid that instead of helping will cause more long term problems.

Besides the racism, anti-immigration and Islamaphobia,  people were voting based on lies. And it DOES matter if a president gets elected based on lie and hate! It matters a lot! Why don't you think it matters? And it matters that people are still being told Trump might not have sold false hope, when every single sign points to him having done so. We need to change things where voters make decisions based on reality, not hatred and pipe dreams. Hatred and pipe dreams got us a president who isn't even trying to hide how corrupt he is and is bound to hurt a lot of people. 

I think I shared this video earlier that the US made shortly after World War II.  After the 70 Year Old Orange Toxic Megacolon Manbaby and Total Fornicate Face's mentor went down in defeat.

The Germans in this video...they bought into the horseshit.  And what did it get them?  A destroyed country and them face down in the dirt, snow, water, etc....

Hitler and his groupies sold the country a bill of goods based on hate.  And it consumed all of Germany, the innocent as well as the guilty.  It drives me up the fucking wall that history is repeating itself now, especially since our grandparents fought against this the first time around.

14 hours ago, JMarie said:

Is this kind of like rickrolling?

(asking for a friend who is still really into Rick Astley)

Okay, I couldn't resist. I don't know if I saw this on FJ or elsewhere, but I love me some Rick Astley too!

rick_astley_for_prez.JPG

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived